Haxmons (Playable on Aqua)

something I've been trying out is drapion, and hoo boy does it perform. With 2 fabulous abilities in sniper, helping it hit harder and battle armor allowing it to do an SD set. Its speed IS a bit low but when you have the elemental fangs+ wide lens you can definitely do some work.
my current set:

Drapion@wide lens
ability:sniper
252atk/252spd/4spDef
jolly nature
crunch
fire fang
ice fang
thunder fang/filler move

this guy can spread status like nobody's business. The main idea is to spam ice fang until you get a freeze, the wear them down until they die with crunch, getting a garunteed defense drop helps a lot. Thunder fang allows it to cripple a switchin and begin the process all over again and fire fang hits stuff and burns it. It lacks the ability to boost its speed when using battle armor, but makes up for it with a much higher speed than lapras does.( lapras tends to get flinched to death before it can set up)

some other stuff I've noticed:
dragonite is fairly common, but not too great without multiscale.

golbat/crobat is on several teams, absorbing flinches and dealing them out

togekiss wins the award for most useless abilities with serene grace being useless, and super luck as well. Hustle is Lol in the first place, but now forces togekiss to miss. So yeah. Anyone got an opinion on most improved Mon?

something I've been trying out is drapion, and hoo boy does it perform.
my current set:

Drapion@wide lens
ability:sniper
252atk/252spd/4spDef
jolly nature
crunch
fire fang
ice fang
thunder fang/filler move

this guy can spread status like nobody's business. The main idea is to spam ice fang until you get a freeze, the wear them down until they die with crunch, getting a garunteed defense drop helps a lot. Thunder fang allows it to cripple a switchin and begin the process all over again and fire fang hits stuff and burns it.
The elemental fangs have a 95% chance to hit, so doesn't it mean that here in Haxmons they would always miss?

Oh, right, I didn't notice the item. But then wouldn't it be very vulnerable to Knock Off?
Knock Off is near nonexistent in this meta. Almost every attacking move is either a booster, priority, status inducer, flincher, or something to beat a specific pokemon (eg Superpower Thundurus to kill Excadrill on the switch, Close Combat Lucario to threaten Lapras).

I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, but if you acupressure until you get an evasion boost enemy moves still hit regardless.

It's probably better this way anyway though, seeing as after you do get an evasion boost it's essentially GG.

How does paralysis work? Will the paralysed Pokemon always move or always "fully paralysed"?

How does freeze work? Will it always be first turn thaw?

How does sleep work? How many turns?

Confusion? Always hit itself?

Infatuation? Always immobilised?

How does damage roll work? Always max damage?

Bright Powder? Quick Claw? Sleep Talk? Shed Skin? Effect Spore?

Also, multi-hit moves? Will they always hit twice or 5 times?

Last edited:
I believe this is my first time participating in an OM forum, so don't kill me if I do something wrong. Aside from scizor, escavilier is a great bug/steel type to use. Surprisingly bulky with shell armor, and hits like a truck with iron head. Kinda sucks that he lacks a lot of coverage though. Also, facade seems really nice on lots of Mons. It makes an untimely paralysis/poison into a 210 BP move. Anything with stab guts facade is gonna hit hard. Swellow, ursaring, raticate just to name a few. Also, has anyone tried using belly-speed linoone?

I believe this is my first time participating in an OM forum, so don't kill me if I do something wrong. Aside from scizor, escavilier is a great bug/steel type to use. Surprisingly bulky with shell armor, and hits like a truck with iron head. Kinda sucks that he lacks a lot of coverage though. Also, facade seems really nice on lots of Mons. It makes an untimely paralysis/poison into a 210 BP move. Anything with stab guts facade is gonna hit hard. Swellow, ursaring, raticate just to name a few. Also, has anyone tried using belly-speed linoone?
The thing is, escavalier is way too slow and will just get flinched to death.

wide lens fixes that. 90 accuracy moves will hit with the wide glasses in this meta. So the elemental fangs work.
This is incorrect. 90 accuracy moves will still miss with a wide lens, it only boosts them to 99% accuracy. It does however work with the Elemental fangs, since they're base 95 as previously stated.

I used Drapion quite a bit myself - Battle Armor is quite a bit superior to sniper for general purpose - I used Lens + all three fangs and Agility. Drapion has more than enough bulk with Battle Armor to survive many standard hits to set up agility, forcing in a priority user if your opponent still has one.. and if not, go to town with flinches of your choice. That said, I also used it alongside sticky web, so setting up agility was not often required to me to make use of it as a priority-resistant flinching machine.

How does paralysis work? Will the paralysed Pokemon always move or always "fully paralysed"?
Paralysis works regularly

How does freeze work? Will it always be first turn thaw?
Freeze works regularly

How does sleep work? How many turns?
Sleep works regularly

Confusion? Always hit itself?
Still works Regularly

Infatuation? Always immobilised?
You guessed it - works Regularly

How does damage roll work? Always max damage?
Not actually sure on this one

Bright Powder? Quick Claw? Sleep Talk? Shed Skin? Effect Spore?
Brightpowder: normal, Quick Claw: Normal, Shed Skin: Normal, Effect Spore: Normal, Sleep Talk: Why would you even ask?

Also, multi-hit moves? Will they always hit twice or 5 times?
And finally, works Regularly

:-/ Well then it's still quite haxy

And what do you mean by "Bright Powder: normal"? Will move always hit or always miss?

Last edited:
Played around this ladder for awhile, definitly the most creative OM out there since it changes the way the game is played rather than just boosting select pokemon to op levels.
With the meta so centered around flinching and ancient power variants, Mega Banette is a pretty good panic button if the opponent manages to set up

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Shadow Sneak / Phantom Force / Knock Off
- Protect
- Disable
- Destiny Bond

Prankster disable shut down the most vital move while destiny bond break a sweep so you still have a fighting chance. Protects scouts for moves and works great with priority disable. Still to frail to comfortably switch in on most attacks, even with investment, but it can live a unboosted ancient power and resists the rare silver wind.

Also, does mold breaker abilities allows one to crit through shell armor? If so then Kyub would be a great check to all those water type shell armor users.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mold Breaker does ignore Shell Armor
I'm the only one to use Band Dragonite but that's surprising, Espeed saved me more than any other move in the team. It's just nuclear

I just topped the haxmons ladder, so I thought i'd share my thoughts on my favourite meta so far.

Hadonusee is right; haxmons is a completely different game. That panic button Mega Banette looks good too, but I've managed so far by simply never allowing my opponent to set up their Shell Armour / Battle Armour users beyond the point that I can take them down. I try to play safe, always choosing to sacrifice my flinchers rather than let my opponent boost up.

My team's MVP:

Kabutops @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armour
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Def / 180 Spe
Lax Nature
Ancient Power
Scald
Waterfall
Aqua Jet

This was originally envisioned as a hard Talonflame / Weavile counter, which were previously giving my team a lot of grief. Scald is to remove freeze, and lets it deal with Weavile when it goes for the inevitable Ice Punch. Aqua Jet then deals damage when Weavile tries to use Dark Pulse. Froslass is a bit trickier, since Kabutops can only attack her once every other turn with Aqua Jet, but Kabutops still wins.

Speed EVs let it outspeed Lapras, with the rest in physical bulk to protect against priority and serve as a hard Talonflame counter. If Talonflame comes out, I just immediately send out Kabutops and start boosting. Or let Talonflame kill something, then send out Kabutops to reduce the damage it takes before attempting to sweep. It can even take on some Lapras variants unboosted by spamming Waterfall, but loses quickly if the opposing Lapras is allowed to use Freeze Dry.

:-/ Well then it's still quite haxy

And what do you mean by "Bright Powder: normal"? Will move always hit or always miss?
Brightpowder works normally - moves have a 10% chance to miss you if you're holding it, with few exceptions. I'm not sure how my answer could have been interpreted any differently.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Drought will be huge as it prevents freezing. Ninetales and Megazard Y say hi.

also god save us from scarf Exploud/Chatot

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is the most hyper offensive meta there is. Moreso than even metagameate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)