How Long Would I Have To Wait In Line For Best Buy Black Friday for......?

So, i'm a newbie in Black Friday stuff, and I want to know how long (estimation) I would have to wait in line for Best Buy to get the door buster Sharp 42" 1080p LCD HDTV - $199.99. I was thinking around I'd get at Best Buy at 7 A.M on Thanksgiving Day?

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i can tell you that for best buy youre going to want to get there pretty damn early, sleeping overnight is the bare minimum, ive known people to spend all of the day before black friday there as well

Holy crap how did I miss that deal o.o Guess I know what I'm doing Thanksgiving..

Anyhow since stores open at midnight rather than the usual 4am onwards, you probably have to get there sooner than Thanksgiving morning. I would prepare your survival munitions and drive by Best Buy several times on Wednesday, starting in the afternoon. If you see anybody camping, hop on it THEN, not later. I honestly wouldn't expect lines to start any later than closing time for your local store, so that's the latest you should plan for if you're serious about the deal.

Yeah, it's a steal. I've never black Friday shopped, where I have to sleep in the streets. yeah I think im gunna scout around Wednesday at 6PM and see what it looks like. If theres over 100 people, i wont get it.

More like if there's over 10 you won't get it. Stores will have a minimum of 10 but won't have room for much more if any, so for ANY kind of assurance you have to be one of the first 10 in line (since they're using vouchers). Those TVs are going to be THE killer deal of Black Friday, so you really have to be dedicated, as many others will be too.

These earlier store openings don't help either, since it's a new trend and there's no real precedent to when lines start forming. However, ton more people will be willing to sit there during the day (even on Thanksgiving) to get in at midnight as opposed to sitting all day PLUS overnight until 4am, which is why 7am probably won't cut it this year. You have to one-up them, which is why I recommend being prepared to get there possibly 24 hours early.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you are waiting 24 hours in the cold on a holiday that's supposed to be spent with family to save $300, it's time to get a job.

Judging by the video, I think that if you'd just ban fat black women from participating in the event there wouldn't be a problem.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
itt: Americans discuss their national holiday around buying cheaply priced electronics while the rest of the world stares in awe.

As a former retail employee: fuck Black Friday. Fuck everyone that shops on that day. Fuck Christmas music in November. Fuck the notion that somehow it increases sales instead of just focusing sales onto one specific day. Fuck that Americans are so stupid that that notion is correct.

So glad I'm not in retail any more. Who are these people that are spending more money because they hear dead black people singing boring-ass songs? Why is this a thing? People need to stand up and say, "Fuck you, stores. Gives us good prices year round. We are spending the holidays with family. Not killing each other for nothing."

Black Friday rules if you're not a damn lunatic. It's like tradition now for my friends and I to go get drunk after Thanksgiving dinner with our families and then just hang out all night in line. Hang out + get good deals the next day = good times. Sure, some people are going to go nuts just to save a few hundred bucks, but as long as you're not in that first 20 people area of the line you don't have to deal w/ that shit.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Don't play with the fire if you're not willing to get burned!!!
if the fire is idiots willing to trample other people for a cheap TV

have at it!!!!!!!

sure sure PK Gaming, I have a cousin that was waiting in line for K-Mart or something with his wife to get new appliances since they had moved into a new house etc etc, who told stories of people bitching one another out about spaces in line and actually lying to one another about being able to get in early just so people would lose their spot in line out of curiosity to rush the door, haha. black friday is great and all for sales but FOR ME it's just inexcusable for people to go as fucking bonkers as to disregard the well being of others for cheap merchandise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)