In need of help, pretty urgent...(rmt)

Team Warbeast

Team Warbeast
The ones who crave war

The Strategy: obviously, I want to take out the opposing team. The main game plan is to deal as much damage as possible, and let Lucario finish everything up via Deoxys E style. There has to be as much power as synergy to be able to completely have the ultimate team. Failure is not an option, even though you cannot escape the uninevitable. I threw this team together with the help of everyone else that posted. I also added a "theme." This "team theme" is war. It kinda makes the rmt interesting, because I hate boring rmts.

The problem isn't weakness, the problem is just overall un bulky. No pokemon can be a threat, but they can just hit me with whatever and I die. I'm thinking of ading a knock off Hariyama, as it would work wonders for me. Maybe over Lax.

FIRST TO FIGHT
Praise the lord, and pass the ammunition.

Lucario @ Life Orb

Adamant
Inner Focus
252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 Hp
-Extremespeed
-Close combat
-Bullet Punch
-HP ICE

Description: Lucario is looking great. Not too sure, but I want Bullet Punch really bad. Lucario works great on this team, and I definately want to keep him. The late game sweeper of this team, I might want Bullet Punch to stop pesky ghosts. Still debating that. HP ice stops Salamence from wrecking havoc. In case it isn't obvious,Lucario's HP Ice OHKOs Salamence.

JARHEAD
You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit em

Snorlax @ Leftovers

Sassy
Thick Fat
252 Hp/50 Atk/ 28 Def/ 180 Sp def
-Rest
-Sleep talk
-Pursuit
-Body Slam/ Return

Description: Pursuit is a great move, and works excellent on Snorlax. ReSTalk lax is really great, and takes forever to take down. He may seem broken, but he can be very effective. Return is my choice for 20% added power, even though parahax will really benefit my team.

DEVIL "DRAGON"
Casualties many; percentage of dead unknown ;combat efficiency ;we are winning

Salamence @ Choice specs

Timid
252 Sp atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 Hp
- Flamethrower
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
- Earthquake

Description: I'm still searching for a lead. Salamence works, but not as well as I expected. Let's just say that a scarfed mence only deals 35% to Venusaur with flamethower, essentially a 3hko. I would rather ohko something with draco meteor and take a hit instead of outspeed something and not be able to kill it.

LEATHERNECK
Retreat hell! We just got here!
Gliscor @ Leftovers
Impish
Sand Veil
252 Hp/4 Atk/ 252 Def
-Taunt
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
- Roost

Description:Skarmory < Gliscor. Gliscor sets up taunt to "PHaze", Ice fang potentially 2hkos Chomp and mence, and he is able to roost it off. Earthquake also gets nice STAB. Standard physical tank.

CAPTAIN
No forgiveness

Deoxys E @ EXPERT BELT!

Naive
160 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe (suggested by Skiddle, thanks alot!)
-Thunderbolt
-Superpower
- Shadow Ball
- Ice beam

Description: Another late game sweeper, the best out there in my opinion. Not too much to say, he is quite standard though. I wonder how HP fire will work on him...Metagross destroys him...especially one on one. Maybe over Thunderbolt. I'm positive that CB gross can OHKO him with tpunch anyways. Sash stops the whole yachechomp problem.

M-16
Once a marine, always a marine

Metagross @ Choice Band(Suggested by Stathakis, thank you very much!)

Adamant
252 Hp/244 Hp/12 Def
-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
-Earthquake
-Thunder Punch

Description: CB Metagross always seems to dominate the metagame, and after Stathakis suggested it, I was eager to try it out. He works really well on my team, but i'm not too sure if I want bullet punch or Thunderpunch. Even Ice punch seems tempting.

THREAT LIST:
I'll explain how to kill them, instead of saying "garchomp,gengar, etc
Threats in RED

Tyranitar - Lucario comes in, outspeeds it, and OHKO's with a close combat.

Gyarados -Metagross can come in on it and deal massive damage with Thunderpunch.

Azelf - Snorlax can Pusuit it, and end up killing it, or it will usually explode, going suicide.

Rhyperior - Lucario can come in on him and use Bullet Punch, or Metagross can easily OHKO with Meteor mash.

Electivire - Metagross can take a fire attack, and deal damage tenfold bacl at him. Salamence can use Draco meteor for the quick kill, or Gliscor can use Earthquake.

Heracross - Gliscor is the main Heracross counter. I have Gliscor on my team. Case closed.

Salamence - Lucario's HP OHKOs, Gliscor 2hko's with Ice fang. No threat at all.

Togekiss - Deoxys E, Lucario's HP ice.

Gengar - Metagross OHKO's with Meteor mash, Lucario OHKOs with Bullet punch.

Garchomp - Lucario can take a fire fang and hit back with HP Ice.

Raikou - He's pretty mediocre in OU.

Lucario - Deoxys E can use Superpower and OHKO.

Tauros - He's quite frail for OU, my whole team can take him.

Starmie - Snorlax can paralyze and then proceed to body slamming into submission.

Weavile - 2 of my pokemon (Lucario, Deoxys E,) have fighting attacks, and will destroy him. Lucario is the one that will be sent out first vs Weavile.

Dugtrio - Any priority move.

Alakazam - Very mediocre pokemon for OU.

PorygonZ - Lucario's Close combat.

Medicham - Priority, priority, priority

Staraptor - Metagross can tpunch him into the floor.

Slowbro - One of the most annoying walls. Usually I like to paralyze them with Snorlax, and then if I can't get the job done, explode in his face with Metagross.

Machamp - Deoxys Shadow ball, Salamence Draco Meteor. He can be a slight threat, so i'll mark him, but usually you just have to wear and tear.

Jolteon - Gliscor completely walls him. In case of HP ice, just go with Priority...CBGross

Aerodactyl - Ice attacks shoot him down. I.E. Lucario's HP ice.

Snorlax - Close Combat, Explosion, Superpower,

Zapdos - Always a hassle...usually I wear him down. Sometimes I have to explode in his face.

Blissey - Close Combat puts a whole through this wall.

Suicune - So very annoying. Usually I can paralyze with body slam and take him from there.

Sceptile - If he's not gone in 2 turns something's wrong.

Breloom - ReSTalklax can sleeptalk a paralysis right his way, and then from there, I just hit him with whatever's lying around.

Slaking - Seems like it has potential, but the ability renders it useless.

Tangrowth - Never underestimate Tangrowth. This thing is an annoying staller, but once it's hit with a status, it basically kills itself.

Ninjask - Taunt stops it dead in its tracks. The if it decides to attack, it's made a huge mistake, because Gliscor likes to eat bugs.

Metagross - Usually takes out one of my pokes, and I end up revenging it the next turn.

Heatran - Salamence can Eq it, Glis can EQ it.

Celebi - It tries to setup on Snorlax, and then I catch it with Pursuit.

Jirachi - This thing never seems to die. The CM set it quite powerful, but otherwise it dies to Flames.

Deoxys-S - 2 Priority moves MAX will destroy it.

Credit goes to everyone who posted and helped. It took me a while to get all the quotes, as shocking as that is.

The pictures are huge O.o.

Suggestions:

1. Give Sleeptalk Snorlax Body Slam and Crunch. Fire Blast seems nice, but Skarm can heal beforehand, and 8 pp isn't much to last. Snorlax's role is best suited for Para-hax and covering annoying critics with Crunch.

2. Maybe remake that Deoxys-S a Rash natured instead, if you really want power. Without those +Spe nature you could lose to an opposing Deoxys-S, but that shouldn't be it's main role, I believe.

Body slam gives great Parahax, but I find that with Return, you deal more damage, thus allowing Deoxys E to come in easier. Fire Blast makes it so that steels aren't immune to snorlax, and so that opposing Skarmory don't set up spikes on My own lax. I'll go Naive with Deoxys, thanks and Max speed is a good idea.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I would just go MixApe over ScarfApe and lead with Salamence, since Draco Meteor is so unexpected and hits so hard, trust me, Salamence lead will work out better. Eh the Snorlax is looking weird, I would keep the SleepTalk set and use Body Slam and Pursuit / Crunch to hit and trap Gengar and Starmie, 120 Hp / 136 Def / 252 SpDef @ Careful should be fine, you should be able to take special hits better. Why not replace Gallade for a Lucario? The priority moves on Lucario will help you alot, Extremespeed after a SD destroys things, and a SD CC OHKO's a Skarmory, so I would go Lucario > Gallade, just make sure you have Extremespeed and Crunch, because you are capable of handling Gengar with Snorlax.

Switching Gliscor > Skarmory should completely patch up the Lucario and Heracross weak, and some other physical power houses. Tbh, I would go Rapid Spin Starmie over Deoxys, you really need to get rid of the TS and SR as your sweepers are affected by it, and Starmie is also a reliable special attacker, just make sure you have Surf on it so Heatran won't wall you.

Just some suggestions, good luck!

If Snorlax is down, a ScarfGar could keep coming in and having it's way with your team and you could only watch. To fix this problem, I would suggest taking out Gallade for either Machamp (No Guard), or a SD Lucario with Bullet Punch to take out faster Ghost Types.

Regarding Mence, lead with him, and make Infernape MixApe. This way, you are getting more of a variation of Infernape's vast movepool, and can U-Turn out of trouble, while Salamence blasts almost all other leads to hell and back with Draco Meteor.

An opposing Lucario could do some damage after an SD, so I would suggest taking out Skarmory for a Gliscor as it patches up everything Lucario could do to you.

Finally, I would take out Deoxys *Gasppp* as I've never seen it to be that good *MORE GASPPSSS*. I would instead put in a bulky pokemon that can switch in and out without many worries and is a viable pokemon that can hold its own on one on ones. When I think of those words applying to a pokemon, 4 come to mind.

RestTalk Suicune
Standard Celebi
Standard T-Wave Cresselia
Physical Swampert.

Anyways, hope I helped.

Deoxys needs to be Naive with 160 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe. This outruns Scarfed Garchomp, scarfed pos. base 90s, and Rain Dance Kingdra. Your current EV spread is pretty wacked, what is it supposed to be doing?

I'll be back, I need some time to think about this team...

TCH! O_O

You got rid of Deoxys. Why? It does everything Starmie does and more, except Rapid Spin. I'm sure you'll miss the Deoxys sooner or later, but if you decide to come crawling back to it, use the EV spread I mentioned.

The other posters pretty much fixed up this team, so good luck :P

in sandstorm, snorlax is really going to be wishing that he had lefties, and this 'chainlax' or whatever it is, well, once you post a team, any surprise factor you had is gone, so you may as well go the logical route. please give snorlax lefties.

I dunno how you intend to beat deoxys, seeing as he outspeeds every member of your team and all, and the only pokemon not OHKO'd are easily 2HKO'd even without attack evs (snorlax). I mean, I guess you could wait for LO damage to put him into luke's KO range, but you know, what if they hold an expert belt? I've even seen kasib berry deoxys before, so counting on LO damage isn't the greatest idea. as far as 'who carries max speed on deoxys,' I think I'm going to dedicate my signature to stupid things you say, at least until it reaches the full six lines. yes, deoxys does outspeed your whole team and no, scarfmence will not deal with him.

anyways, to be honest, without the scarf, ape doesn't contribute much to this team without a scarf. I'd personally just take him out and replace him with something like cbgross, who has the ability to do massive damage, solve your deoxys problems, and even explode one key shit like gliscor that he's bound to lure in, helping you cement your sdluke sweep. also, if you're doing that whole lategame thing, you're going to want bullet punch to take care of those gengars and mismagiouses. another advantage of cbgross is that when you put counterdeoxys back on, you can even sweep with that in the lategame once certain steels are gone, which cbgross happens to OHKO. I'd go with the standard spread with 8 speed evs so that maggy can't 'revenge kill you' though most of the time you'll be locked into something other than earthquake. better safe than sorry, and 2 hp isn't going to help you survive anything anyways.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Just incase you haven't noticed, Gengar and "pesky ghosts" can be handled by Snorlax with Pursuit, making Bullet Punch useless when he can use Extremespeed to finish off pokemon, just a heads up.

Oh I didn't pay attention to that, my bad. Then, yes, Crunch is the option you want, because you can deal with pokemon like Cresselia that will stall your team to annoying lengths.

Just a few minor tweaks to hopefully make your team a bit more effective...

On your Salamence, you should not be using Timid if you're going to have a physical attack, go Naive if you want the speed. Also, Earthquake is not going to even 2HKO Tyranitar and 3HKO Blissey, you might as well go Brick Break. Any steels you're going to want to hit are going to be hit harder by Flamethrower/Fire Blast anyway, except Heatran whom Hydro Pump is for.

Naive over Adamant on Infernape, I think that's probably just a small mistake.

And lastly, I second Stathakis in saying you're going to want Leftovers recovery on Snorlax, the Chesto Berry isn't worth it for a one-shot recovery - especially if you have Sleep Talk anyway.

Ok, i'm sorry for being so naive? Anyways, I agree that Infernape without a scarf is too slow and frail to do much for my team. CB gross over him well work good, especially with Salamence.

Anyways, I am regretting removing Deoxys. Consider Starmie and Infernape gone.

This team looks pretty garchomp weak.

Garchomp
Earthquake=Dead Infernape
Earthquake=Dead Lucario
Earthquake=Dead Metagross
Outrage=Dead Salamence
Outrage will kill Deoxys Speed if he cant kill garcomp one shot
and Outrage will do lots to snorlax too.

This team looks pretty garchomp weak.

Garchomp
Earthquake=Dead Infernape
Earthquake=Dead Lucario
Earthquake=Dead Metagross
Outrage=Dead Salamence
Outrage will kill Deoxys Speed if he cant kill garcomp one shot
and Outrage will do lots to snorlax too.

hmm. Your right, to an extent. Garchomp will die to Deoxys E or Salamence Choice scarfed, so i'm not exactly worried about him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)