1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Issue #4 Released!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by RBG, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

Future issues will feature more tournaments. Since this was the first issue doing it this way, we had to work out some of the kinks in the process.

DarkLucario was interviewed. See Issue #3.
  2. GAK

GAK

This issue seemed to have less information in it than the others, I guess because there wasn't such a big gap between this and the last release. I also like the last cover better than this one.
  3. august

august free the robots
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournament

Even if you say they are bog standard (even though neither of them are at all) they were featured for a reason.

Atticus' team won the frontier, do you think I should find an "original" team and write about that just because it isn't bog standard? Winning the frontier is a glorious acheivment and his team rightfully deserves to be featured in the smog.

Second, when is the last time you saw a UU stall team with Extrasensory Roserade, Shed Shell Registeel, Tangrowth and no spin blocker? This article will allow new users to look back and see the impact that Roserade had on stall teams.

I don't mean to insult you, but your statement was demeaning to Atticus (<+atticus> someone said it was "bog standard" in the topic though)
  4. Kaestius

Kaestius

Best Smog yet!

This 'Smog' is the best one yet guys! Keep up the good work!

I was most interested in the breakdown of early gen. and present gen. sprites! It was humurous and clever and I couldn't stop reading it. Although, not "on topic" with current events on Smogon, it was a great article to read outside of the metagame topics. Really well done.

BTW: I laughed hysterically about the "Jay Leno chin that found its way onto Aerodactyl" hahaha..very funny!

Great work and keep up the great work team!
  5. The_Chaser

The_Chaser RVW
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Well done, great articles and an enjoyable read. Keep up the good work!
  6. egg shell

egg shell

just read it best so far
  7. Galactic Boss Cyrus

Galactic Boss Cyrus

Hands-down the best issue so far. I love the metagame analysis articles, mainly the Fallen Stars and UU suspects ones. Perfectly explains why Milotic stayed in UU.
  8. Erik1337

Erik1337

Very nice. really looking forward to the next issue :P
  9. RBG

RBG But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop grooving.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Just as a note, we have fewer than 20 trivia answers, and none of them are 100% right yet......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)