I Would Like to Issue a Formal Complaint Against Moderator Abra (Pics Included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping this is the correct forum for a post such as this. If not, feel free to redirect this message there, as I'm new to the forums. But this seemed to be the most appropriate place.

To whom it may concern,

I'll get right to the point. I had an extremely unpleasant encounter with Abra the other day, and I don't think it's the proper way for which a moderator of a public website should behave.

As a somewhat well-known troll by the name of PINK IS AWESOME, I do write the occasional troll post intended to spark a fire in the lobby, typically in the form of questioning religion. I also spent a lot of days asking the lobby chat, "Why did Abra get demoted?" I'm not denying any of that. People will likely post here and say "yeah he writes this shit every day," but it's not every day. People like to exaggerate. It's a couple times a week at most, but I'm on around the same time, so it seems to these people that it's every day because it's the same people seeing the messages.

But this time, instead of my usual religious garbage, I genuinely wanted to engage the lobby in a real and extremely important matter that is facing the United States: Was 9/11 an inside job?

I want to clarify that this was NOT a troll post whatsoever. A friend of mine recently brought some information to light and it has shaped my mind differently, because I'm open-minded enough to accept new information. So, instead of trolling, I wanted to engage in a real, fruitful debate with the lobby, but Abra's view of my past clouded his vision and led him to believe that everything I say is automatically a troll post, just because I've trolled in the past. This was not a troll post, because I am taking the trouble to write a complaint about it, something I did not do with any of my other messages.

I also want to add on that none of my troll lobby messages have ever incited spam, especially this one. I didn't write "jet fuel can't melt dank memes," I didn't write "Deez nuts," I just asked a simple question. It didn't encourage stretching, mass caps, or anything blatantly offensive. It's just a simple question intended to engage the lobby is a lively debate about a real issue.

Anyways, a quick summary before I post all the pictures: I wrote something along the lines of, "Does anyone else believe that 9/11 was an inside job?" That's all. I got a few responses, all of which were neatly written and (generally) friendly. There was no spam, no flaming, nothing outstanding that would warrant a mute. As I began responding, I got a mute from Abra, in which he called me "ignorant and idiotic."

Not only was the mute completely uncalled for, but the message was absolutely unnecessary and extremely insulting. Calling me ignorant because I asked a question is, ironically enough, the ignorant thing to say.

Now, I went to ask Abra via PMs about the mute, but of course, he was blocking private messages, which is a really bad thing to do in terms of moderator accountability. The public deserves to be able to question the moderators' decisions. I had to ask Trickster to contact Abra before I could even begin the conversation. Anyways, attached are screenshots of the conversation, which ultimately ended in Abra ducking away, ignoring my points, and re-blocking PMs. Unfortunately, I lost the first few lines of the conversation, as I may have accidentally overwritten them with the second part. But it began with Abra PMing me saying, "so, I hear you want to have a word with me," or something like that. Mind you, this was AFTER I contacted Trickster, asking him to contact Abra. My response was basically along the lines of the fact that a 60 minute mute for a civil conversation was extreme, and that a redirect would be a more appropriate first measure.

**NOTE** I would like to add that Trickster has always been an extremely sensible moderator, and was very helpful with this situation.

My apologies about having to post so many pictures - There is no way to expand chat windows on Showdown, so I had to take numerous pictures to capture the whole conversation. Again, please note that the beginning few lines are missing (as explained above). The second picture of the lobby chat is my mute and Abra's insulting message.

Last edited:
This was carried put horribly on your part. As far as I know here isnt an exact place to put threads like this but its for damn sure a public forum like this isnt the place. You have a problem with a staff member, fine, its clearly stated in the rules that if you feel a staff member is abusing their power or acting in a way unbefitting of a staff member talk to someone ranked higher. The fact that you didn't makes obvious that you don't read the rules.

Secondly its quite clear you're far from a 'good user' if you admitted the "why did abra get demoted" and religious thing were trolling then why are you so upset when people think the rest of your shit is trolling too? If you troll then try to perpetuate legitimate discussion prepare for people to doubt it. Also if a staff member tells you to drop a topic then drop it. I don't know you but it seems you do this shit often from what others have said so you really don't have a leg to stand on. You saying that a redirect would be more appropriate just proves you knew you were talking about something in the wrong channel and still continued, and then you have the audacity to refute a moderation action.

Using language like "The public deserves to be able to question the moderators' decisions." Won't rally anyone behind your claim. As stated above if you question a staff member's decision PM someone ranked higher. You're also incredibly misinformed, Abra is probably (excluding admins) the most popular user on PS! that being the case he gets hundreds of PMs a day from random people he doesn't know. At a certain point you just have to block PMs.

Trying to cause some sort of public embarrassment by smearing Abra's name in this public forum was a really shitty move too. If you want to take this futile complaint further PM a moderator on the forums, they're the people who deal with this stuff.

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This was carried put horribly on your part. As far as I know here isnt an exact place to put threads like this but its for damn sure a public forum like this isnt the place. You have a problem with a staff member, fine, its clearly stated in the rules that if you feel a staff member is abusing their power or acting in a way unbefitting of a staff member talk to someone ranked higher. The fact that you didn't makes obvious that you don't read the rules.

Secondly its quite clear you're far from a 'good user' if you admitted the "why did abra get demoted" and religious thing were trolling then why are you so upset when people think the rest of your shit is trolling too? If you troll then try to perpetuate legitimate discussion prepare for people to doubt it. Also if a staff member tells you to drop a topic then drop it. I don't know you but it seems you do this shit often from what others have said so you really don't have a leg to stand on. You saying that a redirect would be more appropriate just proves you knew you were talking about something in the wrong channel and still continued, and then you have the audacity to refute a moderation action.

Using language like "The public deserves to be able to question the moderators' decisions." Won't rally anyone behind your claim. As stated above if you question a staff member's decision PM someone ranked higher. You're also incredibly misinformed, Abra is probably (excluding admins) the most popular user on PS! that being the case he gets hundreds of PMs a day from random people he doesn't know. At a certain point you just have to block PMs.

Trying to cause some sort of public embarrassment by smearing Abra's name in this public forum was a really shitty move too. If you want to take this futile complaint further PM a moderator on the forums, they're the people who deal with this stuff.
I don't think reasoning with this guy is gonna work.

tehy

Banned deucer.
if you're being serious

he might've gone a bit overboard, but thinking 9/11 was an inside job is A:really dumb and B: a stance trolls often take. when you consider your other trolling actions, and especially the kind of shitty conversation such a question can spark, is it any wonder he muted you? lobby isn't a great place for serious conversations anyhow tbh

not to mention it's a 60 minute mute, go do something else for an hour?

but i get the feeling you're just trying to bring down auth any time you can, in which case denied

This sort of stuff is best brought to a member of the upper staff (leaders(&) and admins(~)) instead of the general public.

since when were you a mod lol

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gotta look out for my nigga Abra
I got triggered
Who said I need to be a mod to point out an obvious troll making a false claim and smearing the name of another user? Stop fishing for likes, its pathetic.
It's blatantly obvious (and you even say this yourself) that this thread is a troll and will not lead to any actual action being taken by higher ups, so I suggest you get off your high horse and stop taking the bait or "feeding the troll". The fact that you wrote a novel in response to this guy is only giving him attention. Stop white knighting, it's pathetic. Thanks and good luck!

Please stop trying to rile up the people using stupid bait such as this. The general populace knows that Abra is an esteemed lobby driver that cares for all the good users in lobby. I have never seen him use the "mute, then talk" method, nor have I ever thought of him as remotely mute-happy. He is an honest man who would never talk shit about other users, unlike what you're doing right now, and as a fellow Showdown user I am deeply offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)