HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serebii.net has some new pictures wich show a wobbuffet, kecleon and steelix(!) following you. It also says that all 493 pokemon are able to follow you, which is great.
I kinda like how the steelix looks even though it's scaled down in size.

Serebii.net has some new pictures wich show a wobbuffet, kecleon and steelix(!) following you. It also says that all 493 pokemon are able to follow you, which is great.
I kinda like how the steelix looks even though it's scaled down in size.
Cool. I'm reminded of the guy near Amity Square who complained that they wouldn't let his Steelix in. No such problems in Johto.

Damn, I was about to post the exact same thing :(

F*** YEAH STEELIX! :P

By the way, are those the Ruins of Alph? The layout seems odd if so...

EDIT: These games are going to be epic. I love how they've completely revamped the interface, compared to the lazy efforts in FR/LG/E...

EDIT2: Yep, that's the Ruins of Alph. They've been expanded in HG/SS:

The new 3D look will make this one of the best games to come. With diamond and pearl it looked cool but sinoh was new to us. Because there re-vamping gold and silver it will look 10x better than D/P/P.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I bet Jimbo will spaz out with Wailord following behind him.
:)

I can not wait until I get Groudon to follow me. I wonder how they'll do shininess though. They had a separate overworld sprite for Shiny Pichu so I think this is possible (Golden Groudon yeah!)

But man this is epic.

And Serebii ALSO confirmed the Lv.1 Dragons thing I think (if you look into the forums).

With the new 3D look this game will look like Phantom Hourglass.

EDIT: Wailord following us seems hilarious. I'm always curious about how water pokemons could battle on the land or vice versa.

I dont know if anyones mentioned this but serebii.net says that Jirachi is obtainable on some kind of WiFi but its unknown if its the WiFi we all use.

Edit: Magikarp following-sweet!

Apparently all pokes can follow you! It says so on serebii and there are pictures of even a steelix following gold! YAY I get to have my glaceon follow me! Talking of glaceon, i was thinking wouldn't it be great if we had a tail glow move tutor and an aura sphere tutor in hg/ss? And glaceon could learn both!? Maybe he could be at least bl after that. :D

Oh btw as a reply to the poster above that jirachi will aparently know draco meteor! Won't be any good competatively though will it? >_<

Apparently all pokes can follow you! It says so on serebii and there are pictures of even a steelix following gold! YAY I get to have my glaceon follow me! Talking of glaceon, i was thinking wouldn't it be great if we had a tail glow move tutor and an aura sphere tutor in hg/ss? And glaceon could learn both!? Maybe he could be at least bl after that. :D

Oh btw as a reply to the poster above that jirachi will aparently know draco meteor! Won't be any good competatively though will it? >_<
Actually Draco Meteor might bring back Calm Mind sets because the flinch hax set is almost entirely physical and Draco Meteor is a great special move that only one nondragon can learn(Arceus). So yes it probably will be useful competetively.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually Draco Meteor might not be so bad, but I thought nintendo didn't like to break their "rules", giving it to a non dragon, and a steel at that.

With jirachi's STAB's and DM, the only pokemon to resist all those would be steel types.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Draco meteor is quite useless on Jirachi: without stab it only hits for 5 more base damage than a stab psychic, and has the negative added effect of forcing it out after the hit.

Meteor mash would have been a lot more useful as a themed special move, coming with a 40% chance of raising its attack one stage.

*Examining the map*

Anyone else think it's weird that the magnet train rails just kind of stop. Do they go underground? I know there's a crease in the page, but still.

Other than the lighthouse, Olivine is hidden along with the route to the west, so still no confirmation on Battle Tower being there.

As mentioned earlier, Cianwood is huge.

I wonder if Lake Rage will be in the shape of Arceus's head again. lol

The route below Blackthorn now has a river running through it. That could be interesting.

Is it just me, or does that route leading to Mt. Silver just look out of place?

Is that big blue thing near the corner the Pokemon League or a body of water?

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am trading a Shaymin over as soon as possible just so it can follow me :)

Too bad I can't have a Shaymin and an Altaria out at the same time

Do you think that whoever is first in your party will follow you, or it will be something you set, kinda like registering an item to the Y button but instead selecting who follows you?

Do you think that whoever is first in your party will follow you, or it will be something you set, kinda like registering an item to the Y button but instead selecting who follows you?
It will probably be whoever is first in your party. I'm just hoping it can be turned off.

With the new 3D look this game will look like Phantom Hourglass.

EDIT: Wailord following us seems hilarious. I'm always curious about how water pokemons could battle on the land or vice versa.
New 3D look? It looks the same as DPPt.

Oh man freakin sweet. I totally did not expect them to let every Pokemon follow you. And the new touch screen navigation looks amazing.

In that one picture of Gold and Pichu walking on some route it looks like they have a new shorter, swampy grass. There are puddles all around it. Slowpoke well has stalagmites. Ruins of Alph actually looks like an ancient city... but I just can't get over how great the Pokedex and status screens look with the touch options.

It will probably be whoever is first in your party. I'm just hoping it can be turned off.
I'm betting on there being a "Follow" option when you select a Pokemon, along with Summary and Switch etc.

Edit: Can someone please link to the new Johto map? I can't seem to find it.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I wonder if Lake Rage will be in the shape of Arceus's head again. lol
What?

By the way, write this down: Fish-like pokémon will follow you only on water, and when you use an overworld move (Dig, Surf, Teleport, etc), the pokémon's overworld sprite will appear and do some generic animation. Which means Surfing a Charizard will be possible.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, predictions for these Events?

Arceus - This gives you a choice of the three dragons (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina) I imagine. They'll be created or 're-born' by Arceus, hence the level 1 setting.

Pichu - Who knows, possibly something to do with Celebi? I'm expecting this to be a useless event though really.

Jirachi - I'm going to guess that using Draco Meteor in a special area of the game will let a meteor strike the Pokémon world (somewhere, maybe Mt. Moon). This will be Deoxys, and you get to capture it.

That leaves Celebi needing an event (maybe), which I expect to be a Wi-Fi one. Then we have every legendary available on 4th gen games (including Ranch, Shaymin event which was worldwide, and the Ranger games) except Mewtwo, Latias, and Latios (and Arceus). Surely those three will be in HeartGold / SoulSilver? Mewtwo back in the cave, and one Lati roaming per game (opposing colour to Kyogre / Groudon I'd guess at, like in R/S). (Arceus, worldwide event hopefully).

By the way, write this down: Fish-like pokémon will follow you only on water, and when you use an overworld move (Dig, Surf, Teleport, etc), the pokémon's overworld sprite will appear and do some generic animation. Which means Surfing a Charizard will be possible.
Is this true or just speculation? I hope it's not, I really want to have a Chinchou following me everywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)