1. Our third apparel sale is live. New design + reprint of the athletic design. Support us and get a shirt!
  2. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules. Feel also free to check out our hub to learn more about this place!
  3. Want real-time art feedback? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit! You can also check out the Art Room on Pokemon Showdown, or our channel on Discord!
  4. Watch our World Cup of Pokemon Post-R1 Smogcast with some of Smogon's top players!
  5. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  6. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Introduction - 3D/2D Mixed Media Artist

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Joshua Elkington, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Joshua Elkington

Joshua Elkington formerly Archowl

Hi,

I'm looking to become an approved artist so I can contribute art to the site. I have been playing Pokemon religiously since the UK release of the first games, and have used this site on a daily basis for many years. Aside from being a Pokemon fan, I am a fledgling game designer with art skills that I enjoy practising.

I was advised on the Facebook page to make a thread here with some of my art work to introduce myself, and then apply to be an approved artist to contribute art to the site and facebook page, so here I go.

First is a 3D study I did of my interpretation of the Charicific Valley, using Unreal, 3DS Max and Zbrush.

I have some images featuring different styles and media from different projects that i'll post below.

I'd love to make some 2D and 3D art of environments and Pokemon in different styles for the site.

Thanks (apologies if i've done anything wrong here)

(Click to enlarge)
    13072917_10206089161684798_1917483966478185245_o.jpg f4c360_6a72f1879cf9407da1da7747f41b0305-mv2.png f4c360_7f3bc346bf9f444dabc4282def8ff146-mv2.png
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. Joshua Elkington

Here are some images featuring different styles and media from various non-Pokemon related projects to demonstrate the kind of work I can produce. However, i'm sure you can see some Pokemon influences in some of the original designs.

(Click to enlarge)
    Capture.PNG bord8.jpg 4.png Capture1.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture5.PNG f4c360_cf8c2752b5ca4ba3a3cbd5e76e282481-mv2.png Capture6.PNG Capture7.PNG
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  3. Nerina

Nerina
    is an Artist

Welcome to the Studio! I'm a big fan of how you draw/paint your creatures ^_^ Looking forward to see more from you!
  4. Joshua Elkington

Thank you for the welcome! I'm always a bit anxious about creating an awareness of my presence on forums!

I appreciate the encouragement! I look forward to creating art for my favourite site.
  5. vzxt

vzxt Bad guys never look back.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor

Max. Optimizer likes this.
  6. Joshua Elkington

vzxt likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)