Serious Is Smogon Toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lu

Said the Moon to the Thief
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Contributor to Smogon
Translations Leader
You'll always find toxic players, especially if the game has some sort of competitive ladder aspect, and toxic staff members.
Not every user is toxic, but there definitely has been, is and will be a decent amount of toxic users or toxic behaviour and there definitely are groups of toxic users that may be friends with eachother.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Forums by nature lead to some form of toxicity from players who either abuse their position as a "well-known" player with lots of badges and high reaction counts and from players who suck up to those in the aforementioned positions.

I've been on smogon for nearly 7 years and I can't say a level of toxicity is something I ever really noticed. There are some subforums and metas that are a bit more clichy than others and that can be frustrating but I think otherwise Smogon is generally less toxic than other sites.

Reactions: BP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)