itt post things you dislike but other people love

-Athletes. Why are they paid millions of dollars for doing something that contributes literally nothing to society? Why do HS and college athletes get to behave like douchebags but get all sorts of perks such as easier admission to college, lighter course loads?
I feel the same exact way, but it's probably because so many people enjoy watching what they do. Like, who cares what they do as long as it brings in the $$$.

Proper Bitter is Disgusting but a Pint of Mild slips down a treat. Guiness is great. I like Bud as well but Lager is just fermented piss.

The Ignorant. and especially those who are stubbornly ignorant. Hate it.

People who buy things because they're popular not because they are the best or because they actually like them. I don't wear fashionable clothes because I think the fashion at the moment makes guys look like cunts! Seriously! Chinos with the crotch between your knees? Fuck off

Music Critics. How can you rate something on it's quality when you are not objective? I like dubstep, I don't like Death Metal. I'm not going to say that Death Metal is shit. I'll say that it's not what I like but how you can mark something out of 10 purely on your own tastes and get paid? Get a job

Cherry Flavoured things. Yeah Cherries = GOOD, Cherry anything else = SHIT

One facial hair that I have that grows straight out of my fucking cheek like a bastard whisker. Only on one side and really piss annoying

The Media's image of beauty. Again this is sort of similar to the Music critics thing. When people who are rich dictate what is and what isn't beautiful. Thus causing all of the eating disorders and the self image issues we see in society today.

-Babies. This one probably makes me a horrible person, but... why do so many people think babies are so adorable? All they really do is cry and puke and shit their pants
Just saying that cuteness is actually an inherited trait that has been distributed exponentially due to natural selection. It avoids conflict with other adults in their species because "they're so cute", as they would most likely get eaten by them otherwise. As they age and develop intelligence, they are able to use their cuteness as a way of deception to get what they want. So yeah babies are pretty much just pure evil wrapped up in a kyoot widdle blankie.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Beer - I don't drink real beer, much less the gutter water served in America.

Baseball - How can a game with such a convoluted premise be so damn boring? At least the games are super fun to go to since it's the only sport where you don't have to watch the game to have a good time. In fact, it's the only sport that is more boring to watch than to have as background noise.

"Classic" Rock - Believe me, classic rock bands such as Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and the like are fantastic, but Def Leppard and Foreigner are the furthest thing from classic that I can even imagine.

The Simpsons
Dane Cook - sorry bro, I expect comedians to at least make me crack a smile during their routines.
Extreme sports
Mayonnaise
Mustard
Pickles
Salad - boooring.
Baked Potatoes
Watermelons

synthetic banana flavor is actually the worst thing
this.

Alcohol
Smoking

But right now, the one thing that's just really weird to me is cyber sex. Why the FUCK would anyone want to do this over the internet?!?!
because they can't get it otherwise duh

also: i really hate most forms of candy (ESPECIALLY m&ms, skittles, smarties, basically anything with a sugar coating) but chocolate and chocolate flavor is good in most stuff. i also hate coffee unless it has a ton of chocolate and whipped cream and whatever else you can think of with it.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
scott pilgrim vs the world would've been a much better movie if michael cera wasn't the lead and ramona flowers was actually attractive

Heavy metal, everytime i listen to it i feel like my ears are going to explode, especially when the singers are screaming so loud i cant understand what they are saying. Whats the point?
i'm sorry but you're ignorant.

beer is awful. if i wanted to drink alcohol i would drink something that is actually reasonably pleasant to drink.

pop in general is recycled shit.

apple anything, since it's basically saying "here pay double the price just because it's apple!" and naturally they're also the only things that get certain support eg i'm pretty sure ipods are the only scrobbling mp3 players.

i am vegetarian so meat. i was never very sold on it but seeing people devour it and think it's the most delicious thing in the world is sort of strange.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
People who take on the same tone when talking to strangers, teachers, and friends. I'm not talking about monotone; there is that subtle shift when you talk to a teacher respectfully to when you're discussing whatever with your friends in a casual manner (I only know this because I overhear the person in question talking to friends).

People who beat dead horses Sadly it happens tons. Some horses can last a while, but only if you massage them and keep them in the freezer.

and people who overuse the word "troll"

I really hate when people hate things that are overrated but not bad per se

professional athletes for example. modern culture loves professional athletes, especially the ones who can do well. If I'm a high school or college superstar and I can rake in the dough playing my favorite game, hell yeah I'm gonna do it. yes, I will be loved by people who don't know me and whose love I don't deserve. Does that make me a bad person? No, it makes me a person who has discovered a talent and put it to use working the current system. it makes me overrated, yes, but that's not my fault.

another example, people who hate justin bieber or other well-hated mainstream artists. no I don't like his music either but the kid has found a talent and taken it all the way to the top of the world. yes maybe he's only at the top because people are dumbasses, but they were dumbasses before he was at the top too so really it's just being successful in a system. you can make all the "good, unknown" music you want, but until you appeal to the masses it will be exactly that: "unknown." I fail to see how you have the right to get mad at those more successful than you because their work appeals to more people.

this applies to people who hate things like twilight or other stuff too. it just bugs the crap out of me.

and yes I realized that this isn't a "thing" like the op asked for, but everybody loves to bitch about those who are more successful than they are, so technically it is something everyone likes

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I think its a false assertion that music critics rate music out of 5 or 10 or whatever based on their tastes.

First of all most people who have successful careers as music critics actually like music from all genres. I mean some less than others, but music critics very often are former musicians at least at the upper amateur level and can reasonably discern shit from quality.

Its not hard to figure out in my opinion. When I listen to music the first thing i ask is not necessarily whether I like it or not, but whether I appreciate it for the message its constructing. As I've posted before I don't derive any enjoyment from listening to Frank Sinatra, but I can still tell that his music is good and that he is excellent at singing it. Everyone has preferences about food, but you wouldn't say that lamb is a low quality food just because you don't like it.

scott pilgrim vs the world would've been a much better movie if michael cera wasn't the lead and ramona flowers was actually attractive
JESUS CHRIST AT FIRST I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU DON'T LIKE SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD

But, yea, Michael Cera was a bad idea, in the book, Scott actually isn't a scared shitless shitface shit and not an awkward teenager.

Romana in that movie was actually pretty hot to me, I mean, I never pictured ramona to be some model.

There is one HUGE thing that pisses me off, when movie's don't follow the storyline of the book in the slightest, I'm going to put all of my rants in hide tags as it may cause MAJOR SPOILERS (Seriously, don't read if you get pissed easily)

I'm going to start with Scott Pilgrim vs the world.

In the movie, Kim Pine was an awkward, quiet, and strange girl, but in the book, she is a pissed, sarcastic, and semi-normal girl

In the movie, Envy Adams is a blonde, while in the book, Envy's hair is dyed dark red.

The fights were completely off, like, completely. The 2 closest they got to the book was Matthew Patel and Todd Ingram.

This is the HUGEST, HUGEST HUGEST HUGEST SPOILER EVER, don't read if you haven't read the book, seriously.

I'm just going to give you some time to close this

OK, at the end of book 6, Steven Stills is gay. he ends up kissing his friend steven nonchalantly while Scott freaks out.

Seconding Twitter. I thought it was stupid the moment it started, and it has only gotten worse. I barely care about people already, why would I possibly care about them in 140 characters or less.
I have gone through my life denying that twitter is a real thing, just sort of mentally blocking it
it's worked pretty well so far

Jeans. I've just never been a fan, dunno. I guess part of it is probably that I wear shorts all year and jean shorts are generally awful.

And finally, when professors grade you on anything other than in-class tests/quizzes.
this is something that people like?
I mean I thought this was the things that you don't like that other people like thread
not the things I don't like thread

I hate Angelina Jolee because everyone likes her but I just think she's a bitch and that everyone else is wrong about her and I'm right because I know for a fact that she is a bitch because I have superiorer reasoning than everyone else.

She's also ugly as FUCK!

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why do people hate on heavy metal, and rap? I'm sure it sounds harsh and crappy to your ears, but if you go past that a lot of it is actually very musically creative. Heavy Metal, for example, has a bunch of complicated key changes, and although I dislike listening to it, is very musical (well some of it anyways). The flow and lyrics of hip hop, when done properly, is a godsend, and great to listen to. I understand these genres may not be suited for everyone, but the ignorance behind the hatred of these two genres is pretty stupid.

Justin Bieber is also a great musician. He suffers however, from shitty producers who put him in shitty "teen pop" songs. He worked hard to get where he is now, and he's a very very very good musician and singer.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hate Angelina Jolee because everyone likes her but I just think she's a bitch and that everyone else is wrong about her and I'm right because I know for a fact that she is a bitch because I have superiorer reasoning than everyone else.

She's also ugly as FUCK!
Allow me to redirect you to the first Tomb Raider. Whoo those are some huge tits!

The Bible
Call of Duty
top 40 rock
top 40 rap
deathcore
"modern" metalcore
nu-metal
jeans that are not blue or black.

Edit:

Megan Fox

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
dubstep, electronic music, heavy metal, rock, eternal
Read the post at the top of this page. This post if you're really dumb and can't find it. And this post too.

Yeah please people stop saying you hate some kind of musical genre, I can almost promise you it's because you haven't heard enough to really find what you like.

I used to be like, man that fucking country shit sucks. Then I found bluegrass, and it's amazing and all is well.

Also dvm (nobody uses that acronym but hey maybe I can start something???) that first song you posted is so good.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Why do people hate on heavy metal, and rap? I'm sure it sounds harsh and crappy to your ears, but if you go past that a lot of it is actually very musically creative. Heavy Metal, for example, has a bunch of complicated key changes, and although I dislike listening to it, is very musical (well some of it anyways).
What the fuck?

Perhaps they also simply dislike it and mentionned it in a thread where you are meant to list things you dislike.

I also generally dislike both metal and hip-hop music and if Tea Demon wants to call me an ignorant for it, I'll gladly do the same to everything he listed in his own post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)