HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can they tone the weakest elite four anyway?

Making the strongest level 50 dragonite to level 47 makes no sense.
It's actually pretty pathetic.

Aside from that, I hope Lance, or whoever the chanpion is, to have a variety of pokemon. Not 3 dragonites.

Just a speculation, but I believe that Lance will retire and Claire will become the champion.

I am hoping that they level up the elite four and the gym leaders. The game itself wasn't that hard.

They need to remake the Johto dex. It is kind of confusing and the least they can do is add some new pokemon.

I wonder if they are going to make the GS Ball available somehow (over wifi i hope).

EDIT: If the NE-Pichu is used to get Celebi, I will be pissed.

Steelix so freaking awesome.
Oh and that was a great video. Lovely wild encounter music. Might just make me want to keep the sound on.

Woah, the wild Pokemon music is legitimately remixed o_o
It's really noticeable in this video around 1:02-1:05 and 1:18. It's probably the same video posted earlier but it doesn't have gian's idiotic intro in it.

And of course the Steelix sprite is incredible.

Edit: FFS my co-worker just went to Tokyo for the week ._. If I knew him better and had I put two and two together earlier I would have asked him to play the demo and take a not-blurry video of it and become the hero of this thread :P

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if it was in the video Riverside posted BUT you can see also that Teddiursa's number went up by 5, and Snubull's, by 2. And guess what, Yanma and Teddiursa are before Snubull, and the two of them plus Piloswine, Lickitung and Tangela are before Teddiursa.

Everything is going just as planned. Whitney with Ambipom and Pryce with Mamoswine, anyone?

Whitney with ambipom and milktank?

NO KTHX

I'm playing my pkmn silver but only with the 3 starters (glitch), no item and HM slaves. The game it's somewhat challenging in that way

I won against whitney only because I cri'd an ember with Quilava.

Morty it's another pain in da ass, specially gengar who Mean look, hypnosis and dream eater. also have shadow ball for psychics.

Now that Shadow ball it's special it will be hard unless u r a (BAN ME PLEASE) who overlevel.

Right now I'm going for Chuck. I can imagine him with Dynamicpunch Machoke in HG SS >_<

I'm linking to gian because im subscribed. After all what matter it's the new, not the uploader.

But thanks for HQ link.

I'm linking to gian because im subscribed. After all what matter it's the new, not the uploader.
It matters because he's uploaded videos containing false information, and therefore lost credibility. This one turned out to be real, the next one might not be. I don't think I'm the only one who'd rather not see another video from this guy =/

The more videos I see of this game the more I get excited about its OST. We've already gotten noticeable sneak peaks at things like the wild pokemon battle theme (awesome) and Newbark town (I wanted to cry when I heard it), but there are so many awesome remixes yet to be heard. My most anticipated tracks so far are things like the surfing music, the gym leader battle theme, Blackthorn city, the lake of rage route music, the cave theme, and of coarse, Champion Lance.

As soon as someone's ripped the sound track, please start posting it here or at other notable sites!

Hopping on the "Steelix sprite is awesome" bandwagon. Also, Teddiursa is adorable.

On a different note:

Everything is going just as planned. Whitney with Ambipom and Pryce with Mamoswine, anyone?
Ambipom: PLEASE NO. Miltank's already scary, we don't need it to not be the big guns.

Mamoswine on the other hand would be fine. Pryce was always a pushover, probably because you needed to thrash Team Rocket before you could get into the gym, so you got to grind there. Also, I think a few of the Rockets had stuff higher leveled than Pryce's stuff.

I'm anticipating Game Freak to release some video demonstrations of the basic gameplay mechanics/differences for HG/SS, like they did with Platinum. If they do, hopefully they can explain how double battle on wifi/local wireless works as iirc, there was a video of a true double battle (player co-op) somewhere in the thread between 4 players on a demo of HG/SS.

Given the evidence that the move-based evolutions will be in the Johto dex, plus other stuffs I made up in my mind, I will try and predict the gym leader lineups.

Falkner:
Pidgey lv. 8
Pidgeotto lv. 10
(I doubt they'd bump up the levels TOO much. Remember, in this game, beating the Elite 4 is only half the game, hence the underleveling. Also, prize will be either Pluck or Aerial Ace)

Bugsy:
Metapod lv. 14
Kakuna lv. 14
Scyther lv. 15
(I just want them to keep this as is. A Gym Leader using Metapod and Kakuna is pure lulz, plus balances out the fact that he uses a frickin' Scyther. Prize will probably be U-Turn)

Whitney:
Aipom lv. 19
Clefairy lv. 19
Miltank lv. 20
(Anyone who battled Whitney in G/S/C knows what I mean when I say that Ambipom AND Miltank on her team would be beyond overkill. Hence, the Aipom. For similar reasons, the Miltank stays at level 20. It was hard enough to take out that thing, they do NOT need to bump up her level! Prize will likely remain Attract. Miltank, unfortunately, will probably retain Rollout)

Morty:
Gastly lv. 23
Haunter lv. 24
Misdreavus lv. 24
Gengar lv. 25
(They introduced the only Generation II ghost, and gave the Generation II ghost gym leader everything BUT. AND a second Haunter, to boot! No. If they have any sense (and based on that remixed music, they do!), they'll axe Haunter #2 and bring in Misdreavus. I'll bet anything they'll keep Shadow Ball as the prize)

Jasmine:
Magnemite lv. 32
Magneton lv. 33
Steelix lv. 35
(I just couldn't find a spot to insert Scizor or Foretress anywhere. Best I could do is evolve Magnemite #2. Prize will either remain Iron Tail, or change to Gyro Ball or Flash Cannon)

Chuck:
Primeape lv. 34
Hitmontop lv. 34
Poliwrath lv. 36
(No Machoke, despite lack of DynamicPunch TM. Gamefreak will probably spam innaccurate and powerful moves with No Guard if they gave the dude a Machoke. Plus, almost nobody used Hitmontop in Johto, and this is a good opportunity. Prize might be either Focus Punch or Brick Break)

Pryce:
Dewgong lv. 35
Sneasel lv. 36
Piloswine/Mamoswine lv. 37
(Seel AND Dewgong made little sense, especially given the new ice-types Johto introduced. Plus, Sneasel is just cool. And as for Piloswine, I just can't imagine it evolving, but I have this feeling they'll do it anyway. Prize will probably be Blizzard or Avalanche)

Claire:
Dratini lv. 36
Seadra lv. 37
Dragonair lv. 37
Kingdra lv. 40
(That's as much variety as I can try to inject in Claire's team, unfortunately. Hey, anything's better than the Dragonair trio, eh? Prize will probably be Dragon Pulse, but they'll lose the joke about Claire's breath. That made me laugh every time)

Will:
Xatu lv. 41
Slowking lv. 42
Jynx lv. 42
Exeggutor lv. 42
Xatu lv. 43
(Upped the levels slightly, and gave him a Slowking. It just made more sense to me)

Bruno:
Steelix lv. 42
Hitmonlee lv. 43
Hitmonchan lv. 43
Hitmontop lv. 43
Machamp lv. 44
(I don't believe his Onix was evolved in G/S/C, and well, this is Johto, even if the Elite 4 is technically in Kanto)

Koga:
Ariados lv. 44
Crobat lv. 45
Arbok lv. 45
Qwilfish lv. 45
Weezing lv. 46
(He's supposed to be a poison trainer, and he had a Foretress?! I could give him lessons on Poison-types. ANd two bug/poisons? No. Replaced Foretress, Venomoth and Muk with Arbok, Qwilfish, and Weezing. Better. Much)

Karen:
Murkrow lv. 46
Sneasel lv. 47
Umbreon lv. 47
Houndoom lv. 47
Tyranitar lv. 48
(Underleveled, shmunderleveled. T-tar is a surefire way to add a challenge to this Elite 4, while retaining the slight underleveling. Also keeps to the Dark-type theme)

Lance:
Gyarados lv. 48
Kingdra lv. 49
Charizard lv. 50
Dragonair lv. 50
Aerodactyl lv. 51
Dragonite lv. 53
(Again, the underleveling is due to the fact that in this game, the Elite 4 is merely the midpoint of the game. I try to stay true to that, and add a tad of variety to Lance's team. Unfortunately, Johto's severe lack of Dragon-types hinders this considerably. Still, I think I did OK)

Lt. Surge:
Lanturn lv. 55
Raichu lv. 56
Rotom lv. 56
Magnezone lv. 56
Electivire lv. 57
(I'm assuming that Kanto=National Dex here, obviously. Prize=Thunder)

Sabrina:
Wobbuffet lv. 57
Slowbro lv. 58
Bronzong lv. 58
Xatu lv. 58
Alakazam lv. 59
(Yeah, yeah, Wobbuffet is cheap, blah blah blah. Do you want the second half of the game to be too easy or something?)

Misty:
Togekiss lv. 58
Qwilfish lv. 59
Bibarel lv. 59
Lapras lv. 59
Starmie lv. 60
(Yes, I have a thing about Qwilfish, so sue me)

Janine:
Crobat lv. 55
Qwilfish lv. 56
Arbok lv. 56
Muk lv. 56
Weezing lv. 57
(Again, the thing with Qwilfish. Plus, Arbok and Weezing are awesome, and do not deny it!)

Brock:
Kabutops lv. 58
Omastar lv. 58
Golem lv. 59
Sudowoodo lv. 59
Rhyperior lv. 60
(Rhyperior is almost a given, really)

Blaine:
Magcargo lv. 59
Ninetales lv. 59
Infernape lv. 60
Camerupt lv. 60
Magmortar lv. 61

Blue/Green (whatever they decide to do)
Pidgeot lv. 60
Rhyperior lv. 60
Alakazam lv. 60
Gyarados lv. 61 (Blastoise if your starter was Cyndaquil)
Exeggutor lv. 61 (Venusaur if your starter was Totodile)
Arcanine lv. 61 (Charizard if your starter was Chikorita)
(Other than Rhyperior, what's to change? I thought the whole starter thing was a nice touch)

Red:
Pikachu lv. 91 (holding Light Ball, take THAT!)
Espeon lv. 88
Snorlax lv. 89
Venusaur lv. 90
Charizard lv. 90
Blastoise lv. 90
(Now THAT'S a final battle!)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Fantastic, the highest-leveled Gym pokémon is a lv61 Arcanine and right after that, the only trainer left is a guy with lv88 Espeon as its weakest pokémon? Oh please.

And Bugsy's gym clearly has some kind of mechanical Spinaraks, it would be a dick move by GameFreak if he still didn't have one in his team.

And no, Metapod and Kakuna on a Gym Leader's team isn't "pure lulz". It's "pure retarded". Specially when the trainers in the Gym had Beedrill.

I want Karen using Gardevoir and Loppuny :3 Ok no.

Anyways I want the first battle against red to be lvls 75~85, then rematchs at levels 80~90, 90~100 and finally all 100.

Misty should not have a Bibarel. She should have a gyarados or a corsola.

Game Freak should release something about the levels of the gym leaders to avoid any worries people have.

Hmm...I'm so tempted to get this game in Japanese when it comes out, though I'm afraid I may not know what I'm doing during the play through and making a competitive team seems impossible when I can't understand anything. )=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)