identifying hacked pokemon?

oh, one other thing to add. I was NEVER able to let it look fully "legit" on my end, only if it looked traded would it. so if you ever go into a trade (cant do on GTS =/) for a pokemon, see if the "Apparently" is there, if it is. its prolly hacked. but if it isn't the person's, it's prolly legit or theyre really smart.
The "apparently" on FRLG was the same for all and actually part of the game, not a reflection of hacking.

In the long run, hackers could just make all the pokemon with legit stats, cover their tracks and no one, not even Nintendo will be able to tell the difference. With hackers flooding the GTS with "legit" hacked pokemon, just expect WiFi battles and tournaments to look a lot like NetBattle. It's not so bad when you think about it. Hardcore RPG players can still have fun breeding and beating the game over and over and the hardcore competitive crowd won't have to invest hundreds of hours to develop a great team.

As long as the stats don't exceed the theoretical maximum, I don't see any reason to worry about it. Chances are if kids are JUST hacking, they won't know how to use their pokemon properly to win battles anyways.

Ciro's Pokemon Maker. All you have to do is use that and it makes pretty custom "legit" looking pokemon.

You can't tell if the hacker does a decent job and takes an extra 2 minutes to check everything over.

One thing I've wondered. What if you hack a pokemon, then breed it? If you use the baby of the hacked pokemon, would the baby also count as a hack, or would it be considered legit?

One thing I've wondered. What if you hack a pokemon, then breed it? If you use the baby of the hacked pokemon, would the baby also count as a hack, or would it be considered legit?
I'd say that it would be legit, but I have another question: if a pokemon IVs can be hacked to be over 31, when you breed, can the over 31 IVs be passed down to the new pokemon? Will it cap at 31? Or give it a random number (just like how a normal IV that isn't passed down from the parents is)?

Or am I terribly wrong and no IVs from the parents are passed down?

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
I think its a total of 3 IVs are handed down from either parent. The other 3 are random.

Can you guys tell me if my manaphy which I got from a guy through wifi trade is legit? The trainer memo says:
Timid nature
Feb. 23, 2007
Lovely Place
Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv.5.
Alert to sounds.
Likes sweet food.

Usually, event pokemon (Jirachi/Celebi/etc.) will have a specific OT and trainer ID. For Jirachi this is WISHMKR, 00010. For Celebi it is 10 ANIV, 20043. These are the most common versions of these two pokemon, so if your Jirachi says something different like JOHN or something, it's hacked (yes there are other variants like CHANNEL, etc.).
Just a minor correction here, but I believe it's 20043 for Jirachi and 00010 for Celebi; at least that's what my legit versions say along with the OT's.

Can you guys tell me if my manaphy which I got from a guy through wifi trade is legit? The trainer memo says:
Timid nature
Feb. 23, 2007
Lovely Place
Alert to sounds.
Likes sweet food.
The only way to obtain Manaphy is to hatch an egg from Pokemon Ranger, so that's fake. For reference, mine says:
Relaxed nature.
May 18, 2007
Pokémon Ranger
Egg arrived.
May 18, 2007
Route 210
Egg hatched.
Fateful encounter.
Quick to flee.

The only way to obtain Manaphy is to hatch an egg from Pokemon Ranger, so that's fake. For reference, mine says:
Relaxed nature.
May 18, 2007
Pokémon Ranger
Egg arrived.
May 18, 2007
Route 210
Egg hatched.
Fateful encounter.
Quick to flee.
Correct. I also have a Manaphy and it says the exact same thing. If you don't see Pokemon Ranger in Red text and egg hatched in black text, it's fake.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Correct. I also have a Manaphy and it says the exact same thing. If you don't see Pokemon Ranger in Red text and egg hatched in black text, it's fake.
Incorrect. Manaphy was ALSO given out as a pokemon in Japan at Lv.5, holding a King's Rock, and its trainer is "Mizunotami" (in hiragana)

Variation

Relaxed nature.
May 18, 2007
Pokémon Ranger
Egg arrived.
May 18, 2007
Route 210
Egg hatched.
Fateful encounter.
Quick to flee.
As I said earlier, the only slight variation takes place if the egg was traded before hatching. Unless I'm mistaken, the alternate readout is:

Gentle nature.
Mar. 17, 2007
Link trade
Egg obtained.
Mar. 25, 2007
Route 210
Egg apparently hatched.
Fateful encounter.
Quick tempered.

(Portions in red reflect the in-game text that is red on my Manaphy's status screen).

Timid nature
Feb. 23, 2007
Lovely Place
Alert to sounds.
Likes sweet food.
It's Legit alright. If it's Japanese.

i notice something odd with hack pokemons. i got a jirachi from GTS, i know it is hack cause the ot is some guy other than wishmaker. when i deposite that jirachi in gts, then i check the summary, afterwards i press b. then summary became deposit, as it i never left a pokemon there. i tried this with a lv 20 mew, same result. maybe that is a way of telling if the pokemon is hacked?

No, that's a general GTS glitch. Your game forgets that its uploaded something I guess. This happens to me all the time with hatched eggs, and really anything put up. It happens more often after I search alot and then go back to summary.

Mew inside pokeball (Shiny)

Timid nature
May13,2007
Hoenn
Arrived at Lv. 10.

Strongly defiant.
Likes sweet food.

Dex #- 151
Name- Mew
OT- MYSTRY
Id No.- 06930

It has this red star near it picture. Whats that mean?

Is this legit?

The red star means that it's shiny.

Also, Nintendo stated no shiny Mews were given away at the TRU event back in September, so it's hacked.

As long as the stats don't exceed the theoretical maximum, I don't see any reason to worry about it. Chances are if kids are JUST hacking, they won't know how to use their pokemon properly to win battles anyways.
That the same thing with me. AS long as the hacked pokemon don't have like 999 on any or all their stats or illegal movesets I don't really care.

A question to all you people out there, when someone say "I dont care if they're hacked, just as long as they don't have max stats I'm okay with it" do he/she means max theoretical stat or 999 numer stats?

What about shiny Raikous with perfect hidden powers?

It's ridiculous, unfair, and skews the balance of the battle because they will just change up the hidden power if they need to (for example from ice to grass) against a legitimate trainer as if they were on Netbattle. Meanwhile, the legit trainer either has to hack, spend thousands of hours on actually perfect Pokemon (I just spent two weeks breeding a nearly perfect Boah) or deal with the fact that they are at a severe disadvantage.

That's why I don't accept hackers.

What about shiny Raikous with perfect hidden powers?

It's ridiculous, unfair, and skews the balance of the battle because they will just change up the hidden power if they need to (for example from ice to grass) against a legitimate trainer as if they were on Netbattle. Meanwhile, the legit trainer either has to hack, spend thousands of hours on actually perfect Pokemon (I just spent two weeks breeding a nearly perfect Boah) or deal with the fact that they are at a severe disadvantage.

That's why I don't accept hackers.
Well...if they hack, you hack. All fair in love, war, and video games XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)