In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen it metioned before so I guess I'll ask, why is Washibon so low-tier? Is it because it evolves at level 54? I don't have the game yet so I don't have first hand experience.

I haven't seen it metioned before so I guess I'll ask, why is Washibon so low-tier? Is it because it evolves at level 54? I don't have the game yet so I don't have first hand experience.
Yes. Considering the E4 is in the 48-50s, chances are you won't be able to evolve it until then, making it bad to use in-game, especially since it's stats are much lower than Wargle's. Komatana follows the same rule: it is a post-game beast after it evolves, but before the E4, he's painful to use.

Washibon is in the Uber tier for cuteness, so don't worry.

Also, shouldn't Victini be tiered? Everyone with Wi-Fi can get one; I'd theorymon that a Fire/Psychic type with solid stats everywhere and a movepool that goes on forever would be awesome that early on.
Because it's a limited-time event. If you want a Victini after the 15th of this month, you're kinda SOL unless you can trade.

Suggestions for the last member of my team? I usually have an HM slave, but apparently you don't need HMs much in BW...

Mijumaru > Futachimaru > Daikenki
Darumakka > Hihidaruma
Shikijika > Mebukijka
Aaken > Aakeosu
Choroneko > Leperasudu

Suggestions for the other members of my team welcome.

(Don't suggest removing Choroneko though. I know she sucks, but she's my favourite of this gen, and I'm using her :D)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So, I'm with a lv46 Onondo in my team I caught at lv30. The fucker came with Dragon Claw, learned Dragon Dance at lv32, evolved at lv38, learns Swords Dance at evolution to Ononokusu and I didn't evolve it yet because I don't want the game to become easier than it is lol (and I need to train the rest of the team, I never go solo).

What's the reason for it being only Mid-tier ?_?

So, I'm with a lv46 Onondo in my team I caught at lv30. The fucker came with Dragon Claw, learned Dragon Dance at lv32, evolved at lv38, learns Swords Dance at evolution to Ononokusu and I didn't evolve it yet because I don't want the game to become easier than it is lol (and I need to train the rest of the team, I never go solo).

Since the tiering is strictly based on people's experiences with the Pokemon, I'm guessing we haven't seen enough talk about the Kibago line.

I had great success with Kojondo.. He basically swept the e-4 for me. Might have helped that the first one I caught was Jolly with Regen. lolol

But cmaaaan, he may evolve kinda late, but once he does, he's unstoppable in-game. That (hi)jump kick hurts like a bitch and, he can u-turn and drain punch to heal. Not to mention he has access to Acrobat which gives him good coverage with Fighting.

breh

強いだね

HGSS tierlist all over again

IIRC, dratini takes FOREVER to level. By forever, I mean forever. If you want a dragonair/nite get ready to spend at least 5-10 extra hours solely training it. Without the VS Seeker in this game and considering it was a major bitch even with VS Seeker in FR/LG, that has got to be a major turn off.
Both are in the "Slow" Experience group. However, Kibago has the advantage of being far, far easier to evolve due to a way earlier evolution time and an earlier Dragon Dance; 100% accurate Dragon Claw vs. Dragonair's Dragon Rush is nice too.

Honestly I think it's just due to experience problems.

With Lucky Egg its a lot easier to level up though compared to HGSS. Kibago will have Dragon Claw, DD and Dig/Brick Break nearly straight away which basically lets it deal with anything. Can also teach it X-scissor and Shadow Claw to help take over half the elite four.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
HGSS tierlist all over again

Both are in the "Slow" Experience group. However, Kibago has the advantage of being far, far easier to evolve due to a way earlier evolution time and an earlier Dragon Dance; 100% accurate Dragon Claw vs. Dragonair's Dragon Rush is nice too.

Honestly I think it's just due to experience problems.
Yes, I can attest to that. Kibago doesn't even come close to Dratini/Dragonair. It's found earlier, comes at a higher level, has a better STAB, learns two set-up moves early(ier), evolves earlier, and comes just a couple levels behind your team. Its real problem to me, at least, was its shittastic Sp. Def (but maybe that was only mine lol); after evolving, though, its base Attack became the highest of my team, and with DD+Dragon Claw, you only have to worry with... Ice-types, Gear and stronger Dragons???? lol

Why is everyone saying Mamepato so horrible? I know it's outclassed by Shinpora and Aeken, but the main problem people say they have with it is that it doesn't get any physical flying moves by level-up. But couldn't you just teach it Pluck, and then Fly later on? Is it because the Pluck TM and Fly HM come so late?

Why is everyone saying Mamepato so horrible? I know it's outclassed by Shinpora and Aeken, but the main problem people say they have with it is that it doesn't get any physical flying moves by level-up. But couldn't you just teach it Pluck, and then Fly later on? Is it because the Pluck TM and Fly HM come so late?
Basically yes, its useless for at least the first half of the game, and then when it has access to phyical STAB, it is outclassed by the likes of Aaken (who you get at a very respectable level).

breh

強いだね

It's also because it has such lackluster attacking options in general. Compare to the far better Staraptor: it was broken ingame last gen because it learned wing attack at lvl 9 iirc, learned the fantastic Close Combat by level up and even, later on, learned brave bird right before taking on the elite four. At this point, you would have a set of something like take down (return if plat; maybe steel wing) / Close Combat / Brave Bird / Roost (filler); this made it ridiculously powerful and had fantastic typing. Not only this, but Staraptor had fantastic attack and speed (far better than Kenhorou's) and a nice ability.

What does Mamepato have? Fly (obatined late) and Return pre elite four... oh yeah that's such a great moveset

Suggestions for the last member of my team? I usually have an HM slave, but apparently you don't need HMs much in BW...

Mijumaru > Futachimaru > Daikenki
Darumakka > Hihidaruma
Shikijika > Mebukijka
Aaken > Aakeosu
Choroneko > Leperasudu

Suggestions for the other members of my team welcome.

(Don't suggest removing Choroneko though. I know she sucks, but she's my favourite of this gen, and I'm using her :D)
I suggest Moguryuu/Doryuuzu. It's amazing ingame, and it gives your current team a useful Dragon/Rock resist and Electric immunity. :D Though it gives you another Fighting weakness, and you have no Fighting resist as is.

I suggest Moguryuu/Doryuuzu. It's amazing ingame, and it gives your current team a useful Dragon/Rock resist and Electric immunity. :D Though it gives you another Fighting weakness, and you have no Fighting resist as is.
Thanks, Doryuuzu looks great, Steel/Ground is great :D

I can imagine the ghost E4 to be hell if I use my mono fire team. I have no way of hurting Flash Fire Shanderra or Burunkera.

I had great success with Kojondo.. He basically swept the e-4 for me. Might have helped that the first one I caught was Jolly with Regen. lolol

But cmaaaan, he may evolve kinda late, but once he does, he's unstoppable in-game. That (hi)jump kick hurts like a bitch and, he can u-turn and drain punch to heal. Not to mention he has access to Acrobat which gives him good coverage with Fighting.
I also had great success with Kojondo. He pretty much was THE MVP of the elite 4 in my nuzlocke run, and U-turn + regeneration really saved me from having to use healing items. I entered the elite 4 with him at level 50 and came out with him at level 57.

The problem is he is so hard to level up since his first stage is too fragile, and not only that but it takes a long as time. But the real problem is theres HARDLY ANY TRAINERS left to level him up against, so you're basically going to have to level him up against wild tabuune, which takes a long ass time. Yeah he's good once he evolves, and he's one of my new favorites, but getting him there is too much of a hassle. (the only reason I bothered was because I was nuzlocking)

Because it's a limited-time event. If you want a Victini after the 15th of this month, you're kinda SOL unless you can trade.
Limited time? Oh, that makes sense.

(Of course, even if access is limited- maybe a conditional tiering, like R/S Jirachi?)

For my second playthrough, I think I'm going to go with an mono-fire team.

I'll probably replace the monkey with Reshiram for late game.
I can imagine the ghost E4 to be hell if I use my mono fire team. I have no way of hurting Flash Fire Shanderra or Burunkera.
Well, you have your own Shanderaa's Shadow Ball to hit both. Also, you can run Grass Knot on the Monkey to beat Burunkeru or Wild Bolt on Emboar (which I highly recommend). Head Smash Emboar can hurt Shaderaa as well (and Emboar himself! =p).

EDIT: Rock Slide is an option as well.

Well, seeing as so far, what I've said has been agreed with:

Here's a suggestion for something to bump up:

Gear
Yes, he's only avaliable after Badge #5. Yeah, he has fail abilities. He STILL owns, and he's certainly better in-game than the Grass/Steel thing.

Here's a rundown of Gear v the Gyms after him:

6th Gym: As Gear, at Lv 35, I easily Body Purged against the leader's lead, and then set up Charge Beam. Swept the gym, with a pokemon that would qualify for Little Cup.

7th Gym: As Gigear, at lv 39 [Equal to the gym, again], Body Purge and Charge Beam set-up against the Snowcone, Flash Cannon OHKO'ed everything after the leader used his Hyper Potion on Ice Cream.

8th Gym: Not here yet on my current run, but, I'll still be Gigear, and I resist Dragon. I'm gonna see if I can set up against Ondono, and sweep. That'll be all 3 gyms after Gear's avaliable that he's soloed.

Oh, and, for those interested, my Gear's moveset:

@ 6th Gym:
Body Purge
Charge Beam
Gear Grind [I refuse to call it after a plate]
Bind

@ 7th Gym:
Body Purge
Charge Beam
Gear Grind
Flash Cannon [TM]

Oh, and, as for the Elite 4?

Gear resists Dark, Psychic, and Ghost. Hmm, could have some set-up clean sweeps there too.

Gear deserves more than Low Teir. The only thing stopping Gear from being High is his late avaliabilty. Aside from late avaliabilty, I can't think of anything bad about Gear, all around good stats, and the ability to set up on both sides of the spectrum [Abeit, the physical side Post-Game]

breh

強いだね
Just a note, you can't set up against the dragon gym leader because he will set up on you and phaze you away with Dragon Tail as well.

on another note, to put its really meh stats in perspective, it looks oddly similar to Shibishirasu; the fact that Gear is almost at the same level is just a sign of its lacklusterness.

Just a note, you can't set up against the dragon gym leader because he will set up on you and phaze you away with Dragon Tail as well.

on another note, to put its really meh stats in perspective, it looks oddly similar to Shibishirasu; the fact that Gear is almost at the same level is just a sign of its lacklusterness.
I was going to post that now. You CANNOT set-up against any of the Onondo's in the Gym: they WILL DD up and sweep your team. Happened to me against one of the trainers: I only won because he used Taunt on me when he could finish my last Pokemon, Emboar.

Now that you mention it, the Gear and the Shibishiwhachamacallit line are pretty similar. They both have average stats, small movepools, and only learn their best boosting move at level 54.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)