1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Help!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Giovix2002, May 24, 2013.

1. Giovix2002

Giovix2002

Hello.
    How do I activate my server Showdown Pokemon?
    How do you become Administrator?
    How do I change the link of the server?
    Thanks for everything.
  2. mikel

mikel @ air baloon
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

a) you need to forward port 8000, the method for which depends on your OS and router. please google or otherwise search for how to do this, as i can't explain for every possibility.
    b)
    from the instructions here which you should have read when getting the source code.

c) assuming you've forwarded port 8000, visit your server at <IP here>.psim.us. contact user: Zarel on #showdown on irc.synirc.net to get a custom address for your server.
  3. Giovix2002

Giovix2002

Google Chorme
  4. Soul Fly

Soul Fly IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Google Chrome is not an OS, unless you mean the Chrome OS (chromebooks) which isn't supported by Showdown code structure (afaik). You'll need to ask a Developer for the exact details but it is primarily supported in Unix, Unix derivatives, and Windows environments.
    If you are not sure about what I mean by that, then you should probably do some extensive research before attempting such an operation.

good luck with your future attempts. :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)