XY RU Highruse: An RU RMT [Peaked at #12]

Highrise (aka Highruse, suggested by Galbia)
------------------
Introduction
Alright, so this is a team i wanted to build around a core Molk was telling me about about a week ago, which i found particularly interesting; standard Zoroark, and Regenerator Offensive Trick Room Reuniclus, which is a pretty hilarious troll core that works well, surprisingly. I also wanted to try Accelgor and Life Orb Clawitzer, as I had been whoring Omastar for the past two weeks and wanted to see why people preferred Accelgor, and hyper offense, contrary to what a lot of people say, is a playstyle where you can try out a lot of different things and make them work, so I generally had a lot of fun with this team. I'm not retiring it by any means, as I want to try and peak at the top 5 (or higher) before moving on to different stuff, which shouldn't be /too/ hard to accomplish

Teemu

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Spikes / Bug Buzz / Encore / Final Gambit

The premier Spikes user of the tier :]] Basically, since most people use Omastar (including myself), I wanted to use Accelgor due to the fact that it can arguably get up hazards better than Omastar, thanks to its Speed (highest in the tier, i think it actually outspeeds +1 yan LOL), and access to amazing moves like Encore, fucking over opposing setup from things like Druddigon, and Final Gambit, which can prevent hazard cleaning and net me a safe switch into an appropriate check. I've only really used Final Gambit for its power when facing Rhyperior, since Rock Blast is an ass. .-. Bug Buzz, despite being STAB, is really weak without investment, even with 100 Base SpA. I guess full SpA investment could be used instead of HP, but I haven't really tried it so no comment on that, although it seems like it's worth a shot.

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
Knock Off / Sucker Punch / Swords Dance / Low Kick

Part One of the Troll Core; Zoroark pretty much aims to set up on a lot of things while disguised as something that can potentially force it out, if there are no hazards on the field (Zoroark disguised as Doublade vs Aromatisse, for example). It's a really nice late-game cleaner, due to its natural high Speed coupled with its great offensive stats, not to mention that it can force out a lot of mons, regardless of whether it's disguised or not. Knock Off is the main STAB move of choice, as Dark is a really spammable move being able to cripple a lot of mons dependent on their item. Sucker Punch is to pick off weakened opponents, and to fuck with priority not named Ajet Sharpedo; a +2 Sucker Punch kills Hitmonlee, lol. Low Kick is solely for Cobalion looking to switch in, as well as opposing Dark-types such as Drapion and other Zoroark. Hidden Power Ice can be used over Swords Dance if you want to lure in Gligar, which is nice in case you lose Clawitzer too early.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
Trick Room / Psychic / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast

Part Two of the Troll Core, and the Star of this team; This Reuniclus set is hilarious and has definitely won me games before, all simply because of Regenerator. Basically, if it gets a safe switch-in to anything Zoroark would normally threaten out, say, Meloetta, they'll go directly into their Zoro answer; Aromatisse, Alomomola, Amoonguss, Gligar, a healthy Doublade, whatever. Because all Reuniclus are supposed to run Magic Guard, right? This lets Reuniclus pull some mind games, and, more importantly, get a free Trick Room up, and it basically proceeds to rape anything and everything, especially if all three layers of Spikes are up. As for the other moves, they're fairly self explanatory. Psychic smacks Mola, Amoon, Gligar, and Phys Def Aroma, Shadow Ball solidly OHKOs Doublade, a common switch-in to Reuniclus, thinking it's the CM set, and lets it slap Delphox and get some damage off on Slowking, and Focus Blast is to hit those annoying Dark-types, like Drapion, Skunktank (i think that's how you spell it? not sure), and Zoroark. Regenerator is generally preferred over Overcoat because you can regain LO recoil and potentially make the opponent think you're Zoro again, unless Toxic Spikes are up.

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
Stealth Rock / Dragon Claw / Earthquake / Sucker Punch

The Rock setter on the team, and kinda necessary on any Accelgor team; it has reliable bulk and a good defensive typing, making it set up Rocks on a lot of things fairly easily, a good ability to pressure common physical attackers like Doublade, and is no slouch offensively either. Dragon Claw hits a lot of things for a good chunk of damage, and is generally used over Outrage because, well, i don't wanna get buttfucked by Aroma (or even worse, get set up on by Slurpuff). Earthquake hits Registeel and Cobalion mainly, and also can hit Doublade for decent damage without me having to worry about it setting up SD. It also smacks Jolteon too, which is nice. Sucker Punch is really useful, as it picks off Delphox after rocks (thankfully, no one sets up CM or Sub on it lol), as well as other stuff that's generally physically frail, such as a weakened Sharpedo (granted, it needs to be really low lol).

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Scald / Dark Pulse / Aura Sphere / Ice Beam

This beautiful motherfucker takes "underrated" and "nuke" and puts them together. It's my main answer to Gligar, and pretty much fucks stall as a whole along with Reuni. After three layers of Spikes, it pretty much manages to 2hko fucking everything on stall, and when coupled with Scald's burn chance as well as Dark Pulse's flinch chance, Clawitzer manages to put a massive dent in a majority of teams, if not just outright run through them. Aura Sphere is specifically for Registeel, which is another reason why Clawitzer is so good; it pressures the Slowking + Registeel core that a lot of teams rely on, and has the natural bulk to take a hit or two, despite being worn down somewhat fast. Ice Beam is for Gligar, as well as Tangrowth, easily ohko'ing the former and having a chance to ohko the latter if it's not running GayV and no hazards are up (so basically, it dies). The EV spread might seem odd to some, but forgoing Clawitzer's bulk is necessary if you don't wanna lose your hazards to Gligar before killing it. Druddigon + Clawitzer also form a nice core, with Druddigon freely switching in on mons like Jolteon and Virizion, while Clawitzer can switch into Ice-type moves and lure in Gligar.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
Shadow Claw / Swords Dance / Iron Head / Shadow Sneak

Another mon commonly seen on hyper offense, and not really hard to see why lol. Doublade has stupid high defense when Eviolite is on, and has a good amount of opportunities to set up thanks to its amazing typing (seriously this guy is a god vs non shadow ball Yanmega LOL) and access to good priority in Shadow Sneak, letting it pick off threats such as Yanmega and Moltres after rocks damage. Shadow Claw and Iron Head are the primary STABs, not too much to say about them lol. Really, the reason why Doublade is so good in the current meta aside from spinblocking is the fact that it takes on stuff that hyper offense HATES, like Cobalion, Cresselia, and Virizion. The EV spread is basically to creep other Doublade (outspeeds the one on Molk's team, iirc), while outspeeding some Rhyp.

Conclusion

So uh, yeah that's the team. I tried to differentiate from the common Omastar HO that is being spammed on the ladder (I used it too but that's besides the point :^) ), as I think Accelgor has a lot of niches over Oma, despite not having access to Rocks. Basically, play well and the team will do well. :]
Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Encore
- Bug Buzz
- Final Gambit

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere

Will add a threatlist and shoutouts later. :]

Last edited:
All Out Attacker - Generally a really annoying mon for most HO thanks to Hail, however Doublade can usually manage it after it has mega evolved.

Spikes Lead - Usually either just get my own hazards up while it does the same, or smack it with Doublade. Not too bad.

All Out Attacker - lol.

Stealth Rock Lead - Doublade manages, although it really hates Knock Off.

Prankster - Usually have to either wear it down with Drudd or just flat-out kill it with Claw. Something usually dies, or is at the very least crippled in some way.

Substitute + Swords Dance - This seems really, really annoying, but I've never faced it. I guess I'd have to wear it down with Druddigon + Rocky Helmet?
Choice Band - Can be played around with by Doublade.

Substitute + Bulk Up - Doublade usually handles, but has to be healthy, and will probably take about half of its health (maybe a bit more) before it manages to kill this thing.
Choice Band - Doublade.
Choice Scarf - ^
Life Orb - ^

Nasty Plot - uhhh.... Doublade handles if it doesn't get confusion hax, I guess?
Choice Specs - Never really faced one of these.

All Out Attacker - Doublade.
Choice Band - Doublade.

Choice Specs - I can usually wear it down thanks to Spikes, but I probably have to sac something or play smart.
Life Orb - See above.

Swords Dance - Doublade.

Trick Room + Nasty Plot - It usually dies to Zoroark before ever really doing anything, do people even use this set lol

Baton Pass - I can kill it with Clawitzer before it manages to pass, and can overwhelm it with Doublade if it hasnt gotten any BU boosts up. SD seems like a problem, although I've never come across it due to the fact that it's almost always partnered up with Xatu.

Hazards Lead - Doublade.
Shell Smash - lol, Doublade.

Choice Specs - Can be handled by Druddigon or Zoroark.
Choice Scarf - ^
Life Orb - This can be dangerous if it manages to get off a CM, but most people either don't run it or are too stupid to utilize it properly, so see above.

Choice Scarf - um..i guess this can be dangerous if i have any boosts up with Doublade or Zoro, but other than that...lol.

Swords Dance - Zoroark, Drudd and Claw all handle it; reuni kills if TR is up and Doublade can win usually, unless it's severely weakened.

Swords Dance - this set seems annoying on paper, but i guess if i can get drudd in safely then it might be manageable. everyone runs tspikes phazing so ive never seen this.

Physical Attacker - Claw can check usually, although it takes a bit of damage.
Offensive SR - see above
Mixed - this exists? see above lol.

Choice Band - Claw, Drudd, and Doub can all take a hit, and Zoro has Sucker Punch which KOs it.
Focus Sash - when was the last time anyone used this, lol. see above.

Hone Claws - Doublade can usually manage it if it comes in safely; I never really see this thing though so i dont have too much experience against it
Choice Scarf - doub
Choice Band - doub

Mixed Attacker - Druddigon is generally a pain for it and usually gets worn down fast.
Assault Vest - See above, except this doesn't get worn down as fast, lol.

Choice Band - I usually have to either predict well or sac something for Drudd or Claw to come in.
Choice Scarf - See above, except much more manageable.
Life Orb - Ugh, this set is really annoying. Basically have to wear it down with Drudd.

Assault Vest -
Choice Band -

Choice Specs -
Work Up -

Swords Dance -

Swords Dance -
Bulk Up -
Substitute -

Choice Band -

Smash Pass -

Bulk Up -

Choice Scarf -
Choice Specs -
Life Orb -

Endure + Reversal -
Life Orb Attacker -

Choice Specs -
Life Orb -
Substitute + Baton Pass -

Swords Dance -
Offensive Rapid Spinner -

Physical Attacker -

Choice Specs -

Sticky Web Lead -

Quiver Dance -

Belly Drum Sweeper -

Choice Specs -
Choice Scarf -
Eviolite -

Relic Song -
Calm Mind -
Substitute + Calm Mind -
Choice Specs -

Dual Screeens -

Lead -
Bulky Pivot -

Life Orb -

Nasty Plot -
Substitute + Calm Mind -

Choice Specs -
Life Orb -

Lead -

Choice Band -

Bulk Up -

Lead -

Offensive Trick Room -

Rock Polish -
Tank -
Choice Band -

Choice Specs -
Choice Scarf -
Expert Belt -

Swords Dance -
Mixed -

Choice Band -

All Out Attacker -

Bulky Swords Dance -
Choice Band -

Rain Dance Sweeper -
Lead -

Physical Sweeper -
Mixed Sweeper -

Offensive Defog -

Offensive Calm Mind -

Offensive Trick Room -
Nasty Plot -
Assualt Vest -

Belly Drum -

Calm Mind -
All Out Attacker -

Toxic Orb -
Choice Specs

Choice Specs -

All Out Attacker -

Dragon Dance -

Substitute + Calm Mind -
Dual Screens -
Lead -

Swords Dance -
Offensive Calm Mind -

Quiver Dance

Life Orb -
Choice Specs -

Toxic Boost Wall Breaker -

Nasty Plot -
Swords Dance -
Mixed -
Choice Specs -

wip, not finished yet.

Last edited:
Hey Bouffalant this is a cool team you have here, I like the use of Spikes + OTR Reuniclus it's definitely an underrated threat in the tier at the moment. Unfortunately this team really struggles against opposing Zoroark (just like almost all HO) and I cant see a way to fix this without disrupting what the team is trying to accomplish. I do have one suggestion however, Clawitzer could benefit from an EV change to allow it to out pace standard Golbat and prevent it from defogging whilst also giving you a little bit more bulk to potentially take a hit from various threats such as Zoroark.

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Anyway props on the solid team, hope I could help :]

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That's a pretty cool interaction with regenerator and Zoroark. I think it's more clever than troll tbh.

I think you messed up on the nature of your zoroark, it should be Jolly over hasty as you're not running a mixed set.

I would also consider running Rocky helmet and some speed EVs on Druddigon to speed creep opposing druddigon and outpace base 50s like Eelektross/Registeel. In case you're low on HP, outspeeding them and getting a hit off could cause a big shift in momentum. Rocky Helmet is cool as it wears down Zoroark/Sharpedo a bit more and could prevent a weakened mon from rapid spinning your hazards. Although Zoroark will probably knock off the helmet, damage from rough skin, helmet, life orb, and hazards will wear it down significantly.

Thanks for the rates guys, and yeah chimpact that was a mistake lol... imma edit it later tonight when i add in the threatlist. Both the Claw spread and Rocky Helm Drudd have been working really nicely, especially the latter since it makes stuff like Viriz and Doublade easier to kill.

Last edited:
what does this team have for magneton? just curious. it seems to struggle with a lot of electric types, as zoroark isn't the fastest and sucker punch isn't super reliable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)