Gen 5 i wish lindsey buckingham would stop beefing with fleetwood mac

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
title

Anyway hello everyone, I felt like making an RMT because I thought of an excellent Tyranitar nickname. It's very similar to this sample (same six and mostly similar sets) but my version is slightly different and I like playing with it. It's a pretty solid and standard team so I thought it deserved to be showcased. All of the mons are named after Fleetwood Mac songs because Fleetwood Mac is awesome.

:tyranitar:
One could make the argument that Tyranitar is the best Pokemon in BW OU and they would be pretty damn close to correct. It is the cornerstone of damn near every sand team (which is generally recognized as the best playstyle in BW) and offers immense utility checking powerful special attackers and Psychic-types. Originally I had Pursuit / Crunch / Superpower / Stealth Rock on Tyranitar here, but I changed it for reasons mentioned later.

:tyranitar: :latios:
One could make the argument that Latios is the best Pokemon in BW OU and they would be actually correct. Latios offers every team so much in terms of sheer power and defensive utility, helping check Pokemon like Thundurus-T, Keldeo, Breloom, and others. Originally I had Choice Specs on it to nuke everything but I later changed it to Scarf for reasons mentioned later.

:tyranitar: :latios: :excadrill:
I don't really like running sand without a Rapid Spin user because everything just kinda dies too fast and that is no bueno. Excadrill also offers a great offensive presence, as Sand Force in combination with an Adamant nature allow it to really hit hard and notably does a number on Jellicent, the only good spinblocker, which is important for keeping your own mons alive. Ground-types in general are really good in BW right now, and Excadrill is really a no-brainer on many sand teams for its spinning and offensive power.

:tyranitar: :latios: :excadrill: :ferrothorn:
Another contender for the best Pokemon in OU, Ferrothorn is important as it gives you something to switch into opposing Rotom-W and can beat the many powerful Dragon-types in OU. In addition, the utility it provides in terms of Spikes and Knocking Off the opposing Ferrothorn really goes a long way in longer games.

:tyranitar: :latios: :excadrill: :ferrothorn: :rotom-wash:
With a plan to blow holes in the opposing team using Excadrill and Choice Specs Latios, it makes sense to use Rotom-W: BW's resident momentum machine. In addition, it provides a nice check to the Ground-types that otherwise trash this team and a bit of a buffer against... everything. Being able to burn things is helpful as well for taking a bit of pressure off defensively and crippling Ferrothorn so that it dies more quickly and can't set hazards or beat Latios.

:tyranitar: :latios: :excadrill: :ferrothorn: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian:
Everyone knows about the Rotom-W Landorus-T VoltTurn core and how great it is for generating momentum and chipping down the opposing team. Landorus-T gives me another hard-hitting Ground-type (even without investment!) as well as a check to Fighting-types such as Breloom and Terrakion that otherwise threaten the hell out of this team and a true Ground immunity, as there are few things sadder than running into a Mold Breaker Excadrill and taking a hefty chunk every time it comes in. This was originally my Choice Scarf user, but then I realized I would rather have a bit more safety against the aforementioned threats and also allows me to take Stealth Rock off of Tyranitar, giving it more freedom to run Fire Blast and Ice Beam which are way more fun and means Tyranitar isn't my Stealth Rock setter. It also means that Latios is my Choice Scarf user instead of a Specs wallbreaker, but I'm ok with that because hitting Ferrothorn with a Fire Blast from Tyranitar more than makes up for it.

"The night is so black that the darkness cooks"

Green Manalishi (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 SpD
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

The inspiration for this RMT because I just thought this was a really cool nickname for a Tyranitar. Like I mentioned before, it really just provides a ton of utility in terms of checking Psychic-types, Thundurus-T, and the likes. The sand is also extremely helpful for doing stuff such as: making Tentacruel mortal (side note, Pursuiting a Tentacruel is one of Life's Greatest Pleasures), limiting Thundurus-T's Substitutes, shutting down rain, etc. It's really an irreplaceable Pokemon in the metagame as a whole. The only changes I would really consider here would be something like Thunder Wave or some other moves in the last two slots because generally you're just using Crunch or Pursuit. I also will not make it shiny because then the name doesn't work and the name is important.

"Won't you lay me down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff?"

Second Hand News (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
- Dragon Pulse

Choice Scarf Latios is really just an amazing Pokemon. Yeah it lacks the raw power of Specs, but its ability to clean up games and pick off the opponent's Pokemon is absolutely unrivaled. As such, it is incredibly valuable against DragMag teams where their fastest Pokemon is usually another Choice Scarf Latios, which can be picked off by Tyranitar without much trouble. Latios is also the teams best answer to Keldeo, which can require some creative switching otherwise. In addition, it has value as a check to Reuniclus with Trick, leaving Tyranitar healthy to deal with other stuff. The biggest changes I would consider here are Roost / Recover over Dragon Pulse because it has a tendency to die kinda quickly between Stealth Rock and Sand, but Dragon Pulse is super nice for its ability to stay in. In addition, I would consider making it shiny because shiny Latios is cool and it doesn't mess with the nickname.

"I never did believe in miracles"

YouMakeLovingFun (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

I really dislike running teams without Rapid Spin support because I dislike a slow painful death by chip, and Excadrill is definitely the best Rapid Spin user for sand teams. In addition, Excadrill is the hardest hitter on this team and is responsible for carrying the weight for much of the offense. It can sometimes require a bit of prediction to put in a ton of work offensively, especially if the opponent has a few floating Pokemon, but it's really just excellent in so many ways its really a no-brainer on a lot of teams. Also this shiny is gross so definitely not gonna change that.

"Take your silver spoon, dig your grave"

Gold Dust Woman (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Worry Seed

Ferrothorn is another one of those Pokemon that just goes on every single team because its simply amazing. It's one of the sturdiest Dragon resists in the tier which itself is enough of a reason to run it in BW OU, but its ability to set up Spikes and support the team really bring it to another level. Personally, I really love Worry Seed on Ferrothorn as it can force mindgames with Magnezone if you hit it on the switch, messes with Breloom and Gliscor if you can hit them on the switch (another one of Life's Greatest Pleasures), and can mess with Reuniclus that might try to set up on it. Knock Off + Worry Seed + a potential burn from Rotom-W can really go a long way in that department. I might consider running Gyro Ball over Worry Seed, but I just love the general chaos that Worry Seed causes. Also I personally don't love its shiny but if you want to run it that's a fair option here.

"All I want is to see you smile, if it takes just a little while"

Don't Stop (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-W is the resident momentum machine and progress pusher of BW OU, and fits great on this team. Its ability to spam Will-O-Wisp and burn stuff such as Ferrothorn / Amoonguss / whatever they decide to switch into this monster is too good, especially as the next time it comes in it Volt Switches for momentum and more chip. It is also half of what I use to check basically every Ground-type and it can act as a buffer against Keldeo, Volt Switching on it to keep it out. Also a lesser version of Life's Greatest Pleasures that you can pull off with Rotom-W is hitting a Thundurus-T with Hydro Pump on the switch when they're expecting a Volt Switch. Also please don't go shiny here

"Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?"

Landslide (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

The last member of the team, Landorus-T is great because it is at least a soft check to pretty much every physical attacker in the tier. Most notably, it's my best switch-in to Breloom which is otherwise a menace to face between it being immune to burns and smacking everything else for a shitload of damage, and also works as a buffer to Terrakion and others. Also, between it and Rotom-W, there can be quite a lot of VoltTurn shenanigans that wear down the opposing team and keep you a turn ahead of the opponent at all times. A fun little bit of knowledge here is that HP Ice IVs are usually 30 Attack and Defense, but you can drop a point in Speed instead to save yourself the Attack and Defense IVs, so you move 4 over from Defense to Speed and you get a free 1 Attack, which isn't a lot but is still cool. Wouldn't really change anything here, the shiny doesn't offend me but isn't great either.

Anyway, thanks for reading this and have a nice day.

Importable here
:tyranitar: :latios: :excadrill: :ferrothorn: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian:

Hey yo! Looks like a really solid team, I'd personally recommend a few things but you've got a really solid team overall.

1: I'd recommend changing that Worry Seed into something a little more practical, it has it's uses but some Pokemon might just set up all over it if you aren't careful, Gyro Ball should suffice depending on what you are worried about

2: I'd personally change Ice Beam on Ttar to something else, since I'd say it's relatively unreliable, while there is value in hitting targets like Garchomp, I'd say going with something like Superpower or Earthquake would be a tad more reliable

It looks to be a very solid team though, lots of strong members, it should go pretty far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)