Hustle

Hustle: Pokémon with this ability do 50% more damage with physical attacks, but physical attacks have 20% less accuracy. When a Pokémon with this ability is first in the party, wild encounters with higher level Pokémon have a higher chance of occurring.

Hustle, the ability that makes many pokemon, even those that aren't fully evolved, into complete power-houses.

Due to the CB-esque increase in attack, there are many viable users of this wonderful ability, but of course, there are downsides. Your accuracy is lowered by 20%, ie. Flamethrower hits as if it is Stone Edge, and we all know how frustrating Stone-miss can be.

Despite this flaw, it is a ridiculously powerful ability and must be accounted for.

Main Users:
Durant @ Choice Band / Life Orb
252 SPD / 252 Atk / 4 HP Adamant
~Iron Head/Rock Slide/Dig/Aerial Ace
~Hone Claws/Crunch
~X-Scizzor
~Earthquake

A true monster, reaching around 800 att with a simple CB boost, while it can go set-up style with hone claws relieving it of accuracy problems. It's 109 speed, albeit trolly, can outspeed 90% of the metagame, thus it is a formidable force.

Under Construction

Discuss!

Hustle can pretty much be removed by Victory Star on the same team, though to a lesser extent. Either way the accuracy helps.

jrp

Banned deucer.
hustle doesn't lower the accuracy of special attacks iirc so flamethrower is a bad example

Hustle can pretty much be removed by Victory Star on the same team, though to a lesser extent. Either way the accuracy helps.
1. Victory Star only restores the accuracy to 88% if the move normally has 100% accuracy (1*.8*1.1= .88)
2. Victory Star only works in doubles/triples, so it's absolutely useless in this scenario anyway.

Darumaka can still rape LC with Hustle. With an Adamant nature, Choice Band, and Hustle, Darumaka effectively gets 40 Attack at Level 5. That's ridiculous.

There are downsides to Hustle. The biggest one is the accuracy drop. We all know of the infamous Stone Edge Miss-Hax. You want that to happen every time you use a physical attack?

Nevertheless, Hustle has made many underrated Pokemon threats in UU and RU.

Durant does'nt get Earthquake

Zweilous is prolly a good abuser of Hustle tho
Bleh, that's what I thought, but i checked the analysis and thought "hey, there goes its inability to take on steel types!"

the amalysis should be changed then though if it doesn't get it

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Its a shame this ability has such poor distribution... It has good users in LC, but I mean the only decent mons in OU who get it are Durant and... Togekiss.

Hustle users could use Wide Lens to boost accuracy, although I'm not sure giving up LO or Lefties is worth it if you're not hitting 100% with all of your attacks.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bleh, that's what I thought, but i checked the analysis and thought "hey, there goes its inability to take on steel types!"

the amalysis should be changed then though if it doesn't get it
sorry but what problem is there with the analysis?

Change flamethrower to something like earthquake in your explanation of hustle because flamethrower doesn't get a boost because it's special.

But anyway this isn't a very good ability imo because missing 1/5 times is just terrible and there are no good pokemon to really abuse it.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Change flamethrower to something like earthquake in your explanation of hustle because flamethrower doesn't get a boost because it's special.

But anyway this isn't a very good ability imo because missing 1/5 times is just terrible and there are no good pokemon to really abuse it.
Hone Claws Durant is a great thing with Durant. You're essentially getting a swords dance after a single Hone Claws, plus the accuracy drop is almost canceled out.

Mixed Hustlekiss is an interesting thing, I've tried it and it can screw with people in so many ways, lol

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Zweilous, anybody? Heaviest Outrage in OU and can use Eviolite if it pleases. Other than that its movepool is quite pathetic, but enough to get by. I actually added it to the Gravity guide a few months ago since its Outrage is so beastly and enjoys the accuracy boost for sure.

Edit: lol leave me alone, I just got out of a 3 hour final and am using my phone.

Ok never and i mean never use Zweilous in OU when there is a thing called HAXORUS around, UU maybe.

Oh and if you factor in Rivalry Haxorus actually has the strongest Outrage ever.

Edit: Why not just use a Pokemon with Swords Dance then Jonathanrp and (correct me if im wrong) Hone Claws doesn't get rid of the 20% accuracy drop only like 15% or something.

HC does get rid of the 20% drop

also victory star does work in singles by boosting victini's accuracy aka v-create

Zweilous' Outrage is actually strongest since Rivalry is pretty much unreliable and he's actually pretty cool under TR

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rivalry is pretty terrible. Unreliable at best and leaves Haxorus helpless against Bronzong, and I don't even think Haxorus's Scarf Outrage can OHKO Dragonite at full health without Mold Breaker. Mold Breaker is just such a good ability that there is no reason not to use it. Furthermore, Rivalry doesn't telegraph like Mold Breaker does, so it's obvious when you have it.

And yes, anyone can use something with Swords Dance but you can use that argument against Hustle as a whole, not just against Zweilous. The point of using Zweilous is that its Outrage hits hard on the first turn without a shaky ability to possibly hinder it.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
err, just saying that if we are still talking about Zweilous under Gravity Haxorus is still prolly better (especially since there is not too much difference base attack wise) due to that nice speed and the fact that under Gravity you can still get away with running Rivalry (seeing as under Gravity EQ still hits Bronzong).

Oh yeah and Haxorus can still run Draco Plate / LO if it really wants to beat MultiScale Dragonite

anyway its rather moot seeing as this is a Hustle Discussion rather than a Zweilous discussion. Hustle is an o.k ability but (as pointed out) the acc drop is massive and Gravity is'nt always the best way to fix that. I still like Hone Claws + Hustle as they work pretty well together and on something like Durant its not too hard to get that free turn to boost

Hustle and Rivalry are both very shacky abilitys Hustle for that big miss chance and Rivalry because you can't hit the opposite sex but anyway i was just trying to say that Haxorus Actually has a stronger Outrage if vsing the opposite sex. Also what do you mean by unreliable at best? at best you get a 25% boost which is great. So now that that is over lets get back on the Hustle topic.

P.S Are Hustle and Hone Claws treated differently like 50% then another 50% if so then it is better than Swords Dance.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
P.S Are Hustle and Hone Claws treated differently like 50% then another 50% if so then it is better than Swords Dance.
They use different multipliers so yes Hustle+Hone Claws is quite a tad stronger than only a SD Boost.

Hustle + Hone Claws is 1.5*1.5=2.25x
And SD is a 2x

Actually Zwellous's Outrage is the most powerful in the game even counting Zekrom and Rayquaza's Outrages, and not counting Rivalry Haxorus which is too unreliable and EQ is good in OU to hit x2 these 43543454 levitators weak to Ground(notably Bronzong and Rotom-W), Unaware Quagsire is not going to stop your setup anytime soon, forget to have to hit twice to Sturdy users without SR in field or fully healed, and MultiScale Dragonite and of course, WONDER GUARD SHEDINJA lol, Outrage is an unrealiable attack since it locks in itself, and it is better to avoid it when it is possible.

Actually Zwellous's Outrage is the most powerful in the game even counting Zekrom and Rayquaza's Outrages, and not counting Rivalry Haxorus which is too unreliable and EQ is good in OU to hit x2 these 43543454 levitators weak to Ground(notably Bronzong and Rotom-W), Unaware Quagsire is not going to stop your setup anytime soon, forget to have to hit twice to Sturdy users without SR in field or fully healed, and MultiScale Dragonite and of course, WONDER GUARD SHEDINJA lol, Outrage is an unrealiable attack since it locks in itself, and it is better to avoid it when it is possible.
what is this I don't even

You might want to breath sometimes too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)