itt: inhabitants of the best cities in the world answer your questions

WHA lol. Also Atlanta has always been a shitstorm for hockey, who cares? It's not like Atlanta and area has ever harbored anything or anyone of note unless you count really good fried chicken.
Chic-Fil-A, Coca-Cola, The Home Depot, UPS, Turner Broadcasting, world's busiest airport, good football (excluding the Falcons, lol jk killah), etc. And who cares about hockey? And how about excellent engineering as well?

Additionally, the headquarters of AT&T Mobility are in Atlanta. iPhone users in NYC and San Fran know all about AT&T.

if i weren't trying to be nice i'd say there's a huge drop-off after #3
but i'm playing nice so i won't
I don't see why anyone would take offense. I seriously never understood why idiots from Vancouver would want to move to Toronto. It's basically the same thing, only you guys have nature, and fucking mountains.

fuck you polis4rule I was TRYING to passively make fun of Mingot but now it looks like I'm going to have to go the direct route

Mingot stinks

Duckster they also have a real ocean (and its not the lame atlantic or some great lake)

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
all i got to say on this topic is this:

australia and canada were both under the good 'ol crown back in the day

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't see why anyone would take offense. I seriously never understood why idiots from Vancouver would want to move to Toronto. It's basically the same thing, only you guys have nature, and fucking mountains.
To be fair, nobody I know who has had to move to Ontario due to work has actually been happy about it - myself included.

all i got to say on this topic is this:

australia and canada were both under the good 'ol crown back in the day
Woo Commonwealth. Let's all hold hands and sing and shit

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
yeah they were smart enough to ask for freedom

unlike one country that relied on exploitative war
I thought Canada was initially made of 'Loyalist' pussies that actually didn't want anything to do with 'freedom.'

Besides, who's yet still Canada's head of state?

figurehead of state, if you're talking about the queen. The loyalism kinda faded, so they asked for freedom and got it. It's not like the startpoint has to match the endpoint

I wouldn't be calling loyalists pussies, they beat the ever loving shit out of the French and kindly let you keep your decaying language (lol legislation to protect a language from change) and fucked up cirque du soliel culture. It is by their graces that you even have that accent...speaking of which, anyone else notice that people from quebec that speak english sound EXACTLY like a deaf person speaking?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
figurehead of state, if you're talking about the queen. The loyalism kinda faded, so they asked for freedom and got it. It's not like the startpoint has to match the endpoint

I wouldn't be calling loyalists pussies
Yeah, more than "loyalist pussies", "abandoned dogs" is probably a better description. Like an unwanted child

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
figurehead of state, if you're talking about the queen

I wouldn't be calling loyalists pussies, they beat the ever loving shit out of the French and kindly let you keep your decaying language (lol legislation to protect a language from change) and fucked up cirque du soliel culture. It is by their graces that you even have that accent...speaking of which, anyone else notice that people from quebec that speak english sound EXACTLY like a deaf person speaking?
Yo.

This figurehead spawns a structure in which the country's governor directly right under her ended up making a critically imporant decision 2 years ago regarding Canadian leadership, when Michaele Jean was forced to pick a side as Harper was just about to collide with a new forming party coalition. At that point, that non-elected person representing the Queen had to make a decision that your elected Prime Minister couldn't make alone. At that annoying point, monarchy showed it consisted still yet of a bit more than figureheads.

Besides, why in fuck wouldn't a country rather have its own figureheads be nationals rather than foreigners. Are there no Canadian suitable to have on the face side of your coins? Does Canadian pride exist... beyond when someone tells you your city tops the world's list or when Americans buy tickets to see a Canadian performer you never noticed until American culture told you how awesome that Canadian was?

The 7 years war predates the American Revolution. The Loyalists being those that fled the United States to Canada to stay loyal to the crown, spitting on the idea of self-governance. They clearly didn't want 'freedom'. When they got additional freedom, it was one small step at a time and Canada still hasnt went all the way.

Nouvelle-France was heavily outnumbered and covered a ridiculously stupidly large territory at one time. During the 'French and Indian war', the American colonies totalled a million in population, versus New France's 50,000. No excuse here, but little to brag about.

This 'decaying language' is yet still the 2nd most taught second language in the world with up to half a billion with functional knowledge of it. Wouldn't call it 'dying'.

What does "Cirque du Soleil culture" even mean.

Never heard of legislation that protects french from change, what are you talking about? There are independant bodies like l'Académie Français that regulate language but they are certainly not opposed to change.

It isn't thanks to the Loyalists that I have 'this accent', which you're the only one I've ever seen compare it to that of a deaf person's. If this was what you meant to say, there is probably no dumber thing to do than pretend a conquered people should feel grateful towards the conquerors for still yet speaking their language, for existing. This belief many wasp have that we should feel grateful we were 'allowed' to still speak french annoys me greatly and I ain't suffering from Stockholm's syndrome yet.

Cheers.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Vincent, you know how I feel about that issue.

And you also know Morm is "special".

So I'm not sure what that was all for!

you're kinda easy to troll, it's like I bait my hook with anti-quebecois sentiment and you take it every time

:D

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've lived in Melbourne and Sydney and I'm pretty comfortable in saying melbourne is the greatest city in the world to live in! It sucks that I'm in Canberra now, hopefully I'll move back once I finish my degree!

How does it feel to live in a city that is pretty much the same as every major city? The best "cities" in the U.S. are very rich suburban areas and exist in major (real) cities anyway, like Highland Park in Dallas.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
This Lanturn woman who's bad taste is legendary doesn't have anything to worry about.

morm is safe within her grasp, away from mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)