Impenetrable Wall!

IMPENETRABLE WALL

Hi all. This is one of my most successful teams that I use on Pokemon Online which range from sun to stall to baton pass sweeping. This team has been built around the best two defensive combination in the game: Blissbro and Ferrocent.

So, here's the first member of my team:

Serperior (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Serperior may seem like an odd choice for a stall team, but he does his job perfectly. Reflect is mostly used first, then Light Screen as most leads (Hippowdon, Aerodactyl, Heatran, Jirachi, etc) use physical attacks, making them very quickly disabled. The 252 speed EVs as well as a Timid nature ensure that I can outspeed most of these with ease. (bar Aerodactyl, but Stone Edge won't OHKO anyway) Overgrow is suprisingly helpful on this set, as after setting up both screens, Serperior is in danger of fainting, so a quick overgrown- leaf storm can often get OHKO's. Hidden Power Ground is for Ninetales, although more often than not I'll just switch to Dragonite.
This pokemon has good synergy with Slowbro and Jellicent, as they can absorb masses of the fire-attacks that Serperior screams at the opponent to use.

Secondly...

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Now I adore this Blissey set and it is the thing on this team that I would be most stubborn about changing. With natural cure and Aromatherapy the thing that could otherwise destroy my team - status, is made near useless, and this big fat sumo is always able to switch in on a Rain sweeper Dragonite or a Gengar with ease, ensuring that I will nearly always be 'Status Safe'. Softboiled is a given for instant recovery; Seismic Toss deals 100 damage every time, which with the constantly increasing damage from Toxic, can build up surprisingly quickly. The defense EV's ensure that this pink blob of blubber can take at least a couple of non-boosted physical attacks (non-fighting of course)

Thirdly...

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psychic

The standard Slowbro set, which with Blissey forms the ultimate 'Blissbro' combination, but why is this so great? Well, Slowbro has a crippling weakness to Dark Pulse, Bug Buzz and the infamous Shadow Ball, all of which Blissey can absorbs tons of (or infinity in Shadow Balls case), but Blissey is weak to fighting moves like Close Combat, in fact, ESPECIALLY Close Combat. However, Slowbro can take 4 Close Combats and live to tell the tale because of his typing resistance and brilliant defence stat. Slack off heals, as does Regenerator when I switch, which will be often; Fire Blast hurts Scizor who thought to cripple you with Bug bite or U-Turn; Scald burns a lot and is a great STAB move easily capable of OHKO's or 2HKO's against most fire type pokemon, and psychic is nice for its STAB bonus, and the fact that it destroys Terrakion and Conkeldurr.

AND, next up we have....

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SDef
IV's: Speed: 0
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

THE standard Ferrothorn - the god of Leech Seed (although Prankster Whimiscott is also good). I don't think it's necessary for me to explain this, but I will. Leech seed on the first turn, and protect next, and you'll see that nearly all the damage you took on turn one has magically disappeared. After 'seeding', follow this pattern: 'Attack, Protect, Attack, Protect', and you win. The 0 Speed IV's as well as the relaxed nature help to make Gyro Ball stronger and make Ferrothorn more bulky. Ferrothorn is not all good though, as he has a 4x weakness to fire, and a weakness to fighting, but never fear, Jellicent is here..

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Jellicent completes the 'FerroCent' combo. Ferrothorn is weak to fire, but Jellicent is resistant to it, and immune to ferrothorn's other weakness - fighting. The beauty of having both 'FerroCent' and 'BlissBro' in this team is that Slowbro can take physical fire attacks even better than Jellicent, covering for Ferrothorn, Blissey and Ferrothorn can cover for Jellicents weakness to Ghost, and Ferrothorn and Blissey can take dark attacks for Slowbro. So in this team, I have merged 'FerroCent' and 'Blissbro' to form 'BlissCentsFerroBro'. (lol, rubbish name I know)
Anyway, Jellicent is my 'Burner'. Scald cripples fire types and can burn them, oddly enough; will-o-wisp destroys the very hopes and dreams of any physcial sweeper, even a 3x Shell Smashed Cloyster (A 2x Shell smashed Cloyster will deal approximately 41 damage to Jellicent per hit, with Rock Blast); taunt can stop more boosts, removing the threat from Cosmic power Clefables and Espeons, and recover is for healing.

Finally,we have:

Dragonite (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Tail

Now this pokemon looks like an absolute failure, but this oddity is the surprise factor of this team. With such immense bulk and low speed, people think I'm just gonna hide behind a Sub and keep phasing them. Wrong! They're generally quite suprised when there half KO'd pokemon gets Stone Edge'd to death. ExtremeSpeed can finish off Dragonite's dirty work; Aqua Tail kills Fire types, which Dragonite can switch into for Ferrrothorn, and obviously Dragon Tail is for phasing.

Here are some of my teams weaknesses:

Gengar is a threat, and Jellicent tries to burn it on the switch then I'll send out Blissey to 'outlive it'. Without Jellicent, I have to trust to Dragonite's Stone Edge.

Chandelure hurts Ferrothorn, Jellicent and Slowbro with Fire Blast, Shadow Ball and Shadow Ball respectively. Blissey can easily take these, but if she dies, I again have to trust to Dragonite's Stone Edge or his Aqua Tail.

I only have one method of phasing (Dragon Tail) which can be quite problematic as excessive switching increases residual damage from entry hazards.

No rapid spin!!!

Okay, thanks in advance everyone, and feel free to try it out if you want some experience so that you can offer better criticism. Thx! :nerd:

switch Dragonites set to this:

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Jellicent will go for Tentacruel:

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

Let's see how it goes!!

Done some testing and I like Tentacruel and DD Dragonite, so this is the team now:

Serperior (M) @ Light Clay
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psychic

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Still, is there anything to be improved, like how could I implement a method of phasing or taunt?
Gengar's not a problem anymore, but Cloyster is a pain!

wow.. i never thought that somebody will also find serperior as one of the best dual screeners. i actually run a dual screen deo-s before, but when he went to uber, i found a replacement in serperior. he's great at this and even better than deo-s with dw giving him contrary to abuse the screens himself!

anyway, i love your team. you also have aromabliss (i also run mine!) since dual screen teams hates status.

but i found one problem though... dual screens are not meant for walls/shufflers which is majority in your team. since screens run for few turns only, walls/shufflers will just waste the support since they are designed to stay for long time..and they are walls, making screens overkill.

Dual screens are meant for offensive teams such as baton pass teams or set-up sweepers. imagine a dragonite (which is in your team) who instead can dd just twice in normal teams but he can do it thrice in dual screens and it will be sure sweep.

In that sense, i suggest to make dnite a dragon dancer instead running dragon claw and fire punch as main moves and add EQ for heatran or roost if you see no problem to heatran.

You can add another screen abuser in ss cloyster. since cloyster's base def is high at 180, he only need light screen from serperior. with him, you can eliminate subs abusers such as gengar and gyara.

For bliss, try the ff set: aromatherapy/wish/protect/seismic toss to support serperior so he can run multiple screens throughout the game.

That's all. Hope this helps. ^^

A few words of warning. Defensive teams are difficult to work without any hazards (or more importantly a spinner). Enemy hazards (especially toxic spikes) will completely eat this team (even with aromatherapy). You don't even have a poison type to absorb them and Dragonite is ruined by rocks. I would say you definetely need tentacruel in there instead of jellicent as he can lay some toxic spikes down and spin hazards off. I would also change ferrothorn's set. This is what I would use:

Ferrothorn @leftovers
Iron barbs
Impish (+def, -sp. atk)/ Lax (+def -spd I think) 252 HP/sp. def, 252 def
Leech seed
Power whip/Gyro ball
Stealth rock
Spikes/Thunderwave/protect

Leech seed is ferro's best form of recovery. Power whip or gyro ball are your only forms of offense so you aren't taunt-bait. Stealth rock is essential for virtually any team. The last move is a toss-up. Spikes gives you all three hazards (if you take tentacruel) but will be difficult to set them all up, Thunderwave lets you cripple virtually all sweepers (but dosen't work great with gyro ball) or protect lets you scout lethal fire attacks and soak up a bit more leech seed healing.

There seem to be a few mistakes in your reasoning.Nothing serious, but I thought you'd like to know.
Firstly, you mention that Taunt Jellicent can stop the likes of Espeon setting up. Unfortunately, being as the most common form of Espeon is the Magic Mirror variant, Taunt would be useless as it would bounce back onto Jellicent.
Secondly, I'm not convinced that Scald can burn Fire types. Not sure how significant this is, but again, I thought you might like to be aware of that.
Thirdly, whilst Jellicent can indeed tank hits from SS Cloyster to an extent, there are a few points worth bearing in mind. Hitting 5 times consecutively with Rock Blast gives a considerable chance of a critical hit, which could ruin your attempted counter. Moreover, entry hazard damage could bring it into KO range. Will-O-Wisp and Scald (taking accuracy into account) have a sizeable chance of not burning the opponent, which could lead to a clean sweep.
These are just observations on my part, please don't take offence.
The team itself seems fairly solid. However, I remain confused as to it's purpose. It seems to be a Stall team; yet you utilise no entry hazards? I don't understand how you expect to deal significant damage- from my perspective, your strategy it seems to simply involve playing extremely offensively with defensively orientated Pokemon. If that works for you, then by all means go ahead; the only comment I'll make is that Dragonite would definitely appreciate entry hazard support.
If I might make a suggestion... I believe that Serperior is a poor choice of lead for this team. It doesn't seem to add much outside of Light Screen and Reflect support. I would run a lead Heatran with Stealth Rock; it has good synergy with the rest of your team and can help phase with Roar. I would also give Ferrothorn Spikes, perhaps dropping Power Whip or Gyro Ball, to increase the entry hazard damage you can cause.
I appreciate that you may resent these suggestions, but I believe that thy may improve your team dramatically.

There seem to be a few mistakes in your reasoning.Nothing serious, but I thought you'd like to know.
Firstly, you mention that Taunt Jellicent can stop the likes of Espeon setting up. Unfortunately, being as the most common form of Espeon is the Magic Mirror variant, Taunt would be useless as it would bounce back onto Jellicent.
Secondly, I'm not convinced that Scald can burn Fire types. Not sure how significant this is, but again, I thought you might like to be aware of that.
Thirdly, whilst Jellicent can indeed tank hits from SS Cloyster to an extent, there are a few points worth bearing in mind. Hitting 5 times consecutively with Rock Blast gives a considerable chance of a critical hit, which could ruin your attempted counter. Moreover, entry hazard damage could bring it into KO range. Will-O-Wisp and Scald (taking accuracy into account) have a sizeable chance of not burning the opponent, which could lead to a clean sweep.
These are just observations on my part, please don't take offence.
The team itself seems fairly solid. However, I remain confused as to it's purpose. It seems to be a Stall team; yet you utilise no entry hazards? I don't understand how you expect to deal significant damage- from my perspective, your strategy it seems to simply involve playing extremely offensively with defensively orientated Pokemon. If that works for you, then by all means go ahead; the only comment I'll make is that Dragonite would definitely appreciate entry hazard support.
If I might make a suggestion... I believe that Serperior is a poor choice of lead for this team. It doesn't seem to add much outside of Light Screen and Reflect support. I would run a lead Heatran with Stealth Rock; it has good synergy with the rest of your team and can help phase with Roar. I would also give Ferrothorn Spikes, perhaps dropping Power Whip or Gyro Ball, to increase the entry hazard damage you can cause.
I appreciate that you may resent these suggestions, but I believe that thy may improve your team dramatically.

Thx - p.s I don't take offence at anything, besides your right about taunt and espeon. I'm currently trying Tentacruel and DD Dragonite, but I wanna keep Serperior - I find it works well.

I don't understand this team... Like, at all. Since you lack both spinner AND hazards (like wtf), you're at a disadvantage against more or less every team. I have no idea why you have a dual screener, since nothing here needs a defensive boost for any reason. Plus that dragonite set is downright bad, It's EVs are pointless with no recovery and Life Orb is the worst item choice possible for an EV spread that virtually only exists to abuse multiscale, plus its moveset is WTF. Try using a standard set, they're invariably good, I promise.

tl;dr teams don't work without damage. find a way to deal damage.

I don't understand this team... Like, at all. Since you lack both spinner AND hazards (like wtf), you're at a disadvantage against more or less every team. I have no idea why you have a dual screener, since nothing here needs a defensive boost for any reason. Plus that dragonite set is downright bad, It's EVs are pointless with no recovery and Life Orb is the worst item choice possible for an EV spread that virtually only exists to abuse multiscale, plus its moveset is WTF. Try using a standard set, they're invariably good, I promise.

tl;dr teams don't work without damage. find a way to deal damage.
I can see your ignorant. You haven't looked at the changes or tried it yourself

Maybe go with SkarBliss core over BlissBro .
I like the idea of having 2 cores.

As stated above dual screens are 'secondary' since you have almost only bulky pokemons wich can almost all heal themselves too.
So maybe make your serperios a mixed sweeper or add some more special attacks to your curent set. (i personally like coil , leaf blade , leaf storm and a filler but thats just me )

As i said before , SkarBliss might work in your advantage.
This because Skarmory can phaze , can put up hazards , can heal itself and has a reliable attack in either drill peck or brave bird

set would be :
Skarmory @ Leftovers (or shed shell if you feel like you are getting trapped too often)
Ability: Sturdy
Evs: 252 Hp , 252 Def , 6 Spd (can add some more Special Defence if you want to take draco meteors better)
- Roost
- Drill Peck/Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes/Stealth Rock

Maybe go with SkarBliss core over BlissBro .
I like the idea of having 2 cores.

As stated above dual screens are 'secondary' since you have almost only bulky pokemons wich can almost all heal themselves too.
So maybe make your serperios a mixed sweeper or add some more special attacks to your curent set. (i personally like coil , leaf blade , leaf storm and a filler but thats just me )

As i said before , SkarBliss might work in your advantage.
This because Skarmory can phaze , can put up hazards , can heal itself and has a reliable attack in either drill peck or brave bird

set would be :
Skarmory @ Leftovers (or shed shell if you feel like you are getting trapped too often)
Ability: Sturdy
Evs: 252 Hp , 252 Def , 6 Spd (can add some more Special Defence if you want to take draco meteors better)
- Roost
- Drill Peck/Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes/Stealth Rock
Thx, this sounds like a good suggestion. I'll try different combinations of Poke's and see what works! But not tonight, I'm going out, lol.

I can see your ignorant. You haven't looked at the changes or tried it yourself
I can see you're an imbecile who knows nothing about competitive Pokemon.

Dual Screens Serperior is terrible, your defensive core is inefficient in comparison to some better ones, you don't even have Stealth Rock on your Ferrothorn, which makes it an almost utter waste of a teamslot, and you have zero support for a Dragonite sweep, giving your team no cohesive goal and you're just going to be sitting around trying to win with your Blissey who will have its defense meaninglessly boosted by Reflect. This team sucks. Horribly.

Dual Screens Serperior is terrible, your defensive core is inefficient in comparison to some better ones, you don't even have Stealth Rock on your Ferrothorn, which makes it an almost utter waste of a teamslot, and you have zero support for a Dragonite sweep, giving your team no cohesive goal and you're just going to be sitting around trying to win with your Blissey who will have its defense meaninglessly boosted by Reflect. This team sucks. Horribly.
i suggest you try the team with open mind. do that and you can help his team to be better.

btw, aside from ddnite, i still suggest to add a baton passer (volbeat? gorebyss?) or another set-up sweeper (ss cloyster? sd/rock polish terrak?) so you can maximize the dual screen support. and instead of ferro, why not try heatran which can use the fire attacks aimed at serperior? an offensive set of FB/earth power/hp ice/SR will do.

No need to get offensive.
Instead of breaking down what he has , try to help build a stronger team.

As for serperior 'being terrible dual screen supporter' , thats not exactly true. After Deoxys-S (wich is now banned) serperior is one of the faster ones to do it while also still having quite amazing natural bulk.

About the 'zomg u dont have no stealthrocks on the ferrothorn *cry cry*'.
Thats true , and i suggest to him to add those as they fare well together with tentacruels toxic spikes.

@Vein: Isnt baton pass banned now ? :S
The heatran set you suggested could work on the team too , but he has no recovery so one misprediction makes you loose your dragon attack absorber.

No need to get offensive.
Instead of breaking down what he has , try to help build a stronger team.

As for serperior 'being terrible dual screen supporter' , thats not exactly true. After Deoxys-S (wich is now banned) serperior is one of the faster ones to do it while also still having quite amazing natural bulk.

About the 'zomg u dont have no stealthrocks on the ferrothorn *cry cry*'.
Thats true , and i suggest to him to add those as they fare well together with tentacruels toxic spikes.

@Vein: Isnt baton pass banned now ? :S
The heatran set you suggested could work on the team too , but he has no recovery so one misprediction makes you loose your dragon attack absorber.
If I add stealth rock I'll get rid of Power Whip. P.S: Is this better for Serperior:

Serperior (M) @ Petaya Berry
- Substitute
- Reflect
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Water]

I Substitute until on low life so Overgrow and Petaya Berry activate, and use reflect. Then I kill with Leaf Storm. I then send out Dragonite to set up a couple of D-Dances under the last 1/2 turns of Reflect and attack.

The set would work but then you cant use your serperios to take any attacks anymore , and usually not for some sweeping either because of entry hazards.

Here's one battle log:

Battle between NightSlasher and windstormnintendo started!

Tier: DW OU
Mode: Singles
Variation: +23, -9
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause

windstormnintendo sent out shaycarl! (Shaymin)
NightSlasher sent out Serperior!

Start of turn 1
windstormnintendo called shaycarl back!
windstormnintendo sent out dope! (Dodrio)

Serperior used Substitute!
Serperior made a substitute!

Start of turn 2
Serperior used Reflect!
Reflect raised NightSlasher's team defense!

The foe's dope used Brave Bird!
It's super effective!
Serperior's substitute faded!
The foe's dope is hit with recoil!

Start of turn 3

The foe's dope became cloaked in a harsh light!
The foe's dope used its power herb to attack immediately!
The foe's dope used Sky Attack!
It's super effective!

Start of turn 4
Serperior ate its Petaya Berry!
The Petaya Berry raised Serperior's Sp. Att.!
Serperior's Sp. Att. rose!

The foe's dope used Brave Bird!
It's super effective!
The foe's dope is hit with recoil!

Start of turn 5
Serperior used Leaf Storm!
It's not very effective...
The foe's dope lost 81% of its health!
The foe's dope fainted!
Serperior's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Serperior did its job well here, and managed to OHKO even though it was 'not very effective'

windstormnintendo sent out Y U HATE ME?! (Flareon)

Start of turn 6
Serperior used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Y U HATE ME? lost 14% of its health!

The foe's Y U HATE ME? used Lava Plume!
It's super effective!
Serperior lost 73 HP! (25% of its health)
Serperior fainted!

My bad, I shoulda switched

The foe's Y U HATE ME? restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
NightSlasher's reflect wore off!
NightSlasher sent out Blissey!

Start of turn 7
NightSlasher called Blissey back!
NightSlasher sent out Dragonite!

The foe's Y U HATE ME? used Superpower!
Dragonite lost 33 HP! (10% of its health)
The foe's Y U HATE ME?'s Attack fell!
The foe's Y U HATE ME?'s Defense fell!

Start of turn 8
windstormnintendo called Y U HATE ME? back!
windstormnintendo sent out captuafan! (Vileplume)

Dragonite used Dragon Dance!
Dragonite's Attack rose!
Dragonite's Speed rose!

Start of turn 9
Dragonite used Fire Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's captuafan lost 100% of its health!
The foe's captuafan fainted!

windstormnintendo sent out turtleofwar! (Wartortle)

Start of turn 10
Dragonite used Dragon Claw!
The foe's turtleofwar lost 44% of its health!

The foe's turtleofwar used Toxic!
Dragonite was poisoned!
Dragonite ate its Lum Berry!
Dragonite's status cleared!

Start of turn 11
The foe's turtleofwar used Protect!
The foe's turtleofwar protected itself!

Dragonite's Attack rose!
Dragonite's Speed rose!

Start of turn 12
The foe's turtleofwar lost 53% of its health!

The foe's turtleofwar used Toxic!
Dragonite was poisoned!

Dragonite is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 13

Dragonite's Attack rose!
Dragonite's Speed rose!

Start of turn 14

Start of turn 15
But it failed!

The foe's turtleofwar lost 2% of its health!
The foe's turtleofwar fainted!

CGC is watching the battle.
windstormnintendo sent out wrathofpoli! (Poliwrath)

Start of turn 16
The foe's wrathofpoli lost 100% of its health!
The foe's wrathofpoli fainted!

Dragonite, we can see, performs his job very suucesfully

Dragonite fainted!
Boinsey is watching the battle.
Boinsey stopped watching the battle.
windstormnintendo sent out shaycarl! (Shaymin)

NightSlasher sent out Ferrothorn!

Start of turn 17
The foe's shaycarl used Earth Power!
Ferrothorn lost 96 HP! (27% of its health)
The foe's shaycarl is hurt by its Life Orb!

Ferrothorn used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around windstormnintendo's team!

Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 18
Ferrothorn lost 95 HP! (26% of its health)

Ferrothorn used Gyro Ball!
The foe's shaycarl lost 51% of its health!

Start of turn 19
Ferrothorn lost 97 HP! (27% of its health)

The foe's shaycarl lost 18% of its health!
The foe's shaycarl fainted!

Ferrothorn can hurt as well as stall which killed this Shaymin

windstormnintendo sent out Y U HATE ME?! (Flareon)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Y U HATE ME?!

Start of turn 20
Ferrothorn used Protect!
Ferrothorn protected itself!

Start of turn 21
NightSlasher called Ferrothorn back!
NightSlasher sent out Slowbro!

Slowbro lost 41 HP! (10% of its health)
The foe's Y U HATE ME?'s Attack fell!
The foe's Y U HATE ME?'s Defense fell!

Slowbro restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 22
The foe's Y U HATE ME? used Yawn!
The foe's Y U HATE ME? made Slowbro feel drowsy!

Slowbro used Scald!
It's super effective!
The foe's Y U HATE ME? lost 38% of its health!

Start of turn 23
NightSlasher called Slowbro back!
NightSlasher sent out Tentacruel!

The foe's Y U HATE ME? used Work Up!
The foe's Y U HATE ME?'s Attack rose!
The foe's Y U HATE ME?'s Sp. Att. rose!

Start of turn 24
Tentacruel used Scald!
It's super effective!
The foe's Y U HATE ME? lost 32% of its health!

The foe's Y U HATE ME? used Work Up!
The foe's Y U HATE ME?'s Attack rose!
The foe's Y U HATE ME?'s Sp. Att. rose!

Start of turn 25
Tentacruel used Scald!
It's super effective!
The foe's Y U HATE ME? lost 30% of its health!
The foe's Y U HATE ME? fainted!

NightSlasher won the battle!

So, as we can see, my team was very successful in this particular battle, but I'm gonna test some more anyway, just to be sure.

P.S I'm being forced to play DW OU so there probably not released, but I use overgrow not contrary.

Omg i just typed out a really (IMO) awesome rate without realizing i wasn't logged in and lost the whole thing -_-... So I guess ill do it again. BTW at the end it became a pretty big overhaul but I think you will really like the outcome, I actually have tested it after it deleted what I wrote and it worked great.
Firstly I would get rid of Serperior for Politoad, he gels really well with your team by giving you the very popular Politoad, Ferrothorn, Dragonite core and provides support to Tentacruel, Ferrothorn, Dragonite, and Bronzong (will get to those last two latter) with his rain, where as Serperiors screens only help himself. I would (and did to much success) use this..
Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Protect
Next up is Ferrothorn. not much to fix other than the fact that if you run any Ferrothorn you need entry hazards. Seriously. Get rid of protect and give him Spikes, trust me on this one. It should look something like this
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
IV's: Speed: 0
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Next up I would get rid of Slowbro and bring back Jellycaunt, he pairs well with Ferrothorn and blocks Rapid Spin, plus hes pretty much just as efficient as Slowbrow with the bonus of Spin Blocking. I used the same set you were using earlier and it worked great.
Third I made Dragonite a Rain Stall nite, he fucks shit up.
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 220 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Substitute
- Roost
Hurricane and Thunder in Rain fuck shit up, plus 30% chance for ParaFusion? Nuff said. Sub is because everything switches out and it takes away from prediction, plus if you roost fast enough Multiscale makes your Subs Godly.
I immediately noticed a Landros weakness so i put in a Bronzong who stops him cold and gels with the rest of the team really well. He sets up Rocks, gives you another steal to deal with dragons, and actually fucks Magnezone up pretty well, I've beaten a couple one on one. Not to mention Bronzong is a boss in general. I used the standard set.
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD (2 Spe IVs)
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Earthquake
I hope you try my suggestions, good luck!

Omg i just typed out a really (IMO) awesome rate without realizing i wasn't logged in and lost the whole thing -_-... So I guess ill do it again. BTW at the end it became a pretty big overhaul but I think you will really like the outcome, I actually have tested it after it deleted what I wrote and it worked great.
Firstly I would get rid of Serperior for Politoad, he gels really well with your team by giving you the very popular Politoad, Ferrothorn, Dragonite core and provides support to Tentacruel, Ferrothorn, Dragonite, and Bronzong (will get to those last two latter) with his rain, where as Serperiors screens only help himself. I would (and did to much success) use this..
Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Protect
Next up is Ferrothorn. not much to fix other than the fact that if you run any Ferrothorn you need entry hazards. Seriously. Get rid of protect and give him Spikes, trust me on this one.
Next up I would get rid of Slowbro and bring back Jellycaunt, he pairs well with Ferrothorn and blocks Rapid Spin, plus hes pretty much just as efficient as Slowbrow with the bonus of Spin Blocking. I used the same set you were using earlier and it worked great.
Third I made Dragonite a Rain Stall nite, he fucks shit up.
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 220 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Substitute
- Roost
Hurricane and Thunder in Rain fuck shit up, plus 30% chance for ParaFusion? Nuff said. Sub is because everything switches out and it takes away from prediction, plus if you roost fast enough Multiscale makes your Subs Godly.
I immediately noticed a Landros weakness so i put in a Bronzong who stops him cold and gels with the rest of the team really well. He sets up Rocks, gives you another steal to deal with dragons, and actually fucks Magnezone up pretty well, I've beaten a couple one on one. Not to mention Bronzong is a boss in general. I used the standard set.
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD (2 Spe IVs)
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Earthquake
I hope you try my suggestions, good luck!
Thx for the suggestions, I'll try these out soon, but I'm currently testing before this change. I'll test afterwards and see how it goes. thx! :D

Another log:

Battle between NightSlasher and Starwar100 started!

Variation: +29, -3

Starwar100 sent out Darmanitan!

Start of turn 1

The foe's Darmanitan used Flare Blitz!
It's super effective!
The foe's Darmanitan is hit with recoil!

Start of turn 2

It's super effective!

Start of turn 3

It's super effective!

Start of turn 4
It's super effective!
The foe's Darmanitan lost 79% of its health!
The foe's Darmanitan fainted!

Bug Catcher Elijah is watching the battle.
Starwar100 sent out Mamoswine!

Starwar100: no contrary serperior?
NightSlasher: nope

Start of turn 5
NightSlasher called Serperior back!
NightSlasher sent out Slowbro!

The foe's Mamoswine used Ice Shard!
Slowbro lost 23 HP! (5% of its health)

Start of turn 6
The foe's Mamoswine used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around NightSlasher's team!

Slowbro used Fire Blast!
It's super effective!
The foe's Mamoswine lost 43% of its health!
The foe's Mamoswine was burned!

The foe's Mamoswine is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 7
The foe's Mamoswine used Earthquake!
A critical hit!
Slowbro lost 135 HP! (34% of its health)

Slowbro used Fire Blast!
It's super effective!
The foe's Mamoswine lost 38% of its health!

The foe's Mamoswine is hurt by its burn!
The foe's Mamoswine fainted!
Starwar100 sent out Scizor!

Start of turn 8
The foe's Scizor used Bug Bite!
It's super effective!
Slowbro lost 200 HP! (50% of its health)

Slowbro used Fire Blast!
It's super effective!
The foe's Scizor hung on using its Focus Sash!
The foe's Scizor lost 99% of its health!

Start of turn 9
The foe's Scizor used Pursuit!
It's super effective!
Slowbro lost 96 HP! (24% of its health)

Slowbro used Slack Off!
Slowbro regained health!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Scizor used Bug Bite!
It's super effective!
Slowbro lost 216 HP! (54% of its health)

Slowbro used Scald!
The foe's Scizor lost 0% of its health!
The foe's Scizor fainted!

Starwar100 sent out Espeon!

Start of turn 11
The foe's Espeon used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
Slowbro lost 40 HP! (10% of its health)
Slowbro fainted!

Pointed stones dug into Blissey!

Start of turn 12
The foe's Espeon used Psyshock!
The foe's Espeon's Psychic Gem raised Psyshock's power!
Blissey lost 372 HP! (52% of its health)

Blissey used Seismic Toss!
The foe's Espeon lost 36% of its health!
NightSlasher: nice

Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 13
The foe's Espeon used Psyshock!
Blissey lost 271 HP! (37% of its health)

Blissey used Softboiled!
Blissey regained health!

Start of turn 14
Starwar100 called Espeon back!
Starwar100 sent out Tentacruel!

The foe's Tentacruel lost 33% of its health!

The foe's Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Tentacruel used Acid Spray!
Blissey lost 40 HP! (5% of its health)
xxBEASTxx is watching the battle.
Blissey's Sp. Def. sharply fell!

The foe's Tentacruel lost 33% of its health!

Start of turn 16
NightSlasher called Blissey back!
Pointed stones dug into Tentacruel!

The foe's Tentacruel used Acid Spray!
Tentacruel lost 23 HP! (6% of its health)
Tentacruel's Sp. Def. sharply fell!

Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 17
The foe's Tentacruel used Scald!
Tentacruel lost 82 HP! (22% of its health)

Tentacruel used Scald!
The foe's Tentacruel lost 11% of its health!

Start of turn 18
Tentacruel lost 83 HP! (22% of its health)
Tentacruel was burned!

Tentacruel used Scald!
The foe's Tentacruel lost 11% of its health!

Tentacruel is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 19
NightSlasher called Tentacruel back!
Pointed stones dug into Dragonite!

Dragonite lost 51 HP! (15% of its health)
Dragonite was burned!
Dragonite ate its Lum Berry!
Dragonite's status cleared!

Start of turn 20
The foe's Tentacruel used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
Dragonite lost 192 HP! (59% of its health)
Dragonite fainted!

Pointed stones dug into Ferrothorn!

Start of turn 21
Ferrothorn lost 71 HP! (20% of its health)
Ferrothorn was frozen solid!

Ferrothorn thawed out!
Ferrothorn used Leech Seed!
The foe's Tentacruel was seeded!

The foe's Tentacruel's health is sapped by leech seed.
Ferrothorn is hurt by the foe's Tentacruel's Liquid Ooze!

Start of turn 22
Ferrothorn used Protect!

Start of turn 23
Ferrothorn lost 65 HP! (18% of its health)

The foe's Tentacruel lost 38% of its health!

The foe's Tentacruel fainted!
Starwar100 sent out Espeon!

Start of turn 24
The foe's Espeon used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
Ferrothorn lost 166 HP! (47% of its health)
Ferrothorn fainted!

xxBEASTxx: oh sanp
Pointed stones dug into Serperior!

Start of turn 25
The foe's Espeon lost 63% of its health!
The foe's Espeon fainted!

Starwar100 sent out Chansey!

Start of turn 26
Serperior used Reflect!

The foe's Chansey used Seismic Toss!
Serperior lost 37 HP! (12% of its health)
Serperior fainted!

Start of turn 27
Tentacruel used Scald!
The foe's Chansey lost 7% of its health!

Tentacruel lost 100 HP! (27% of its health)

Tentacruel is hurt by its burn!
Tentacruel fainted!
Pointed stones dug into Blissey!

Start of turn 28
Blissey used Toxic!
The foe's Chansey was poisoned!

Blissey lost 100 HP! (14% of its health)

The foe's Chansey is hurt by poison!
Here my opponent forfeits

As we can again see, Serperior OHKO's my opponents lead, and revenge kills Espeon, proving its worth. Ferrothorn performed well, but fell to Hidden Power and Slowbro absolutely destroyed Scizor. Another nice log.

Also i did a small edit, I just put in the Ferrothorn set i used. I dont think you should keep Protect, that can really mess you up because a LOT of pokemon come in on Ferrothorn to set up and Protecting gives them a whole nother turn of set up which can be game breaking.

Also i did a small edit, I just put in the Ferrothorn set i used. I dont think you should keep Protect, that can really mess you up because a LOT of pokemon come in on Ferrothorn to set up and Protecting gives them a whole nother turn of set up which can be game breaking.
I see what you mean, but normally if I sense a set-up pokemon, I send Dragonite in to kill it or just send in a 'resister'

Another log:

Battle between [Eneco]Tim and NightSlasher started!

Variation: +21, -11

[Eneco]Miku Hatsune is watching the battle.
[Eneco]Tim sent out Despotar! (Tyranitar)
The foe's Despotar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
[Eneco]Tim: aloha pippo :3
[Eneco]Tim: hab ein neues team
[Eneco]Tim: ne poki
NightSlasher: hiya
NightSlasher: nice team

Start of turn 1
[Eneco]Tim called Despotar back!
[Eneco]Tim sent out Scherox! (Scizor)

The sandstorm rages!
Serperior is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 2
Serperior used Reflect!

The foe's Scherox used U-turn!
It's super effective!
[Eneco]Tim called Scherox back!
[Eneco]Tim sent out Leolinger! (Skarmory)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 3

The foe's Leolinger used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around NightSlasher's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 4
The foe's Leolinger lost 22% of its health!

The foe's Leolinger used Whirlwind!
NightSlasher called Serperior back!
Tentacruel was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!
Tentacruel is buffeted by the sandstorm!
[Eneco]Miku Hatsune: mach grad auch eins klann mich zwischen 2 pknmn

Start of turn 5
[Eneco]Tim called Leolinger back!
[Eneco]Tim sent out Stier! (Croconaw)
[Eneco]Miku Hatsune: nich endscheiden

Tentacruel used Rapid Spin!
A critical hit!
The foe's Stier lost 4% of its health!
Tentacruel blew away Stealth Rock!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Stier is buffeted by the sandstorm!
NightSlasher: erm.. ok
[Eneco]Miku Hatsune: Golking oder Elevotek?

Start of turn 6
Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of [Eneco]Tim's team!

The foe's Stier used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Stier's Attack rose!
The foe's Stier's Speed rose!

The sandstorm rages!
[Eneco]Tim: ele

Start of turn 7
Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of [Eneco]Tim's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 8
NightSlasher called Tentacruel back!

The sandstorm rages!
[Eneco]Miku Hatsune: ok ich vertrau acuh dich

Start of turn 9
The foe's Stier used Waterfall!
Ferrothorn lost 87 HP! (24% of its health)
Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Stier

The foe's Stier was seeded!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Stier's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 10
Ferrothorn used Protect!

The foe's Stier used Ice Punch!

The sandstorm rages!
[Eneco]Tim: its only a testteam

Start of turn 11
The foe's Stier used Ice Punch!
Ferrothorn lost 103 HP! (29% of its health)
Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Stier

Ferrothorn used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around [Eneco]Tim's team!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Stier fainted!
NightSlasher: oh lol
[Eneco]Tim sent out Leolinger! (Skarmory)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Leolinger!

Start of turn 12
The foe's Leolinger used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of NightSlasher's team!

The foe's Leolinger was seeded!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Leolinger's health is sapped by leech seed.
[Eneco]Tim: my normal team is perfect

Start of turn 13
The foe's Leolinger used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of NightSlasher's team!

The foe's Leolinger lost 12% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
NightSlasher: lol
NightSlasher: no such thing as a perfect team
[Eneco]Tim: ..

Start of turn 14
The foe's Leolinger lost 12% of its health!

The foe's Leolinger used Whirlwind!
Slowbro is hurt by spikes!
Slowbro was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!
Slowbro is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 15
Slowbro used Fire Blast!
It's super effective!
The foe's Leolinger lost 4% of its health!
The foe's Leolinger fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Slowbro is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Scherox!

Start of turn 16
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Slowbro lost 366 HP! (92% of its health)
Slowbro fainted!
[Eneco]Tim sent out Rotom-W!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Rotom-W!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Rotom-W restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Serperior is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 17
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Rotom-W lost 87% of its health!
The foe's Rotom-W fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
[Eneco]Tim: ..

Start of turn 18
Serperior used Reflect!

It's super effective!
Serperior lost 26 HP! (8% of its health)
Serperior fainted!
[Eneco]Tim sent out Despotar! (Tyranitar)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Despotar!
The foe's Despotar was poisoned!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Despotar restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Despotar is hurt by poison!
Tentacruel is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 19
Tentacruel used Rapid Spin!
The foe's Despotar lost 1% of its health!
Tentacruel blew away Spikes!

The foe's Despotar used Crunch!
Tentacruel lost 51 HP! (14% of its health)
Tentacruel's Defense fell!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 20
Tentacruel used Protect!
Tentacruel protected itself!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 21
Tentacruel used Scald!
It's super effective!
The foe's Despotar lost 29% of its health!

Tentacruel lost 85 HP! (23% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 22
Tentacruel used Protect!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Despotar fainted!

Start of turn 23
Tentacruel used Scald!
The foe's Scherox lost 32% of its health!
The foe's Scherox was burned!

Tentacruel lost 78 HP! (21% of its health)
[Eneco]Tim: haxxer
[Eneco]Tim sent out Terrakium! (Terrakion)
NightSlasher: lol
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Terrakium!

The foe's Terrakium is floating on a balloon!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 24
The foe's Terrakium used Stone Edge!
Tentacruel lost 45 HP! (12% of its health)
Tentacruel fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 25
The foe's Terrakium used Close Combat!
It's super effective!
Ferrothorn lost 290 HP! (82% of its health)
Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Terrakium
The foe's Terrakium's Defense fell!
The foe's Terrakium's Sp. Def. fell!

The attack of Ferrothorn missed!

The sandstorm rages!
NightSlasher: oops

Start of turn 26
Ferrothorn used Protect!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 27

Dragonite lost 58 HP! (17% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Dragonite is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 28
The foe's Terrakium used Rock Polish!
The foe's Terrakium's Speed sharply rose!

Dragonite used Earthquake!
It had no effect!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 29
The attack of the foe's Terrakium missed!

Dragonite's Attack rose!
Dragonite's Speed rose!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 30
It's super effective!
Dragonite lost 205 HP! (63% of its health)
Dragonite fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 31
Ferrothorn used Protect!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 32
It's super effective!
Ferrothorn lost 128 HP! (36% of its health)
Ferrothorn fainted!
Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Terrakium

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 33
It's super effective!
[Eneco]Tim: cu gg
NightSlasher: gg

Although I lost, I started off well; Serperior got a kill mid-game; Slowbro helped to stall (and would have Fire Blasted Scizor to another universe if he hadn't scored a crit); and Tentacruel span away spikes. So, that went well! But I think that Blissey may be the weakest link in this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)