How do YOU dispose of Blissey?

Blissey is a pain, a bitch, and everyones favorite whore. She is the most annoying pokemon. We all hate her. Especially when we are partial to special attack pokemon. Every time I seems to be tilted towards special attacking, mainly because it hits harder and is more effective IMO. But that leaves you with the ever so common problem of eliminating blissey. I open this thread as brainstorming every idea possible to defeat the fat bitch.

Current DIRECT solutions I have used to defeat her.

Mixed Sweeper prediction - Pain in the ass IMO. Pokemon like Mixmence, Infernape, and Kingdra can dispose of Blissey, but often lose power with hitting everything else, or just don't have the sweeping potential of a full out sweeper. Plus, in Salamence and Kingdra's case, you actually have to predict the switch in. Then, Blissey just switches out after the first hit and comes in later to recover the damage.

Dugtrio - Dugtrio is the most reliable solution to eliminate her. Traps her and kills her in 2 hits with Earthquake, but then leaves you open to Gyarados, Dragonite, and Salamence who take the opportunity to set up and rape you, meaning you need to waste a teamslot countering them, which means youve wasted 2 slots. Then, what if Blissey softboils 16 times while you both run out of pp but she still stands (its happened to me twice).

Heatran - I started using Magma Storm to trap Blissey switch-ins, then explode on her. But I got outpredicted and Exploded on a protect, then had to deal with her all match. I also got unlucky a few times with Magma storm missing, her T-waving me, then tossing me to death while i shiver in full paralysis. Not fun.

Any other Special Sweeper with Explosion - Works nicely, even makes you chuckle quite hard. But again, protect Blisseys screw this.

Heracross Guts Pursuit - Switch him into a T-wave, and he nails her with pursuit. Comes up shy of 2HKO, and then she can just recover off the damage later.

Fighting pokemon in General - Bliss makes good set-up fodder. Especially with SD Lucario. But I get screwed when people are using Blisselia or BlissGlis, leading to inevitable stall. Not fun.

As of now, the most successful plan is Dugtrio, but I really don't like using it. Any other ideas?

BOAH Swampert. Is the best thing I can think of to switch in to Blissey no matter what move it uses.

But if not, there are still a lot of other options, it just takes prediction. IE predict an Ice Beam, switch in Lucario/Infernape. EG predict a TWave, switch in Garchomp/Machamp. Just make sure you don't have only one Pokemon to deal with Blissey, because it can easily stall out unprepared teams. Most teams should be prepared for Blissey though, casue if Bliss walls 5/6 of your team you know you are doing something wrong.

Breelom definatly deserves a bigger mention. Also the Porygon Trick is quite predictable. Also Usrang can asorn status with guts and throw around STAB Facades that will hurt both Gliscor and Blissey. It could probablly OHKO Glis with a SD up.

Lately I've been running Naive Explosion Azelf on all my teams. Usually takes out 2 Pokemon or completely takes out Blissey. Nobody is ever expecting the Explosion for some reason. I don't even have to worry about Blissey much anymore because Azelf kills it 90% of the time.

The trick is never to Explode right away. If they switch Blissey in I usually use Nasty Plot just to scout for Protect and it also makes the other person think you're just going to try to stat up the whole time. Then you splode.

CounterSash Destiny Bond Gengar:

A personal favorite lead. Nobody bothers going for the T-Wave if Gar is at 1 HP. ;D

Dugtrio:

Usually if I have something like Starmie out, and Blissey switch is obvious, then I'll just go straight to Dugtrio. CounterBliss ftl >_>

TyraniBoah:

Lololol, pretty fun to use.

Sub/CM Jirachi/Celebi:

^^^^^^

-----

Also, about Magma Storm Heatran, I incorporated that into one of my latest teams. Takes out bulky waters quite pleasantly, opening up sweeps for stuff like Garchomp.

exploding heatran, or sdluke. with heatran, bluff a scarf, and come in on something that will run away to blissey, and fire blast. then if bliss comes out, switch out. repeat the process only when they switch out, explode. its fun. if its lategame, they will lose to weavile after an sd

Sub+CM Mismagius. Blissey makes amazing set up fodder for it. Mismagius is one of my favourite Pokemon and suprisingly enough one of my favourite and most reliable ways to kill Blissey.

A hearty agreement. Boah can setup as well, and when blissey comes out he can rip through most of a stall team.
if you can get it on after something of yours dies or on a twave...even a stoss or ice beam if you can take it....SUB up and open up some well earned WOOPARSE!

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Stealth Rock + Sandstorm severely limits Blissey's ability to switch in and wall hits without having to constantly recover.

I personally run Calm Mind Mismagius, as well as a Focus Punching Typhlosion. In the past, I've run a Scarf Infernape too, which was surprisingly successful.

Poor blissey, along with many other pokemon who will soon face its fate (Stares at chomp and lucario) it has been completely and uttely countered in every possible way and can no longer step foot on the feild with any chance of the opponent being unprepared....sigh....

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Bliss can be a pain, but normally I make teams that benefit from its presence more then fear it. Things like pokemon with 101 subs and heavy hitting physical sweepers are cores of my teams.

Lucario...simple as that.

Its a special attacker and Blissey is out of its mind if it ever plans switching into it.

Mixed Sweeper prediction - Pain in the ass IMO. Pokemon like Mixmence, Infernape, and Kingdra can dispose of Blissey, but often lose power with hitting everything else, or just don't have the sweeping potential of a full out sweeper.
Isn't this why we use Mixape? Just Nasty Plot and you can own on the Special side of things, and your CC still fucks Blissy up.

I personally use Magnezone with a Life Orb or switch in Electivire on the T-wave, forcing here to get the hell outa there.

I've used Reversal Porygon Z with Blissy killing success, but it loses Special power.

I also use my Missy in just about every team I have every used since I hatched it, and I think its one of the best Blissy counters out there. She just sits there, waiting for here impending doom, knowing that if she switches, you just rifle off another 2 Calm Minds and sweeep sweeep sweeeep!

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think something like Electivire with Cross Chop and Thunderbolt does the trick nicely. It also takes advantage of T-wave should Blissey try doing that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)