General Introduce yourself!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello all, I'm UWS) Citizen, my PS name is basically the same. I only play in OU because I find the most interest in it. Don't blame my english, I'm from France so I may maje some mistakes from time to time. I recently bought ORAS and a 3DS but I don't do Wifi battles, I'm too lazy for that, PS already does the thing. I hope I'll have fun there !
Hello UWS) Citizen!
I also love the Over Used metagame. Say, have you visited the OU room in Showdown, or its forum here at Smogon? You can get involved with the ongoing discussions there. Have a great time here at Smogon!

Heya ChristLover!
Welcome to Smogon! What's your favorite Eeveelution? Mine is Sylveon. :I Don't worry, this is the right place to introduce yourself; and great that you did! If you have any questions, check out our questions thread or VM me and I'll see if I can help! Have a great time!

Thanks! My favorite is Umbreon. So dark like me. Just kidding!

Hi I just started and I am 15 years old. If I knew how to play it would be much easier. If you can help go to reader909 and type me it so I know how to play.

Well... I seem to have turned up. I'll probably lurk a lot, because I tend to do that. I mostly play the 3rd and sometimes (when I can find them) 4th gen games more than any of the others, and I never got into competitive much. I just play for fun, and a certain Hydrattler persuaded me to make an account so I'm not just some random person who drops in #oi from time to time.
Outside of Pokemon, I'm known to be quite a few things. A regular puppy, a brony, a massive D&D nerd, a modded minecraft player... and probably other things I forgot.
I could say things on each of those things I've been known to be, but I can't go telling you everything... gotta let you have the fun of getting to know me yourselves, don't I?
Like finding out why my views on a certain matter boil down to this: A Fish!

Hello UWS) Citizen!
I also love the Over Used metagame. Say, have you visited the OU room in Showdown, or its forum here at Smogon? You can get involved with the ongoing discussions there. Have a great time here at Smogon!
Thanks a lot ! Well I haven't visited the OU Room yet, neither its forum since I spend most of my time on the french room of PS and testing my team in rated. I will definetly take a look on the different forums and maybe post my team once I'll get confident with it.

QueBien

Well... I seem to have turned up. I'll probably lurk a lot, because I tend to do that. I mostly play the 3rd and sometimes (when I can find them) 4th gen games more than any of the others, and I never got into competitive much. I just play for fun, and a certain Hydrattler persuaded me to make an account so I'm not just some random person who drops in #oi from time to time.
Outside of Pokemon, I'm known to be quite a few things. A regular puppy, a brony, a massive D&D nerd, a modded minecraft player... and probably other things I forgot.
I could say things on each of those things I've been known to be, but I can't go telling you everything... gotta let you have the fun of getting to know me yourselves, don't I?
Like finding out why my views on a certain matter boil down to this: A Fish!
Hi Tygah!
Welcome to Smogon! I play the 3rd Generation, too; in fact, I started with it! I also play mostly for fun, but sometimes when I create some random teams, they do well. :x Also, puppies! <3 I play a bunch of other games besides Pokemon, too. Anyways, have fun!
I think nobody is going to help so I guess I'm off. Bye!
Sorry I didn't get to you earlier. We might take a while to do stuff sometimes. If you check your profile, I have posted a link to a guide to the basics.

Wow, that's what you can call "being patient" I guess :o

You posted your first message like 5 minutes ago, of course nobody answered, I had to wait the whole day for someone to answer my post. Just wait and you'll get your answer.

I'm sorry you have to deal with my brother. I have to deal with him every day!

QueBien

Oh my god, sorry I didn't get to you guys earlier! D: I didn't get any alerts, so please excuse the delay.
Hi, I'm Alecthar. Gen VI are my first Pokemon games since a friend and I got Gold/Silver for Christmas way back in middle school, and they definitely represent the first time I've played Pokemon with an eye toward organized competition. I haven't tried PS! yet, I mostly play in Battle Spot and the PGL online competitions, so I'm working slowly toward putting a competitive set of Pokemon together for VGC format events.
Nice to meet you Alecthar!
Generation VI were the first games I owned, and it was from there that I started competitive battling. PS! is a really great place to get involved with different tiers, chat with other users, and learn strategies. If you have any questions, check out the Help form. Have fun!
Hi, I'm Balfazar... Been playing Pokemon for a few years now and I'm obsessed with it, also in love with the Anime series despite Ash's many flaws.
I've managed to get 8 badges in every region with the exception of the Johto region, I haven't played past the 6th gym in that one.. Plan to complete it soon.

Starting playing competitive in Gen V, still am and I recently started up a YouTube channel in hopes of teaching others some new strategies and learn some new things myself, always look forward to learning new things, favorite battle format is Singles 6v6 but I've been trying out some of the VGC format with friends and I'm really enjoying myself. :D

Pretty much it... Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Heya Balfazar!
I've been playing for what, a little more than four years? However, I started competitive battling about a year ago. Check out our Social Media section if you're interested. Have a good time!
Hi. I am something sticky if you have trouble reading blue on blue like some people do. my PS! name is smug ass snivy and I'm mostly interested in finding my place in the metagame. I'm male and I have been obsessed with pokemon my whole life and playing it even thought me to read! no joke.
Nice to meet you, something sticky!
Which tiers do you like? I got into Pokemon late into the franchise, with Emerald a few years after its release, but since then, I've loved it! Pokemon taught you to read? That's pretty cool. :o Anyways, have fun here!
Heyo, Smogoners.~ I'm not exactly new here, but I feel like I've been too withdrawn from PS and Smogon. I stopped coming for a while and I would love to try and get back into the swing of things. I'll start with a little information about myself. I'm 18, I'm from the east coast of the US, and I love anime. I started playing Pokemon during the era of 3rd gen, but I was never too big on the competitive side. I got into competitive battling during 5th gen, but I couldn't get into it like I wanted to.
My main goal here is to become a connected member of Smogon and PS, a decent battler, and to enjoy all that it has to offer. I love Pokemon, and socializing with people of different cultures. I'll be looking forward to meeting different kinds of people here!~
Welcome Jolteon XVII!
I got into competitive battling with the release of XY, and it was from PS! that I found Smogon. Where would you like to get involved here? Smogon is truly a great place to meet awesome people and learn a lot of tactics and strategies. If you have any questions, check out the Questions threads or visit the Help form I posted above. Have fun here!
Hello. I'm Dpc1984, those are my initials and the year I was born. So, I'm probably older than most of the people on here. Though, I wasn't when I first started lurking around this site during the Advanced generation near 10 years ago. I'm pretty sure this is my first post ever. I'm not really into competitive battling against other people, but have come here for tips for in game challenges such as the Battle Tower, Frontier, Maison, etc. and I also enjoy reading through a lot of the topics in the Orange Islands subforum. Maybe I'll actually try posting in there next. I've been playing Pokemon since the original Red and Blue days and still enjoy it, even though I'm considered "too old" for that by many people.
Hi Dpc1984!
It came as quite a surprise (a pleasant one at that) to learn that people over the age of 20 still play Pokemon. (Take that, parents, Pokemon isn't for "kids" only! >:D ) I haven't really tried too much to make competitive teams, as I mostly just start with one Pokemon and see where that takes me. The Orange Islands subforum is a pretty interesting place to post in. Try getting involved there sometime, if you'd like! It's always cool to meet a veteran Pokemon player. Have fun exploring the site!
Hey there! I'm Jay.
Not really into the whole battling eachother thing but I'm trying to complete the entire pokedex on my Alpha Sapphire.
Heya ____!
!_! Welcome to the site! I tried completing as much as I could in the XY Pokedex before ORAS was released, and I actually made it pretty far: 680 was it? Anyway, I hope you have a great experience finding your niche here!

Ello buggas! The name's Smiley Fry and I like Pokemon. Weird right? I started Pokemon when I was about 5 years old with Firered. I was instantly hooked and never put my GBA down! Eventually though, my folks took it away for a good 4 years or so until I got Diamond... then they took it away again... until I convinced them to lemme get Platinum! I still enjoyed playing but at a better pace. When X/Y were just on the horizon, I decided to have a go at competitive by making a Tyranitar. Luckily I ended up waiting for 6th gen and its better breeding mechanics to actually start! Nowadays I like to breed Pokemon just for the sake of it and usually do mixed tier battles because I usually just slap whatever fits together regardless of tier and hey, I do pretty well when I do! Hopefully, I'll make a name for myself here, mostly in the analysis areas!

Heya ____!
!_! Welcome to the site! I tried completing as much as I could in the XY Pokedex before ORAS was released, and I actually made it pretty far: 680 was it? Anyway, I hope you have a great experience finding your niche here!
Thanks. Definitely gonna need some help from the outside tho.

All those event pokemons... Too bad I can't get those with my own name on it.

Hello, I'm darkeshrine. I'm new to the breeding and battling, but I've played the games since gen one. I've never really had anyone to play against, so the PSS has been a godsend as the games have gotten ridiculously easier in the past few generations. I'm still extremely new at breeding and battling, so any suggestions and guides would be very helpful and appreciated.

Oh my god, sorry I didn't get to you guys earlier! D: I didn't get any alerts, so please excuse the delay.

Which tiers do you like? I got into Pokemon late into the franchise, with Emerald a few years after its release, but since then, I've loved it! Pokemon taught you to read? That's pretty cool. :o Anyways, have fun here!
I think my favorite tier would have to be monotype

QueBien

I think my favorite tier would have to be monotype
Have you visited the Monotype room in PS!? You can learn some cool tactics there, and meet some great users.
Hello, I'm darkeshrine. I'm new to the breeding and battling, but I've played the games since gen one. I've never really had anyone to play against, so the PSS has been a godsend as the games have gotten ridiculously easier in the past few generations. I'm still extremely new at breeding and battling, so any suggestions and guides would be very helpful and appreciated.
Hi darkeshrine!
I myself don't breed for competitive Pokemon. I just catch some I like, breed some good moves on to them, and go with the first eggs I get. You can visit the Wi-Fi subforum for some advice on breeding, and you can take a look at our Tutoring Program for competitive battling. Have fun!
Ello buggas! The name's Smiley Fry and I like Pokemon. Weird right? I started Pokemon when I was about 5 years old with Firered. I was instantly hooked and never put my GBA down! Eventually though, my folks took it away for a good 4 years or so until I got Diamond... then they took it away again... until I convinced them to lemme get Platinum! I still enjoyed playing but at a better pace. When X/Y were just on the horizon, I decided to have a go at competitive by making a Tyranitar. Luckily I ended up waiting for 6th gen and its better breeding mechanics to actually start! Nowadays I like to breed Pokemon just for the sake of it and usually do mixed tier battles because I usually just slap whatever fits together regardless of tier and hey, I do pretty well when I do! Hopefully, I'll make a name for myself here, mostly in the analysis areas!
Hello Smiley Fry!
I got hooked at Emerald, and with a little help from my friend, found Showdown. I don't really care much for putting much time into breeding for "perfect" Pokemon. :/ Anyways, if you have any questions, check out the Questions threads; otherwise, have a good time!

Nice to meet you Alecthar!
Generation VI were the first games I owned, and it was from there that I started competitive battling. PS! is a really great place to get involved with different tiers, chat with other users, and learn strategies. If you have any questions, check out the Help form. Have fun!

Heya Balfazar!
I've been playing for what, a little more than four years? However, I started competitive battling about a year ago. Check out our Social Media section if you're interested. Have a good time!

Welcome Jolteon XVII!
I got into competitive battling with the release of XY, and it was from PS! that I found Smogon. Where would you like to get involved here? Smogon is truly a great place to meet awesome people and learn a lot of tactics and strategies. If you have any questions, check out the Questions threads or visit the Help form I posted above. Have fun here!

Hi Dpc1984!
It came as quite a surprise (a pleasant one at that) to learn that people over the age of 20 still play Pokemon. (Take that, parents, Pokemon isn't for "kids" only! >:D ) I haven't really tried too much to make competitive teams, as I mostly just start with one Pokemon and see where that takes me. The Orange Islands subforum is a pretty interesting place to post in. Try getting involved there sometime, if you'd like! It's always cool to meet a veteran Pokemon player. Have fun exploring the site!

Heya ____!
Thank you, for acknowledging me, sir! I really just want to get involved with the competitive side of things. I'm not sure where exactly I want to start, but I guess I'd like to sharpen my battle skills a bit more and eventually writing analysis for movesets and such.

QueBien

Thank you, for acknowledging me, sir! I really just want to get involved with the competitive side of things. I'm not sure where exactly I want to start, but I guess I'd like to sharpen my battle skills a bit more and eventually writing analysis for movesets and such.
Have you taken a look at our Tutoring Program? Basically, a tutor will teach his group of tutees about competitive battling, and that can help you tune your skills. As for writing analyses, try talking to boltsandbombers or Recreant. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)