Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably have a WEP/ router or settings double check.
(you may have noticed that my English isn't that good)
I'm not sure what you mean. I use DLan on my PC and use a WiFi-dongle thingy for the instacheck-hotspot. I can connect to my WEP-router with the 3ds normally but I can't connect to the instacheck-hotspot. So can I do anything to use the instacheck-hotspot or is it impossible?

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
(you may have noticed that my English isn't that good)
I'm not sure what you mean. I use DLan on my PC and use a WiFi-dongle thingy for the instacheck-hotspot. I can connect to my WEP-router with the 3ds normally but I can't connect to the instacheck-hotspot. So can I do anything to use the instacheck-hotspot or is it impossible?
I'm not sure sorry.

Welp I have my instacheck working if anyone needs my help and if someone could return the favor for me by helping me check my eggs as well. I have 12 Noibats to check.

I'm starting to think that all these posts in the thread made to find someone to check eggs or to find someone with a particular SV are clogging the thread and burying posts related to the program itself, which is what I thought this thread was first and foremost about. There should be a pinned thread for checking eggs separate from this one, so that this thread can be just about the actual program and issues users are having with it.

I posted a problem with the Standalone version on November 27th:
Okay, so I finally got Instacheck to work by using the Standalone version. However, when I trade with someone and select "show", my info appears on the side of the box where the other trainer's info is supposed to appear. And when the other person shows me something, it's info does not appear. I've attached a screenshot. I really hope someone can help me with this; I was so excited when I thought I finally had this program running but am crushed to find it only works half of the way and even then works very oddly.
It's been nearly 20 pages, and in those 20 pages, others have posted about having the same problem:
Ok on the standalone I can only see one side and not mine how do i fix this? I'm too lazy to read past posts about it
I have the same problem. No one has found a solution yet, I believe.
20 pages, and only a handful of posts actually about the program, with the ones about the program being problems that need to be addressed. But because of all the posts looking for people to check eggs and such, the posts actually pertaining to the program itself are being buried and overlooked.

Esmeya

I'm starting to think that all these posts in the thread made to find someone to check eggs or to find someone with a particular SV are clogging the thread and burying posts .
While I agree it's more the people who know the answers to these (or troubleshoot) aren't here to answer, ever, and are mostly on IRC. I help some of them occasionally through PM's but, yes, the massive list of "Do you have any of these matching TSV's for my 100 eggs" is a bit tedious.

Edit: And the Standalone version has awful problems and is basically useless for most people trying to use it anyway.

I've managed to get through every pokemon to date without IV training... Just received a 5-IV bagon (Have no idea what IV's or anything but still it sounds impressive) in return for hatching a shiny togepi.

Edit: I know it's off-topic, but it is sorta about shinys and egg hatching.

Last edited:

Esmeya

I've managed to get through every pokemon to date without IV training... Just got a 5-IV bagon (Have no idea what IV's or anything but still it sounds impressive) in return for hatching a shiny togepi.
That's not exactly relevant but congratulations :)

Welp I have my instacheck working if anyone needs my help and if someone could return the favor for me by helping me check my eggs as well. I have 12 Noibats to check.
You are breeding noibats? I have a 31/0/31/31/31/31 shiny myself. But It was a long process. I can offer you a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Noibat parent or two to speed your own breeding up. If you would like.

Off the above topic. I have instacheck running and I am looking for the TSV 39 if anyone has it. If not then its not biggy. Can help check eggs and such.

You are breeding noibats? I have a 31/0/31/31/31/31 shiny myself. But It was a long process. I can offer you a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Noibat parent or two to speed your own breeding up. If you would like.

Off the above topic. I have instacheck running and I am looking for the TSV 39 if anyone has it. If not then its not biggy. Can help check eggs and such.
Yes I am, its my favorite pokemon so at the very leastr Im trying to get that one pokemon as a perfect, or near perfect shiny. Im not sure what I could offer you for that 5V parent there, I haven't done a lot of breeding for IVs yet, just getting started into it and I dont have enormous amounts of time ot dedicate to it. Can you give me some ideas of something youd be looking for in return for it? Maybe I can find something I have that matches your interests.

Edit: Forgot to ask, what gender is the noibat? I have one 5V noi with those precise perfect IVs but my other is 4V so if its the same gender of my 4V thatd be lovely.

I just registered because I need help. I read through like 15 pages but apparently no one else had this problem or I didn't see it.
I can start the hotspot perfectly, but when I try to connect to it on my 3DS it has this grey locked icon and says "security settings are not supported". Does anyone know how I can fix it?
Change your password type. Make your password a WPA2.

While I agree it's more the people who know the answers to these (or troubleshoot) aren't here to answer, ever, and are mostly on IRC. I help some of them occasionally through PM's but, yes, the massive list of "Do you have any of these matching TSV's for my 100 eggs" is a bit tedious.

Edit: And the Standalone version has awful problems and is basically useless for most people trying to use it anyway.
I always try to offer as much help as I can and yeah the Standalone version has it's flaws but having a flawed verson up and unning is better than not having one at all. In my opinion.

Also, to ALL on this thread. If you need SV checks I'm available inside the Pokemon SV Raidcall. I try to take checks there so that this thread can be less flooded with Sv check requests.

Esmeya

I always try to offer as much help as I can and yeah the Standalone version has it's flaws but having a flawed verson up and unning is better than not having one at all. In my opinion.

Also, to ALL on this thread. If you need SV checks I'm available inside the Pokemon SV Raidcall. I try to take checks there so that this thread can be less flooded with Sv check requests.
I never said it wasn't and I agree.

Maybe you and I can check together? :)
Sounds good to me, I only have a couple eggs needing checked since the last time I checked, but wont hurt anything to check them already. =)

Btw, Im having difficulty updating my signature there. Not sure why it wont put my Fc when I type it in the box.

I never said it wasn't and I agree.
No don't take my post as anything mean. I totally agree with you. I sometimes wish I could slap this Standalone version. Mine is only half working (only one side registers what is shown) and I get about 3 different popups on that stupid thing! I loathe it but I guess it's better than nothing. As long as I alternate between both wireless connections I can see both mine and their pokemon.

Sounds good to me, I only have a couple eggs needing checked since the last time I checked, but wont hurt anything to check them already. =)

Btw, Im having difficulty updating my signature there. Not sure why it wont put my Fc when I type it in the box.
Lol I sent a convo about it all. :) You can send me your FC there. :)

Esmeya

No don't take my post as anything mean. I totally agree with you. I sometimes wish I could slap this Standalone version. Mine is only half working (only one side registers what is shown) and I get about 3 different popups on that stupid thing! I loathe it but I guess it's better than nothing. As long as I alternate between both wireless connections I can see both mine and their Pokemon.
I didn't take it as anything mean. I just, kind of, don't type with inflection I suppose. I'm sorry. Anyway, the only problem I have is I can't exactly surf certain websites while having it running or the thing goes wonky and gives me 10,000 array errors. But it's fine =)

I didn't take it as anything mean. I just, kind of, don't type with inflection I suppose. I'm sorry. Anyway, the only problem I have is I can't exactly surf certain websites while having it running or the thing goes wonky and gives me 10,000 array errors. But it's fine =)
What are the errors? They are probably the usually cruddy "Invoke or BeingINvoke" messages that I loathe so passionately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)