Resource Useful LC stuff / Introductions / Simple Questions Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi Little Cup! So I recently got into LC after deciding that waiting for XY UU/RU has become boring (they made the former today (yay!)) and so far I have been loving it :D I used macle's team from the sample teams thread and then decided to make my own team revolving around Cotton Guard + Calm Mind Swirlix :o I got to the low 2000s with that team (because it had both Yanma and Tangela sorry :x) but after losing to user Corkscrew, I decided that I needed to lurk more on these forums and get to know the tier a bit better (since I didn't know that Bunnelby outsped Snover ;-;). So I did that and I made a brand new team (still revolving around the same Swirlix because I think it's adorable, but with a few different mons). I'm currently laddering with that team (gotten to the 1800s) and it's turning out to be pretty good. Hopefully I'll start to post in these forums soon with my newfound knowledge on the ladder, but until then, I'll be on the ladder (if I recognize you I'll try to make conversation, but I'll be on an alt) and sometimes even on #littlecup (I really don't like IRC :[). So yeah there's my short noobish introduction to LC :P cya'll soon ^.^

Hello, I'm adman2 (HermanGigglethorpe on Showdown; my Smogon username is adman2 now only because I never changed it to that).

I remember playing Little Cup with the rental Pokemon in Stadium 2. It sounds interesting, though I haven't played it this gen. I prefer the "gimmicky" metagames such as Sky Battles and Inverse Battles to standard OU, so I thought I'd look in this forum.

Do you have an equivalent of the Pika Cup (level 15-20), or was that just a relic of Stadium 1 and 1st gen in general?

Hi I'm Kappaten and I like cutemons. Someone on showdown said "I feel like I should know Kapp" or something to that effect so I figured I'd make a post here.

I played for a while last gen, read lots of articles, etc, but never really posted or chatted much. Now that a new gen is out and I've gotten well and sick of the in-game stuff, I figured I'd come back to my favorite meta of last gen. I mostly wanted more people to chat with so I could at least have a couple people to bounce team building ideas off, and it's been great! You can generally find me in showdown chat, and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have there if you still need some help getting started! :)

Wow this was really late for me. I'm Ashley, duhh. I played BW NU and RU and UU last gen, best at NU. I posted a bit last gen, but not too much to get noticed too much. This gen, i'm hoping to make a mark in the community, you know, try to post quality things, the dark horse challenge, etc. Anyways. Im ashley, and i probably will be sticking around here for a while.

Hi guys, I have been playing OU for a while, and I also write some analyses too that you'll see in my sig. I also do the OU Pokemon of the Week which is in its early stages at the moment, and I would love to be good at Little Cup. So far it's a pretty fun tier, and I've been playing for a bit. So yeah.

I figure I should introduce myself like everyone else. I'm Amp Pharaohs, and I just got into competitive pokemon not too long ago. I lurked long before I actually decided to get involved, and started playing OU, then UU and finally Littlecup (Only over a span of a week though I think). I have enjoyed Littlecup significantly, and hope to get more involved with the community over time. Hopefully I'll be around here for a while, and that I will become actually decent at competitive pokemon and contribute to the tier itself.

Hey I'm Acestriker19 (FlameSophist on Showdown) and I've been playing on showdown since the end of Black and White. I usually play OU in X and Y but I've recently given Little Cup a try. I usually always used trick room teams in OU but in Little Cup I think I'm going to try to branch out and try some new teambuilds (Also because Trick Room teams are incredibly unviable in Little Cup right now :(. I'd elaborate more on why if anyone wants to hear me rant.). I hope to use the forums to learn a lot about the Little Cup meta-game and contribute positively to the community which feels much smaller than OU so I feel I will have a much bigger impact.

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
Hi guys, call me Vincent(PS! name AbstractDaddy)
I'm lurking Smogon forums for years but never actually registered myself; my adventure with competitive battling started after HGSS, I think I was playing ShoddyBattle back then, but i didn't really understand few things so i gave up. Later, during early BW1 stage i started to play Little Cup, but got bored eventually. With the release of XY, I've decided to give it another go, and new meta looks really fun! I'm doing better than ever, so I think I will stay here a little longer :) LC has by far the best community out of all tiers/metagames. See you on PS!

Last edited:
Hello all, most of you already know me but I'm Driver DxS aka DeathxShinigami. I've been playing Little Cup since it was created on Smogon as a metagame since Gen 4. Haven't really been heavily active much however until Gen 6 rolled out and didn't get involved with contributing until a month ago. However despite that I'm always happy and ready to help others (especially newer LC players) with teamtesting and teambuilding help to try to get them welcomed into the LC scene.

P.S. Bri is amazing for all of her contributions she has made to the LC community. (That's how I got interested in LC)

natu

Formerly Antgeezy
Wuddup everyone my names Antgeezyy, some of you probably know me from the PS LC chatroom and if you don't I'm sure you saw my nonsensical posts on the viability thread, that I got bashed for, before they were deleted. I'm still pretty new to all of this considering I just got into competitive battling about 2 months ago. About a week in of playing I grew real fond of Little Cup so I started dedicating my heart and soul to the meta and never looked back. Anyone who knows me knows my obsession with cubone.

Hello Smogoners!
I'm Dana and I'm completely new to LC and the LC community. Unfortunately like the rest of the newcomers and lurkers, I'm a newb to this....I played a couple of times on main, but I stopped in the summer of 2013.
I would also like to improve and become better at LC. Overall I happen to find this tier a little bit cooler and more interesting because it's unique and different from the rest of the other tiers. I like the idea on how it allows the pokemon that can't evolve to finally shine for once.
Last but no least, I wan't to thank Goddess Briyella and friends for giving a brief introduction to LC. Thank you, I appreciated it!

i cant find the simple question thread here </3 so ill ask here <3 where i can find a set for magnemite im thinking sturdy+berry juice+recicle :3, btw im loving the metagame is so dawm powerfful ._.
should i go for hp grass? or figth ? maybe grass since chinchou .+.? but anyone has another idea or something?

edit: omg well im not new on the smogon community im just new on the cute owning mons named little cup,is interisthing also i love/like/enjoy the comunity since there's no "deuche bag kids" hating on you because you sweep his arse or something or following u to every single battle to trash talk shit about your mom or family xD lol.. no life cows anyway hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :3

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
i cant find the simple question thread here </3 so ill ask here <3 where i can find a set for magnemite im thinking sturdy+berry juice+recicle :3, btw im loving the metagame is so dawm powerfful ._.
should i go for hp grass? or figth ? maybe grass since chinchou .+.? but anyone has another idea or something?

edit: omg well im not new on the smogon community im just new on the cute owning mons named little cup,is interisthing also i love/like/enjoy the comunity since there's no "deuche bag kids" hating on you because you sweep his arse or something or following u to every single battle to trash talk shit about your mom or family xD lol.. no life cows anyway hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :3
Welcome! As for the magnemite set, i'd suggest looking at its analysis, done by Lunatic Lies: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/magnemite-qc-3-3.3496028/

Yeah you'll want HP Ground since Gligar doesn't exist anymore.

Also hi I'm Lunatic Lies aka Spark aka Contrail aka a lot of things and I'm just better than TCR in general :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)