HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that you can catch some legends from other regions in the game? Im not sure if it is but it would be pretty cool.

For those of you that haven't taken a closer look at the picture with Elm & Silver...

You can make out two important thing on the partially obscured map behind them: one, Cianwood's island has been expanded (it's huge now), with streams, forrests & bridges; two, there's a new town/area reaching out into the water just west of the National Park with what looks like an arena-like stadium of sorts.

This means they're adding in new locations to the old map to keep it fresh! :]

*hopes for Battle Frontier*

And I hope for a good one, Platinum's disappoints me, I won't lie. Everything is very similar to BT apart from Battle Factory and Battle Hall. Battle Arcade, just a roulette added. Battle Castle, just some 'points' added.

Emerald's was cooler, I still play Emerald BF on a ROM.

Kyogre in HG? YES! I knew HG was going to get something special special cause Kyogre seems to be preferred over Groudon...

I do wonder why Groudon appears in Lugia's game and Kyogre in Ho-oh's...not that I'm complaining.

Yay, they didn't mess up the rival!

For those of you that haven't taken a closer look at the picture with Elm & Silver...

You can make out two important thing on the partially obscured map behind them: one, Cianwood's island has been expanded (it's huge now), with streams, forrests & bridges; two, there's a new town/area reaching out into the water just west of the National Park with what looks like an arena-like stadium of sorts.

This means they're adding in new locations to the old map to keep it fresh! :]
I did see the map and was going to mention it, but I couldn't figure out what the hell it was showing. Good eye catching the National Park Poke ball grass in the corner. And if that's really Cianwood.. good lord. Looks like they're fleshing out Johto ALOT, which was very much needed. This looks promising, hopefully we'll get the other half of that page soon.

Edit: Are you sure that's Cianwood? It might be Olivine, it's pretty close to the National Park area.

Wow im hoping for a vs recorerd like platinum more locations more secrets allowed to be unlocked with wifi. I also found it to be interesting when you went into a cave and nothing would be there. Weird.

Now we just need a Jirachi event and I'm set.
serebii.net said:
A few hours ago, another CoroCoro picture showed up on the Japanese forums. This one involves Jirachi. A special distribution of Jirachi is to begin on June 19th. It is at Level 5 and is said to have special attacks. It also unlocks a new area in Heart Gold & Soul Silver when traded over. The method of distribution is as of yet unknown but as soon as we are sure, we'll let you know
More special areas - hooray?

EDIT - Once again, Europeans get screwed in video games - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=398723

No more slots ;_;

I wanna reset for Mew and Celebi and Jirachi! Stuff Shaymin, it's DPP. Hopefully the GS Ball is a Wi-Fi event or something...not transferring some Pokemon you get from pre ordering movie tickets...

These remakes are going to be epic, there's no doubt about that. Albeit the sheer awesomeness of Gold and Silver finally being remade there is one thing bothering me; it's the simple fact that the Team Rocket Grunt's R isn't red, it looks more like a shade of Goldenrod. Hopefully this is just a scan issue or something, but Team Rocket just isn't Team Rocket without the red R.

These remakes are going to be epic, there's no doubt about that. Albeit the sheer awesomeness of Gold and Silver finally being remade there is one thing bothering me; it's the simple fact that the Team Rocket Grunt's R isn't red, it looks more like a shade of Goldenrod. Hopefully this is just a scan issue or something, but Team Rocket just isn't Team Rocket without the red R.
Probably its just the Art. [read: Hopefully]

Hasn't anyone thought about how the source for this lvl1 dragon trio stuff is supposedly 2ch?

Seriously, from what I remember, 2ch also told everyone that Megaman was in Brawl. Whatever they're saying, chances are they're doing it for the lulz.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is purely speculation but that "special attack" that Jirachi is using in the screenshot looks oddly similar to Draco Meteor... It also fits with Jirachi's "space" theme and the supposed name of the new area it unlocks: "Edge of the Night Sky".

Jirachi using "special attack".
Draco Meteor

The attack is being used against the Pokemon closest to us by the Jirachi on the far side.

How about Pkmn stadium 3? I enjoyed the games, they were alot more strategic than I thought they were when I was like, what..8?

Idc about a G/S remake, give me Stadium 3 ;_;

This is purely speculation but that "special attack" that Jirachi is using in the screenshot looks oddly similar to Draco Meteor... It also fits with Jirachi's "space" theme and the supposed name of the new area it unlocks: "Edge of the Night Sky".

Jirachi using "special attack".
Draco Meteor

The attack is being used against the Pokemon closest to us by the Jirachi on the far side.
It's hard to tell because the scan's blurry, but it would make sense for Jirachi.
What would Jirachi do with Draco Meteor?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Oh god, please tell me this Jirachi will be distributed using the Nintendo WFC... It won't be cool if only the japanese get it 100% legit =(

Fuck, but what about a nicknameable Jirachi? We still won't have it, aaaaaaaa

By the way,

And wait, the new area Jirachi unlocks is called "Edge of the Night Sky"? Why do I have the feeling we'll also get Deoxys (Or ANOTHER Jirachi)?

Jirachi with Draco Meteor? This is so awesome! It may make CM sets more popular like before it got Iron Head.

Just a random point, but it looks like they're heading toward "Every legend in one game."

Great boxart. SS is absolutely fantastic. HG still looks great but Ho-Oh looks like Dyna Blade which is sort of odd.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The Jirachi is distributed from a japanese McDonald's event. So probably no nicknaming.
Looks like it's going to be distributed over Wi-Fi too, so even if it's not nicknameable as I wanted, at least I can get one legitly =)

Also, bigger pics of the boxarts:

You can see the Whirl Islands and Tin Tower behind the birds.

Some qustions

Can't you catch both ho oh and lugia in both games, you could in GSC?

What events have been confirmed and speculated so far and what are they supposed unlock?

Notch eared pichu Celebi
Jirachi Possibly deoxys

Also do you have to have platinum for these events or can you get notch eared pich from DP? and would the Jirachi event be to HGSS or to Platinum than traded to HGSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)