In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
True that. I guess you could teach it rock smash, though. Anyway, you can catch one legally as early as before the sixth gym and Kojofu can solo that with drain punch/brick break for amazing experience. :3

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think he meant 7th Gym...

Thanks for the feedback on Kojofuu guys. I'll make sure to breed a fighting move onto him.

LOL

Ok I'm planning to do this team for my 2nd PT, can someone give me advice?

Daikenki--I heard he is quite good. He's faster than Enbuoh while still retaining insanely good type coverage. I'm so going to test him out.

Darmanitan--TBH I don't really have confidence in him. Excellent Attack but has shit durability and speed. I wouldn't be surprised if he dies a lot.

Hahakomori--Yup, Hahakomori, AGAIN. I really liked using this guy, and he completes the F/W/G core. Having 2 high-crit moves earlygame is simply far too good. He needs to be rated higher, period.

Pendra--This thing. Looks. Super. Badass. Period. It also has 112 speed, so it might be Zeburaika x2. It can also Baton Pass Agility and Iron Defense, which can solve the problem of Darmanitan dying too often. I'm really looking forward to using him.

ONONONONONONONONONONONONOKUSU--Seriously. What the hell. He really should have swapped places with Panpour, he's just TOO GOOD. You get him as early as after the 6th gym, he gets Dragon Dance within like 3 levels, and from there he can wreck shit. While he dies at the remaining gym, he is still an excellent Pokemon and Dragon Dance can really be a bit STFU to Geechisu's Hydragon.(The last time an Ononokusu sweep on Geechisu was denied was because Afrobull somehow survived +3 Dragon Claw, killed Ononokusu with Afro Smash, and left with 1 HP. >_>) Also, his English name: HAXORus. That explains it all.

Nageki/Dageki--Since I used Dokkora/Dokketosu as my Fighting-type the last time, I'd prefer to try out one of the Geki brothers this time. Since I'm playing White I should be stuck with Nageki, although if I'm lucky the shaking grass may contain Dageki instead of Tabunne. IMO Close Combat > Superpower anyway.

Has anyone had a favorable (or even just neutral) experience with Foonus/Amoonguss?
I've only found one person in this thread that used it and they seemed to consider absolute trash. Honestly, first time through I'm only going to use the ones I consider "cool" (screw being good, this is in-game) and I thought the new 'shrooms were fairly cool before they became one of the few gen5 monsters with a good name.

I was wondering if there were anyway for it not to be a complete hindrance the whole way through.

Really slow with mediocre offensive stats/moves and come somewhat late. There's not a single reason to use them other than "because I can/I like them".

It mostly relies on Effect Spore. If you could catch a Regeneration one w/o DW, it'd be better. :/ That said, if you need a grass type, Hahakomori is bet-*is shot*

(ok, ok, fine, i know my Hahakomori fanboyism is getting too far)

or you can always use Shikijika. It gets Jump Kick for excellent earlygame coverage, and if you get Herbivore, Shikijika can come in on an immunity and get a free Howl on top of it.

For those of you who've gotten their hands on the game (I'm holding out for the American release), how feasible do you think it would be to go through the game without using one of the starters? I'm loving the B/W Gen on the whole, but the starters are just... meh to me :| I don't particularly feel like using any of them, and if it doesn't make the game significantly more difficult, I'll probably stop using the one I choose as soon as possible.

Yorterry can carry you through the game if necessary. Just get 5 other Yorterries with Pickup, and you're set for the earlygame.

Midgame you get awesome stuff like Blitzle, Sewaddle(*shot*), Sawk, Throh, CONKELDURR Jr., etc.

Lategame comes Axew and his Axe face of doom.

tldr: you don't need starters lol

For those of you who've gotten their hands on the game (I'm holding out for the American release), how feasible do you think it would be to go through the game without using one of the starters? I'm loving the B/W Gen on the whole, but the starters are just... meh to me :| I don't particularly feel like using any of them, and if it doesn't make the game significantly more difficult, I'll probably stop using the one I choose as soon as possible.
You can just discard the starters for other pokes of the same type if you feel like it. Chandelure or Darmanitan for fire, Jellycent for Water, and/or Whimsicott/Lillygant/Sawsbuck for grass. For early game you'll be fine with just Drillbut and the doggy. <3

OK, got to Dent. It seems that I am now a crazy Yorterry fanatic, I have 4 of them in my party and 3 more in the PC. Do I get a cookie?

IIRC, i ditched dewott as soon as I got frilloon on my japanese game. Instead I mainly focused on Scraggy, Darmanitan (whom I evolved before 4th gym) and Excadrill (who evolved before the 5th gym at lv 33 with EQ). Frilloon did okay, and when he evolved he was my main and most reliable tank with recover. BUT he was no weakling either. With boiling water+evil eye, Jellicent was always able to deal some serious damage(and is a lot more fun than a starter anyday)

I've done that.

Lilligant/Doreida totally outclasses Snivy in-game, hence why it's a higher teir.

If you're gonna go starterless, use Snivy, and then replace with Lilligant. Comes after the 2nd Gym, and replaces Smugleaf. Butterfly Dance at 28 > Coil at 36 or whatever. Especially when you have Giga Drain and Sleep Powder.

Using Snivy also gives you the best monkey.

If I recall, my starter-less run had this team:

Swanna, Kilnklang, Lilligant, Penndora, Renkulus, and I honestly can't remember the 6th Mon.

Seriously, Sleep Poweder -> Butterfly Dance -> Sweep EVERYTHING. Type coverage is bleh, but so's Snivy's.

But once he evolved, i didn't start using him frequently again until after the 5th gym(but he raped Yahkon's excadrill with one fire punch). He is called a god for good reason.

Any late-game super powers??
I know their hard to grind up but i keep seeimg things like the fire-anteater and ainto and im underwhelmed.

Any late-game super powers??
I know their hard to grind up but i keep seeimg things like the fire-anteater and ainto and im underwhelmed.
Please define late-game. If you mean post-E4, its called Kyurem and Ulgamoth.
If you mean before E4, Kuitaran(fire anteater), and Aianto all suck ass. Monozu takes eternity to train. So when you say this, I believe you mean Baruchai/Washibon.

I guess kojofu & kojondo are late game super powers in different ways. Kojofu comes before the 7th Gym (looking at you KokoaKiwi;D) and rapes, but Kojondo comes immediately at a high level post E4 and is extroardinarily powerful & useful straight away.

I guess kojofu & kojondo are late game super powers in different ways. Kojofu comes before the 7th Gym (looking at you KokoaKiwi;D) and rapes, but Kojondo comes immediately at a high level post E4 and is extroardinarily powerful & useful straight away.
why even bother
Kyurem and Ulgamoth completely stomp post-E4 by themselves its not even funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)