HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
they only did all this crap due to space requirements on the gbc cart. It will be 1000X better in hgss i predict.
Oh, there was plenty of space for Kanto (and more).

GameFreak just got lazy.

Oh and yeah the Seafoam Islands. Articuno's big cave was turned into a tiny gym/room. Wtf?

I don't know if Cinnabar was build on a volcano, but I don't think it was. Pacifidlog was built on a Corsola colony (lololol, what if they started swimming?) but I think every other Town/City/Island is plain land.

Blackhawk11

one on one
I've played through Crystal twice in the past 6 months, simply because it was (and still is) my favorite Pokemon game. I wouldn't mind if Kanto is crap just like in GSC, but I would prefer that it takes a little bit longer to get through, i.e. more trainers and a bit more of a plot. Even if there was nothing there, I think I would still enjoy it. But hopefully Nintendo/GF has a pleasant surprise in store for us after we beat the first eight gyms and the e4.

And as for Cinnabar, it wasn't built on a volcano, but it was built on a tiny little island formed by a volcano, which I guess turned out to be active lol.

I'm hoping all the DPPt Pokemon you trade over don't have "Sinnoh" as their location met. Obviously Pokemon from HGSS to DPPt will have "Johto" or "Kanto", but I don't see any reason for the Sinnoh locations to not appear. FRLG locations appeared on RSE after all.

And this is totally speculation, but you know if Steven has any kind of cameo in this game, a Champion from every region will be in HGSS? Blue and Red, Lance, and Cynthia are already given. Maybe Steven will have something to do with Groudon and Wallace for Kyogre lol. After all, Steven did say he was taking off from Hoenn, and he's been through Sinnoh at some point recently.

I believe steven will give you a free beldum since they are a total pain up the ass to catch. I mean cpture rate of three?? Its powerful but not legendary powerful.

And this is totally speculation, but you know if Steven has any kind of cameo in this game, a Champion from every region will be in HGSS? Blue and Red, Lance, and Cynthia are already given. Maybe Steven will have something to do with Groudon and Wallace for Kyogre lol. After all, Steven did say he was taking off from Hoenn, and he's been through Sinnoh at some point recently.
That would be cool. They should have additional islands which have some Hoenn Pokemon (like how Sevii Islands had some Johto Pokemon). Like a mini-Hoenn made recently by Groudon and/or Kyogre, where you catch one of them at the end of the adventure there.

I like Hoenn. :-)

How do you think that Game Freak will decide to handle Mew? Let's not forget that with the DSi, people can't transfer Mew from their 3rd generation games to their HeartGold/SoulSilver cartridges! :O

How do you think that Game Freak will decide to handle Mew? Let's not forget that with the DSi, people can't transfer Mew from their 3rd generation games to their HeartGold/SoulSilver cartridges! :O
True, but the Lite hasn't exactly been abandoned yet, so it's possible that a Pal Park or something might make it into HG/SS nonetheless, and if so, that wouldn't be a problem. Assuming they don't though, it's primarily an event Pokemon, so presumably they'll just have some sort of event for it somewhere down the line. ...Or they might just leave the Pokemon Ranch Mew as the only one obtainable for a while, beyond using D/P/Pt as middle-men to transfer Mews on 3rd-gen carts to HG/SS. In any case though, Mew won't be a problem regardless.

I changed my mind, Silver looks okay-coolish. His sprite is pretty good, actually. Although, not enough of a thief, but still a "mean" (?) person (like Gary).

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ranchers around the world sighed as you forgot about them in your rush to only think of decent pokemon games

ranchers around the world sighed as you forgot about them in your rush to only think of decent pokemon games
It pretty much forces you to pay $10 just to get an event Pokémon, and if I recall, none of the other events have required you to pay for an additional game just to get said event (excluding gas money for obvious reasons).

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't be surprised if Faraway Island made a comeback, this time being accessible from Johto. You couldn't get to it from Kanto/Sevii in FRLG and while it was accessible from Hoenn in Emerald, it didn't appear on the map, so it's probable the island is somewhere between or relatively close to both Hoenn and Johto.

It pretty much forces you to pay $10 just to get an event Pokémon, and if I recall, none of the other events have required you to pay for an additional game just to get said event (excluding gas money for obvious reasons).
True, but it's still an option. And beyond that, it is still possible for Heart Gold and Soul Silver to have some sort of Pal Park, and if so, there wouldn't be any problem getting the 3rd gen Mews onto them. And even if they don't have one, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum carts can be used to bridge the gap, as it's already been confirmed that HG/SS and D/P/Pt can interact and trade with each other.

So do you think you can breed volt tackle pichu in HGSS
You can do that in any game since Emerald.

I personally don't care about event Pokemon, I don't use them on any of my teams (although I do want the Secret Key, damn you stupid brain of mine who can't think of a team (so I didn't buy Platinum) and lack of Wi-Fi :-( )

They might have a Mew event after release (or maybe the Mew glitch is back, lol).

The Colleseum Bonus disc Jirachi/Celebi did!

So, I'm a bit confused. Was the map of Kanto proved to be fake or not? It seems to have a few odd things in it (there's something at the end of route 25, Mt.silver looks far into the Kanto borders).

The Colleseum Bonus disc Jirachi/Celebi did!

So, I'm a bit confused. Was the map of Kanto proved to be fake or not? It seems to have a few odd things in it (there's something at the end of route 25, Mt.silver looks far into the Kanto borders).
As for the first part, you paid for the reservation of Pokemon Colosseum. Those 5 bucks went towards the game, not towards the bonus disc (which was free).

As for the second part, I don't think it has been proved to be fake. There is no current evidence to support this from my point of view, but others may disagree.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
As for the second part, I don't think it has been proved to be fake. There is no current evidence to support this from my point of view, but others may disagree.
P-K-M from Serebiiforums made that map on last Thursday-Friday and posted on the HGSS subforum. He also made a battle screen with Cynthia and another with Bugsy. I don't have the links to the posts now, but I'm a witness, this should be worth something lol.

Yeah, the Kanto map is fake; someone on the Serebii forums made it.

P-K-M from Serebiiforums made that map on last Thursday-Friday and posted on the HGSS subforum. He also made a battle screen with Cynthia and another with Bugsy. I don't have the links to the posts now, but I'm a witness, this should be worth something lol.
It was kind of obvious that the screens were fake. The map didn't follow the original map at all.

But at least now I know where it came from.

This isn't the first time something fake originated from Serebii. Someone by the name of "purplekecleon" from Serebii photoshopped a image of Skymin and tried to pass it off as a real scan from CoroCoro less than a week before the real Skymin was officially revealed. It had a long neck, legs and tail. I know everyone's antsy about the games but just stick to what's already confirmed by Nintendo/GameFreak/CoroCoro/Pokemon Sunday. Don't let fake info get your hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)