General Introduce yourself!

Rainman Legends Here. Joined wayyy back in 2011 under the name PsYkIK when Smogon was running on vBulletin (bring back luvdiscs plz) to make a shitty ass RMT. Quit for a good 2 years then came back when i realize i still knew my password to make another shitty ass RMT. Now the most things i do is lurk in the competitive forums and play ASB. Started my pokemon adventures in Crystal, put about 500 hours into it, and had my first lvl 100 there. Played Sapphire next and put about 300 hours into it. Completely skipped gen 4 and got back into pokemon with Black, White 2, and Y.

Rainman Legends Here. Joined wayyy back in 2011 under the name PsYkIK when Smogon was running on vBulletin (bring back luvdiscs plz) to make a shitty ass RMT. Quit for a good 2 years then came back when i realize i still knew my password to make another shitty ass RMT. Now the most things i do is lurk in the competitive forums and play ASB. Started my pokemon adventures in Crystal, put about 500 hours into it, and had my first lvl 100 there. Played Sapphire next and put about 300 hours into it. Completely skipped gen 4 and got back into pokemon with Black, White 2, and Y.
Hey Rainman Legends, welcome back I guess. Since you've been lurking around for quite a while I suppose you at least slightly know how everything works around here. Do Wifi/Showdown battle often? If yes, maybe we could battle sometime. Have fun hangin' out here :)

Hi, I'm Bharadwaj and I'm 15. I've' played a lot of the console games, but then got bored after I beat the Elite Four. I learnt about Smogon and competitive battling, and I've found it very interesting! I'm also seeking to build an EV-trained, competitive-ready team in my further console games. This is my user page (bharadawaj raju) on Pokemon Showdown!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi, I'm Bharadwaj and I'm 15. I've' played a lot of the console games, but then got bored after I beat the Elite Four. I learnt about Smogon and competitive battling, and I've found it very interesting! I'm also seeking to build an EV-trained, competitive-ready team in my further console games. This is my user page (bharadawaj raju) on Pokemon Showdown!
Hey Bhj!
Welcome to Smogon! It's only after you beat the Elite Four that the torture fun of trying to complete the Pokedex starts in my opinion. I also find Smogon a really great place to be to learn and mingle with fellow Pokemon players. Have a nice time here!

Hi guys, name's Nova. I'm 17 and I've battled competitively since gen 4, even though I took quite a long hiatus after BW2's release. Now that I'm playing White 2, that passion for competitive play I had has been rekindled. (Even though I lack a 3DS for X/Y and ORAS)

Apart from that, I'm a long-time Touhou and animu fan, so yeah. See you around c:

QueBien

Hi guys, name's Nova. I'm 17 and I've battled competitively since gen 4, even though I took quite a long hiatus after BW2's release. Now that I'm playing White 2, that passion for competitive play I had has been rekindled. (Even though I lack a 3DS for X/Y and ORAS)

Apart from that, I'm a long-time Touhou and animu fan, so yeah. See you around c:
Hi Novadreamer!
I've battled competitively since the release of XY, but got introduced to the world of Pokemon with Generation 3 a few years after its release. Apart from Pokemon, I play a bunch of other video games and sports. Have fun out here and I'll see you around, too!

High I am Luke. I started playing Showdown a few years ago and have been in love ever since. I play ubers and am trying to get really good
Hey Luke, welcome to the forums. I like Ubers, the mechanics feel different than the standard OU and UU in my opinion. Do you Wifi/Showdown battle often? If yes, maybe we could battle sometime. If you have any question for now, make sure to check out the Have a Question? Ask it here! thread. Anyhow, have fun hanging out here! :)

Hello, I'm Firebird Maniac, and I have a passion for all Fird Pokemon. I'm a long time lurker. It started with a curiosity in what people do with their Pokemon in a competitive environment a few years back, but I've only started to play on PS! around 10 months ago. I play mostly Ubers, having peaked in the top 50 on the ladder a few times.

My passion for Pokemon started with the anime. My first Pokemon game was Ruby in 2003. I've also played Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, XY and OR.

Besides Pokemon I also play StarCraft 2 and Hearthstone.

QueBien

Hello, I'm Firebird Maniac, and I have a passion for all Fird Pokemon. I'm a long time lurker. It started with a curiosity in what people do with their Pokemon in a competitive environment a few years back, but I've only started to play on PS! around 10 months ago. I play mostly Ubers, having peaked in the top 50 on the ladder a few times.

My passion for Pokemon started with the anime. My first Pokemon game was Ruby in 2003. I've also played Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, XY and OR.

Besides Pokemon I also play StarCraft 2 and Hearthstone.
Hello Firebird Maniac!
"Fird". I like that. Anways, welcome to Smogon! I started around the exact same time you started with PS!, last May. I play a lot of different tiers often, but I take a special liking to the Seasonal ladders sometimes. My first game was Emerald, and it was with that game that I got pulled into the franchise. I play a bunch of other videogames besides Pokemon, too. Have fun exploring the site!

Hi, everyone.
I'm CaiYan from China, and my ID is, of course, not a real name lol. It is actually an ancient Chinese girl's name who was a poet and musician, which is rare in those days. I use the same ID in Showdown and IRC. You can find me in synIRC pokemon channel most of times. I really appreciate it if you'd like to talk with me despite of my terrible grammer lol.
I've been playing pokemon for 9 years and playing competitive pokemon games for 4 years. In the past I played with my Chinese friends in the Chinese Server of Pokemon Online, or in some other battle stimulaters used in China. Then I found the wonderland of Pokemon Showdown and Smogon University, so I have no reason to resist getting in. For pokemon, my favorite is Amoonguss(It's so cute with two shields!) and Victini.
I don't have much time playing ladder games, my peak in OU tier is only 1950 last summer. but I do have a bit competitive experience. For instance, my team won the first place in a large Pokemon Online championship in China last winter. Of course, I do have to learn much more.
Now I have joined here, but few Chinese players ever left their footprints. So I hope in the future more Chinese players can join Smogon. One of my wishes is that Team China can take part in WCoP, as there are so many excellent players who want to communicate with the world from my home country.
Well, there's a lot of differences between the metagames in my hometown and over the globe. So I hope we can make progress together.

hi, i am lonk, i am a young but fairly talented member of pokemon showdown's ingame room. i have been playing pokemon since i was 5 and watching the anime much longer. i joined showdown to make me a better player and share my interests in the game with others as it feels like i am the only true pokemon enthusiast at my school. my favorite game is sm4sh on wii-u and favourite anime is akame ga kill but pokemon shall always be my favourite franchise due to the sentimental value of my early years.

QueBien

Hi, everyone.
I'm CaiYan from China, and my ID is, of course, not a real name lol. It is actually an ancient Chinese girl's name who was a poet and musician, which is rare in those days. I use the same ID in Showdown and IRC. You can find me in synIRC pokemon channel most of times. I really appreciate it if you'd like to talk with me despite of my terrible grammer lol.
I've been playing pokemon for 9 years and playing competitive pokemon games for 4 years. In the past I played with my Chinese friends in the Chinese Server of Pokemon Online, or in some other battle stimulaters used in China. Then I found the wonderland of Pokemon Showdown and Smogon University, so I have no reason to resist getting in. For pokemon, my favorite is Amoonguss(It's so cute with two shields!) and Victini.
I don't have much time playing ladder games, my peak in OU tier is only 1950 last summer. but I do have a bit competitive experience. For instance, my team won the first place in a large Pokemon Online championship in China last winter. Of course, I do have to learn much more.
Now I have joined here, but few Chinese players ever left their footprints. So I hope in the future more Chinese players can join Smogon. One of my wishes is that Team China can take part in WCoP, as there are so many excellent players who want to communicate with the world from my home country.
Well, there's a lot of differences between the metagames in my hometown and over the globe. So I hope we can make progress together.
Hello CaiYan!
Welcome to Smogon! That's an interesting history. :o My favorite Pokemon is Bisharp, but I think Foongus is pretty cute. c: I play OU, too. "Only 1950". :[ Anyways, since you already seem pretty comfortable with competitive battling, just have fun here!
hi, i am lonk, i am a young but fairly talented member of pokemon showdown's ingame room. i have been playing pokemon since i was 5 and watching the anime much longer. i joined showdown to make me a better player and share my interests in the game with others as it feels like i am the only true pokemon enthusiast at my school. my favorite game is sm4sh on wii-u and favourite anime is akame ga kill but pokemon shall always be my favourite franchise due to the sentimental value of my early years.
Hi lost-link!
I hang out in the Other Metas room. I'm sure if you ask around, you'll find another Pokemon enthusiast in your school. I love Smash, too, but I have the 3DS version. I don't watch anime :/ pls don't hurt me. Have a good time out here!

heya, introducing myself, im Johnnyd2. also heres a letter for the Raid Zone team

so, i came across this forum and ASB in general while reading the Smog article on getting started with ASB. I have ALWAYS been a fan of crossovers and stuff like that, Pokemon ones in general. In particular, one of my main projects is a Pokemon x World of Warcraft crossover. granted my projects have been through a wide array of reboots and reincarnations. I post this here, because i want the people in charge of the ASB Raid Zone to see this. i know its probably not the right place, feel free to move this to the introduction forums if you want.

But ever since i started playing World of Warcraft, I've thought of crossing pokemon over with it.

heck, since i was in elementary my projects started off as Land Before Time Crossovers.
thats right, i was into this kind of thing before Pokemon even existed

so reading how inspired by or borrowing from WOW the Raid zone is/does. It makes me feel flattered or happy on the inside.

I doubt my stuff or works inspired this kind of thing, but the fact that now a game exists thats probably the closest we will get to my Pokemon X WOW and everything in between fantasy, that makes me feel fulfilled a bit in life.

So thanks. Thanks for finally making my dream a reality, or as real as it can get that is.

John Dolan/Johnnyd2

thank your for reading.

PS: Dont kill me mods please, i will post this on intro forums too in case this gets deleted here, i only posted this here because i want the Raid Zone peeps to see it

heya, introducing myself, im Johnnyd2. also heres a letter for the Raid Zone team

so, i came across this forum and ASB in general while reading the Smog article on getting started with ASB. I have ALWAYS been a fan of crossovers and stuff like that, Pokemon ones in general. In particular, one of my main projects is a Pokemon x World of Warcraft crossover. granted my projects have been through a wide array of reboots and reincarnations. I post this here, because i want the people in charge of the ASB Raid Zone to see this. i know its probably not the right place, feel free to move this to the introduction forums if you want.

But ever since i started playing World of Warcraft, I've thought of crossing pokemon over with it.

heck, since i was in elementary my projects started off as Land Before Time Crossovers.
thats right, i was into this kind of thing before Pokemon even existed

so reading how inspired by or borrowing from WOW the Raid zone is/does. It makes me feel flattered or happy on the inside.

I doubt my stuff or works inspired this kind of thing, but the fact that now a game exists thats probably the closest we will get to my Pokemon X WOW and everything in between fantasy, that makes me feel fulfilled a bit in life.

So thanks. Thanks for finally making my dream a reality, or as real as it can get that is.

John Dolan/Johnnyd2

thank your for reading.

PS: Dont kill me mods please, i will post this on intro forums too in case this gets deleted here, i only posted this here because i want the Raid Zone peeps to see it
Hey Johnnyd2, welcome. I am not super familiar with ASB, I know some stuff. I like the concept. Uhm, I'm not too familiar with all the other stuff you mention though.. :/

Do you also.. uhm.. battle? If yes, Wifi or Showdown, and do you do it often? Maybe we could battle sometime, I'd love to. If you have any question for now, make sure to check out the Have a Question? Ask it here! thread. Anyhow, have fun hanging out here, and good luck with your 'WOW x Pokémon crossover Raid Zone ASB' stuff c:

Hey Johnnyd2, welcome. I am not super familiar with ASB, I know some stuff. I like the concept. Uhm, I'm not too familiar with all the other stuff you mention though.. :/

Do you also.. uhm.. battle? If yes, Wifi or Showdown, and do you do it often? Maybe we could battle sometime, I'd love to. If you have any question for now, make sure to check out the Have a Question? Ask it here! thread. Anyhow, have fun hanging out here, and good luck with your 'WOW x Pokémon crossover Raid Zone ASB' stuff c:
i see, i do battle on showdown occasionaly, not competitvely though. im too casual to understand EVs and IVs

i see, i do battle on showdown occasionaly, not competitvely though. im too casual to understand EVs and IVs
Oh man, are you willing to learn? If yes, I'd like to help you with it. And there are also plenty of places you can learn it here on the forums. It was such an enlightenment for me when I started understanding it back in R/S/E.

Oh man, are you willing to learn? If yes, I'd like to help you with it. And there are also plenty of places you can learn it here on the forums. It was such an enlightenment for me when I started understanding it back in R/S/E.
maybe
do you use skype?

Hello, the name's Hatfield. For 10 years I've been playing Pokemon, Ruby was my first. I've played every gen since. Good to be on, hope to make some friends and learn some stuff, I'll be commenting on the teams!

QueBien

Hello, the name's Hatfield. For 10 years I've been playing Pokemon, Ruby was my first. I've played every gen since. Good to be on, hope to make some friends and learn some stuff, I'll be commenting on the teams!
Hello J_Hatfield_007!
Nice to meet you! Emerald was my first, and I've been playing for what, four years? I jumped to Generation 6 after that, then went back and played the rest, except for the first and second generations. Welcome to the site; have fun!

Hello Hatfield. A real gen 3 starter, I like it. I started with R/B/Y, and Gold is my favorite, followed by Yellow and Emerald. R/S/E has made quite a big impact on my life and I still look back to it often, since I still have Secret Bases of them on my Emerald game. Heck, even all the Pokémon from back then are transfered all the way onto my Omega Ruby game.

Since you'ce played every gen since, do you own XY/ORAS? If yes, do you battle online, or maybe on Showdown? Maybe we could battle sometime, would be awesome. I like battling or just talking to people who value the past (I suppose you do, since Ruby is awesome).

Anyhow, have fun here on the forums :)

Hello Hatfield. A real gen 3 starter, I like it. I started with R/B/Y, and Gold is my favorite, followed by Yellow and Emerald. R/S/E has made quite a big impact on my life and I still look back to it often, since I still have Secret Bases of them on my Emerald game. Heck, even all the Pokémon from back then are transfered all the way onto my Omega Ruby game.

Since you'ce played every gen since, do you own XY/ORAS? If yes, do you battle online, or maybe on Showdown? Maybe we could battle sometime, would be awesome. I like battling or just talking to people who value the past (I suppose you do, since Ruby is awesome).

Anyhow, have fun here on the forums :)
Yes, I own Y version and Omega Ruby, which was a serious nostalgia trip. Even brought my original Blaziken all the way from Ruby. Maybe we can battle sometime. Anyways, thank you both. :)

Sup people. My name is nizzyd18. I am a relative newcomer to the world of pokemon. I originally played Diamond on my friends' DS in 4th grade, but obviously, that was the biggest extent to which I played pokemon. Then last year, emulators became really popular at my school, and everyone started playing emerald on their phones. I got into the action as well, and I picked torchic as my starter. Being a noob was rough, as I never caught any pokemon except for a relatively high leveled tentacool. Yet after long grinding (and catching rayquaza), I finally beat the elite 4 and steven. Blaziken has become my favorite pokemon because it was my first starter. But then, I kind of stopped playing. This year, I saw someone playing showdown at school, and I'm like cool! I can actually play pokemon online! Again, being a noob was rough. I wanted to play the ubers tier first, as I was a legendary fanatic. I remember running focus punch on darkrai lol. Now, I have gotten used to the game and have extremely enjoyed it. There are so many pokemon that I love, but others I completely despise (Xerneas, Talonflame, Landorus T are my top 3 absolutely). The pokemon community is great too. I plan on staying here on smogon for a very long time and hopefully meet a lot of chill people and get godlike at the game pretty much lol.

I'm a new member, but I use Smogon as a foundation for my breeding efforts. I typically use the natures / abilities / spreads / EMs listed on the website as references when I breed. I have over 100 Pokémon bred now. I'm particularly fond of Rare Ball Pokémon and other Pokémo with Egg Moves. I don't battle competitively.

I usually trade on a different forum, but had a falling out there recently after an incident of lack of respect, so I'm hoping to establish a trading base here as to acquire more Pokémon in Rare Balls and EMs.

That's all ☺ ♥

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)