INDIAN vs CHINESE

• INDIAN

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • CHINESE

Votes: 47 51.1%
  • i am indian or chinese so i will just have 'food'

Votes: 18 19.6%

• Total voters
just kidding, honestly what were you expecting?!

it's snowing here in the UK and i can't get to the shops, so i'm ordering a takeaway: INDIAN OR CHINESE? - the most important question for the british working class with a taste for foreign food, but from the safety and comfort of their own home? probably not. is rodan the only one allowed to make stupid food threads? humour me.

pros and cons of each:

CHINESE

PROS:

- sorta more versatile menu

- you know what you're getting (usually)

- the man who owns my local chinese is scottish lol

CONS:

- charges extra for delivery

- too much choice on the menu and always: "oh i think i might try something new this time", look at the whole menu for 10 minutes and decide to stick to the usual chicken curry

- don't agree with communism

INDIAN

PROS:

- a (questionable) british tradition

- if you can't find anything you fancy, they always have a 'BRITISH' section at the back of the menu with chicken and chips or some kind of pie - thoughtful.

- a warm meal on a cold night ~~~

CONS:

- "mild or medium?", "as mild as you can, please" - always too hot

- don't understand anything on the menu

- order more than one main meal and they arrive and all look the same, which one is mine?

- chicken korma always tastes the same

to help me decide, i've included a handy poll, go vote and post your PROS and CONS.

p.s. don't suggest pizza or any shit like that, i'm not a pussy

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i dont even care that i'm an hour an a half late i will denounce the evils of indian food and uphold the good that is chinese.

edit: also lol @ indian food being "british tradition"

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Over here in the Nether we call pretty much all eastern food chinese, idk what the situation regarding that in the UK is tho

indian for sure. the food has way more flavour, isn't really oily, and spice is good. not to mention i trust indians more when it comes to vegetarian food. i do go to a chinese place for the most amazing hot chips i have ever had but that doesn't really count.

at just a little over six years on this site with only 27 posts to your name you are averaging 4 and a half posts per year

also i'm chinese so i prefer indian food

Real Indian food is better than real Chinese food, but the Americanized Fast Food Chinese is better than the British Fast Food Indian. Im Indian so I may be biased though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
- "mild or medium?", "as mild as you can, please" - always too hot
Be a man.

I scare the Indians when I ask for their hottest shit and when they ask if its heat is fine and I tell them it's not hot enough.

Get outta here.

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
not gonna lie i expected this thread to be about aldaron and iconic

(but if it's not too late go chinese food imo it's p nice)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chinese

Pros:

FOOOOODD!!!!!

-But seriously, for me this is the equivalent "comfort food" or "soul food"-- so everything good that comes with that.

Note: If I had to choose between all the soup noodle dishes in the world (Ramen, Soba, Pho, Naengmyeon, chicken noodle soup, etc.) I would pick good ol' Southern Chinese Won Ton Min, with my super skinny noodles, simple broth, and simmery goodness.

Cons:

-For me this is the equivalent "comfort food" or "soul food"-- so everything bad that comes with that too. ie. it gets boring if I live at home for too long.

Japanese food too-- it's comfort food, the most standard stuff to me, but man does it get old (especially after living there for a couple years). When my grandma (Mom's side, Japanese side of the family) sent me a package of snacks from Hawaii to my house in Japan. I opened it and was pretty dismayed to find Instant Ochazuke mix, Furikake, and Senbe. I was like, "srsly?"

I'm moving to Guang Zhou this fall. I'm scared to think how bored I'm going to get of Chinese food. We'll see how much I still like Won Ton min when I get back. lol

Indian

Pros:
-Exotic
-Tasty

Cons:
-Portions are WAY too small
-kind of sucky here in Hawaii since Indians are like the one ethnic group from Asia we don't have.
-They don't give nearly enough food.
-They don't give ANYWHERE NEAR enough rice.

Note: Typical Indian hot is substantially more mild than typical Thai hot, so generally Indian food's heat doesn't phase me. Korean hot is pathetic compared to Indian hot. Finally, NEVER trust the Japanese when they say something is spicy... it'll barely tickle the tongue. :/

ok let's get a brown man's perspective

spicy food is good when the spice adds to the flavor. when brown food is spicy it's because it brings out the flavor in a dish. i don't like spice in food for the sole purpose of putting spice in food (i'm not a hot sauce guy), but spicy brown food is a-okay because it's ingrained in the dish. i like chinese food (as i like italian food and mediterranean food and basically everything), but brown food is the shit. legit the sheer amount of variety in even similar dishes, and basically everything (and the fact that i eat it a lot and like it!!!) is ahhhh. basically brown food >>>> rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)