Hipster Haven

You aren't gonna find a MoxieMence or a Heatran in my team, or anything with a Life Orb. Too mainstream. I use stuff I like. Not what others like. Thats why my team is kind of... Different, we'll say.

Metagross
Golurk
Lucario
Scizor
Magnezone
Dusknoir​

A closer look:​

Adamant Metagross @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Clear Body
Moves:
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Meteor Mash
EVs: 244HP, 244Atk, 16Def, 4Spe​

Metagross is my all time favourite Pokemon. With beastly Attack and Defense, he's a decent wall with good Offensive power. Bullet Punch as Metagross needs a STAB quick finisher. Earthquake for Fire Types, which as you could see, steamroll my team. Ice Punch to stop MoxieMence and Poison Heal Gliscor from setting up, and Meteor Mash because it's Meteor Mash. Metagross can tank'n'spank and is a good switch in to Psychic attacks that could cause Pokemon like Lucario harm. He can also take a non-boosted EQ from some Pokemon, but unfortunately, not all. EQ can also take care of other Metagrosses and similar Steel types.​

Adamant Golurk @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves:
Shadow Punch
Earthquake
Brick Break
Stone Edge
EVs: 200HP, 252Atk, 12Def, 44Spe​

I like the Automaton. I really do. With STAB Shadow Punch and EQ, he is a force. With HP EVs and some Def ones too, he can take a hit from a Dark type and hit back with a Brick Break. The Band only adds to the damage. Brick Break is there because Light Screen and Reflect annoy me so much. Golurk may not be able to wall, but he can be used as a switch in to take a Fighting move for Lucario and hit back with Earthquake or Shadow Punch. Stone Edge is for Flying types and the odd Ice type. It can be used for neutral damage, though, with the high power and crit chance.​

Adamant/Jolly (Changes) Lucario @ Expert Belt
Ability: Inner Focus/Steadfast (Help please)
Moves:
Swords Dance
Ice Punch
ExtremeSpeed
Close Combat
EVs: 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe​

An Expert Belt boosted STAB Close Combat is deadly. A single Swords Dance and ExtremeSpeed is more than a finisher. A +1Atk MoxieMence's Outrage does around 87% damage to Lucario, and his Ice Punch will kill it off, even if it's at full health. Flamethrower kills it, but it has probably already taken down one or two of my opponent's pokemon. Oh, and this guy also OHKOs Tyranitar with Close Combat. As he checks two otherwise huge threats, this guy has a special spot in my team. With a single Swords Dance when Adamant, his attack goes to 700.​

Adamant Scizor @ Air Balloon
Ability: Technician
Moves:
Roost
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Big Bite
EVs:2524HP, 40Atk, 216Spe​

Replaced Excadrill with Scizor so two of my attackers aren't moved by Grass and Water. Swords Dance is a must have and I have an Air Balloon because I can. As with Lucario, Swords Dance makes the attack super high. As Scizor has no Flying type, Roost is free health. He can sweep when set up properly, and a Technician'd STAB Bug Bite is AMAZING. The Bug Bite also takes care of SubSalac Garchomp, which is a problem for my Will-O-Wisping Dusknoir. The problem Scizor faces is being crapped on by Fire types.​

Modest/Timid (Changes) Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Moves:
Lock-On
Flash Cannon
Zap Cannon
Thunderbolt
EVs: 4HP, 252SpA, 252Spe​

Ah, the Lock-On + Zap Cannon combo, capable of severely crippling any non Ground or Electric types. With the monstrous Sp. Attack and all STAB moves, Magnezone isn't to be taken lightly. If I spread the Paralysis far enough, I basically have the game locked up already. As you probably also know, Magnezone has the most resistances of all classes, with 12, and, aside from Steel/Ground types and Ferrothorn, is the only Steel type to resist Electric attacks. The best part, though, as mentioned, is the monstrous Sp. Attack that can take down things like Starmie and Jellicent relatively easily.​

Careful Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Moves:
Shadow Sneak
Earthquake
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
EVs: 252HP, 4Atk, 252SpD​

Last but not least, the stall king of DPPt. I've swept with Dusknoir just because of his insanely high Defenses. Fighting types? Immune! Terrakion? Quake! Weakened opponent? Shadow Sneak! Bilssey/Eviolite Chansey? Will-O-Wisp! Dusknoir's great. Cofagrigus can give him a run for his money, though. Pain Split is wonderful and can turn the tide of an entire battle. Dusknoir can barely do Jack Squat to Togekiss and similar typed things. All he can do is Will-O-Wisp. Will-O-Wisp is, however, a Godsend.​

Changes Made:
Excadrill used to be where Scizor is.​

MOST WANT: Help on deciding natures/abilities of the ones I'm unsure of.​

Opinions?​

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You post images with
. Also, why use brick break over hammer arm on golurk? It's already incredibly slow anyways.

Moved this team to the Dream World category. Please slightly increase your descriptions otherwise it would result in this thread getting locked. If you are looking for a sprite resource use this.

You post images with
. Also, why use brick break over hammer arm on golurk? It's already incredibly slow anyways.
Why Brick Break over Hammer Arm? Because Light Screen and Reflect annoy the $h1t outta me.

EDIT: Lengthened descriptions and put pictures in.

I APPLAUD YOU SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am over 9000% sick of all the Heatran/Terrakion/Tyranitar crap!!! Your mons seem to work very well together. Just a few changes. I would switch Inner Focus to either Steadfast or Justified on Lucario. That is just a personal preference. You also seem a bit weak to offensive rain once Maggie bites the dust. Other than that, righteous team. Good to see someone who is not afraid to think outside the box. You get 110 points. Peace. ^_^

I APPLAUD YOU SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am over 9000% sick of all the Heatran/Terrakion/Tyranitar crap!!! Your mons seem to work very well together. Just a few changes. I would switch Inner Focus to either Steadfast or Justified on Lucario. That is just a personal preference. You also seem a bit weak to offensive rain once Maggie bites the dust. Other than that, righteous team. Good to see someone who is not afraid to think outside the box. You get 110 points. Peace. ^_^

I see your logic. The problem, however, is that I don't want Luca to take any hits, rendering out Justified. So, it's a toss up between Focus and Stead. I'll get a third opinion then decide from there.

what...how...who...okay then. Well, lets see what we can do here. first things first, you have entirely too many steel types. fire, fighting, and ground absolutely tear this team to shreds, especially considering you have no resistance to any of them bar the two immunities to fighting on your ghosts. I know you're trying to run some unusual mons that are also favorites, but you need to mix it up a bit. I don't care if you replace metagross with delibird (but don't, it's terrible), you need to have a more diverse team typing. i imagine that weather teams of any sort give you trouble. Sun with the boosted fire, rain with the unresisted water, sand with the plethora of ground types. Hail you might could take what with all the steel. But i digress.

anyway, about the monsters you do have....you are not using magnezone right. He's meant to trap opposing steels and kill them. If you think about it, the lock-on set you use is essentially an electric type solarbeam that takes up two moveslots, which is really not that useful. therefore i would replace lock-on with HP fire and zap cannon with substitute, which can help avoid status and prevent damage. Personally, i prefer subpunch Golurk to the direct attacking variant, considering his slow speed and the fact that your opponent will probably switch out their fighting type for something that can take it. Try this set.

Golurk@leftovers
Ability:Iron Fist
Nature:adamant
252 Hp/ 252Atk/ 4 Def
~ Substitute
~ Focus Punch
~ Shadow Punch
~ Earthquake
Or since you're running dream world, you could go for no guard and dynamicpunch. But i have not personally used that set.
I do not see why of all the steels on your team you gave air balloon to scizor. it doesn't even have a ground weakness! try leftovers, they give you a bit more bulk to pull off a dance. If anyone should have air balloon, its magnezone, though metagross wouldn't mind having one either. You have no hazards on your team, so have you considered running stealth rock over ice punch on metagross? also maybe hammer arm over earthquake for better coverage with your steel moves. Stealth rock can seriously weaken a team, and let you take out some monsters you otherwise might not have.

try eviolite dusclops over dusknoir. It may not hit as hard, but it is a fantastic wall, and can do solid damage using night shade. try this set

Dusclops@eviolite
nature:calm
Ability: pressure
252 Hp/ 80 Def/ 176 SpD
~ Pain Split
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Night Shade
~ Ice Beam / Taunt

there is more. definitely more. but this is what i have to say for now. Hope I helped, and don't give up on using your favorites!

Bugdomking has a point man. I totally forgot that steel was weak to fire. Drought teams will probably give you some trouble.

Surprisingly, no. It's because most of my Pokemon have Earthquake.
There's a difference between being able to revenge kill, and being able to switch in to an attack. Here are two hipster Jellicents for your consideration.

Jelly@Lefties
Sassy, Water Absorb
252Hp, 252SpD, 4Def
-Taunt
-Trick Room
-Scald
-Recover

Or

Jelly@Choice Specs
Modest, Water Absorb
252 Hp, 252 SpA, 4 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

If you want to keep your crazy amount of steels, replace Dusknoir with this.

OR
Replace a steel type with this:

Politoed@Choice Band
Drizzle, Adamant
252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 whatever
-Waterfall
-EQ
-Ice Punch
-Payback

Just some ideas

Drought Teams won't give him trouble. Drought teams would destroy that team especially an infernape. As the above poster said I would either add a jellicent or politoed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)