1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Haxorus (Sub DDance) [QC 0/3]

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by puking_rainbows, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puking_rainbows

puking_rainbows

[​IMG]

[SET]
    name: Sub DDance
    move 1: Substitute
    move 2: Dragon Dance
    move 3: Dragon Tail
    move 4: Earthquake / Brick Break
    item: Leftovers
    nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe

Why this set deserves to be on-site:

• All Haxorus sets posted on-site are sweepers. No supporting or phazing one is commented.
    • This set works as an annoyer and is hard to get rid of if played right and with the right teammates, as Haxorus will need support to eliminate beforehand some potential threads.

Additional comments:

• Earthquake hits harder after a DD and helps to get rid of steel types while Brick Break adds coverage against ice types.
    • Brick Break acts as support for breaking Reflects and Barriers, which can potentially threat your team.

Teammates & counters:

• Always Magnezone (traps Steel types).
    • Stealth rockers and Spikers (to fully use Dragon Tail).
  2. MagicShedinja

MagicShedinja

can't see the point of this set. there is Dragonite that is way better at doing this, in primis thanks to roost and Multiscale. what are the advantages of haxorus?
  3. Qwertyuiop

Qwertyuiop

Honestly, I think Haxorus does not have the bulk or resistances to use this type of a set. It's pretty much outclassed by Sub+Hone Claws Kyurem-B and Dragonite due to their significantly greater bulk and access to reliable recovery. Moreover, increases your speed while relying on a move with negative priority doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
  4. DrunkDemon

DrunkDemon

I could see an OO mention of Roar + Mold Breaker to beat Baton Pass in Haxorus' revamp, but, as has already been said, any set using Dragon Tail has no use over other, much bulkier Dragons.
  5. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

ew

QC Rejected
  6. dice

dice the road beckons
    is a Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Arcade Star

why would you dance and then use a neg prio move
  7. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

This

And that.

Don't worry, i'll be mentioning Substitute + DD in the AC of my Dragon Dance set.

(QC REJECT 2/3)
  8. ginganinja

ginganinja Dating Haunter
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

QC REJECTED 3/3
  9. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

locking & moving
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)