International WiFi Tournament -International Challenge- WON BY Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put my name down! Brendan from Queensland, Australia.

While I'll by no means be near the top, still be enjoying the competition none-the-less.

Nic from Karnataka, India.

Quote: (I might change: WILL YOU JOIN FOR NAP? to MACHINE IS THE REASON FOR LOL!)

Happy tournament everybody!

Quick question for this:

Do I need to put my Pokemon in the Battle Box right now or before I battle my first battle and if so, can I still use that team that's in the Battle Box on the GBU on Random Matchup?

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You just need to have the Pokemon in the battle box before you start your first battle in the Wi-Fi Tourney.

I believe you can still play GBU and random match up with the Battle Box in the middle of the Wi-Fi tourney, it's just that you cannot change the contents of the Battle Box due to it being locked in.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Urgh. Finally got my team together and was trying to do some test battles online but getting disconnected like crazy. Not sure what the issue is because I played in the last tournament just fine with the same router x.x

Cassie

giant claw
It seems Rated is down/has been down since around 3 AM EST. I was having the same problems earlier, WiFi was dcing a lot, but only in Rated battles/Friend battles.

Anyway I've decided on my final team so no more stressing over that.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I may also be using a 2nd game with an entirely different team as well, lol 2 battles at once potentially. ee from Connecticut on that 2nd one.

I plan on registering soon... I'm just having problems getting a team together because none of my Pokemon are IV bred or EV trained. So I need to gather Pokemon from the VGC threads here quickly - or find a second DS to gather my D/P Pokemon. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it a lot.

I'm using my team I just used in the VGC events... Ideally I would change a few things now I know the main weaknesses of the team, but I don't have the time. Oh well, should still be good fun I hope.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Guys, don't forget to post your ingame OT and Location, for the first post, then we can identify each other as we go, and keep track of who plays who.

I'm registered, but I don't know how much effort i'll be sinking into this. Should be a fun way to pass the time anyhows!

In as Sam from the UK.

Really looking forward to lots of VGC battles against skilled players, after being haxed out of Birmingham only a few rounds in.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'm not trying to start anything at all, and this is just my opinion, but I don't think using two games is fair, and the rules specificly point out that you shouldn't do it. Maybe you guys are using them differently, but people like DragonMasterCody abuse two games in order to reach the top of the GBU Charts. You just get on when nobody's around in order to guarantee one cart an auto-win.

That is, unless you guys are just like running 2 games for fun or something?

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'll be using my Japanese Black version for this tourney.

OT: あずさ
Location: N/A (because I can't put locations outside of Japan)
Greeting: I never miss BLIZZARD. It's part of what I do every day.

With some help I was able to make my team and register it to the battle box \o/
I wonder if we're allowed to register our battle box even after the sign up phase closes on the pokemon-gl site...

Anyways, GL to everyone! >:]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)