IVs to PID applet

Not to be an asshole or anything, but I must say that ANY implementation that finds the PID of a Pokemon from its IVs uses the reverse RNG formula that, as far as I know, was discovered by me and by tsanth independently of each other without any external help. So every implementation that is neither by me nor by tsanth should give credit either to me or to tsanth as appropriate. I think this is only fair.
SCV's Credits tsanth. The credits were at the end of his guide.

Not to be an asshole or anything, but I must say that ANY implementation that finds the PID of a Pokemon from its IVs uses the reverse RNG formula that, as far as I know, was discovered by me and by tsanth independently of each other without any external help. So every implementation that is neither by me nor by tsanth should give credit either to me or to tsanth as appropriate. I think this is only fair.

Read this.
Apologies. We just didn't credit anyone (not even ourselves) because the app was coded mainly for our own use. I will upload a new one with some credits.

Thanks. Didn't see that. I was dumb.

I entered in the IVs of the Starly I bred, and I got no possibilities. So the applet doesn't apply to Pokemon that have been bred?

Jolly
♂ Starly OT Nicknamable
31 / 31 / 21 / 4 / 5 / 31
Correct. If you bred that Starly, it should be legitimate.

finding out a if a baby's parent is hacked is a lie. If anyone tells you this, they are BSing big time. I'm guess if someone will get your game, get the .pkm file of that Pokemon out, look under it real close under a hex editor, then yea, they will find it, but would people really care? I think not.

when eggs hatch, new trash bytes writes over the egg, which has the trash bytes from when it was an egg, but it is still messed up cause of IV inheritance.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I thought the article was only about non-bred Pokemon, and the applet made it clear that it only finds PIDs of non-bred Pokemon. But maybe it wasn't clear enough. I'll check.

why are people saying that this will cause wifi forums to die?

Sorry if its a noob question but I would like to understand why my azelf will now be probably useless :/

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
why are people saying that this will cause wifi forums to die?

Sorry if its a noob question but I would like to understand why my azelf will now be probably useless :/
Because you can't prove yours legit and you can't prove hacker x's is a hack.

Basically boils down to having to build trust with those you trade with more than ever, which is a bit :S

Because you can't prove yours legit and you can't prove hacker x's is a hack.

Basically boils down to having to build trust with those you trade with more than ever, which is a bit :S
ah ok, thanks for the the reply ^^ too bad the world is so unethical nowadays, even in things like Pokemon, which is merely a kid game xD
no AR ftw! ^^

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well I suppose you can still detect if Pal Parked legends are hacked or not, because iirc Pal Parked Pokemon have trash bytes whereas D/P caught legends don't, and sav removes trash bytes from Pokemon.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anyone with a GBA AR can get past that problem quite easily, as can anyone with a Flashcart.

Anyone with a GBA AR can get past that problem quite easily, as can anyone with a Flashcart.
Flash Card can deal with D/P made stuff, they don't have trash bytes so they are boned.

And to go REALLY farfeched, someone can say, use the PID calculator, go on "Ancient" Pokemonmaker, punch in the PIDs and the loooong ass code into the GBA AR and pal park it. That Pokemon would have valid trash bytes.

The ONLY thing that is still "safe" is XD Pokemon, they use a different formula of randomization then the GBA

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Or just use an encounter code to catch the 3rd-gen pokemon (since level caught and location caught get overwritten anyways), pal park it, and just use a hex editor to change their PID and IV. Trash bytes will still be legal.

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'll be updating my applet to find the PID of chained shiny Pokemon as well, so stay tuned.

Would it be possible to display the seed associated with the PID in a future update as well, for potential practical application in-game?

Again, can't stress how amazing this is.

X-Act

Yes it would, no problem.

I've implemented the algorithm for chained shinies PID, basically following the one that tsanth posted in his website. I actually made it slightly more efficient by generating the PID in 'reverse', so to speak, instead of reversing to the start and then moving forwards again to create it. That way I used 17 less RNG calls for every IV match. Yeah, I know, it isn't much, but it's still more efficient.

Interestingly, chained shinies can have two different random seeds that generate the same exact IVs and PID.

Is this supposed to work with event pokemon? The reason I ask is that my JAA Celebi I personally got directly from the event (and have confirmed IVs multiple times, etc.) is coming up as "no possibilities." I know there is no way that the celebi is, or could possibly be hacked, but it is showing it as if it was.

For reference, the celebi's IVs are: 21 / 17 / 26 / 28 / 31 / 8 with a relaxed nature.

edit: It is doing the same thing with my gamestop deoxys

I'm confused, the way you wrote the last article about PID and IV generation, it seemed that nature and IVs are not produced via the same number.

This applet creates 1 32 bit number, so that is not directly related to IV creation?

The numbers produced by the RNG for the next 2-3 calls are the numbers that create the IVs right?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Is this supposed to work with event pokemon? The reason I ask is that my JAA Celebi I personally got directly from the event (and have confirmed IVs multiple times, etc.) is coming up as "no possibilities." I know there is no way that the celebi is, or could possibly be hacked, but it is showing it as if it was.

For reference, the celebi's IVs are: 21 / 17 / 26 / 28 / 31 / 8 with a relaxed nature.

Most events do not use the same RNG as ingame, so no, it's most likely not meant to work with all event Pokemon.

X-Act

No, it would probably not work with event Pokemon. They are created using different methods.

I'm confused, the way you wrote the last article about PID and IV generation, it seemed that nature and IVs are not produced via the same number.

This applet creates 1 32 bit number, so that is not directly related to IV creation?

The numbers produced by the RNG for the next 2-3 calls are the numbers that create the IVs right?
Nature is found from the PID. I find the PID of the Pokemon that generates those IVs and that produces the nature required. So yeah, they are related in that they result from consecutive calls of the RNG having a particular seed.

The ONLY thing that is still "safe" is XD Pokemon, they use a different formula of randomization then the GBA
That doesn't make much sense. The reason why GCN Pokemon aren't included in this article/applet is because few (if any) people understand the differences between the GBA/DS RNG and the GCN RNG. Until that happens, nobody can tell if a GCN Pokemon is hacked or not, merely by looking at the PID.

Sorry for the bump...
I need some help please. I caught a shiny Regigigas on Platinum the other day. I entered its IVs and Nature. But the applet came up with two Method 1s. What do I do? I tried both, but on the first one, it started with like 3 000s so they wouldnt paste into Calculator and on the 2nd, my Trainer ID in binary had 19 digits. Any know what I do?

X-Act

Sorry for the bump...
I need some help please. I caught a shiny Regigigas on Platinum the other day. I entered its IVs and Nature. But the applet came up with two Method 1s. What do I do? I tried both, but on the first one, it started with like 3 000s so they wouldnt paste into Calculator and on the 2nd, my Trainer ID in binary had 19 digits. Any know what I do?
What do you want to do exactly?

What do you want to do exactly?
-_- Ok, I got that part wrong, but now I have a different problem. I did everything correctly and my binary result start with 0. Maybe there's something I forgot? A 0 won't paste into binary on Window Calculator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)