How many countries can you name?

My boyfriend got them all minus Poland and uhh.. some other really obvious one. I got 140, largely due to working out that most of the colonies in Pirates now count as countries.

i used to know all the countries in the world back in grade 12 for a geography course. I took it now and i only got 98 :(

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

stupid yugoslavia splitting into 32897123981273 different states

125. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT!

Missed loads in Africa, most of the Carribean, a couple in the middle east, several in central America, quite a few of the Pacific Island nations, and a number of eastern European/near Asian ones. I also missed a major European country because I thought I'd entered it.

Got pretty much all of Western Europe (as I bloody well ought to!), most of Asia, and almost all of South America. Got a few obscure ones that I only know from doing this kind of game before.

There's only maybe half a dozen I've never actually heard of, it's just remembering them all in 15 minutes is the problem.

And I admit to using the internet to spell-check one of my country names.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My boyfriend got them all minus Poland and uhh.. some other really obvious one. I got 140, largely due to working out that most of the colonies in Pirates now count as countries.
Obligatory "He forgot Poland" joke.

so i had 135 and with like 30 seconds left i remembered this thread.

so i typed in poland and got 136...

gah and i missed so many easy ones too (afghanistan and hungary to name a few)

132, but I'm a tool because I forgot Italy (family is from there). This is a fun little game, I did it contintent by continent since it's too hard to do it alphabetically for me.

only 102, just because most names are spelled differently in English then in Dutch, so I ran out of time ^^'

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I got 130, I was annoyed with a lot of spellings. If you name your country Kyrgyzstan then you deserve to be ignored in the world stage. Surprisingly though I got every other Asian country except Cambodia which I just forgot about because the map is so small..

Missed some obvious ones like Poland and a lot of the pacific islands (I couldnt remember which of the pacific islands are actually countries and which are islands within countries and which dont count as countries at all eg Cook Islands).

Have a nice day.

Damn you, Hip, I got 129.

Most of my country knowledge came from history books, which is why I found myself typing in things like 'Rhodesia' and wondering why the stupid thing didn't recgonize it.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Since when is united kingdom a country? I spent a good 5 minutes typing england, scotland, and ireland with different spellings..
wikipedia said:
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland[13] (commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK, or Britain) is a sovereign state located off the northwestern coast of continental Europe.

Bull of Heaven

138/195 because I accidentally typed Ugansa instead of Uganda as the time ran out. I also managed to miss Hungary, the Dominican Republic and some others I should have thought of.

Since when is united kingdom a country?
Since the Act of Union in 1800 (that united Britain and Ireland).

I presume the map is using the UN member states, with a few additions - Taiwan and the Vatican aren't UN states (Taiwan is claimed by the People's Republic of China, while the Holy See, though distinct from the Vatican, is an 'observer'). There must be a third one, maybe Western Sahara?

Man, reading internet forums really does nothing to boost my self esteem when it comes to academics. . I got a whopping 69 and I can't say there were more than 10 obvious ones I "should" have got! Why is everyone around here so damn knowledgeable?

When I took tourism in grade 12 I always got the highest mark in the class on these types of quizes..

this thread is really starting to remind me of those old IQ test ones, wherein people respond with things like 'i only scored 130 but thats because im tired and i was also watching tv at the same time'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)