Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a list of non-legendary Pokemon that can only have one ability?
I don't know of any list. However, I know that, barring Bronzong, anything with Levitate only has one ability. I am, of course, discounting any Megas that change abilities. Can't think of anything else at the moment...

Funny. I just watched that movie a few hours ago with my family. Coincidence? Yeah, most likely...

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Is there a list of non-legendary Pokemon that can only have one ability?
I don't know of any list. However, I know that, barring Bronzong, anything with Levitate only has one ability. I am, of course, discounting any Megas that change abilities. Can't think of anything else at the moment...

Funny. I just watched that movie a few hours ago with my family. Coincidence? Yeah, most likely...
Also Shedinja, Pupitar, Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon, Cascoon, the Slakoth family, the Archen family, Castform, the Cherrim family, the Yamask family, the Zorua family, Ferroseed, the Deino family, Furfrou, the Honedge family, the Clauncher family.
tl;dr: the pupae, anything with a signature ability, anything with an unambiguously negative ability (not gonna rant about Hustle here lol), and literally two miscellanea (Deino family and Ferroseed). I don't know of any official list, I just browsed through Bulbapedia's list of pkmn by abilities ^.^ if you sort it by what doesn't have a hidden ability, it's quite easy to see.

Also Shedinja, Pupitar, Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon, Cascoon, the Slakoth family, the Archen family, Castform, the Cherrim family, the Yamask family, Ferroseed, the Hydreigon family, Furfrou, the Honedge family, the Clauncher family
tl;dr: the pupae, anything with a signature ability, anything with an unambiguously negative ability (not gonna rant about Hustle here lol), and literally two miscellanea (Hydreigon family and Ferroseed). I don't know of any official list, I just browsed through Bulbapedia's list of pkmn by abilities ^.^
Thank you for going to the trouble for me! I was too lazy myself, hehe. It's always easier breeding for Pokemon with only one ability. Oh, Durant has Truant, a negative ability, but also has Hustle (okay ... another bad ability) and Swarm but that's the only exception I can think of.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Thank you for going to the trouble for me! I was too lazy myself, hehe. It's always easier breeding for Pokemon with only one ability. Oh, Durant has Truant, a negative ability, but also has Hustle (okay ... another bad ability) and Swarm but that's the only exception I can think of.
(I also edited in Zorua btw, forgot it at first because I derped at forgot to sort BPedia's lists for 'no hidden ability')
As for Durant, you shouldn't be too rigid, otherwise you could discount Clauncher as well because of Mega Blastoise :D
(no seriously, I viewed Durant's Truant as a joke addition and Slaking's Truant as a real signature/negative ability)

Lumari

empty spaces
TFP Leader
rufusdrumknott The Dutch Plumberjack Truant actually has some use as a gimmick set using entrainment to spread truant (I've seen it in FFAs on youtube, at least, lol).
Yeah it does, it works really well in the maison (too slow for me though), but only Durant can do it, and hence me calling it 'joke addition' because there's not really a legitimate use for it lol. Originally it was obviously meant to prevent Slaking from being overpowered, but why they decided to give it to Durant, idk.

rufusdrumknott The Dutch Plumberjack Truant actually has some use as a gimmick set using entrainment to spread truant (I've seen it in FFAs on youtube, at least, lol).
Yeah I know, it's one of my favourite strategies myself! It's still an unambiguously negative ability though.

I have a soft spot for Pokemon that have a bad ability because they're too strong otherwise (well, just Slaking and Archeops, of course). The novelty is appealing to me negl

Also Shedinja, Pupitar, Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon, Cascoon, the Slakoth family, the Archen family, Castform, the Cherrim family, the Yamask family, the Zorua family, Ferroseed, the Deino family, Furfrou, the Honedge family, the Clauncher family.
tl;dr: the pupae, anything with a signature ability, anything with an unambiguously negative ability (not gonna rant about Hustle here lol), and literally two miscellanea (Deino family and Ferroseed). I don't know of any official list, I just browsed through Bulbapedia's list of pkmn by abilities ^.^ if you sort it by what doesn't have a hidden ability, it's quite easy to see.
Remember that Ferroseed now has Anticipation as an HA (and Duskull gets Frisk so Bronzong isn't the only Levitator).

(Also Truant is probably a pun on Durant being an ant)

I'm horde ev training and for some reason my pokemon stopped gaining the evs from it despite it being the lead, holding a training item, having pokerus, and there being plenty of evs left for it to get. Is it that I switch to another pokemon to ko the 5 wild ones?

edit:
Ok figured out what was wrong I was using the wrong power item, lol my bad, I'm an idiot.
Always remember to check your power items kids, or you'll end up looking like a dumbass like I just did.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I'm horde ev training and for some reason my pokemon stopped gaining the evs from it despite it being the lead, holding a training item, having pokerus, and there being plenty of evs left for it to get. Is it that I switch to another pokemon to ko the 5 wild ones?
(1) If you have EXP share on, you don't need to have the "in-training" pokemon out in front. It'll still get the EVs if it's in the back. You could potentially train 5 pokemon at once like this.

(2) Have the EVs been maxed out for that stat? Remember: max 252 EVs per stat.

(1) If you have EXP share on, you don't need to have the "in-training" pokemon out in front. It'll still get the EVs if it's in the back. You could potentially train 5 pokemon at once like this.

(2) Have the EVs been maxed out for that stat? Remember: max 252 EVs per stat.
I had it holding the power item for the wrong ev. And look at the edit I added.

I hope this is the right place to ask - in Pokemon Trozei, how do I get the Pokemon I haven't yet Trozeid in a certain area? Do I just play that area again or do I need to do something special? One of the tips I received said that I can see different Pokemon depending on how I played so 'try different styles', what does that mean?
Hope it's okay to bump this, I really want an answer ;~; Or does anyone know where I can go through a guide for Trozei or something?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
hey how do i start my own subject on the forums
By subject I assume you mean thread? While this isn't technically the right place to ask this, I will answer it anyway. Basically you just click the blue box which says "Post new thread" on the main page. If you can't find it, just ctrl+F "post new thread".

However, I urge you to run your thread idea by a moderator such as DHR-107 because OI has some fairly strict rules with threads. Contact him through a PM or on IRC.

I've started playing Pokemon Firered Omega, and I'm having a blast. But I've never played a hacked game before and want to play more good ones, hoping someone with experience could give me some examples of some good/fun hacked Pokemon games? (Ex: Flora Sky, Liquid Crystal, Light Platinum, Ruby Destiny) I've heard of these but can't find out much about them other than they've been altered in storyline and gameplay. An explanation for any examples given would be extremely appreciated btw. Thanks! :)

I've started playing Pokemon Firered Omega, and I'm having a blast. But I've never played a hacked game before and want to play more good ones, hoping someone with experience could give me some examples of some good/fun hacked Pokemon games? (Ex: Flora Sky, Liquid Crystal, Light Platinum, Ruby Destiny) I've heard of these but can't find out much about them other than they've been altered in storyline and gameplay. An explanation for any examples given would be extremely appreciated btw. Thanks! :)
I'm uncertain if these are allowed to be discussed (maybe so long as we don't disclose details about the process), if so might I suggest this rom hack called Pokemon Crystal dust;
edit: I don't want any spoilers, but basically it's like the GBC crystal, it's still in its beta form though.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm uncertain if these are allowed to be discussed (maybe so long as we don't disclose details about the process), if so might I suggest this rom hack called Pokemon Crystal dust;
edit: I don't want any spoilers, but basically it's like the GBC crystal, it's still in its beta form though.
Discussion is fine, you just can't provide download links.

Pokemon Quartz may have some eye-bleedingly bad spritework, but it does have a rather well put together set of gyms and some fiendishly hard trainers. I had a bit of fun playing it, even if the sprites are awful

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Could I ask why not? I mean just out of curiosity, why aren't we allowed to provide links for hacked games, even if it's for an IOS emulator?
Because pirating is illegal, and by posting a link you are telling someone how to pirate, which is also illegal I believe. Smogon would just prefer to stay out of that kind of business. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)