How have your past girlfriend/boyfriend relationships been?

This really, really bothers me for some reason. So if you know you're not going to get into a serious relationship with them, if you can, just fuck them? Is sex of so little importance to you that you wouldn't mind doing it with someone you don't even really know/like? I assume lots of people are okay with this, but I don't see how.

Personally, I can't even fathom the idea of letting myself be seen partially nude in front of whomever I am dating/could be dating if I knew that I wasn't already on the path to falling in love with them, or I already was in love with them. I dunno, I just feel like giving myself to someone like that so open and vulnerable-like isn't something I take for granted, and it's really hard for me to understand how people can just fuck whoever they want, whenever they want, regardless of the actual level of their social relationship with that person.

There are such things as friends with benefits....thats still a form of relationship, just not girlfriend boyfriend. For some people a "real" relationship would bring more stress and if they couldn't hand being really vulnerable with somebody else they just start a friends with benefits thing, just for sex kissing and whatnot.

imo though that warrants a whole other thread..

This really, really bothers me for some reason. So if you know you're not going to get into a serious relationship with them, if you can, just fuck them? Is sex of so little importance to you that you wouldn't mind doing it with someone you don't even really know/like? I assume lots of people are okay with this, but I don't see how.

Personally, I can't even fathom the idea of letting myself be seen partially nude in front of whomever I am dating/could be dating if I knew that I wasn't already on the path to falling in love with them, or I already was in love with them. I dunno, I just feel like giving myself to someone like that so open and vulnerable-like isn't something I take for granted, and it's really hard for me to understand how people can just fuck whoever they want, whenever they want, regardless of the actual level of their social relationship with that person.
don't take it the wrong way , and answer only if you wish , but how old are you ? I assume you are female.

*EDIT* Holy shit, I wrote a lot more than I thought I did... I'll try to trim it down a bit in the morning, as it's 5AM now. Feel free to skip to the last two paragraphs for my current situation, but the short of it is I've had one girlfriend for three years, it ended badly, I asked another girl out, but she just led me on for a while, and now I've asked a third girl out, whom I'm really good friends with, but haven't gotten an answer and am wondering if I should bring it up again or not.

I've only had one girlfriend so far in my 22 years of life, but that relationship lasted almost three years. We met when I joined a gaming club in my freshman year of college, and she apparently thought I was cute. I had no inkling of this at the time, but she was cool and we hung out often. She tried to give signs of how she felt by doing stuff like hugging me and asking me what I thought about her, but I'm from a Catholic Spanish family, so needless to say I'm used to hugging people, although I guess that's still pretty dense to not realize that. Anyways, after a few weeks of this, she eventually gets frustrated and tells one of our other friends to IM me and tell me to ask her out, which he does. I was surprised, but after thinking about it I decide to do it, and so I gathered up what little courage I have and asked her out that night (I still remember the exact time: 1:30AM on October 3rd, 2005, which also happens to be her birthday). Now, I was that quiet kid at school who usually sits by himself at lunch and amazes people when I actually speak, so this was a pretty big deal for me.

I'm not sure if things moved along quickly for a relationship or slowly, but I do know that I fell deeply in love with this girl almost right away. We didn't have the typical relationship of going out to the movies or to dinner or stuff like that a lot (we did do those things, but only like once a month or so), we preferred just to spend time in each other's company, and since we were both dorm students we spent a LOT of time together. We became pretty serious about each other, saying "I love you" all the time and even going so far as to talk idly about marriage, and we started having sex after a year had passed by and we both turned 18.

I'm not sure exactly when things started going sour, as I had no idea things were bad until the moment she broke up with me a little over a year ago, but when she did, it felt like my world just fell apart. She gave some reasons that I don't remember anymore, but a lot of it had to do with me, such as the fact that I only got my driver's licence when she threatened to break up with me a year before this (I absolutely hated driving back then) and I was doing poorly in college and other such nonsense, but when I asked her about it when I tried to get back together with her a month later, it basically boiled down to "I just don't love you anymore", which baffles me. How do you simply stop loving someone? I know that I wasn't exactly the best guy in the world; my grades were pretty poor in several of my classes (mostly due to the fact I skipped too much), I only had a part-time job (I loved that job though, I wish I still worked there even with another full-time job), and I don't consider myself to be that attractive, but all of these things were true when we first got together as well. I couldn't comprehend how she could just stop loving me seemingly randomly, after all we'd done together, and it eventually just turned into a dark cloud of hatred. I stopped talking with her, and eventually cut off all contact with her, and I still would prefer not to see her ever again.

Now, there was a girl who I had a crush on before I met my ex, a nice model Christian girl, always went to church and leg a very religious life, etc. etc.. A few months after the breakup, I'd finally gotten over the grief enough that thoughts about this other girl started coming up again. Problem was, my family was moving to another state (from Massachusetts to Virginia), so there was pretty much no chance of us getting together, but the more I thought about it the less I wanted to go through life wondering "What if?", so I eventually worked up the courage to at least tell her how I felt. I didn't have her phone number, however, nor did I have the chance to actually go meet her, so I ended up just sending her a PM on Facebook (yes, I know, lame). I mentioned that I wanted to eventually move back up to MA (which I do, cold as it is), but didn't actually ask her to go out with me, just told her that I liked her. To my surprise, when she replied back, she said "I would love to go out with you if you ever come back here!", which made me ecstatic, as before my ex I'd been crushing on her for four years (yes, I know, very lame). We traded numbers, and although we rarely ever called each other, we would text each other every day, just talking about random stuff. I guess I made the mistake of turning my infatuation with her into an obsession, because if I hadn't been obsessed then the following probably wouldn't have hurt as much as it did.

One day, I don't remember what we were talking about, but she mentions something about her "boyfriend". What. I ask her what she's talking about, and apparently she's been dating this 40-something year old guy (she's my age, 22). I ask her about what she said to me when I told her how I felt, but she says she doesn't remember what I'm talking about. I tell her what she said, and she says that she only said that because she didn't want to hurt my feelings. I'd only asked out my ex and her, so I didn't actually have the experience at the time, but even then I knew that what she did hurt more than any flat-out rejection ever could. It felt like my world was crumbling again, my hopes had been so high for her, and we hadn't even gone out. We still remain friends to this day, but I don't think I'll ever be able to trust her enough to go out with her.

Right now there's another girl that I'm very attracted to, named Jennifer. She was just an online friend of mine, but we've been friends ever since my freshman year of high school, even before I developed my crush on the previous girl. We talked through IM all the time, and sometimes even used webcams, but because she lives in Pennsylvania, I was never able to meet her until after my family moved to Virginia. One day this past summer while at my new job, I just got a sudden urge to go visit Jen, so I figured why not now that I live much closer, sent her a message on Facebook, and eventually we set up a date for me to visit for the weekend. We had a great time, went to the mall, saw a movie together (G-Force if you're wondering, not something I'd normally be interested in but she wanted to see it due to having pet guinea pigs), and went swimming at a friend's house. She even took me through a tour of her college, although several of the buildings were closed due to it still being summer, even though classes started the next day. Her family was awesome, and I loved the rural area she lived in.

On the day I had to leave, we went out for breakfast at IHOP, and then I dropped her off at college before my trip home. Right before she left, though, she gave me a quick hug, and I think this is when I started to develop feelings for her, although I didn't realize it until later. Even though we've only met in real life once, my attraction for her has grown pretty strong. I told her how I felt (again through Facebook since we don't talk on the phone and I'm still too cowardly to tell her directly through IM) a couple of weeks ago, but she never gave me an answer, even though she replied back saying she would like to talk about it through IM. I'm assuming she forgot about it, which if true is a pretty good indicator of how she feels about me, but I still keep thinking about her, and I'm not sure if I should try asking her again or not...

Oh.

About two years ago I shared a class with this girl Sam. Honestly I wasn't very attracted to her. We started talking, and very quickly it was as if we had known each other for years, we just clicked. I knew she had a boyfriend from the start, and at the time I had my eye on another girl, so I never really thought of her as anything more than a friend. We were always together and always talking and we were always loud. About half a year later, we were both single, and we had both developed feelings for each other. Through a series of awkward conversations we started dating. Looking back, it was more cute than serious, but we dated for a little while and things were good. It was just as it always was but now I got to do relationshippy stuff with her and I liked it. Everyone gave that same sort of "finally!" expression to us, and everyone liked us together. But I'm kind of an asshole.

I met Jessi my freshman year in high school in our speech and debate class. We were partnered up against another pair to debate whether the driving age should be lowered to 14 (-_-). It was probably my young shy hormones speaking, but I thought she was the prettiest girl in the world. She shared my humor and was smart too, she made it easy to fall for her. She invited me to her church, and of course I obliged. Having a crush on the girl, I went every week in hopes of getting closer to her, but nothing of the sort ever happened. We steadily drifted apart, yet I always had that thought of her floating around in my head.

Slightly before I met Sam, I started going back to the church Jessi invited me to, as some of my friends went there. Jessi and I began to talk as friends, and soon I met Sarah, Jessi's best friend. Jessi bluntly pushed us together, but I didn't mind, the girl was pretty and we got along great. We were "together" for a very short time (~2 weeks) before she ended it. I'll admit I wasn't very happy, but I got over it, and present day Sarah is one of my best friends. Soon after, a conversation between Jessi and I revealed that we were both plain stupid suicidal and psychologically messed up. We found this connection strangely lovely and we became extremely close. She found it easy to let down her wall for me, to not pretend to be something she wasn't. But she's naturally wishy-washy, so we weren't always as close as I had wished.

Long story short, I used the excuse that Jessi needed me more to leave Sam for her. I still half regret the decision but what's done is done.

This relationship was insane. We moved incredibly quickly and were together for quite some time. If you ever have the chance to be in a relationship with a past crush, I would highly recommend it. I was able to let out every romantic fiber in me to the first girl that had ever really dazzled me. I loved this girl. But her personal problems quickly found a way to come between us. We worked through the problems, and we were stronger for it, but there is only so much you can push a person before they will break. Though it was almost mutual, when we broke up I was devastated. She felt angry that she couldn't feel my affection for her, and though this wasn't the first time this came up, this time she was adamant for a change. We stayed friends for a while, then drifted apart as usual. She started dating one of my friends that I had introduced her to, about a year later mind you, and still being a little heart broken I took offense to it. I can hardly look at the girl without growing mad, so I avoid her to keep from being harsh.

During all of this, I find out Sam had become extremely depressed as she never really got over me, something a blame myself of. I never really gave her any space, as the day after we broke up I went right back to being the same close friend I was before, and I had blindly expected her to do the same. She began acting out, and her family had an almost intervention for her. Her whole family hates me now. Her father even paid an ex of her's and the neighbor kid to fight me at church.

Semi-recently, Sam and I tried dating again, but it just didn't work out. I never got to see her as I am unwelcome to her family and she was and still is too lazy to go get her license. I still have feelings for her, but I just can't put up with that. I wish to start meeting new people again, but I've become so isolated. I'm pretty ashamed to say the only girls I've recently met were crazy fangirls of my hair (though my hair is pretty sweet). It's not bad I guess, but not favorable..

Indigo I dont think that dating should be a soundboard or whatever it was that you said for relationships. A lot of people im sure would agree with you, but the way i look at it you can pretty much tell the moment you meet someone how far the relationship will go--thjere may be surprises but for the most part thats kinda how it works out. So why should I waste my time with some crappy 2 month relationship where we geet bored of one another? I say if you're not feeling a relationship just try to get laid and thats it.
That's not necessarily true; I know a lot of people who thought they could have a relationship with someone, so they went out a few times, and then one or the other party realised that they didn't think there was a proper spark there, and so they finished. You can't always tell from the get-go.

As for your jerks/nice guy dichtomy in my opinion its a bit ridiculous. Jerks aren't any more or less vapid than nice guys... they're just jerks, but they can be charismatic jerks. How interesting someone is really comes down to charm, not the content of anything they say, hence why incredibly knowledgable profs can be dull as hell.
That's part of my point. They're not boring because they're vapid, they just happen to be vapid AND boring.

And I think that girls go for ejrks not necessarily because they like jerks, but because they like assertiveness and confidence, which nice guys usually dont have because they're kinda pussies, so it really comes down to which is the lesser evil. Then again just like you im purely theorezing from my intutitions... who knows if im right.
This is one of the many reasons, I think.

It's not really my thing either, but I don't have a problem with people doing it, as long as both parties are fully aware of what the nature of the relationship is and they have at the very least, mutual respect for each other, if not a strong like. Personally, I don't really see the appeal because the parts of a relationship I really like are the everyday signs of affection, and the companionship. I'd like a girl who I can cuddle on the couch with, or sing along to silly power ballads and other such crappy music while we do uni work or something.

i was twelve, and thought i loved her. she was walking through the halls the day i saw her. blue eyes, long blonde hair, well-endowed for twelve. i was too nervous to ask her out, so my (former) friend found her locker, put a note in it. i don't remember what it said; something like, "YOUR SECRET ADMIRER: [insert my AIM username]."

weeks passed, and she IMed me. turns out she snuck on her sister's computer for me. i was shaking so hard and could barely concentrate on the computer screen. after that, we talked to each other whenever we could. i kept thinking, "is this love?" so eventually i wrote, complete in the style of a 7th grader, "do u want to be my gf?"

in real life, we never went out, never touched each other, never talked to each other. in part, it was nervousness on both our parts and putting each other on pedestals, but it was also because i am deaf and was too afraid i would not understand her. all we'd do was lock eyes in the hallways, and my friend told me that i blushed whenever i saw her. the week before school ended, she slipped a letter in my locker. it had a scribbled note and a petal of some flower. i think i read the word "love," but it was so long ago i no longer remember. i was seriously bothered by the note: isn't this going too fast? i don't know if i love her.

over the summer, she sent me tons of emails recounting her day. reading through them, i realized, she was boring! coupled with my infatuation (as i later realized it was) not being renewed by the sight of her, i grew tired of her. i still got butterflies when i thought about her, or when i saw her as school started again. but by then, i knew it wasn't love.

she wouldn't believe me when i tried to end it, when i said i no longer liked her. to be fair, i still liked her, but we were too different, and it wasn't love. i felt like we should step back, take things slower. but instead of saying that, i got really angry, then, and called her something i'm not proud of. i hope i get to say "sorry" one day! but yeah, the relationship taught me pretty well the difference between infatuation and love. another girl taught me the rest of the difference.
I'm really impressed by the maturity you showed here, realising that the person is boring even as you held her on a pedestal.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Before I read the latest posts, I'm just going to respond to skorpion123 whatever: I am 19, and a girl, yes. And YES, of course I've heard of friends with benefits, I just still can't relate to ever actually wanting to do it. And of course I understand that some people are perfectly okay with just being friends with someone to have sex with and be affectionate with, I don't know, it's just that PERSONALLY, I could never do something like that. It's all or nothing for me, every time.

edit: MagicMaster87, that's quite a tale. I realize I haven't even really shared an extensive relationship past, but yours is very interesting. I'm also curious about your hair now, if you actually have fan girls for it!

My past relationships have basically consisted of 3 different boys, them being Jordan, Dominic, and Daniel, my current boyfriend. I lost my virginity to Jordan, circa like 2006 I believe? I was in my sophomore year at high school, and I'm pretty sure he was waiting to even suggest sex as soon as I had turned 16, aha, which I guess is responsible of him. I feel naive for saying this, but basically with every boyfriend I've had, we've talked fleetingly about marriage, and Jordan was no exception, even though he was my first boyfriend. At the beginning, I was completely infatuated with him, and eventually found myself to what I thought was love. We spent nearly every day with one another, he'd pick me up for school and I would either go to his house afterward for the day, or just until he had to drop me off back at home before he went to work. For about 6 months, I loved it. Then after that time marker, I started to get bored.

Although I had loved it so much in the beginning, we almost literally did the same thing every day we spent with one another. And unfortunately, even sex was turned robotic and boring. We'd come home from school, likely fuck, and then if he wasn't going to work we would just lay in bed in his room watching TV all day, during which time he'd try to goad me into fucking some more. Honestly I usually just let him do it, as I had to just lay there, and I continued watching TV. Jordan was also the one who first suggested that I get on birth control, since he "hated using condoms." He was really selfish in retrospect, especially after he told me we'd be breaking up at the end of the year REGARDLESS, since he was graduating and moving way to college, and informed me that "we wouldn't work out in a long distance relationship." He only told me this about a month before the school year would end, so I was feeling pretty fidgety and upset. This led me to eventually make-out with my neighbor, more out of spite for my boyfriend than actually being attracted to the neighbor, although he was attracted to me. Even though I was so mad at Jordan, the next day when I saw him, I felt probably the worst I've ever felt in a relationship, and all I had done was kissed another guy. (Which is why, I've mentioned before somewhere, I can't stand how people can actually "cheat" and have sex with other people whilst in a relationship). I was too afraid to even tell Jordan, and this was made worse coupled with the fact that we even sat together with my neighbor at lunch, haha.

So I'd say that Jordan indeed eventually broke up with me, but it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I was still sad, but like within 2 weeks of him breaking up with me, he started to have "jam sessions" with a boy named Dominic, and since I was basically Jordan's lapdog, I would always go along with him to these sessions at Dominic's house. I laugh at myself now, thinking of my behavior, but I immediately found Dominic very attractive, and very adorable. He had very large, curly hair, and that was enough to entrance me before I actually talked to the guy and got to know him. Basically the jam sessions would go like this: We'd either be in Dominic's old room, which was just a very trashed room used for his drums and other junk, or I think we eventually moved into the basement since his mother forced him to clean the room. Either way, whenever I was at these jam sessions, I would just sit on the floor out of everyone's way, and constantly just glance at Dominic. I caught his eye multiple times, and tried letting him catch my smile as well, and I feel stupid doing this since I never even once glanced at Jordan, my still-boyfriend, haha. I wonder if he noticed that. Anyway, this was especially bad on my part, since Dominic had a girlfriend! But I was pretty ruthless in wanting to feel really wanted and loved again, so my "advances" on Dominic were very subtle, but relentless. They weren't even advances quite yet, I just wanted to give him attention, and make sure he noticed it. Which I succeeded in doing.

So one day Jordan and I are at Dominic's house, in his basement with Dominic and his brother, watching "Desperate Living," a popular John Water's movie. Jordan eventually said "Oh man, I'm tired, let's leave," something he ALWAYS did when he was bored and didn't want to be somewhere anymore, and I knew this, so I was sort of angry because I wanted to stay and hang out with Dominic (and I wanted to finish the movie I'd never seen!) so as Jordan is upstairs and getting his shit together, I'm there too, and I say "I think I'm going to stay here." And he's very surprised, mad even. He says "What? But I'm leaving. How are you going to get home?" And I just said that I'd have my dad pick me up or something, but I was very adamant in letting him know that I did not plan on leaving, and I was fine with him leaving without me. He left in a huff, and I went downstairs, and Dominic sort of looked at me surprised: "Where's Jordan? I thought you guys were leaving?" and, "Yeah, he left, but I wanted to stay." He was still a little surprised, but thought nothing of it, I guess. We then started watching "Monster," and not 2 minutes into the movie Jordan texts me, says he's coming back to pick me up, and that we need to talk. So I'm annoyed, unaware that this would actually be the conversation in which he'd finally break up with me. We talked as he was taking me home to my father's, also another sign before we even started talking that it was over between us I guess. He said things like "We both know that this wouldn't work out long distance, and I think this is better, we can still be friends, etc," and I just nodded and assented, I always clam up in situations like these (or at least I did three years ago) simply because if I were to speak, I would probably cry. Any overwhelming emotions usually end up in me crying, regardless if they're overwhelmingly sad, happy, angry, etc. So he drops me off, and I walk into my house and into my room sort of blank, not wanting to let the flood of emotions sitting behind my eyes out until I'm for sure sectioned off in my room. Eventually though I start balling, and feeling alone, and just wanting to ignore everyone forever, etc.

It wasn't more than about 2 weeks later that I was hanging out with Dominic, and he had kissed me. I remember the date exactly, April 11th, 2007, since that would have been Jordan and I's year anniversary :x. But we were watching THE PRINCESS BRIDE, haha, and laying on his water bed together on our bellies. At one point he took my hand and kissed it, and right after heavily exhaled the fact that "I'm sorry, if I didn't do that, I think I would have exploded." So I was like "awwww oh my god" in my head, gushing to myself and feeling bubbly. Eventually we just moved closer together, he rested his arm on my back and was just playing with my hair idly, and eventually I was laying on my back and he was looking at me very hard, like he was trying to make a decision. Then, I don't know when it happened (only a few moments later) but his face was very close to mine, and I was just looking at him very innocently, and he leans in and kisses me softly on the lips once. He apologized again, but I said that it was all right, that I liked it, etc. So started Dominic and I's relationship, but that's a tale for another day.

andrea

/me cresselias
It wasn't more than about 2 weeks later that I was hanging out with Dominic, and he had kissed me. I remember the date exactly, April 11th, 2007, since that would have been Jordan and I's year anniversary :x. But we were watching THE PRINCESS BRIDE, haha, and laying on his water bed together on our bellies. At one point he took my hand and kissed it, and right after heavily exhaled the fact that "I'm sorry, if I didn't do that, I think I would have exploded." So I was like "awwww oh my god" in my head, gushing to myself and feeling bubbly. Eventually we just moved closer together, he rested his arm on my back and was just playing with my hair idly, and eventually I was laying on my back and he was looking at me very hard, like he was trying to make a decision. Then, I don't know when it happened (only a few moments later) but his face was very close to mine, and I was just looking at him very innocently, and he leans in and kisses me softly on the lips once. He apologized again, but I said that it was all right, that I liked it, etc. So started Dominic and I's relationship, but that's a tale for another day.
This is soooo cute, lol. It makes me smile. It definitely reminds me of the first time I was kissed.

I'm kind of a really devout Christian, and I don't want lust to get in the way of a relationship. So, kissing was kind of a big deal to me. But, about two weeks after I started dating my suicidal boyfriend (ooohh, gosh, this was like a year and a half ago) we had decided that we weren't going to introduce kissing into our relationship... or at least not for a long time. So, one day we were sitting outside on a porch swing, just watching the world go by. All of a sudden, he just leans over and kisses me on the cheek, but abruptly apologizes. Then he took his distance again. He didn't sit still for long- he came back and kissed me on the forehead, once again apologizing. I asked him why he would do that, and he said he just couldn't help himself.

I kinda acted upset with him for a bit as I walked to my car to drive home. Just before I was going to leave, I told him "I think there's something you don't understand about me." He asked what it was, and I said "This is okay" and I kissed him on the cheek haha You should've seen his face as I drove away.

edit: MagicMaster87, that's quite a tale. I realize I haven't even really shared an extensive relationship past, but yours is very interesting. I'm also curious about your hair now, if you actually have fan girls for it!
All the girls I hang out with get all gushy over people's hair. They LOOOOVED Morgan's hair, he had these long auburn locks, but then he cut them short and dyed them a red-purple colour recently and they were very unimpressed.

Jordan was also the one who first suggested that I get on birth control, since he "hated using condoms." He was really selfish in retrospect, especially after he told me we'd be breaking up at the end of the year REGARDLESS, since he was graduating and moving way to college, and informed me that "we wouldn't work out in a long distance relationship."
In my experience with other males, the guys who hate using condoms are actually guys who hate BUYING condoms. I can understand the unwillingness to do a long-distance relationship (they are always very difficult and frought with problems, especially when they correspond to going into college and meeting a whole bunch of guys/girls), although it depends on what you classify as long-distance. I travel an hour and a half by train to university every day, which is a bigger distance than going all the way across a state in some parts of America; to some people, that would make any girl I dated at university a long-distance relationship, where I wouldn't consider it so.

He only told me this about a month before the school year would end, so I was feeling pretty fidgety and upset. This led me to eventually make-out with my neighbor, more out of spite for my boyfriend than actually being attracted to the neighbor, although he was attracted to me. Even though I was so mad at Jordan, the next day when I saw him, I felt probably the worst I've ever felt in a relationship, and all I had done was kissed another guy. (Which is why, I've mentioned before somewhere, I can't stand how people can actually "cheat" and have sex with other people whilst in a relationship). I was too afraid to even tell Jordan, and this was made worse coupled with the fact that we even sat together with my neighbor at lunch, haha.
Something I left out of my original post involves a similar situation, and one that none of my uni friends yet know about. A couple of weeks after Ioulia had made the sudden decision you wanted to be with this other guy, we were hanging out as friends as a farewell before she went back to see family in Siberia for the holidays, and we were sitting on a bench in this little park near her house and talking. We had been sitting there for a few hours when she suddenly leaned in and kissed me, then got really panicky and upset and said she needed to go home, so I started walking back with her to go to the train station when she started to cry. So I gave her a hug and said I was sorry and it was my fault and whatnot, and she kissed me again, still distraught. I was confused, and I thought she was changing her mind about the other guy, and I kissed her, then walked her out of the wood around the park.

I walked with her back up to the road, and I was going to head off in a different direction because I thought she was upset with me, but she grabbed my arm and hung on it until I had walked her home, then we hugged, both apologised, and I left.

After that, she stopped coming to hang out with our club friends, and started talking to me on MSN less frequently. She did say that the reason she kissed me was because she didn't know if she really felt something for me or just felt bad about turning me down. At the time, I thought she was being distant to try and help me lose interest in her. She said a few things to the contrary, but she has a tendency to lie to people if she thinks the truth will cause problems, like give me false hope or something. Noble, but a bit annoying to me, who would rather have bad truth so I can analyse the situation more accurately.

After about six months, she started talking to me again, and we're back to being friends and she's still with this other guy. In hindsight, I realise that the true reason she was keeping her distance was not for my sake, but for hers. She felt incredibly bad about the kisses, and the temptation she felt when I was around was too much for her to deal with, so she tried to get herself to lose some interest in me.

I caught his eye multiple times, and tried letting him catch my smile as well, and I feel stupid doing this since I never even once glanced at Jordan, my still-boyfriend, haha. I wonder if he noticed that. Anyway, this was especially bad on my part, since Dominic had a girlfriend! But I was pretty ruthless in wanting to feel really wanted and loved again, so my "advances" on Dominic were very subtle, but relentless. They weren't even advances quite yet, I just wanted to give him attention, and make sure he noticed it. Which I succeeded in doing.
I've taken up this sort of practice recently. I never really had the confidence in my appearance to try and catch people's eye, and I don't even know what constitutes flirting, but having been convinced that I have certain appealing physical attributes, including a good smile apparently, I've taken to giving nice-looking girls smiles as I walk past to see if they smile back.

On the day I had to leave, we went out for breakfast at IHOP, and then I dropped her off at college before my trip home. Right before she left, though, she gave me a quick hug, and I think this is when I started to develop feelings for her, although I didn't realize it until later. Even though we've only met in real life once, my attraction for her has grown pretty strong. I told her how I felt (again through Facebook since we don't talk on the phone and I'm still too cowardly to tell her directly through IM) a couple of weeks ago, but she never gave me an answer, even though she replied back saying she would like to talk about it through IM. I'm assuming she forgot about it, which if true is a pretty good indicator of how she feels about me, but I still keep thinking about her, and I'm not sure if I should try asking her again or not...
Totally ask again, in IM. Consider how difficult guys find it to talk about it with girls they fancy; girls are not different in this regard. It's entirely possible that she hasn't been able to work up the courage to bring the topic up over IM again.

Until you get a definite No, there's still a possible yes, and that possible yes that you didn't ask about will haunt you for years to come.

Hey, MrIndigo, might wanna join your posts into one and dodge an infraction.

Dear lord Fishy and godudette, those are some of the most heart warming stories I've heard in a long time. I also don't really agree with the whole fuckbuddy concept, but people do it enough that I just shrug and walk away.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
A word of advice. Don't date people you work with, the breakups are pretty rough since you still see them all the time. Very awkward. Better to just wait till you got another job or something then proceed.

A word of advice. Don't date people you work with, the breakups are pretty rough since you still see them all the time. Very awkward. Better to just wait till you got another job or something then proceed.
I agree with this; I am definitely not dating anyone I work with. Even being IN the relationship can be difficult, especially when you both compete for the same promotions, or one of you is in a subordinate position.

My hair? I doubt I have any fan girls for it (did you mean to ask raffy?), since it's usually a untameable, curly mess. I literally cannot do anything with it; if I leave it alone, it looks like some kind of square afro, but if I try to brush it or comb it, it ends up sticking out to the sides at the top like Wolverine's hair. -_- I absolutely hate it. On a positive note, I just got it cut, so at least I'll look slightly presentable for a while!

Fishy said:
This so damn adorable.

MrIndigo said:
Totally ask again, in IM. Consider how difficult guys find it to talk about it with girls they fancy; girls are not different in this regard. It's entirely possible that she hasn't been able to work up the courage to bring the topic up over IM again.

Until you get a definite No, there's still a possible yes, and that possible yes that you didn't ask about will haunt you for years to come.
I suppose that's possible, although she doesn't really seem like the type to have trouble talking about something like this, especially considering she already knows how I feel.

I guess I'm just afraid that if I bring it up again, things might get weird between us if she doesn't respond favorably. I know it's complete bullshit, especially considering how I'm still friends with girl #2 after what happened there, but I can't help thinking that.

I suppose that's possible, although she doesn't really seem like the type to have trouble talking about something like this, especially considering she already knows how I feel.

I guess I'm just afraid that if I bring it up again, things might get weird between us if she doesn't respond favorably. I know it's complete bullshit, especially considering how I'm still friends with girl #2 after what happened there, but I can't help thinking that.
You never know with this sort of thing. I think you will regret not asking in years to come more than you will regret asking.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Wow MagicMaster, ahahaa sorry, yes indeed, I did mean raffy when talking about the hair and fangirl thing.

Here is my rather interesting relationship story.

Before high school, I was never really interested in girls. Sort of like other people on here, they were either dumb or unattractive or both. But then when I went to high school, I met this lovely girl with more than half a brain, and I was enamored by her. She even came from a very respectable background: her father is the head orthopedic surgeon at the local hospital. One day after a pep rally we began talking, and we became fast friends. She had a boyfriend, but that didn't stop us from becoming really close. Then stuff got weird. Some guy had kissed her (and she didn't stop it), and she didn't tell her boyfriend even though I told her to. She go very mad with me because I kind of said I told you so, but we ended up being closer than ever after that because I still had feelings for her and she began to respect my advice for her.

Nothing much happened between us for the rest of that year. We were just really close friends, even calling each other "brother" and "sister" after I told her that she was like a sister to me (big mistake). She continued to have boyfriends though.

Because my dad retired at the end of my freshman year, I was forced to move 600 miles away from where I was before to be with the rest of his family, and I had to leave my friend behind. That is when it got weirder.

She suddenly became very strange. She had always had some slight self-esteem issues, but after that it got worse. She went out with this weird boyfriend that she met on a trip to australia and he really changed her. On a visit to where I used to live the next summer I met with her and saw that she began wearing skulls and gothic stuff, which was quite a change from the preppy stuff she used to wear. She had even put a blue hair extension in. The entire time she was talking about how she was engaged to this guy, and how he loved knives and she was going to buy him one. She ran away from her house a couple times, and dated another guy behind the first one's back! I learned about most of this stuff from her regular emails to me, and needless to say I was like O.o

So I gave her some advice, as I always had. I told her that her boyfriend had changed her, and that she needed to get out of that relationship. She was reticent at first, and didn't send any emails for quite some time, but then about 3 months later she told me she had broken up with him about 2 months before and had felt much happier after doing so, even returning to her previous dressing style. For the first time since I had known her, she was without a boyfriend, and even despite all of this weird shit, I still had feelings for her, and I told her about them. She apparently also had feelings for me all along! I then got sucked into a long-distance relationship with her that I am not sure if I regret or not.

I come to find out that her poor self-esteem causes her to be extremely emotionally attached to her boyfriends, and if I were to hint that this long-distance relationship was not a good idea it would break her heart, even if we are unlikely to see each other for the next 5 years! And so here I am today. She is such a smart, lovely girl yet I am sort of repulsed to be with her because she is so crazy. We are extremely compatable, but there is that psychotic side to her that really freaks me out.

Is it a good idea to continue a relationship with someone who you won't even see regularly for so long? I have always believed there are multiple fish in the sea for someone, and that we need to explore our options, but she is one to completely glom onto someone.

?_?

Easy for me to say, but having been with a psychotic before, I would say to get out now, because it never gets better, it only gets worse. She's survived breakups before, so this shouldn't be any different. Ultimately, if you don't want to be in the relationship, it's going to end at some point anyway, and it's going to be bad. The longer you leave it, the worse it will be for her. Delaying accomplishes nothing.

You can also break it to her in ways that soften the blow, e.g. "I don't think I can be a good enough boyfriend to you when we're so far apart."

As far as real relationships go. I'd say my first was the beginning of last year, when I was 15, with a girl who I knew about called Hannah. We had been talking for about a month or a two before we got together, she was quite 'broken' to say the least, a year younger than me, but had been through things no one should go through. I felt for her, but reflecting back on it, it was probably my compulsion to try help people who had lost trust in others. It lasted for about 2 months I'd say, all the trauma of the past had left her quite mentally unstable, a problem she had hidden quite well until the former part of our relationship, she became extremely clingy, texting all of my friends telling them to fuck off and that I was hers. Accusing me of cheating on her with my friends (boys and girls alike.. ) this got too much and I ended it, by text. I regret this, but her big brother really didn't like me and me being the scared 15 year old I was, I took the easy way out.

About a month after that, around April 2008 I started talking with an old friend from an old school; Victoria. She was a year older than me. We hit it off and while hanging at her house with her, she talked of how she had a major crush on me back in the day, (a few years back) and that she's still attracted to me. I wasn't really that into her, but I hadn't had that much experience with girls at the time, so I asked her out, I felt kind of backed into a corner but I did it anyway. She was a lovely girl, with a lovely family, though throughout the relationship it was obvious that she was into it alot more than me. Though I really cared for her, you could say I loved her, but was not IN love with her. We lost our virginities together about 3 months into the relationship, I was quite reluctant as I didn't really want to lose it with a girl who I didn't fully care about but it happened anyway. We shared some great times, she was really into anime and drawing for deviantart etc. So I bought her some 18k Yen manga pens from Japan during a trip there so she drew me this amazing card and comic book, I still have it in my draw :). Oh shit I forgot about Anna, this is quite important. About 2 months into my relationship with Victoria, I met a girl called Anna at one of Victoria's parties, she was really cool, a bubbly and undeniably attractive girl, though I wasn't into her at the time. We became friends and quite close, talking on the phone, or msn for hours on end. Victoria became concerned about this and handed me an ultimatum, It's her or me. Even though I didn't love Victoria, I wasn't about be disloyal to her. I chose her. In order to not hurt Anna's feelings too much (extremely unsuccessfully) I set her up with my best friend Shaun, they got together, and I felt strong feelings of jealousy towards him. Did I actually have feelings toward Anna? This happened around July. But in September, Victoria, who was drunk at the time, made out with my friend Mat, she told me straight away, but I was still hurt, I called her a hypocrite for not trusting me with Anna, so she became more lenient with her hold on me and I was allowed to hang with Anna and Shaun. In late October after my 16th birthday, I finally grew enough metaphoric balls to end the relationship and stop leading her along. After 2-3 days of her teary-sobbing calls and meetings it ended. (We are now friends)

I continued to hang out with Shaun and Anna, (not always together). And during some summer afternoon (Jan 09), we went paintballing with one of Anna's friends; Michaela. She was very attractive seemed quite nice. I managed to squeeze her number out of Anna (who was unwilling because she liked me) and Michaela and I started talking. She seemed great, attractive, fun and good with cars. ;P Though the conversation was slow, she was a few fries short of a happy meal and had experienced a few bad relationships where she was used for sex. We went out for about a month when we got to the intimacy stage, I wasn't really feeling the relationship and was thinking of ending it and I was definately wasn't going to have sex with her when I wanted to end it with her, opening old wounds. A day after this denial she thanked me for saying no, and I called her and ended the relationship. She was a bitch to put it lightly. Like during our relationship, she would be all nice but then would suddenly say something incredibly mean. She didn't have many friends because of this, her and Anna drifted apart too.

So it was around March 2009 when Anna broke up with Shaun, after an 8 (aprox) month relationship, similarly to Victoria and I, Anna wasn't really into it as much as Shaun was, and he became very clingy and ultimately too much. He was devastated at being lead along. I was still friends with both of them, but Shaun and I started to drift apart, as I relocated groups at school ((away from Shaun) but for completely unrelated reasons; It was personality clash with one of the members of my original group). Anna and I became great friends again, we hung quite a lot. We used to walk our dogs together, listen to music and my family loved her.

May the 8th 2009, there was a shooting incident in Napier, (my home town) where a man had barricaded himself in a house on a hill behind my house, so we were forced to evacuate. I went to stay at Anna's house. We went to a party as we had nothing else to do. It was in the wrong area so to speak, it was extremely hostile, full of gang affiliates, we left but we had too much to drink to drive safely so we huddled into my trusty stallion (toyota carolla), luckily there was blankets and pillows in the boot(trunk) so we huddled up as it was a cold night. We started at opposite ends of the back seat, but gradually moved closer together, she had her head on my shoulder and was texting one of her friends from the party, I stole a glance of the text and it said "just go for it, brodie's really cute". I put my hand under her chin and lightly angled her face up so we were looking into each other's eyes and I kissed her. (To quote Anna at a later date " I just melted when you kissed me, I had been waiting so long to have you all to myself" She had liked me ever since the party more than a year previous). We made love in the backseat and thus started our magical relationship, probably not in the most romantic way possible, but it was great nonetheless.

Now to spare Shaun we(it was mainly me)decided to keep it a secret for a little bit,( for about 1 and a bit months). It was the night of the ball that I made it public, and it was the night I first said I love you and truly mean it. It was an amazing experience, and it felt so right. Now we are almost 8 months into our relationship and we haven't looked back. She is the perfect girl for me, she's fun, knows how to make me laugh, she can debate a point like nobodies business ( intelligence is high on my "must have list"), she's beautiful and she has become part of the family. My sisters, parents and my dog adore her. Anna is a part of my life and I love it.

Edit: Sorry for the fucking massive wall of text.

This thread is all about wall of text, dude.

That's a cool story, and dating the exes of friends is always dangerous territory, but I think you handled it well. It's generally prudent to say something to the friend first, even if it's just saying "I'm going to go for your ex, just giving you a heads up" if not asking permission. But given you and he weren't really friends that much anymore, I don't think it was heinous that you didn't.

It lasted for about 2 months I'd say, all the trauma of the past had left her quite mentally unstable, a problem she had hidden quite well until the former part of our relationship, she became extremely clingy, texting all of my friends telling them to fuck off and that I was hers. Accusing me of cheating on her with my friends (boys and girls alike.. ) this got too much and I ended it, by text. I regret this, but her big brother really didn't like me and me being the scared 15 year old I was, I took the easy way out.

Well. You said she was a year younger than you, when you we're 15 by that time. So im figuring she was 14. Most people don't realize 1 of the most important things in the relationship. Which is giving each other they're "Space". She was maybe alittle to young to know about that.

That's 1 of the most important things i would say to my next girlfriend. She gives me my own little space. ill give her, her own little space. As in, i won't tell you who to talk to or not. Unless it's really getting in the Relationship, and controlling jealousy around your Male friends. Unless he's really getting serious with you.

But i would tell her not to take advantage of it. I just hope she'll understand. But i would suggest some of you use it in a relationship.
"The Space lol"

Btw Dewgong. You have quite a History there buddy lol.

andrea

/me cresselias
Dear lord Fishy and godudette, those are some of the most heart warming stories I've heard in a long time.
Glad to make you smile or whatever, lol.

May the 8th 2009, there was a shooting incident in Napier, (my home town) where a man had barricaded himself in a house on a hill behind my house, so we were forced to evacuate. I went to stay at Anna's house. We went to a party as we had nothing else to do. It was in the wrong area so to speak, it was extremely hostile, full of gang affiliates, we left but we had too much to drink to drive safely so we huddled into my trusty stallion (toyota carolla), luckily there was blankets and pillows in the boot(trunk) so we huddled up as it was a cold night. We started at opposite ends of the back seat, but gradually moved closer together, she had her head on my shoulder and was texting one of her friends from the party, I stole a glance of the text and it said "just go for it, brodie's really cute". I put my hand under her chin and lightly angled her face up so we were looking into each other's eyes and I kissed her. (To quote Anna at a later date " I just melted when you kissed me, I had been waiting so long to have you all to myself" She had liked me ever since the party more than a year previous). We made love in the backseat and thus started our magical relationship, probably not in the most romantic way possible, but it was great nonetheless.

Now to spare Shaun we(it was mainly me)decided to keep it a secret for a little bit,( for about 1 and a bit months). It was the night of the ball that I made it public, and it was the night I first said I love you and truly mean it. It was an amazing experience, and it felt so right. Now we are almost 8 months into our relationship and we haven't looked back. She is the perfect girl for me, she's fun, knows how to make me laugh, she can debate a point like nobodies business ( intelligence is high on my "must have list"), she's beautiful and she has become part of the family. My sisters, parents and my dog adore her. Anna is a part of my life and I love it.
Seriously, I have to say that this is like a chick flick of some sort. It's so cute. I love it, and I'm happy you guys are still together =) I'm just waiting for my perfect guy to show up into my life.

This thread is very, very interesting - I'm just going to answer to some posts as there aren't that many answers, and although it's ok to read what the others have to say and tell your own story, it's also good to get some feedback, I think? I'm sorry, I can't contribute much more than what I've posted already, I don't even have a real first kiss experience to tell - some girls have kissed me in the past but it wasn't something I'd asked for and they're not very good memories!

Fishy, the giant peniraffe on your wall was drawn by Dominic if I'm not mistaken? I wish you a long and happy relationship with Daniel, and I think maybe you should let him discover your 'crazy' side, but then again I don't know him at all so I can't really say... it's just a shame if you can't completely be yourself with him, in my opinion. Maybe ask him to log in warau so we can watch a duel between him and CK?

Bam, the same thing happens to me (the fear of being uninteresting). As I said, my current flame makes me doubt a lot about a lot of things sometimes, that being an example - however, I can usually express my feelings with some ease when I want to, and each time I've told her about it she was very reassuring in that regard, so maybe you should talk about it with that girl you're seeing? It will make you feel more confident unless she does tell you that you're uninteresting, in which case you could start questioning your feelings towards her...

Havak, great :D good luck for the future (or rather, no, don't let your relationship in the hands of luck).

m0nkfish, I hope your time away will prove useful, but imo if you don't think she is your 'true love' you should just end it... (I mean, in my perfect world you would only ever go out with your one true love and stay with her forever, but even if that's not possible you could try - if you're sure this is not it then I think it would be best to end it as soon and as softly as possible)

Phantasia, don't be so negative, I'm sure you'll find someone...

MrIndigo, and about the general 'don't become obsessive before you ask someone out' idea: ok I am probably very naive and all, but even if it doesn't work out, if your heart is broken, etc. Isn't it more... beautiful if you date someone you really love? I mean of course if you consider love to be a risk/reward thing, then you can take the strategic approach, date someone you only 'like' and see how it turns out and never be sad again! But... yeah, I might end up alone but I'd like to think that I can follow a more romantic path and find a girl who's walking on that same path (and I think I might have found one).
Also, i don't agree with your classification of teenager girls and boys - how can you even make up two categories to sort people out is beyond me.

Objection, :/

Navy, you sound a bit sour... I don't think all girls are dumb sluts and whatnot, maybe you just don't know anyone who shares your interests/ideologies etc... Also, don't get cocky - it's not because they don't want you that they don't know what's good for them!

capsfan, I don't think that many people are that young in this thread? How old are you, yourself?

skorpion123, is not wanting to have sex with someone you don't love a sign of being a young girl?

MM87, I hope things go well with Jennifer!

raffi, don't torture yourself over Sam - what's done is done, maybe it's for the better. Also, don't think you're 'too isolated' to meet someone - that doesn't mean you should stay isolated, but don't lose all of your self-esteem over that... when you first met Jessi and Sam, you weren't particularly sociable either, were you?

Anachronism, if you love her and she loves you, yes, I think you two can wait for 5 years... But there's a lot of trust involved obviously. Now if you mention that psychotic side that freaks you out, do you really think you love her enough to continue your relationship over a long distance? Maybe you asked while unconsciously wanting a negative answer, to find a good reason to end it without feeling too much guilt... you have to really think about it and find what are your feelings yourself, I'd say.

MD, haha, I wish you a lot of happiness too!

In a new situation now for the first time.

My old ex that I mentioned has been getting jealous even though I blatantly told her that I wasn't interested in a relationship right now and that she should do her best to control her feelings so she wouldn't get hurt. She would text me asking how my day was, and then when I asked her the same thing, she'd reply, always interjecting some comment about how she talked to or hung out with another one of her exes (who, for her health and happiness, she should not even talk to at all). I didn't really say anything about it because I knew she was just trying to get to me.

Now, it's escalated to a new level. Last night she threatened cutting herself, saying that she really wants to do it again, etc, because I just don't understand. There's this circle that I've come to find out many women have: they tell me I don't understand, so I must infer, but when I do that they get all pissed off and angry and tell me not to do that either, and then STILL expect me to fix their problems.

So after a bit of talking where she was still being oblivious to reason, I told her to calm down, not cut tonight, to take a cold shower and drink some milk, and then we could talk more about it today.

I'm just one of those people that can't for the life of me understand why somebody would commit suicide or hurt themselves =\.

andrea

/me cresselias
In a new situation now for the first time.

My old ex that I mentioned has been getting jealous even though I blatantly told her that I wasn't interested in a relationship right now and that she should do her best to control her feelings so she wouldn't get hurt. She would text me asking how my day was, and then when I asked her the same thing, she'd reply, always interjecting some comment about how she talked to or hung out with another one of her exes (who, for her health and happiness, she should not even talk to at all). I didn't really say anything about it because I knew she was just trying to get to me.

Now, it's escalated to a new level. Last night she threatened cutting herself, saying that she really wants to do it again, etc, because I just don't understand. There's this circle that I've come to find out many women have: they tell me I don't understand, so I must infer, but when I do that they get all pissed off and angry and tell me not to do that either, and then STILL expect me to fix their problems.

So after a bit of talking where she was still being oblivious to reason, I told her to calm down, not cut tonight, to take a cold shower and drink some milk, and then we could talk more about it today.

I'm just one of those people that can't for the life of me understand why somebody would commit suicide or hurt themselves =\.
Well, yeah, people like that happen- hence, my post on the first page about suicidal ex/whatever.

Dude, I seriously just told his friends as soon as I found out- that way, I wasn't the only one that knew about it- he'd have other people to talk to that could help him out.

Just let other people know- that's all I can stress. I mean, there isn't a way that you can prevent them from doing what they decide, but at least you can have other people there to support her and keep her from screwing up her life anymore than it already is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)