[ICE] A Psyquic chic in naval warfare (ww versus gerard)

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gym Rules said:
3v3 Gym Singles (GL B6P3)
3 days DQ
Switch = OK
Items = ON
Abilities = All
2 Substitutions
5/5 Chills/Recoveries
No Mega Evolutions
Turn Order = Coin Toss

Arena = Northbrook Island
"Ugh, I've been on this lousy ship for almost five hours now. When are we-"

Your boat comes to a stop. You've finally arrived at your destination. You step out of the slightly dilapidated ship, pay the captain your fare with a half-mumbled thank you, and walk towards the end of the dock. You've heard of a Gym here, and you need to get closer to that Victini, so here you are, wearing 4 layers of clothing and still cold. There's snow all around covering the ground, but there seems to be a path that leads off somewhere into the distance. You look at the captain and confusedly point to it, and the captain slowly nods his head. You shrug and begin down the path.

Approximately a half-mile down the road, you spot a figure, but you swear it has to be an illusion. It looks like a young man walking towards you, but that can't be. Wearing just a sweatshirt over a t-shirt and a pair of jeans in the middle of the Arctic Circle? That's crazy! However, as you approach him, you see that he is in fact real, and it looks like he's actually out for a stroll with a Weavile, obviously his partner.

The strange man looks at you and speaks, in a loud and clear voice, "Hey there! I don't exactly get many people here, and this isn't exactly what you'd call a scenic sight, so I'm guessing you're here for the Gym?" You start to answer, but he cuts you off, saying "No need to answer that. Even my own mother wouldn't pay me a visit out here if she wasn't gonna battle me. Name's waterwarrior by the way. Yes, yes, I know that it's kinda funny that that's my name and I'm the Ice Gym leader, but once you heard how I got that name... nah, you probably don't care in the slightest. Another time maybe. Well, better make this battle worth it then, amiright?"

After walking for about five minutes and chatting with the leader, you come across a small patch of land with a white fence around it. The leader stops and takes a deep breath, but you almost keep going, almost not seeing the arena at all. The gym leader steps over the little fence and walks over to the other side of the field. You look at the field and see the regulation field- two semi-circles in the areas where the trainers stand and a Poké Ball in the middle of the field. Both of you get ready, and waterwarrior raises his hand to the sky and cries out "All right! Let's break the ice!"

Suddenly, a flurry of hail descends on the battlefield. You know this battle won't be easy, but there's no backing out now!
  • Natural weather is Hail with permanent duration. When Hail is active, it deals 4 DPA to all non-Ice types or without some sort of immunity. It also heals 4 HP per action to all Pokémon with the ability Ice Body. If Rain is summoned, the weather becomes Sleet for the duration of Rain. Sleet has both the combined effects of Hail and Rain. If Sun or Sandstorm is summoned without the respective weather stone, the weather becomes clear for 2 rounds before reverting back to Hail. Sun and Sandstorm overwrite Hail and lasts 3 rounds if summoned with the respective weather stone before reverting back to Hail.
  • Leader and Challenger may select a berry from a gym-provided list to give to their Pokemon in addition to a normal held item. (Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Leppa, Lum, Oran, Persim, Figy, Wiki, Mago, Aguav, Iapapa, Sitrus, Razz, Occa, Chople, Charti, Babiri, Enigma) One berry may be chosen per Pokemon. No Pokemon can be holding two berries in this way. Knock Off removes both the normal held item and the berry from the target. If Trick is used, the user can choose to swap both items, just the normal held item, or just the berries (i.e. If a Trick user is holding an Expert Belt/Enigma Berry and the target is holding a Life Orb/Occa Berry, the trick user may exhange both items for both items, the Expert Belt for the Life Orb, or the Enigma Berry for the Occa Berry, but NOT the Expert Belt for the Occa Berry or the Enigma Berry for the Life Orb)
  • There is no external grass, but there is a small pool of water and a pile of rocks in the arena, so moves requiring external water/rocks can be used.
  • Nature Power calls Ice Beam, Camouflage grants Ice typing, Secret Power may Freeze.

I'm warming myself up in a slightly dilapidated cabin when Gerard arrive, looking not-so-chic bundled up within 5 layers of clothing. Yes, that's 5, not 4. For some reason, he kept his foggy spectacles up on his nose, despite the fact that he can barely see through the obscured glasses.

Weavile (Dovahkiin) Male
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Type: Dark/Ice

Abilities: Pressure/Pickpocket (Unlocked)

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 6 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 125
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 21

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
AC: 5/5

Attacks: (87/ 102 total moves)
Physical:
Aerial Ace
Assurance
Avalanche
Beat Up
Bite
Brick Break
Counter
Crush Claw
Dig
Double Hit
Double-Edge
DynamicPunch
Facade
Feint Attack
Fake Out
Feint
Fling
Focus Punch
Foul Play
Frustration
Fury Cutter
Fury Swipes
Giga Impact
Headbutt
Ice Punch
Ice Shard
Icicle Crash
Iron Tail
Knock Off
Low Kick
Low Sweep
Metal Claw
Night Slash
Payback
Poison Jab
Power-Up Punch
Punishment
Pursuit
Quick Attack
Retaliate
Return
Revenge
Scratch
Secret Power
Shadow Claw
Slash
Strength
X-Scissor

Special:
Blizzard
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Rock
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Icy Wind
Mud-Slap
Shadow Ball
Snarl
Surf
Whirlpool

Agility
Assist
Attract
Double Team
Embargo
Endure
Foresight
Hail
Hone Claws
Leer
Mimic
Moonlight
Nasty Plot
Protect
Rain Dance
Reflect
Rest
Screech
Sleep Talk
Snatch
Spite
Substitute
Swagger
Swords Dance
Taunt
Torment
Toxic

Froslass (Wispmonther) Female
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
Type: Ice/Ghost

Abilities: Snow Cloak/ Cursed Body (Unlocked)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 110
Size Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 19

Attacks: (39/ ? total moves)
Physical:
Astonish
Avalanche
Bide
Bite
Headbutt
Ice Shard

Special:
Blizzard
Frost Breath
Hex
Hidden Power Fire
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Icy Wind
Ominous Wind
Powder Snow
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Thunder
Thunderbolt

Block
Confuse Ray
Destiny Bond
Disable
Double Team
Endure
Hail
Leer
Light Screen
Pain Split
Protect
Rest
Sleep Talk
Spikes
Substitute
Taunt
Thunder Wave
Torment
Toxic

Syclant (Klavier Gavin) Male
Nature: Hasty (+15% Spe, -Def, +23% Acc)
Type: Ice/Bug
Abilities: Compoundeyes/ Mountaineer/ Technician (Unlocked)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 4
Spe: 140 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 23

MC: 1

Attacks: (62/ 77? total moves)
Physical:
Acrobatics
Aerial Ace
Avalanche
Brick Break
Bug Bite
Bulldoze
Counter
Dig
Earthquake
Facade
Focus Punch
Frustration
Fury Cutter
Giga Impact
Ice Punch
Ice Shard
Icicle Crash
Icicle Spear
Knock Off
Pin Missile
Return
Rock Slide
Scratch
Slash
Stone Edge
Superpower
U-Turn
X-Scissor

Special:
Blizzard
Bug Buzz
Earth Power
Electroweb
Focus Blast
Giga Drain
Freeze-Dry
Frost Breath
Hidden Power Fire
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Icy Wind
Leech Life
Sheer Cold
Signal Beam
Silver Wind
Struggle Bug
Solarbeam
Venoshock
Water Pulse

Double Team
Endure
Focus Energy
Hail
Leer
Protect
Rest
Sleep Talk
Spikes
Substitute
Swords Dance
Tail Glow
Taunt
Toxic

Glaceon (White Wolfos) Male
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
Type: Ice
Abilities: Snow Cloak / Ice Body (Unlocked)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 65
Size Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 20

Attacks: (40 total)
Physical:
Avalanche
Bide
Bite
Covet
Dig
Flail
Ice Fang
Ice Shard
Quick Attack
Tackle
Take Down

Special:
Blizzard
Frost Breath
Hyper Beam
Hyper Voice
Ice Beam
Icy Wind
Mirror Coat
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Swift
Synchronoise

Baby-Doll Eyes
Barrier
Baton Pass
Double Team
Endure
Growl
Hail
Heal Bell
Helping Hand
Protect
Reflect
Refresh
Rest
Sand-Attack
Substitute
Tail Whip
Toxic
Wish
Yawn

Walrein (The Walrus) Male
Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Ice/ Water
Abilities: Thick Fat/ Ice Body/ Oblivious (Unlcoked)

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 56 (-)
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 19

EC: 9/9

Attacks: (44 total)
Physical:
Aqua Tail
Avalanche
Body Slam
Bulldoze
Crunch
Dive
Earthquake
Facade
Frustration
Giga Impact
Ice Ball
Iron Head
Return
Rock Slide
Super Fang
Waterfall

Special:
Aurora Beam
Blizzard
Brine
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Icy Wind
Powder Snow
Sheer Cold
Signal Beam
Surf
Water Gun

Aqua Ring
Block
Defense Curl
Double Team
Encore
Endure
Growl
Hail
Protect
Rest
Roar
Sleep Talk
Stockpile
Substitute
Swallow
Toxic

Mamoswine (Mr. Freeze) Male
Nature: Jolly (-SpA, +Spe, +10% Acc)
Type: Ice/Ground
Abilities: Oblivious/ Snow Cloak/ Thick Fat (Unlocked)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 92 (80x1.15) (+)
Size Class: 5
Weight Class: 7
Base Rank Total: 20

Attacks: (63/ 77 total moves)
Physical:
Avalanche
Body Slam
Bulldoze
Dig
Double Hit
Double-Edge
Earthquake
Endeavor
Facade
Fissure
Flail
Frustration
Fury Attack
Fury Cutter
Giga Impact
Horn Attack
Ice Fang
Ice Shard
Icicle Crash
Icicle Spear
Iron Head
Knock Off
Peck
Return
Rock Slide
Stone Edge
Superpower
Tackle
Take Down
Thrash

Special:
AncientPower
Blizzard
Earth Power
Freeze-Dry
Hidden Power Fire
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Icy Wind
Mud-Slap
Mud Bomb
Powder Snow

Amnesia
Attract
Block
Double Team
Endure
Hail
Light Screen
Mist
Mud Sport
Odor Sleuth
Protect
Rain Dance
Reflect
Rest
Roar
Sandstorm
Scary Face
Sleep Talk
Stealth Rock
Substitute
Swagger
Toxic

Wilde (Gallade) {♂}
Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Psychic / Fighting

• Psychic STAB; Can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-Type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
  • Fighting STAB; Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw.
Abilities: Steadfast / Justified (H)
  • Steadfast: (Passive) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases Speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This Speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.
  • Justified: (Passive) This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-Type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by another Pokemon's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.
Atk: 5
Def: 3
SpA: 4 (+)
SpD: 4
Spe: 69 (-)
SC: 4
WC: 6
BRT: 22

Attacks (129/129)

Aerial Ace
Ally Switch
Attract
Body Slam
Brick Break
Bulk Up
Bulldoze
Calm Mind
Captivate
Charge Beam
Charm
Close Combat
Confide
Confuse Ray
Confusion
Cut
Dazzling Gleam
Defense Curl
Destiny Bond
Disable
Double Team
Double Edge
Drain Punch
Dream Eater
Dual Chop
Earthquake
Echoed Voice
Encore
Endure
Facade
False Swipe
Feint
Fire Punch
Flash
Fling
Focus Blast
Focus Punch
Frustration
Fury Cutter
Future Sight
Giga Impact
Grass Knot
Growl
Grudge
Headbutt
Heal Pulse
Helping Hand
Hidden Power Rock
Hyper Beam
Hyper Voice
Hypnosis
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Imprison
Knock Off
Leaf Blade
Leer
Light Screen
Low Kick
Low Sweep
Lucky Chant
Magic Coat
Magic Room
Magical Leaf
Mean Look
Memento
Mimic
Misty Terrain
Mud Slap
Natural Gift
Night Slash
Nightmare
Pain Split
Poison Jab
Power-Up Punch
Protect
Psych Up
Psychic
Psycho Cut
Psyshock
Rain Dance
Recycle
Reflect
Rest
Retaliate
Return
Rock Slide
Rock Smash
Rock Tomb
Round
Safeguard
Secret Power
Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak
Shock Wave
Signal Beam
Sing
Skill Swap
Slash
Sleep Talk
Snatch
Snore
Stone Edge
Stored Power
Strength
Substitute
Sunny Day
Swagger
Swift
Swords Dance
Synchronoise
Taunt
Telekinesis
Teleport
Thief
Thunder Punch
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Torment
Toxic
Trick
Trick Room
Vacuum Wave
Will-O-Wisp
Wish
Wonder Room
Work Up
X-Scissor
Zen Headbutt
Lamarche (Mollux) {♂}
Nature: Bold (+1 Def, -1 Atk)
Type: Fire / Poison

• Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic status. Absorb Toxic Spikes on switch-in unless Flying-Typed or using the ability Levitate. -- Accuracy when using Toxic, Poison Gas, or Poison Powder, hitting even during Dig, Fly, etc. Ignore Fog's accuracy reduction. Store Command.
  • Fire STAB; immune to burn status. Brighten Command.
Abilities: Dry Skin / Illuminate (H)
  • Dry Skin: (Passive) This Pokemon has spongy, yet sensitive skin, causing it to burn in bright sunlight for damage but absorb water and heal damaged tissues in rain. This effect results in dealing two (2) damage/action to this Pokemon in sunlight and recovering two (2) HP/action in rain. In addition, the dry skin is very vulnerable to flames and the Base Attack Power of incoming Fire attacks is increased by two (2). The Pokemon absorbs the damage of water attacks and recovers 25% of HP the damage that would have been inflicted.
  • Illuminate: (Toggle) No default effect. When toggled, this Pokemon emits a continuous light that brightens the environment and makes it easier for all Pokemon to see. While this ability is active, any darkened or twilight state in the battle is negated and all moves used by any Pokemon (friend or foe, or itself) have their accuracy increased by 10% (flat). Boosts from multiple Illuminates do not stack.
Atk: 1 (-)
Def: 4 (+)
SpA: 5
SpD: 4
Spe: 76
SC: 3
WC: 3
BRT: 20

EC: NA

Attacks (73/73)

Acid
Acid Armor
Acid Spray
Aqua Ring
Attract
Belch
Bide
Bind
Bug Bite
Calm Mind
Charm
Clear Smog
Confide
Confuse Ray
Dazzling Gleam
Double Team
Ember
Eruption
Explosion
Façade
Final Gambit
Fire Blast
Fire Spin
Flame Charge
Flamethrower
Flash
Frustration
Gastro Acid
Giga Impact
Gunk Shot
Heal Bell
Heal Pulse
Heat Wave
Helping Hand
Hidden Power Ice
Hyper Beam
Inferno
Infestation
Iron Defense
Knock Off
Lava Plume
Light Screen
Moonlight
Overheat
Protect
Rain Dance
Rapid Spin
Recover
Rest
Return
Round
Sleep Talk
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Snatch
Snore
Solarbeam
Stealth Rock
Substitute
Sunny Day
Swagger
Thief
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Toxic Spikes
Trick
Venon Drench
Venoshock
Water Gun
Will-o-Wisp
Withdraw

Mirage (Bronzong) {O}
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Steel / Psychic

• Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm damage, immune to Poison/Toxic status, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, making them susceptible to Poison-Type attacks and Poison/Toxic Status.
  • Psychic STAB; Can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-Type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
Abilities: Levitate / Heatproof / Heavy Metal (H)
  • Levitate: (Passive) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-Type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit.
  • Heatproof: (Passive) This Pokemon's mirror-like alloyed skin protects it from Fire-Type attacks, reducing the Type effectiveness of Fire-Typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.) The damage inflicted by burns is also cut in half.
  • Heavy Metal: (Passive) The Pokemon's body structure is immensely dense, doubling its actual weight. Adds two (2) Base Attack Power to all Weight-Based Attacks. Adds Base Attack Power to Gyro Ball equal to half (0.5x) the Pokemon's Weight Class, rounded up.
Atk: 4 (+)
Def: 5
SpA: 3
SpD: 5
Spe: 28 (-)
SC: 3
WC: 5 (8)
BRT: 19

Attacks (66/72)

AncientPower
Block
Bulldoze
Calm Mind
Confuse Ray
Confusion
Double Team
Dream Eater
Earthquake
Endure
Explosion
Extrasensory
Facade
Faint Attack
Flash
Flash Cannon
Frustration
Future Sight
Giga Impact
Grass Knot
Gravity
Gyro Ball
Heal Block
Heavy Slam
Hidden Power Ground
Hyper Beam
Hypnosis
Imprison
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Light Screen
Metal Sound
Payback
Protect
Psych Up
Psychic
Psywave
Rain Dance
Recycle
Reflect
Rest
Return
Rock Polish
Rock Slide
Rock Smash
Rock Tomb
Rollout
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Skill Swap
Sleep Talk
Snore
SolarBeam
Stealth Rock
Substitute
Sunny Day
Swagger
Tackle
Telekinesis
Toxic
Trick
Trick Room
Wonder Room
Zen Headbutt

I suppose I can bring this mini coal furnace out, can't I?
RNG Roll (TURN) [1 LEADER ; 2 CHALLENGER]: 2 (CHALLENGER)

Gerard leads
waterwarrior pounces
Gerard crouches
I reff

....................Well, we're finally here, how exiting, the white snow, the cold breeze, the chunk of ice the size of baseballs coming down on us like a very pissed pitcher, ok that last one might hurt a lot but at least we're finally in here, and Wilde, you're the one that will lead us towards our victory, we should be able to deal with anything mother nature has, just be careful some of this mons seem a bit tricky, keep your guard up!

Expert Belt & Enigma Berry

Gallade itself isn't all that bad.
When it has a maxed movepool... Well that's another story.

However, the time to complain is over! Wispmother @ NeverMeltIce/ Enigma Berry, I know you're up against a tough opponent, and you may not be able to pull through, but you need to get out there and do your best!

Blizzard -> Ice Beam -> Blizzard
If Knock Off AND you are faster, change that action to Substitute (25) and push back. Only activate once.
If Sunny Day AND you are not taunted AND Gallade is not taunted AND you are faster, change that action to Taunt

Last edited:

....................This seems like a potentially dangerous opponent, even though her stats may not seem improvise at first sight, if you ever played uu you know how much a pain in the arch does Snow Cloak really is. Still, even though the weather is against us we can change the field to our side, since Froslass is faster than us, no reason to not use that to our advantage. First set up Trick Room, that will both allow us to move first and give us a useful boost in accuracy to counter that cloak, all while Wispmother remains faster than us and thus activating her substitute A2, which we're gonna take further advantage by asking her a repetition of such a wonderful act as creating a snow-woman. This should be enough to make up for the potential loss to the icy winds.

Wilde: Trick Room ~ Knock Off ~ Encore
* If Knock Off wouldn't trigger Whispmother sub then use Light Screen A3

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
This arena suspiciously reminds me of Glacier's ideas...

EDIT: IRC confirms Gerard's notion that Trick Room reverses perception of space-time and speed, not space-time itself. This will probably spell death to future "IF you are faster" subs. Knock Off miss is my fault.

Leader waterwarrior’s team: A--

En: 100
Ranks: 2/3/4/3
Stats: N/A
Other: N/A​

Challenger Gerard's team: AOO

Ranks: 5/3/4/4

Arena: Northbrook Island​

Despite ww's friendly advice, I walked out with only 3 layers of clothing, following the Sila of my teachers before me. The heavy hailstorm would have impaired my vision a lot, except that Juvia, the Froslass following me, used her innate abilities to reduce the intensity of the blizzard around me. I've also put on a pair of goggles lent by ww, which provides me a good view to spectate the match. His own Froslass, Wispmother, starts out all offensive despite being a modest maiden, using the weather to her advantage as Gerard's Gallade, Wilde, get repeatedly blown by Blizzards. Gerard tried concocted a plan that slows Wispmother-Froslass down as the time-space conundrum shifted, turning the snowfall into speeds of molasses with a Trick Room. But then, as Wilde-Gallade lunged to Knock Off Wispmother-Froslass' Nevermelt Ice, the latter barely - just barely - failed to Substitute a decoy in time! Amazingly, Wispmother-Froslass still managed to take a bite out of the Enigma Berry before it flew off towards Gerard's side of the field. Bewildered but not unexpected, Gerard ordered Wilde-Gallade to simply Encore the move, buying himself some time as ww is further frustrated by the hailstones that simply... stopped in midair.

Action 1:
Froslass used Blizzard!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 2252/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=1000 EFFECT]: 3263/10000 (NO)
11+3+(6-6)+4 = 18 damage (Gallade)
-7 energy
Gallade used Trick Room!
The space-time dimensions within the arena are warped!
Arena changes: Trick Room 4r
-9 energy

Post Action:
-4 HP due to Artic Hail (Gallade)

Action 2:
Gallade used Knock Off!
RNG Roll (HIT) [<=9000 HIT]: 8566/10000 (HIT)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 6589/10000 (NO)
[10+2+(7.5-4.5)]*1.5 = 22.5 damage (Froslass)
Froslass' Enigma Berry restored some lost health!
+10 HP (Froslass)
Froslass' items are knocked off!
Other changes: NeverMelt Ice, Enigma Berry
RNG Roll (CURSED BODY) [<=3000 CURSED]: 5770/10000 (NO)
-7 energy
Froslass Substitute!
Froslass created a decoy of itself!
Other changes: Substitute 25HP (Froslass)
-24 energy

Post Action:

Action 3:
Gallade used Encore!
RNG Roll (HIT) [<=9000 HIT]: 80/10000 (HIT)
Froslass is encored into using Substitute!
Other changes: Encore 2a (Froslass)
RNG Roll (CURSED BODY) [<=3000 CURSED]: 7210/10000 (NO)
-10 energy
Froslass Substitute!
But it failed!
-24 energy

Post Action:
Arena changes: Trick Room 3r
Other changes: Encore 1a (Frolslass)

Post Round:
Froslass: -37.5 HP, -55 EN
Gallade: -30 HP, -26 EN

HP: 62
En: 45
Other: Encore 1a, Substitute 25HP

HP: 70
En: 74

Arena: Northbrook Island (Trick Room 3r)​

Check through the calcs just in case
Gerard decides Switch phase
ww responds
I reff

Last edited:
Trick room grants -spe mons a flat +10 acc boost so Knock Off hits. It should have activated WW sub too since froslass is faster than Gallade (as trick room doesn't affect speed but rather the order in which the mons move)

....................This seems like a potentially dangerous opponent, even though her stats may not seem improvise at first sight, if you ever played uu you know how much a pain in the arch does Snow Cloak really is. Still, even though the weather is against us we can change the field to our side, since Froslass is faster than us, no reason to not use that to our advantage. First set up Trick Room, that will both allow us to move first and give us a useful boost in accuracy to counter that cloak, all while Wispmother remains faster than us and thus activating her substitute A2, which we're gonna take further advantage by asking her a repetition of such a wonderful act as creating a snow-woman. This should be enough to make up for the potential loss to the icy winds. We don't wan't to overexhaust ourselves.

Wilde: Skill Swap [Wispmother's Snow Cloak & Gallade's Steadfast] ~ Taunt ~ Wish
* If Wispmother, succesfully, uses a Protective or Evasive move then use Wish (once) and push actions
* If Wispmother uses Blizzard A2 or A3 & she's not under the effect of Torment then use Torment once, and push actions

Gah... goddamnit... Simple Trick Room just completely destroyed Wispmother entirely... You're GONNA PAY! ...Eventually. Not right now, as I'm kinda screwed atm. However, I definitely don't want that Wish to happen and we're going to switch out next round anyway, so have fun burning your EN away now, Gallade!

Substitute (25) -> Ice Beam -> Blizzard

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
EDIT: Fixed Gallade's post-round HP.

En: 45
Other: Encore 1a, Substitute 25HP

HP: 70
En: 74

Arena: Northbrook Island (Trick Room 3r)​

ww's pun of the round: "You're GONNA PAY! ...Eventually. Not right now, as I'm kinda screwed atm."

Anyway, Wispmother-Froslass continue to make a third green doll, oblivious to the fact that Wilde-Gallade had already stolen the lustre of her snowy gown, and hid himself well in the Artic hailstorm. All of a sudden the voices rang out in the hail, stopping Wispmother-Froslass from knitting another toy. The voices warned her about her vulnerability, her past, her victims, her inner spectre... seeing her distress, waterwarrior tries to calm her down, but Taunted and Tormented by the ululations, both in the hail and in her head, Wispmother-Froslass held her head, desperately firing an Ice Beam... which connects with her foe! With a grunt, Wilde-Gallade had to cease his mental attacks, appearing in the hail for a moment, before vanishing again.

"Fuuu, that is one nasty attack..."

<"Indeed. It is not the blade that injures the deepest, but the demons in our own souls. Are you alright as well, Juvia?">

"It... does brings back... memories. But those aren't mine anymore. Not after I met Gray."

<"... Love... and yet...">

Action 1:
Gallade used Skill Swap!
Gallade swapped Abilities with Froslass!
Other changes: Steadfast (Froslass)
Other changes: Snow Cloak (Gallade)
-6 energy
Froslass used Substitute!
But it failed!
-24 energy

Post Action:
Other changes: Encore 0a (Frolslass)

Action 2:
Gallade used Taunt!
Froslass is taunted into a fury!
Other changes: Taunt 6a (Froslass)
-10 energy
Froslass used Ice Beam!
RNG Roll (HIT) [<=8000 HIT]: 7097/10000 (HIT)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 3974/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=1000 EFFECT]: 4906/10000 (NO)
9+3+(6-6) = 12 damage (Gallade)
-5 energy

Action 3:
Gallade used Torment!
Other changes: Torment 6a (Froslass)
-10 energy
Froslass used Blizzard!
But it failed!
-7 energy

Post Action:
Arena changes: Trick Room 2r
Other changes: Taunt 4a, Torment 5a (Froslass)

Post Round:
Froslass: -36 EN
Gallade: -12 HP, -26 EN

En: 9
Other: Encore 1a, Substitute 25HP, Taunt 4a, Torment 5a, Steadfast​

HP: 58
En: 48
Other: Snow Cloak​

Arena: Northbrook Island (Trick Room 2r)​

waterwarrior initiates Switch
Gerard responds
I reff

Last edited:
This may not be my smartest move, but Mr. Freeze @ Rare Candy/ Engima Berry, come on out and dish out some damage to our friend here!

................... I'm a vegetarian but that mamoswine sure looks tasty. Anyway I see no reason to retreat if we can keep fighting. Fell free to order, we'll be awaiting your commands.
Expert Belt & Enigma Berry (2/2)

Feck, sorry sorry sorry sorry soorrrrryyyy!! /me continues apologizing for being late for 10 minutes

And now, to order first against a max Gallade... in Trick Room... with Snow Cloak... Meep doesn't begin to describe it. Let's try to keep it simple and see where it goes.

Earthquake -> Icicle Crash -> Earthquake
If Earthquake is Imprisoned, change all remaining uses of Earthquake to Dig
If Pain Split, change that action to Protect. Do not use consecutively.

Let's see how this goes wrong...

....................Keep it simple in here, while it would be my wish for you to rest a bit this round it's gonna be harder than I anticipated. Wilde you've done a wonderful job so far so I'll have to ask you to keep pushing it, you'll have to delay chilling a bit for one round, but in exchange we can take a good chunk of our health back. First is first though, using your powerful mental powers elevate yourself so that Mr. Freeze cannot touch you, and the proceed to make him repeat his attack. Over and over again. Just then strike and rob him from his precious energy.

Wilde: Telekinesis [Self] ~ Encore ~ Pain Split
* If Encore Misses A2 then use Chill A3

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Leader waterwarrior’s bench: BA-

Leader waterwarrior’s team: BA-

Spe: 92 (+10%)
Ranks: 5/3/2/2

En: 48

Arena: Northbrook Island (Trick Room 2r)​

And this round, Mr. Freeze came stamping about, huffing and puffing and wanting to Shake his booty against the ground. But Wilde was too dignified to dance the Frozen Cha-cha, so he simply Telekinese up in the air before giving the left-footing Mamoswine a very, very slow applause. But it seems Mr. Freeze took that as a compliment, proceeding to give an Encored performance until it was all tired out. Ww's eyes did not missed anything though - he saw the strings of life force being spun and redrawn in the snow, courtesy of Wilde's Pain Split attack. But the Gallade is now running low on fuels, and faced with Mr' Freeze's enthusiastic invitations, how long can he keep his back on the club walls?

Action 1:
Gallade used Telekinesis!
Gallade telekineses itself up in the air!
Other changes: Telekineses 6a (Gallade)
-6 energy
Mamoswine used Earthquake!
But it missed Gallade!
-7 energy

Action 2:
Gallade used Encore!
RNG Roll (HIT) [<=9000 HIT]: 2839/10000 (HIT)
Mamoswine is encored into using Earthquake!
Other changes: Encore 2a (Mamoswine)
-10 energy
But it missed Gallade!
-7 energy

Action 3:
Gallade used Pain Split!
Both Gallade and Mamoswine shared their vitality!
-25HP (Mamoswine)
+25HP (Gallade)
-23.333 energy
But it missed Gallade!
-7 energy

Post Action:
Arena changes: Trick Room 1r
Other changes: Encore 0a (Mamoswine)

Post Round:
Mamoswine: -25 HP, -21 EN
Gallade: +25 HP, -39.333 EN

HP: 85
En: 79
Ranks: 5/3/2/2

HP: 83

Arena: Northbrook Island (Trick Room 1r)​

Gerard chills
ww freezes
I keep warm

....................Amazing job Wilde, you've earned yourself some rest, but just take a minute to remind Mr. Freeze not to mess you up, this should ensure you are not shoot down this round and leaves us in a great place to start next round, it's not gonna be easy but we can't let our advantage go to waste

Wilde: Knock Off ~ Chill ~ Chill
* If Mr. Freeze uses a Giga Impact combo A2 or A3 then change your actions to Chill - Reflect - Chill
* If Mr. Freeze uses a Protective or Evasive move A1 then use Chill and push actions

Well we have a 50% chance of getting rid of that Gallade now, and it's better than anything else we can do.

Swagger -> Stealth Rock -> Roar

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Added Telekinesis 3a to pre-round stats.

EDIT: I'd rather Mollux taking SR damage pre-next round, to be consistent with cases of manual switch-ins. Yes I know there are some flaws in that logic, but we'll deal with that when it comes okay. Fixed Gallade's EN though.

HP: 85
En: 79
Ranks: {6}5/3/2/2

HP: 83
Other: Snow Cloak, Telekinesis 3a

Arena: Northbrook Island (Trick Room 1r)​

Again employing the hyped Knock Off tactics, Wilde swiftly swipes the snacks out of Mr. Freeze's mouth. But the Mamoswine simply responds with a mocking trumpet, Swaggering about that the Gallade is too tired to fight anyway. Wilde tries to accept the fact and Chill, but soon gets too confused that he tripped and whacked his head on a stalagmite. Meanwhile, ww orders Mr. Freeze to use his contingency Hazard Phase tactics, though with Ice-type's plethora of weakness, and the team disadvantage towards Gerard in general, it may turn out to bemore of a standard Offensive Hazard play.

Action 1:
Gallade used Knock Off!
RNG Roll (HIT) [<=9000 HIT]: 4737/10000 (HIT)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 4007/10000 (NO)
10+(7.5-4.5) = 13 damage (Mamoswine)
Mamoswine's items are knocked off!
Other changes: Rare Candy, Enigma Berry (Mamoswine)
-7 energy
Mamoswine used Swagger!
RNG Roll (HIT) [<=7000 HIT]: 3030/10000 (HIT)
Gallade's Attack rose sharply!
Gallade is confused!

RNG Roll (CONFUSION) [1 SLIGHT ; 2 SEVERE ; 3 INTENSE]: 1 (SLIGHT)
Status changes: Confused 2a (Gallade)
-7 energy

Action 2:
Gallade used Chill!
RNG Roll (SELF-HIT) [<=5000 SELF-HIT]: 5231/10000 (NO)
Gallade recovered some spent energy!
+12 energy
Mamoswine used Stealth Rock!
Rock's are spread around Gallade's side of the field!
Other changes: Stealth Rock (Gallade)
-12 energy

Action 3:
Gallade hit itself in confusion!
RNG Roll (SELF-HIT) [<=5000 SELF-HIT]: 2219/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 3034/10000 (NO)
4+(7.5-4.5)+(2*2) = 11 damage (Gallade)
-3 energy
Mamoswine used Roar!
(-6 Priority)
Gallade is forced out of battle!
RNG Roll (PHAZE): 1 (MOLLUX)
Mollux is forced into battle!
-7 energy

Post Action:
Arena changes: Trick Room 0r

Post Round:
Mamoswine: -13 HP, -26 EN
Gallade: -11 HP, +2 EN

HP: 72
En: 53

Challenger Gerard's team: BAO

Ranks: 1/4/5/4

En: 11

Gerard equips Mollux
ww decides Switch
Gerard counters
I reff

Last edited:

....................Ahh, that's a relief, Wilde might be tired but he is alive at least and even though this isn't the situation I wanted to be in but at least we can try to survive this round, here have an Air Balloon and othe of this black berries everyone is crazy about, It's not gonna be easy but at least we should be able to make it.

Air Balloon & Enigma Berry

No Trick Room, Gallade out, and a VERY favorable match-up for like the first time as a GL. I ain't even mad Gallade is still alive (unless of course, Gerard finds a way to fuck me over, in which case I am very mad).

Knock Off -> Earthquake -> Earthquake
If successful P/E, Chill and push back
If Bide, change remaining actions to Chill -> Block -> Knock Off

....................Sadly, in this situation there's not much we can do. A shame but there's always next round.

Air Balloon & Enigma Berry
Lamarche: [Activate Illuminate] Protect ~ Rapid Spin ~ Protect

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Fixed Mamoswine's items being knocked off. Also added Stealth Rock for the pre-round.
EDIT: Fixed Artic Hail damage.

En: 11

En: 53

Other: Stealth Rock

Faced against an impossibly tough opponent, Lamarche the Mollux had no other choice but to remain on the defence, Spinning out the painful rocks that troubled her in exchange for losing her own items to Mr. Freeze's attack Knocking her over. Meanwhile the Mamoswine took his time, leisurely Chilling out as Lamarche uses up her energy. What happens next is a no-brainer, unless Gerard chooses to surprise?

Mollux is hurt by the stealth rocks!
-
15 HP (Mollux)
Mollux activated Illuminate!
The arena became brighter!
Arena changes: Illuminate

Action 1:
Mollux used Protect!
(+4 Priority)
Mollux protected itself from any incoming attacks!
-7 energy
Mamoswine used Chill!
Mamoswine regained some spent energy!
+12 energy

Post Action:
-4 HP due to Artic Hail (Mollux)

Action 2:
Mamoswine used Knock Off!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 9867/10000 (NO)
10+(9-4.5) = 14.5 damage (Mollux)
Mollux's items are knocked off!
Other changes: Air Balloon, Enigma Berry (Mollux)
-7 energy
Mollux used Rapid Spin!
RNG Roll (HIT) [<=9000 HIT]: 7859/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 2428/10000 (NO)
4+(1.5-4.5) = 1 damage (Mamoswine)
Stealth Rocks are spun off Mollux's side of the field!
Other changes: Stealth Rock (Mollux)
-6 energy

Post Action:

Action 3:
Mollux used Protect!
(+4 Priority)
Mollux protected itself from any incoming attacks!
-7 energy
Mamoswine used Chill!
Mamoswine regained some spent energy!
+12 energy

Post Action:

Post Round:
Mamoswine: -1 HP, +17 EN
Mollux: -41.5 HP, -20 EN

HP: 71
En: 70

En: 80

Arena: Northbrook Island (Illuminate)​

Gerard burns Switches
ww freezes counters
I reff

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)