I Choose my Luck (OU RMT).

Don't you all just love Theme/Gimmick Teams that actually work in the OU Metagame? I know I sure do, making a team that has a Theme and it actually working and owning is just awesome sauce. Never the less, here is the team:
Overview:

In-Depth look:

The Lead / Physical Tank / SRer

"SwampBeast" Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Standard Lead Pert. Ice Beam is there for Gliscors, Mences, Flygons and whatever else, there is to Ice Beam. I enjoy getting SR up early game to get as much damage as I can on my opponent's Pokemon. Of course, Roar is there for phazing. This is great Sync with Jirach, I can Wish on the switch to a Tran, what can the Tran do to to actually cause damage damage? Just Explode or those rare HP Grass Trans. Of course, Fire Blast / Earth Power does around 30% of my health, but Pert usually has more mid-game, unless you need to sacrifice is for something.

Team Sync:
Grass: Jirachi, Togekiss, Scizor.

---
Second Physical Tank / Confusion Annoyer / Para Hax'er

"2MinToast" Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def / 6 SpAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Confuse Ray
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

My first annoyer and anti spinner. Confuse Ray is there for the Confusion Hax and Discharge is there for the Para Hax. Not much to say.

Team Sync:
Ghost: Togekiss, Scizor.
Dark: Machamp, Scizor.

---
Second Confusion Annoyer / Overall Tank

"FaceOrHeel" Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 244 HP/252 Atk/12 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Payback
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

My second Confusion Annoyer. I thought that the 12 speed is nice on Restalk Champs just to outspeed other Restalk Champs, yeah, that's the only purpose those 2 points serve on this Machamp. Eh, maybe it can outspeed other stuff that I don't know about. I put this on the team mainly for a Tank serving purpose and for the Confusion Hax you can get with Dynamic Punch, plus, this thing hits hard like a tank.

Team Sync:
Flying: Rotom, Jirachi.
Psychic: Jirachi, Scizor.

---
Physical ParaFlincher / Overall Tank / Wisher

"Ihcarij" Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/176 Atk/80 Spd
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Wish
- Thunder Wave

This is my Physical Para Flincher/Wisher. I kinda made this set myself and I took the EVs from Smogon and changed them around. It does well. Fire Punch is there for Skarms and Scizors and other Steel types. Wish is good support for my Pert switch in. I might take out the Speed EVs and put them into Def or SpDef for more bulkiness, unless I find out that I really need those Speed EVs for something. I mean, Thunder Waving is good enough, once you Thunder Wave something, you really don't need Speed EVs.

Team Sync:
Fire: Swampert.
Ground: Rotom, Togekiss.

---
Special ParaFlincher / Special Tank

"Togaykiss" Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/58 SAtk/200 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot / Aura Sphere
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

This is my Special Tank/Special Para Flincher. I enjoy running Nasty Plot over Aura Sphere just for the extra power I can get behind those Air Slash flinches. I might change the EV Spread to 252 HP/ 252 SpDef just because it can take Special Hits better and I can just Nasty Plot up.

Team Sync:
Electric: Swampert, Rotom.
Ice: Scizor, Jirachi.

---
Late Game Sweeper / Revenge Killer

"DoNotRun" Scizor (M) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 204 HP/252 Atk/52 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower / X-Scissors
- Swords Dance
- Roost

I'm starting to like SuperPower on SDRoost Scizor. Eh, does alot of damage to Perts and doesn't afraid of nothing! Anyways, this spread can outspeed those Non-Scarf Magnezones and I can hit them with a SuperPower, even though 9 outta 10 Zones are Scarfed anyways...ah well. I'm sure I can outspeed other stuff with those 52 EVs in Speed. I put this in here just to clean up the scraps at the very end. I might make this more Bulky, if needed.

Team Sync:
Fire: Swampert.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Seems pretty solid and I can't think of many threats that would give you trouble immediately off the top of my head. Go with WoW on rotom though, if it's sleeping, and gyarados gets in that dd against scizor, you'll need that 2/3 chance of taking it down. It's true for most teams, but since yours is so slow, I'd advise being very careful of salamence. Maybe even go with stone edge over payback on champ, it could help with both gyara and mence. Payback is helpful for rotom and latias, but you can cover latias pretty well with rachi and scizor, rotom might be a problem then though. I don't see the point of superpower on scizor, you should be setting up to +6 on things like pert anyways, where brick break, x-scissor, whatever would do enough damage. Regardless, I think sd scizor is very much out of place on this team. Why spend the entire game paralzying stuff and then have your late game sweeper be a priority sweeper? I'd reccomend going with CB to check mence better and handle cm refresh latias, which doesnt care too much about status. Or you can find another late game sweeper, maybe something with a bit more speed that can still take advantage of paralysis.

I love how you base a team purely on annoying the opponent but there are some issues which you need to address.

Problems

MixApe
SD Lucario
Heatran

Description

Basically all of your pokemon die to a MixApe. Grass Knot kills off Swampert, Fireblast kills off Togekiss, Rotom, Jirachi, Machamp with a chance of 2HKOing (gauranteed if Stealth Rocks are down) and Scizor often just runs in fear after seeing an Infernape no matter what it is. Just two moves alone can wreak your team and you have no safe switch in to Infernape. To add to the problem, none of your pokemon can outspeed it. I believe your only answer to Infernape is Togekiss but as mentioned it is 2HKO'ed by Fireblast after you factor in Stealth rocks or a combo of Fireblast on switch and Close Combat will ensure death without stealth rocks.

It is the same story for Lucario. Although your counter to Lucario is Rotom, Rotom is too slow without EVs invested. Lucario laughs at your team after it has taken down your levitating ghost which it can do with ease (Damage: 153 - 180 (Damage: 38.83% - 45.69%)) with a Crunch. So this is a definite 2HKO with SR down.
Swampert, Machamp and Jirachi are no different. Swampert takes Damage: 196 - 231 (Damage: 48.51% - 57.18%) from an unboosted Life Orb'ed Close Combat which ensures a 2HKO with Stealth Rocks damage. Machamp takes a WHOPPING Damage: 302 - 355 (Damage: 78.65% - 92.45%) which is a gauranteed 2HKO. Last but not least your Jirachi takes Damage: 251 - 295 (Damage: 62.13% - 73.02%) and this is all from an unboosted Close Combat. I'm sure you are well aware of the dangers that you recieve from this potent dog.

Heatran on the other hand can threaten you with just 1 move- Fire Blast. Everything on your team is either 2HKO'ed of 1HKO'ed by Heatran's Fireblast apart from Swampert which can live 3 with Stealth Rocks down.
Your special wall, Togekiss, takes Damage: 148 - 175 (Damage: 39.57% - 46.79%) from a Fireblast. This is a 3HKO or a 2HKO when you factorize SR damage.

Solution

There is an easy solution to all of this. You can replace a pokemon with Latias (recommend Togekiss). Latias is a well known counter to Infernape and also provides the bulk you want from Togekiss anyways. Though Latias may miss out on being a ParaFlincher it does get the added bonus of hitting hard and fast. I recommend a Latias with this moveset:

Latias @Lifeorb/ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~Draco Meteor
~Surf
~Thunderbolt / Grass Knot
~Recover.

Surf and Draco Metoer gives Latias almost perfect type coverage on resisted by Empoleon in OU. Surf will always 1HKO a Infernape and 2HKO a Heatran after you factorize SR damage while both can't harm Latias. Even Latias' worst enemy, Tyranitar, takes a heafty chuck. Timid Life Orb Surf will deal 39.11% - 46.53% to a Tyranitar with max HP after the Sandstorm boost.
Lucario really can't do nothing to Latias as well but beware of a +2Extremespeed as it does 62.13% - 73.09% to Latias. Latias can't 1HKO Lucario either unless she gets a crit. A surf only does 63.12% - 74.11% to a Lucario so it needs to be weakened for the KO.

Also as a closing note I would like to recommend that you replace Thunder Wave on Jirachi with Body Slam to allow you to para ground times as well as hitting Jolteon without it healing. You already got Togekiss and Discharging Rotom to utilise T-wave.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I see a lot of weaknesses on this team. As the above user ponted out, every offensive Pokemon carrying stabbed fire moves is gonna give you troubles, a life orb Heatran will make short work of your whole team, specially based mix-Ape is in a similar position. Lucario is a massive problem too, as it doesn't even need a SD to 2hko your whole team. I also see a slight life orb Jolteon weakness, especially if Jolt carries hidden power grass.

I second the suggestion of giving Jirachi body slam over thunder wave, for the aforementioned Jolteon and to hit ground types like Gliscor. I also support Latias but I'd replace Scizor, not Togekiss, as it's part of your team's core. Speaking of Latias, I'd suggest a moveset of: dragon pulse, surf, hidden power fire, recover. Use the standard life orb EV spread. Finally, I'd try Gliscor over Swampert as your lead:

Gliscor@leftovers / yache berry
nature: jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
-earthquake
-stealth rock
-roost
-taunt / u-turn

Gliscor would take care of Lucario and other fighting Pokemon. I slashed yache berry as an optional item just for hp ice Jolteon, because even with Latias on the team, LO Jolt will still be a problem.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
As the people above me have pointed out, Fire types slaughter you. You also have a weakness to other common Pokemon, such as Gyarados. I second Haunter's idea for a Gliscor lead. Gliscor lead automatically checks your weakness to Lucario; the only thing it can do it is the rare Ice Punch, but Gliscor outspeeds Lucario anyway. On Rotom-H, I would definitely put in Will-O-Wisp over Confuse Ray. While Confuse Ray is good for pissing people off, its basically a crappier Sleep; it even heals when the Poke switches out! Will-O-Wisp would be much more benificial to your team, helping you cripple Pokemon that ordinarily switch in on Rotom, such as Tyranitar or Salamence. Also, I would put some of Rotom-H's defensive EVs into Speed (about 56 or so), as it would allow Rotom to beat standard Breloom and Heatran (without a Choice Scarf) to the punch.

Machamp looks fine, standard Rest-Talker. On Jirachi, I would put Body Slam over Thunder Wave. While Thunder Wave has 100% chance of Paralysis, it gives Jolteon some Hp recovery, Electivire a Motor Drive Boost, and all Ground-types are immune to it. Body Slam allows you to hit all of the aformented Pokes, and believe me, 60% paralysis chance occours much more than you would think. The only negative is that you lose the ability to paralyze ghosts; however, Toggaykiss handles them well most of the time. Speaking of Togekiss, I support changing the EV spread to 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 SpD. If you are running Nasty Plot, the extra bulk will allow to to NP more freely, without worrying about KOes.

I would consider replacing Scizor entirely with a Latias. However, I would go for a Choice Scarf Latias, specifically. Scarf Latias can outspeed and OHKO a variety of threats that your team would otherwise struggle with; Dragon Dance Salamence (after one Dragon Dance), Dragon Dance Gyarados (after two Dragon Dances), Nasty Plot Infernape, and Life Orb Gengar. It also has the added bonus of being able to cripple any and all walls that try and stand in its path, especially Blissey. Here is the set:

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest nature (+Special Attack, -Attack)
~ Draco Meteor
~ Trick
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt

The EVs are fairly self explanitory, aiming to maximize Latias's special attack and speed. Draco Meteor is ridiculously high-powered STAB that will wreck almost anything not resistant to it. Trick allows to to destroy stall teams, something that your team looks like it would otherwise have problems with. Surf is a great move here, allowing Latias to OHKO Infernape, and 2HKO Gliscor, Hippowdon, and Heatran. Thunderbolt is reserved almost exclusively for Gyarados, and a OHKO even on the most specially bulky variants. Modest is the preffered nature here, as it provides Latias with a significant power boost (she already has plenty of speed). However, if you find that you want more Speed, then a Timid nature is an option as well.

If you choose to not run Latias, then I would at least go for Superpower on Scizor, as it gives you a reliable way to kill Blissey, plus can do a lot of damage to Pokemon that would otherwise resist Bullet Punch (such as Heatran or Magnezone). Also, Life Orb is a better item, as your Scizor currently has Roost to recover off damage; I would, however, request that you give serious thought to Latias.

Hope I helped, and good luck! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)