ORAS NU i still play bp lol

__
__

Huge shoutout to dEnIsSsS for coming up with Musharna's special move and Kiyo for believing in me and bringing the team to spl

Introduction
Hey guys tennis here, and today I have for you my latest bp creation. It started out with trying to get dEnIsSsS into NU, and ended with baton pass. Who would have thought? dEnIsSsS came up with magic coat musharna so we built the team around that. This team is pretty matchup based but its a lot of fun so who cares!

TEAMBUILDING

After dEnIsSsS and I were set on using magic coat Musharna, we decided to take it in the direction of curse pass. The best curse pass recipients in the tier in our opinion are Sceptile and Drifblim so we went with that. Sceptile and Drifblim complement each other well because Drifblim doesn't care about poison types or toxic spikes, and can help wear down those aforementioned poison types (like Weezing) for Sceptile.

Next, we decided on Skuntank. This pokemon gave us memento support to help Musharna, it gave us a way to trap ghosts to help Musharna, and it gave us a toxic spike absorber. In addition to all of those things, it gave us taunt which further opened the door for Musharna to have free set up.

Mr.Mime was chosen because it provided fast screens, taunt and healing wish. The goal with this team, is memento with Skuntank, or force a situation where Musharna can set up and pass, then wear the team down with either Drifblim or Sceptile, then set up screens, healing wish Musharna and essentially do it all over again.

The last member that we chose was Probopass. The reason for this was because Steelix and Ferroseed were particularly annoying to get past and this made the job of passing and sweeping easier. This pokemon also provided stealth rock for breaking any potential sashes that you may come across when using this team.

An In-Depth Look

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Curse
- Magic Coat
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass
Ah, Musharna. This pokemon is obviously the heart and soul of the team because without it, it's near impossible to win. The ev spread allows it to live 2 specs leaf storms from Sceptile from full easily. The defense is kind of leftover ev's that help vs Tauros and Archeops 1 on 1. Colbur berry because limiting the damage from dark moves really helps Mush get 1 or 2 more boosts under its belt. Now the move we have all been waiting for, magic coat. This move may seem simple, but it is what makes this set go from good, to great. Have you ever had your Musharna pressured by Skuntank? Well not anymore. Magic coat bounces that taunt right back and allows you to boost more and pass safely. You can even bounce back wisps and toxics to help prolong your Musharna's survival.

Sceptile @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
The first of my curse pass recipients has arrived. This pokemon is so threatening when given a boost because of its exemplary coverage options. Barring Weezing, not much stops this thing when at +2. The ev's might look a little wonky but this team was made around Musharna. It isn't supposed to work without it, therefore I figured I would invest fully in hp since I expect to pass curses to this thing. After the unburden boost, you outspeed just about everything you want to.

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Memento
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
Enter Skuntank. All I can say is taunt + memento is too good to pass up when using baton pass haha. Like I said earlier, this pokemon absorbs toxic spikes, traps ghosts that annoy Musharna and gives me better matchup vs stuff like lead Jynx. Note: leading Musharna vs Jynx (or any other sleep user like Vivillon) works 9/10 times because you can bounce back the lovely kiss hehe bwoi. The ev's are just max atk max speed to outspeed stuff like Garbodor and prevent hazards.

Mr. Mime @ Light Clay
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Healing Wish
Mr.Meme is the reason Musharna gets 2 lives per game :D. Similar to Skuntank, the moves this pokemon has to offer are just too good not to use. Dual screens, taunt and healing wish are more than I could ask for when attempting to pass stat boosts. Ev's are just max hp max speed to retain some bulk, but allow you to outspeed slower stuff to get up a screen before you die or prevent hazards.

Drifblim @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
The second of my curse pass recipients is here and lookin fresh. Drifblim's ev's are slightly different compared to Sceptile because Drifblim doesn't quite have such a high base speed to start out with. Investing in speed helps with scarfers after I get my unburden boost. Acrobatics is a given since I lose my item upon switch in, however the rest of the moves were somewhat customizable. I chose knock off since the goal with this pokemon was usually "wear down opponents team, so when I pass again, Sceptile has an easier time." Wisp helps me sub on stuff like Skuntank, Garbodor, Steelix you name it. Sub helps dodge status which is why I have it on Sceptile too.

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock
- Magnet Rise
Last but not least, we have Probopass. This steel trapper and stealth rocker is becoming one of my favorite pokemon to use as of late since people are so dependent on Steelix. Like I said earlier, rocks help break sashes that otherwise could pose a problem to one of my sweepers. HP fire helps beat Steelix and Ferroseed one on one. Magnet Rise is for Steelix once it pops my balloon. The speed is for speed invested Steelix because it would be kind of awkward if they heavy slam me as I switch in, then eq me before I can magnet rise. Thunder Wave because of 2 reasons, 1) why not and 2) because it helps Musharna get more free set up.

Threats
Tauros
- This pokemon is especially threatening since it can get past Probopass fairly easily. The way I deal with this is essentially sack a pokemon, and get Musharna in. I can set up on it easily, however if it is work up, I can only curse once, then I have to pass to Drifblim immediately and go from there.

Rhydon
- Dual Dance Rhydon tears me apart if it sets up enough on Probopass so be careful. Hopefully you can memento on it, or set up a screen to allow Sceptile to live and revenge it.

Conclusion
This team is a ton of fun to use, and surprisingly more successful than you would first think. I hope after reading this RMT, you will spam the fuck out of this team until the NU council decides to suspect Sceptile n_n. I hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading this far! Shoutouts to Alkov for being a top tiel modelatol!

Importable

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Curse
- Magic Coat
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass

Sceptile @ White Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Memento
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Mr. Mime @ Light Clay
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Healing Wish

Drifblim @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock
- Magnet Rise

Quick shoutout to soulgazer who called me "iplaybplol" back in the day. Also another shoutout to Kiyo for using this team in spl and winning with it! Replay: http://puu.sh/nvTyC/10857df775.html

Last edited:

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
I remember building a team around this concept last time Sceptile was in the tier (I think we used White Herb Xatu as well, lol). It's great to see such a unique way of using BP succeed on the highest stage. well done, friend.

Cool team man I really want to try it out! Ive used Probo in the past after Lix dropped for Drag-Mag teams or to help things like Mega Dino/Clef sweep and it was Taunt, Earth Power, Magnet Rise, Stealth rock Probopass. You can prevent Rhydon from setting up, prevent Steelix/Ferro from setting up hazards or Ferro seeding you and you still get good damage on all three with Earth power. Just a suggestion. Maybe Utility of Twave is more important however for this team.

looks like i have a team to use when i hate myself as much as you do

why not run more speed on probopass if you're worried about fast metal snakes, if it's only there for steelix and ferro?

looks like i have a team to use when i hate myself as much as you do

why not run more speed on probopass if you're worried about fast metal snakes, if it's only there for steelix and ferro?
fair point. i think at the time of the teambuilding process i hadnt faced 1 max speed lix so i figured max speed on probo was useless. ill probably change it now tho since the hp really doesnt help vs anything, thx :o

just a little change
change IVs of mr.Mime to 0 to absorb foul plays.
i often found tough time during my team vs nasty plot mismagius if it sets up (whoa !!! i'm new here :P)
as a whole its really really nice time
cheers :D

Very nice team :D Seems like it has revived what I thought was a dead archetype. You've taken Mushy to a new standard, it's even seeing usage in UU.

It seems like it is a little too baton pass and matchup reliant. What do you do when you cant get a baton pass up? A strong breaker like charizard or a solid taunt user like skuntank can really put you in a bad spot, especially since your setup mons have no attacks. In fact it seems as though blimp and sceptile without a boost have a bad time against anything that they share a common weakness to, considering they dont do all that much without setup.

Of course take what I say with a grain of salt, I've never used the team so I don't really know how it functions, but hope I gave you some insight. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)