HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Apricorns were pretty cool. I liked the National Park and the Ruins of Alph as well.

So I just found out that my brothers copy of Silver STILL WORKS (unlike my Gold and Crystal versions), so you can guess what I'll be doing for the next couple days.
Heh, I recently found my Silver version, which works as well. With my super-awesome Lugia from my awesome Crystal version. Made me a real happy person, that did.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Heh, does anybody remember the Berserk Gene? Double Attack but with full-time confusion... Purugly would Sky Rocket to #1...

I doubt they'll reintroduce the item, but it sure would be cool with the anti-confusion abilities now. Also, Extreme Speed D-Nite.. No longer would our huggable Dragon friend suffer from priority problems, but to be honest I'd much prefer Mach Punch on it. Dragonite just looks like a Mach Puncher..

Beserk Gene would prbly not be in the game (although they did add the Platinum Orb mid-gen, so I could be wrong)

Also, Apricorns would most likely produce only balls from this gen.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The pokeball guy! It'd be really awesome to get a whole bunch of cool looking pokeballs.
I don't think they'll have new pokéballs but maybe he'll give Premium/Cherish/Dive/etc as results of the Apricorns? Or maybe he'll even let you change your pokémon's Ball! =D

Beserk Gene would prbly not be in the game (although they did add the Platinum Orb mid-gen, so I could be wrong)
Platinum Orb doesn't work over WiFi, though, and serves a distinct purpose. As cool as the Berserk Gene is, I doubt it'll be deemed significant enough for it to be put in simply for the two games.

Platinum Orb doesn't work over WiFi, though, and serves a distinct purpose. As cool as the Berserk Gene is, I doubt it'll be deemed significant enough for it to be put in simply for the two games.
Along with the other long-forgotten items Brick Piece, Gold Leaf, and Silver Leaf.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
hope I'm not raining on anyone's parade...

I know, I know, I know this is a thread about Gold and Silver.

I never played Gold and Silver.

I played Crystal. I assume it's similar enough as Yellow was to Red and Blue and Platinum is to Diamond and Pearl.

And I also know everyone's talking up these two games, but...

...all I remember of playing Crystal, when it first came out, was that it was way too similar to Red and Blue. I was expecting a bit more. But then again, all following pokemon games seem to just be a rehashing of the old story with a handfull of new pokemon and a handful of new moves etc...

I totaly realize that they added 100 new pokemon, a few new types, and several new moves, new map and whatnot, but I'm just being honest when I say it just seemed... blah... to me...

I really hope they don't churn out two "re-makes" of games that really didn't inspire me. I still just don't see any reason for it.

Maybe I'm wrong, and Crystal was somehow different than these two games...

I really hope they don't churn out two "re-makes" of games that really didn't inspire me. I still just don't see any reason for it.
You're a small minority in the Pokemon fanbase...

btw, Crystal is my most favorite Pokemon game of all time.

And there's little difference between G/S and Crystal.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
but there is a huge difference between rby and and crystal, wtf are you talking about, special split, held itesms, 100 new pokemon and a whole new world, not to mention the old world, that stuff was crazy good imo

In the remake do you think there would still be the infamous red Gyarados? I am just asking because it is a very popular shiny and the value of shinies may 'decrease' somewhat.What do you guys think?

In the remake do you think there would still be the infamous red Gyarados? I am just asking because it is a very popular shiny and the value of shinies may 'decrease' somewhat.What do you guys think?
It will definitely be there. It was a pretty integral part of the plot.

And the value of shinies has already decreased, what with the introduction of chaining in the 4th generation and the recent discovery of the RNG abuse. XD

They till should make larivitatrs and the non poochyana dark types appear early on in gsc since that was one of the biggest changes gsc bought

G/S/C brings back alot of memories...... 16 badges, the train, the mystical caves, the lapras on Fridays in Slowpoke Well, the Ruins of Alph, the Clefairies which came out at night and danced, the Dragon's lair and that last cave where you battles RED (MT Silver I think)..... I hope the remake comes out but I just hope they don't change it too much, I liked the music so i am hoping they just revamp it

I am hoping the change the cellphone system. Was anyone else annoyed by the useless calls you would get? I honestly didn't care what trainer number 2's rattata was doing. Other than that I am hoping they raise the difficulty of the game. Feraligatr is going to be much more powerful with physical STAB and even Meganium will be getting a boost. It was easy enough to just plow through the E4 the first time when your Feraligatr was using Surf.

That aside I am really looking forward to the bug catching competition, and facing Red.

Just in case most of you aren't aware. Pokemon Sunday goes on at 8:00 am, and the "gaming section" (which is when they said they'd announce the news), happens around 8:30. I live in central time, so I'm 14 hours behind, for me it will be about 6 PM on Saturday, so look at serebii for around those times.

I will definitely use Feraligatr in a remake. Actually, it may the best starter overall, although Cyndaquil might be slightly better in the beginning of the game, especially against Bugsy. Then again, Bugs are so weak that it wouldn't really matter. Later on though, it would be fun to sweep the E4 with Typhlosion's Eruption, if you have some Leppa Berries.

I don't know, but I can say I am just as eager as anyone else.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Ah yes, a GSC remake hopefully. Assuming no transfer...

Some stuff:
- I'll start with someone I've never done before: Typhlosion. Well, that might be odd, but I like Razor Leaf back then. Besides, Typhlosion speedruns the first half of the gyms

- Whitney is the best Miltank trainer ever

- I can't wait for Red Gyarados. Gyarados freaking counters Lance with Ice Fang. And doesn't it learn DD at Level 47 or something? Hopefully I can DD on Lance's own Gyarados as it hopefully spams Hyper Beam or Rain Dance like the original. Even if I don't get EQ or Stone Edge, DD/Fall/Fang can probably hurt a majority of the game :). I could probably put in Strength or something on the fourth slot for coverage's sake, doubling him as an HM slave of sorts. Even though I can always breed for a flawless Red Gyara, nothing replaces the presence of a guaranteed wild shinyness.

- I don't recall if there's any good Pokemon early on in the game, at least until Red Gyara (not counting Suicune of course). iirc you can get Scizor (my favorite GSC Pokemon alongside with TTar) through Bug catching contest + metal coat trade. Bullet Punch ftw? Oh and of course, because it's a Steel type. But of course without trade I'm out.

- Perhaps Crobat can work, but Crobat's movepool kinda sucks. Well at least he learns Fly. And Cross Poison and Confuse Ray...?

- You get an Eevee iirc from GOldenrod, but what to evolve to? Jolteon just got "nerfed" with Bite going physical. Perhaps I can sacrifice by Shadow Ball TM...

- I want ESpeed Dragonite

- Is it a necessity to unleash the 3 legendary beasts during the main storyline? I forgot

- On the topic of beasts, I'm going for Suicune since he's the coolest.

- Perhaps I'm thinking too much, only to be disappointed when it doesn't happen...

Ah well, there will be good times. Fighting TR in their own battle theme, Lance, Red, fighting your clone or whatever, 16 gyms, blah blah blah.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
- I don't recall if there's any good Pokemon early on in the game, at least until Red Gyara (not counting Suicune of course). iirc you can get Scizor (my favorite GSC Pokemon alongside with TTar) through Bug catching contest + metal coat trade. Bullet Punch ftw? Oh and of course, because it's a Steel type. But of course without trade I'm out.
Maybe they'll have GTS in Johto, so you can trade with "yourself" and evolve it.

- Is it a necessity to unleash the 3 legendary beasts during the main storyline? I forgot
Fortunately, no.

- On the topic of beasts, I'm going for Suicune since he's the coolest.
Hmm. I wonder if they'll try to mix the probable GS remakes with Crystal, where you had to fight Suicune because he "couldn't run" because of you being on his way. Could it be that they'll do the same on this remake, but you can, huh, choose which dog to immediately fight, thus being able to use Synchronize (aka Method J, while the others would be generated by the same time, but by Method 1 instead).

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not entirely related, but if you want to know why Nintendo might want to release another Pokemon game on DS... Pokemon Diamond + Pearl + Platinum has shipped 20,560,000 copies worldwide as of the end of March 2009. Platinum alone makes up 3,750,000 of that. So if a re-release of the same damn game with a few things can sell, 3.75mil... a remake can make a crapton more =p

Honestly, I see no way this would be on Wii or DSi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)