I've had enough it's time for something real!

Intro: Hello everyone. Some of you probably know me on this board, most of you probably don't. Anyways I'm Nirvana and I've been ok at OU battling, but it's becoming extremely boring for me and I want to add a little twist to it by basing my team around weather. I decided to pick Rain Dance since my favorite Pokemon's been Scizor even before the Bullet Punch upgrade. Since Rain lowers Fire attacks I thought it would be extremely beneficial to Scizor. Jirachi is also one of my very favorite Pokemon, Rain just gives me an excuse to abuse Serene Grace with Thunder, plus Jirachi is a really really important part to a RD team, being able to set up rain and deal some serious damage. Anyways here's a first attempt at a rain dance team and I hope it's good enough to be a challenge.

Speed and Precision

Electrode @Damp Rock
Static
Hasty Nature
252 Atk / 28 SpA / 228 Spe

Rain Dance
Taunt
Explosion
Thunder

My lead. Electrode that could utilize Rain Dance. Its job is to set up rain, then abuse the hell out of Thunder, taunting slower leads and trick leads in the process until i decide to explode it. Electrode isn't as good as my old Deoxys lead, but it fits all of its roles minus setting up Stealth Rock, but I get a hopeful instant kill in the process with Explosion.

Dream On

Jirachi@ Damp Rock
Serene Grace
Bold Nature
252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD

Rain Dance
Thunder
Water Pulse
Grass Knot

I'm trying to make this as offensive as possible, so I gave my torrential Jirachi a more offensive based moveset. It's meant to abuse Thunder, hopefully getting a parahax in the process. Water Pulse is just there to get a confuse hax and a boost from the rain. Grass Knot is to take care of bulky waters like Swampert and the rare but still possible Quagsire.

The Beast

Kingdra@Life Orb
Swift Swim
Naughty Nature
252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe

Draco Meteor
Waterfall
Rain Dance
Surf

A mixed Kingdra meant to abuse the living hell out of Swift Swim. I may go pure offensive mixed with Outrage instead of Rain Dance, but I feel on a RD team, the more RD users the better so I most likely i'll go with Rain Dance. This originally was a DD Kingdra, but I switched the role of DD to Gyarados

"I will make you scream till there's silence"

Swampert @Choice Band
Torrent
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Superpower

This is a little surprise that I decided to try out. CB Swampert is actually a real beast that's underrated. Most people will expect a bulky wall, but will be greeted by a STAB+Rain Waterfall coming from a CB'd 350 Atk. This Pokemon is notably slower than the other ones on my team, but that's so it can attack that much more effectively while still providing some bulk.

Dance of Death

Ludicolo @Life Orb
Swift Swim
Modest Nature
252 SpA / 152 HP / 104 Spe

Surf
Ice Beam
Energy Ball
Rain Dance

Here we have another rain abuser/starter. Ludicolo is a necessity for Rain Dance teams and here we have an offensive set that can set up rain on its own. This thing is fast and very very hard to deal with once it's set up. I picked Energy Ball over Grass Knot so I can kill the lighter water types such as Vaporeon.

Avenged 7X

Scizor @Damp Rock
Technician
Relaxed Nature
252 HP/ 116 Atk / 142 Def

Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Rain Dance
Light Screen

I changed Scizor's role from an SD Sweeper to some more rain support and screen support. I kept bullet punch as a priority for when it needs to attack and added pursuit for those Pokemon fearing bullet punch. When the rain goes down, I'll bring this in on a Pokemon hopefully weak to Scizor. Then with careful prediction, I'll Bullet Punch him for some damage, or Pursuit him if he tries to switch. Then I'll proceed to set up Rain and maybe even a Light Screen to follow.

Bench Pokemon:

Super Saiyan

Jolteon@ Damp Rock
Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Thunder
Hidden Power Ice/Grass
Shadow Ball
Rain Dance

Another rain abuser. Jolteon's already high speed and special attack with STAB Thunder can be abused to hell with the rain. Its secondary role is to set up rain if it were to stop due to a Tyranitar or Hippowdon coming in (though this does not switch on the Hippo or TTar). It does kill Zapdos, Skarm, and resists Scizor's BP, so that's pretty handy on my fast paced offense team.

Shenron

Gyarados @Leftovers/Lum Berry
Intimidate
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge

A new DD Gyara meant to set up and pulverize anything in the rain. Waterfall from a max attack Gyarados w/DD is immensely powerful, crushing anything that doesn't resist it. If I sense an electrical attack, I just simply switch to Jolteon and Jolteon will destroy the Thunder user (hopefully)

Conclusion: Well there's my first serious offensive rain dance team guys, I hope it's good enough to be a competitive threat. I'm open to criticism and suggestions so feel free to post any constructive comments.

Well if you didnt know, Deoxsys is banned on the smogon OU ladder, so if youre gonna use a rain dance team, use Electrode. Its the fastest rain dance/taunt lead, and can abuse thunder

well it's been changed so now you guys can see if there's any problems that have risen due to Electrode being changed for Deoxys-S

Alright, with that change, here's my actual rate.

Your team seems exceptionally Earthquake weak. Without a single member who is immune to EQ, two who are weak, and only one who resists, a powerful Earthquake user (DDGyara, DDMence, DDTtar, CB Flygon) could walk all over this team. You have a surprising lack of Electric weaknesses for a Rain Dance team, which actually reduces the usefulness of Jolteon. You could consider adding Gyarados over Swampert to fix both of these problems. It will encourage Electric Attacks for Jolt to switch into, as well as giving you an Earthquake Immunity to switch in for your Electric Types.

hmm i thought about using gyarados for a rain dance team, but I was really afraid of the rain being used against me, but I guess Thunder is rarely carried on non-dance teams. i'll consider that option thank you. But, what role would Gyarados play since Kingdra is already a DDer?

hmm i thought about using gyarados for a rain dance team, but I was really afraid of the rain being used against me, but I guess Thunder is rarely carried on non-dance teams. i'll consider that option thank you. But, what role would Gyarados play since Kingdra is already a DDer?
Well, as the Gyarados page itself suggests, Flail Gyarados benefits heavily from Rain Support, as this eliminates the Sandstorm that could otherwise take him down.
Alternately, you can make Gyarados your DD Sweeper and make Kingdra something else. Double Mixed Set (Hydro Pump/Waterfall/Outrage/Draco Meteor) with such plentiful rain support could be devastating. Kingdra does not need Dragon Dance as much, as Rain already massively boosts his speed (to the point where with very few speed EVs you outspeed things like Timid Scarftran) and the damage of his water STAB moves. If I were you, I'd go this route, as Dragon Dancing with Kingdra just seems like it wastes turns of rain. I mean, if Jolteon is your only Damp Rock user (Focus Sash on 'Trode and Life Orb on Ludicolo), that means most of your rain will be 5 turns. Turn 1 is the rain set-up. Turn 2 is your switch/explosion/whatever to Kingdra. Turn 3 is your Dragon Dance, leaving you only turns 4 and 5 to sweep. Three turns of offensive power seems much better, especially as this keeps you from being walled by prediction (like switch to Vaporeon to absorb your Waterfall, then switch to Heatran to absorb the outrage and KO you with Dragon Pulse, as now your rain is gone and he outspeeds you, and you're stuck on outrage on a steel). It's not as big of an issue if one or both of the non-Jolt pokemon have Damp Rock, but the stronger option is probably the one without Damp Rock.

Well, as the Gyarados page itself suggests, Flail Gyarados benefits heavily from Rain Support, as this eliminates the Sandstorm that could otherwise take him down.
Alternately, you can make Gyarados your DD Sweeper and make Kingdra something else. Double Mixed Set (Hydro Pump/Waterfall/Outrage/Draco Meteor) with such plentiful rain support could be devastating. Kingdra does not need Dragon Dance as much, as Rain already massively boosts his speed (to the point where with very few speed EVs you outspeed things like Timid Scarftran) and the damage of his water STAB moves. If I were you, I'd go this route, as Dragon Dancing with Kingdra just seems like it wastes turns of rain. I mean, if Jolteon is your only Damp Rock user (Focus Sash on 'Trode and Life Orb on Ludicolo), that means most of your rain will be 5 turns. Turn 1 is the rain set-up. Turn 2 is your switch/explosion/whatever to Kingdra. Turn 3 is your Dragon Dance, leaving you only turns 4 and 5 to sweep. Three turns of offensive power seems much better, especially as this keeps you from being walled by prediction (like switch to Vaporeon to absorb your Waterfall, then switch to Heatran to absorb the outrage and KO you with Dragon Pulse, as now your rain is gone and he outspeeds you, and you're stuck on outrage on a steel). It's not as big of an issue if one or both of the non-Jolt pokemon have Damp Rock, but the stronger option is probably the one without Damp Rock.
Most likely I'll make Electrode hold a Damp Rock since i don't NEED to explode on something. I'd rather have the extra turns of rain in the long run and I'll probably change Kingdra to the sweeper you suggested. Gyarados will probably be a DDer. How does CB Gyara sound? i might try it out just to see how it does.

Most likely I'll make Electrode hold a Damp Rock since i don't NEED to explode on something. I'd rather have the extra turns of rain in the long run and I'll probably change Kingdra to the sweeper you suggested. Gyarados will probably be a DDer. How does CB Gyara sound? i might try it out just to see how it does.
CB Gyara is generally not considered worthwhile. For a single turn of set-up (which is easy to acchieve with intimidate and Gyara's bulkiness, as well as ground resistance), you can Dragon Dance, giving you the same +50% attack bonus as a CB, a 50% Speed Bonus on top of that, the ability to further increase this bonus AND the freedom to change moves. It certainly seems more worthwhile in my opinion, and the Gyara Analysis agrees, opening the CB set with "While not as threatening as some of the sets listed above".
On top of that, Choice Band will force you to switch Gyarados out more. Having to do this means Gyarados is going to be taking more stealth rock damage than he would like, reducing his chances to sweep anything.

For Kingdra, drop Outrage and use Dragon Dance or Rain Dance. Since you have a lot of dancers, Dragon Dance can be used but don't get greedy. The point is, Outrage is a bad move on Rain Kingdra because it is less powerful than his other moves, and locks you in. You may want to try Hydro Pump over Surf, as it will score crucial OHKOs on things like Zapdos and Rotom. Also, Hydro Pump + Draco Meteor 2HKOs most Suicune.

For Scizor I would consider fitting Rain Dace in there somewhere.

I worry about the lack of a solid transition pokemon, Jolteon isn't too bulky, Ludicolo is a sweeper with LO, so receiving damage beforehand isnt too good, Electrode'll be dying anyway, with Kingdra if you decide to go Rain Dance, its in the same situation as Ludi. I recommend either putting Rain Dance on Scizor and not use him primarily for sweeping, more of a bulky RD backup, or slap Bronzong in over Jolteon, because honestly, I'd rather rely on Ludi/Kingdra for sweeping rather than Jolteon. Zong could run

Bronzong @ Damp Rock
Impish
252 HP/128 Atk/128 Def
Moves:
- Rain Dance
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis/Reflect/Light Screen

The torrential zong set, i'd rather not rely on hypnosis's shaky accuracy, so the screens can help too.

With Kingdra, it's best if you go with HydroPump/Rain Dance over Surf/RainDance or Surf/Outrage, since Hydro Pump can work with Draco Meteor to OHKO some crucial Bulky Waters like Raikou said, bar stupid stupid stupid vaporeon. Rain Dance could help with your lack of rain starters, giving your sweepers themselves the ability to start their own sweep, but you have to take damage along the way, so I'd stick with the transition poke most of the time.

With Ludi, consider Focus Punch if you're good on prediction to whack Bliss, since it plus Rain Boosted surf means no more fat pink blob. Again about the lack of rain dancers you might not want it.

Actually if you want, Swampert isnt a bad choice for a Rain Team, perhaps over Gyara or something, mainly because it beats Rotom/Blissey combo that is commonly seen trying to wall Rain Teams, if MixDra couldn't beat it or you predicted wrong, Pert is always there for backup. Perhaps Hydro Pump over Stone Edge, so to hit Skarm harder, if you wanna use him.

hope i helped.

I worry about the lack of a solid transition pokemon, Jolteon isn't too bulky, Ludicolo is a sweeper with LO, so receiving damage beforehand isnt too good, Electrode'll be dying anyway, with Kingdra if you decide to go Rain Dance, its in the same situation as Ludi. I recommend either putting Rain Dance on Scizor and not use him primarily for sweeping, more of a bulky RD backup, or slap Bronzong in over Jolteon, because honestly, I'd rather rely on Ludi/Kingdra for sweeping rather than Jolteon. Zong could run

Bronzong @ Damp Rock
Impish
252 HP/128 Atk/128 Def
Moves:
- Rain Dance
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis/Reflect/Light Screen

The torrential zong set, i'd rather not rely on hypnosis's shaky accuracy, so the screens can help too.

With Kingdra, it's best if you go with HydroPump/Rain Dance over Surf/RainDance or Surf/Outrage, since Hydro Pump can work with Draco Meteor to OHKO some crucial Bulky Waters like Raikou said, bar stupid stupid stupid vaporeon. Rain Dance could help with your lack of rain starters, giving your sweepers themselves the ability to start their own sweep, but you have to take damage along the way, so I'd stick with the transition poke most of the time.

With Ludi, consider Focus Punch if you're good on prediction to whack Bliss, since it plus Rain Boosted surf means no more fat pink blob. Again about the lack of rain dancers you might not want it.

Actually if you want, Swampert isnt a bad choice for a Rain Team, perhaps over Gyara or something, mainly because it beats Rotom/Blissey combo that is commonly seen trying to wall Rain Teams, if MixDra couldn't beat it or you predicted wrong, Pert is always there for backup. Perhaps Hydro Pump over Stone Edge, so to hit Skarm harder, if you wanna use him.

hope i helped.
so you're sayin I remove jolt for something like a torrential zong? how does jirachi sound for that role? it's not that i don't like your idea its just that I want to try out something new. I originally had Pert, but I had been given advice to add Gyara in order to make the opponent actually use electric attacks so I can bring in Jolt. I'll think on that though.

EDIT: I'm going to school so right now my team's incomplete. I'll be switching Jolt for a torrential jirachi to abuse thunder and maybe get some hax. and maybe bring in pert for Gyara again

By torrential Jirachi I assume you meant

Jirachi @ Damp Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/180 SpDef/76 Def
Moves:
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Water Pulse/Psychic/U-Turn
- Wish/Grass Knot

your choice, i've used Jirachi in RD before and it works great, considering that it's bulkier than Bronzong, etc. If you want to use it though, I generally recommend Grass Knot over Wish on the last slot, since last I used Jirachi a lot of people were switching Swampert, Hippowdon and the like into me, so Grass Knot helps to dent them. Jirachi can SR, screen and yeah, all that good stuff, hard to fit all into one set though.

The only perks Zong has over Jirachi are Ground Immunity, which might help with a ground weakness if you think your team has one, (o.0) neutralized weaknesses other than 1.5 'weakness' to water under rain and Explosion, so if you feel you don't need those, then Jirachi is a great alternative.

By torrential Jirachi I assume you meant

Jirachi @ Damp Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/180 SpDef/76 Def
Moves:
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Water Pulse/Psychic/U-Turn
- Wish/Grass Knot

your choice, i've used Jirachi in RD before and it works great, considering that it's bulkier than Bronzong, etc. If you want to use it though, I generally recommend Grass Knot over Wish on the last slot, since last I used Jirachi a lot of people were switching Swampert, Hippowdon and the like into me, so Grass Knot helps to dent them. Jirachi can SR, screen and yeah, all that good stuff, hard to fit all into one set though.

The only perks Zong has over Jirachi are Ground Immunity, which might help with a ground weakness if you think your team has one, (o.0) neutralized weaknesses other than 1.5 'weakness' to water under rain and Explosion, so if you feel you don't need those, then Jirachi is a great alternative.
Yep i'll be using that one. thanks for the grass knot choice though. Wish will probably waste a turn of rain so i wanted a little more offense on Jirachi's moveset and I feel Grass Knot will fit in perfectly. I'll make the changes immediately

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just came to say this thread is incredibly eye catching... Like WOW

oh, why the hell not I can do a rate:

Jirachi's EV's were very eye catching for me on the first glance. I realize that it's what the set calls for but I see really no need to have 80 Def when you're carrying a Gyarados and a Ludicolo on your team. I would suggest you move them over to the SpAtk placement as they don't seem to help to much. Once again Psychic if you want that STAB.

This is personal preference but if you slap a Life Orb on Gyarados his STAB Waterfall in the rain will hurt everything even those that do resist it.

For scizor I would maybe suggest a Relaxed nature for Scizor, he's not out speeding anything any way but Bullet Punch makes up for it. That would boost his fairly decent Defense and since you're running Light Screen an EV's set of:
252 HP/ 116 Atk / 142 Def seems to make him able to take hits from all spectrums (assuming Light Screen is up) Though people may correct me if I'm wrong. Max HP to make him as bulky as can be, the 116 was a number pulled out of my ass, but it makes him seem like he can hit more (I'll do some calcs). The Defense is to boost the stat you're not effectivly doubling.

Life Orb on Ludicolo, make that maxican hit harder.

With the 16 speed on kingdra what does that help him outspeed? Anything worth mentioning?

The EVs generate enough Speed to outrun Modest ChoiceScarf Porygon-Z and Naive Choice Scarf Heatran in the rain. Additional Speed can be used to beat specific Scarfed threats, but Salamence and Flygon are the only faster Scarfers capable of revenge killing a Kingdra in good health.
He outspeeds Modest Scarftres, Modest ScarfPoryZ, Modest Scarf Roserade, Timid ScarfTran, Neutral Max Speed Ninjask, Max Speed Electrode, in Rain. (lol all that is from the speed tiers article)

lol 252 HP/76 Def/180 SpDef on Jira, for the extremely extremely extremely rare poryZ download thing.

I switched out Gyara for Pert again because Gyara is just a liability with his 4x weakness compared to Pert's Electric immunity. CB Pert also has a really mean STAB Waterfall that will annhialate those who underestimate it so, besides the speed decrease, it's a win win situation

What's the point in making Scizor Relaxed instead of Impish?
I don't see the point in sacrificing speed.
It doesn't hurt to get the jump on pokes with the same base speed.

Intro: Hello everyone. Some of you probably know me on this board, most of you probably don't. Anyways I'm Nirvana and I've been ok at OU battling, but it's becoming extremely boring for me and I want to add a little twist to it by basing my team around weather. I decided to pick Rain Dance since my favorite Pokemon's been Scizor even before the Bullet Punch upgrade. Since Rain lowers Fire attacks I thought it would be extremely beneficial to Scizor. Anyways here's a first attempt at a rain dance team and I hope it's good enough to be a challenge.

Speed and Precision

Electrode @Damp Rock
Static
Hasty Nature
252 Atk / 28 SpA / 228 Spe

Rain Dance
Taunt
Explosion
Thunder

My lead. Electrode that could utilize Rain Dance. Its job is to set up rain, then abuse the hell out of Thunder, taunting slower leads and trick leads in the process until i decide to explode it. Electrode isn't as good as my old Deoxys lead, but it fits all of its roles minus setting up Stealth Rock, but I get a hopeful instant kill in the process with Explosion.

Watch out for the Hippo, maybe use toxic? lol

I like Electrode LOL. <3 nice spread too

Dream On

Jirachi@ Damp Rock
Serene Grace
Bold Nature
252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD

Rain Dance
Thunder
Water Pulse
Grass Knot

I'm trying to make this as offensive as possible, so I gave my torrential Jirachi a more offensive based moveset. It's meant to abuse Thunder, hopefully getting a parahax in the process. Water Pulse is just there to get a confuse hax and a boost from the rain. Grass Knot is to take care of bulky waters like Swampert and the rare but still possible Quagsire.
Okay i guess

The Beast

Kingdra@Life Orb
Swift Swim
Naughty Nature
252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe

Draco Meteor
Waterfall
Outrage/Rain Dance
Surf

A mixed Kingdra meant to abuse the living hell out of Swift Swim. I may go pure offensive mixed with Outrage instead of Rain Dance, but I feel on a RD team, the more RD users the better so I most likely i'll go with Rain Dance. This originally was a DD Kingdra, but I switched the role of DD to Gyarados
Go Outrage>Rain Dance. Btw, Water Fall is stronger than Outrage with rain (i think)

"I will make you scream till there's silence"

Swampert @Choice Band
Torrent
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Superpower

This is a little surprise that I decided to try out. CB Swampert is actually a real beast that's underrated. Most people will expect a bulky wall, but will be greeted by a STAB+Rain Waterfall coming from a CB'd 350 Atk. This Pokemon is notably slower than the other ones on my team, but that's so it can attack that much more effectively while still providing some bulk.

Fine I guess =D

Dance of Death

Ludicolo @Life Orb
Swift Swim
Modest Nature

Surf
Ice Beam
Energy Ball
Rain Dance

Here we have another rain abuser/starter. Ludicolo is a necessity for Rain Dance teams and here we have an offensive set that can set up rain on its own. This thing is fast and very very hard to deal with once it's set up. I picked Energy Ball over Grass Knot so I can kill the lighter water types such as Vaporeon.
Okay I guess >.>

Avenged 7X

Scizor @Damp Rock
Technician
Relaxed Nature
252 HP/ 116 Atk / 142 Def

Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Rain Dance
Light Screen

I changed Scizor's role from an SD Sweeper to some more rain support and screen support. I kept bullet punch as a priority for when it needs to attack and added pursuit for those Pokemon fearing bullet punch. When the rain goes down, I'll bring this in on a Pokemon hopefully weak to Scizor. Then with careful prediction, I'll Bullet Punch him for some damage, or Pursuit him if he tries to switch. Then I'll proceed to set up Rain and maybe even a Light Screen to follow.
You dont need for half the team to have raindance. srsly. I would go Brick Break/Uturn over Raindance and change the item to Leftovers.

Bench Pokemon:

Super Saiyan

Jolteon@ Damp Rock
Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Thunder
Hidden Power Ice/Grass
Shadow Ball
Rain Dance

Another rain abuser. Jolteon's already high speed and special attack with STAB Thunder can be abused to hell with the rain. Its secondary role is to set up rain if it were to stop due to a Tyranitar or Hippowdon coming in (though this does not switch on the Hippo or TTar). It does kill Zapdos, Skarm, and resists Scizor's BP, so that's pretty handy on my fast paced offense team.

Shenron

Gyarados @Leftovers/Lum Berry
Intimidate
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge

A new DD Gyara meant to set up and pulverize anything in the rain. Waterfall from a max attack Gyarados w/DD is immensely powerful, crushing anything that doesn't resist it. If I sense an electrical attack, I just simply switch to Jolteon and Jolteon will destroy the Thunder user (hopefully)

Conclusion: Well there's my first serious offensive rain dance team guys, I hope it's good enough to be a competitive threat. I'm open to criticism and suggestions so feel free to post any constructive comments.
I never really could use rain dance teams, so my advice might not be amazing. Atleast i tried lol

I never really could use rain dance teams, so my advice might not be amazing. Atleast i tried lol
Although over half my team has rain dance, it's better to have more rain users than less right? 5 may be a little too many but i'd rather be safe than sorry in the event a little luck hax beats all my RD users somehow.

Have you considered using Azumarill over Swampert? Both can perform similar roles however Azumarill gets the added bonus of Huge Power making it's attack stat nearly twice as high as your Swampert's. Azumarill can also give you a powerful priority move when in the rain. From experience, Azumarill's Aqua Jet+Scizor's Bullet Punch is a godsend when weaking your opponents team, and makes it really easy for your Kingdra to have a nice late game sweep.

actually the way I see it kingdra should have no problem putting huge holes in the team making an azumarill aqua jet sweep a piece of cake. either way it's a good idea in theory.

You know what, Azumarill is a cool idea! I love using underrated Pokemon like Azumarill and CB Pert against opponents and whooping them with it. I use pert mainly for electrical weaknesses and I still haven't tested out this team believe it or not lol. If i feel pert's speed is a liability, Azumarill and its Aqua Jet will be the first thing I'd add over Pert.Thanks for the suggestion!

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Ludicolo @Life Orb
Swift Swim
Modest Nature

Surf
Ice Beam
Leech Seed

Rain Dance/energy ball

I do prefer leech seed to cause switches and also to regain health as ludicolo can sweep use properly.

Also why do you have so many rain dancers?
If i were you i would use up to 3 and use some extra moves.

Ludicolo @Life Orb
Swift Swim
Modest Nature

Surf
Ice Beam
Leech Seed

Rain Dance/energy ball

I do prefer leech seed to cause switches and also to regain health as ludicolo can sweep use properly.

Also why do you have so many rain dancers?
If i were you i would use up to 3 and use some extra moves.
Well as i stated above, I prefer to have too many dancers as opposed to too little, especially when I'm not that good with rain dance teams. Anyways, since this is a very fast paced RD team, with all due respect I prefer my set for Ludicolo, along with most of my Pokemon being able to set up its own rain so as little turns are wasted as possible. I still take these suggestions to mind though so maybe i'll switch the movesets if I feel it's unnecessary

I for one don't like pokemon having limited to one move on fast teams such as Rain Dance teams (CB Swampert), being that your pokemon would/have to sweep from the get-go once the Rain is set up. I think Azu is a good idea as well, a Life Orb variant would make you freely use your moves while still owning frail sweepers with Rain Dance boosted Aqua Jet.

It really is a shame that Hypnosis dropped to 60%, as I used to use Crobat leads to set up Rain Dance all the time, being able to use Hypnosis then set up. Still Electrode is faster at doing this.

*Fish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)