Intoxicating Stall (RMT)

INTOXICATING STALL

You like Toxic? Yes, Toxic is an incredibly common move for the simple fact that it can be used, for just about anything I guess, it can fit into stalling teams, offensive teams, and sometimes even weather teams. Toxic is most common on stall teams, so I decided to build a team that incorporates just that, a reliance on Toxic. This team bases on Toxic, because as we might know, sometimes, Toxic Spikes can be unreliable, as a Rapid Spinner just blows it right off. But the move Toxic is there, it stays right on. Now, I don't want to rely too heavily on just the move Toxic, so I've incorporated some other strategies on. Without much further ado I give you my new team.

A glance at the team:

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Taunt
Earthquake
Roost
Stealth Rock

Under the suggestion on ginganinja, I changed my lead from Umbreon to Gliscor, which was probably a good idea, since Gliscor has better typing, better offense, the ability to set up stealth rock, and taunts faster. Earthquake takes out some leads like the ever so popular Infernape.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold Nature
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
Surf
Ice Beam
Wish
Toxic

Toxic user no.1 Thanks to some help, I changed Shuckle to Vaporeon to counter steel types. It was a great choice. He kept some threats like Heatran in check, Ice Beam helped immensely, and has amazingly high HP. Wish was a nice inclusion also.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Wish
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Toxic

Toxic the 2rd. Taking the suggestion of some posters, I changed Blissey's cleric set to a wishing set to get her to be a more effective supporter along with Vaporeon. Not much changed besides changing Wish for Aromatherapy.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Payback
Earthquake

Forretress has high defense and is useful as a Defense wall on a level. He is useful for removing any entry hazards that threaten the team. Spikes is useful on some level, especially if there are already 3 layers. ginganinja, recommended changing Gyro Ball to Payback, and Explosion for Earthquake, so I did.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Substitute
Calm Mind
Psychic
Thunderbolt

I changed my set to a Substitute and Calm Mind set help counter some threats while still being able to maintain a defensive nature. Thunderbolt provides a way to counter Gyarados besides Rorom, and Psychic is for STAB.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Hydro Pump
Shadow Ball

Toxic Finale. This is my last Toxic user. His primary role is not as a Spin-Blocker but rather, he has considerable defenses to stand it's ground. Thunderbolt is necessary for STAB, and Shadow Ball as another STAB.

Please rate, comment, and inToxicate.

I'm not the best rater, but a good steel (Heatran) would destroy this team. Steel = immune to poison. Need to come up with an answer to that glaring problem.

I'm not the best rater, but a good steel (Heatran) would destroy this team. Steel = immune to poison. Need to come up with an answer to that glaring problem.
Toxic Finale. This is my last Toxic user. His primary role is not as a Spin-Blocker but rather a considerable counter to a big threat, Heatran. Rotom-W has good enough potential to beat Heatran with a Hydro Pump and has considerable defenses to stand it's ground. Thunderbolt is necessary for STAB, and Shadow Ball as another STAB.
Did you read it throughly?

As for other steel types, I think I need to change Forretress' Explosion with Earthquake to give a good counter.

Personally I would incorporate a bulky water such as Vaporeon just do to the fact that it can run set very similar to what your Umbreon is running and provides a fire resistance that no one on your team has at the moment and can come in on a water attack and get a free heal. But you would have to move some pokes around if you were to go with Vaporeon, as it can't run taunt.

Other then that i really like your team. Gl.

I don't like shuckle because of his horrible hp I would turn umbreon in to a baton trapper and put skar as a lead and scrap shuckle all together

Did you read it throughly?

As for other steel types, I think I need to change Forretress' Explosion with Earthquake to give a good counter.
Yeah, you realise that after SR Rotom-W has a 2.56% to OHKO standard 0 HP / 0 SpD Heatran with Hydro Pump, not to mention he easily 2HKOs you, and the LO variant has a chance to OHKO with rocks down, this is all with the Timid 252 SpA variant. Also you need a GOOD Heatran counter, something like Vaporeon would do, because he is likely to be the most used pokemon in the next few months.

Also you need a better lead, honestly what does that Umbreon do against any of the top leads! Azelf can Taunt/SR and U-Turn out, surviving with Sash in tact, and the only common lead you are scaring is Swampert.

Shuckle is barely viable in OU, he doesn't stop much at all. Infernape/Gyarados/Jirachi/justabouteverythingelse can OHKO/2HKO him, and Gyarados can Taunt, then Dragon Dance and quite possibly sweep your whole team. Bide is like lol, set up on me please, you don't have the Bulk in OU to set up Wrap + Encore + Bide...

Quite honestly, this team is showing little promise, as it falls to the most common of OUs such as Gengar, Gyarados, Infernape and Heatran, I would just remake the whole team..

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@SHizzle I agree with you so this is what I came up with.....

Heatran and Lucario pretty much screw this team. Toxic fails to affect them and they can rip your tea mapart. Sure Rotom can hit a Heatran for super effective damage with Hydro Pump. Congrats. Its still comming in on Jirachi everytime and you cannot keep switching Rotom in on it forever. Likewise as stated what is dealing with Lucario? It sets up on Jirachi (heck even Blissey and Umbreon) and sweeps you with ease. So I will be making some serious changes to make this team viable.

Umbreon: With its 65 Base Speed its not outrunning much thus Taunt has little use. You are currently outrunning Metagross and Swampet which will simply hit you with a Meteor Mash and earthquake respectivally. I suggest a Gliscor over Umbreon. It still Taunts and has a beter recovery move but its faster and beats Lucario which your team fails to harm. Gliscor can also set up SR for your team.

Blissey: Its a really nice special wall. You can keep it but make it a Wish Bliss for Wish support. Its a very effective Blissey set which can discourage Heatran and Metagross from Exploding too early.

Forretress: I am going to suggest you run Earthquake and Payback on Forretress over Gyro Ball and Explosion. Payback hits ghosts trying to Spin Block and Earthquake hits Heatran nicely.

Rotom: Keep with as it is I don't really have anything to suggest for it.

Shuckle: Yes it has high defensive stats, great. You still need a Fire Check (and by Fire Check I mean Fire Switch in) and Vaporeon its perfectly forming a nice duel wish core with Blissey. Vaporeon walls most Heatran and it can scare off Dragons with Ice Beam.

Lastly you have a Jirachi. Its nice but if you want something to abuse TOxic Spikes then I suggest the Substitute + CM version which works exceptinally well with Toxic SPikes. If you really miss the wish support (you should'nt) then you can alsways go back to you previous set or try a Wish + CM version.

Hope I helped

Have a Nice Day!

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm certain that you need to test your teams before posting them here as a RMT, from what I can see you probably have not done this.

Sticking Toxic on 4 of your team members is overkill. Since Umbreon isn't doing much to the most common leads, why not lead with Roserade so you can sleep other leads and set up Toxic Spikes right from the start?

A fast Taunter like Gliscor or Gyarados laughs at your team and the only answer you have to them is Rotom. Umbreon should definitely be scrapped for Roserade while Shuckle replaced by a bulky water like Vaporeon, Suicune or Swampert to check opposing steel types.

I'm gonna go with ginganinja's suggestions. They seem very constructive and effective while still being able to retain the core of the team.

I just have one question, will a Jirachi CM as a sweeper really fit well with a stall team?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you are using CMrachi it is essentially going to be your late-game trump card on a stall team once everything on your opponent's team has been worn down by entry hazards and Toxic. That way CMrachi will be able to able to sweep through worn-down walls with just one or two Calm Minds under its belt. By all means give it a go.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well if you were having a real stall team then I would be having Tentacruel in the mix and all sorts of stuff. Since you have some kind of Themed Stall I suggested a CM Rachi to abuse the Toxiced pokemon your opponient will have. Personally I would just turn the team into a Toxic Spike abuse team and throw in stuf like Sub Roost Zapdso but that is not realy playing the kind of stall your are after I think.

One thing I would change is all the annoying colors, its infuriating.

You also might like some passive sandstorm damage since with Sand veil, Gliscor can really annoy the opponent.

I haven't read to much into this team, but gengar is immune to 2 of your pokemon. wow might be better on rotom for hitting steels, poisons, and physical threats. Your team also has a slight fire weakness.

I've always been a fan of this EV spread for Gliscor:

Gliscor - Jolly 216 Spe / 88 Atk / rest HP.

With this, you'll still be able to outspeed base 90s (such as Roserade and Lucario). 88 Attack EVs guarantee a 2HKO on Lead Metagross.

I don't have much of a time to do a ''good'' rate (like always...), but here I go;

First off, this team looks solid, but it needs some more reliable Spiker/Phazer; For that I would suggest switching Foretress with SpDef Skarm or hell even Defensive Skarm since Salamence and Latias are bye-bye. Also, I know you team is based on toxic, but I would highly consider switching up Toxic with Roar on Vaporeon as well as maybe adding protect, otherwise your Vaporeon's & mate's longevity won't be long; it will allow you not only to scout but to rack up damage more easily on your opponent's team. I find your Rotom-W quite intresting, gimmicky but awesome. At any rate, I think you should try pain split instead of Shadow Ball, although you do have wish support so longevity shouldn't be a problem.

Concerning the threats, you are quire MixApe weak; it can deal serious damage on all you team and could even sweep you. However if you play carefully Rotom-W should be able to deal with it.

I think that with a few small moveset changes you could make this team a lot better. Firstly consider UTurn somewhere on your Gliscor set. I think if you run Gliscor as a lead it is paramount for you to be able to actually do something to the two most common leads, because at the moment you just lose to Taunt, however uncommon that is on Azelf at the moment.

Secondly, I think that Toxic Spikes >>> EQ on Forretress saves so many moveslots on each pokemon. Not to mention a Jirachi sweep is so much easier when Toxic Spikes wears down ttar and Blissey. If you make this change, Roar or possibly Protect >>> Toxic on Vaporeon. Raor could be the more useful option because when you use Roar and you have 3 layers of Spikes and TSpikes and sr up courtesy of Gliscor/Forry, but if you use Protect then you guarantee recovery the turn after Wish, I'm at a loss at which would be more useful. Also Flamethrower >>> Toxic and Protect >>> Softboiled, gives you a slightly better option scouting while Wish heals you rather than two recovery moves. As the third change Pain Split is definitely a better option for Rotom-W >>> Toxic, to counter the pokemon that it is designated to it needs recovery.

That's all, hope I helped.

EDIT: Intoxicated is when you're drunk and not poisoned. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)