1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Jellicent

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by HolyChipmunk, Feb 24, 2011.

1. HolyChipmunk

HolyChipmunk California's finest chodesmuggler

I'll clean this up a bit when I have the time.
  2. Moo

Moo Professor
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Eh....

Tbh, Burungeru seems like a mediocre poke in Ubers. It is immune to water attacks, but vulnerable to electric attacks, and Thunder is very common in ubers. Plus it can't take physical hits very well at all.

Burungeru is also outclassed as a spin blocker by Giratina and Giratina-O.
  3. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

What exactly is Bloongell walling in Ubers? It is 2HKOd by Timid ScarfPalkia's Thunder or LO Spacial Rend, which aren't among the strongest moves. If used as a Manaphy / Kyogre check alone (Thunder or Grass Knot will hurt)...I'd rather just use Latias.
  4. Fireburn

Fireburn BARN ALL
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Ubers Co-Leader

Jellicent fails as a Kyogre counter thanks to Thunder and not being able to hurt it outside of Toxic, Manaphy is never choiced and can actually set up on it thanks to Hydration and Jellicent having lame offenses, and pretty much anything else in Ubers can muscle past it or set up on it. Mediocre Speed and offense combined with only 100/70/100 defenses (good in OU, not so great in Ubers when most SWEEPERS have comparable or better defenses) and weaknesses to Electric-, Grass-, Ghost-, and Dark-type attacks kinda make Jellicent a mediocre defensive Pokemon. It takes Physical hits very badly unless it can Burn the offender on the switch and it's defenses aren't good enough to handle repeated high powered special attacks. I'm sorry, but I see no real use for this in Ubers.

QC REJECTED (1/2)
  5. trickroom

trickroom
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Besides walling mono attacking Kyogre, I don't see what Jellicent can do really well. It's terrible offenses and average defenses just aren't enough to compete in Ubers. It's sad that Burungeru can't even wall Mixed Palkia. Almost any pokemon in Uber can beat Jellicent. Kyogre commonly carries Thunder in most sets so you can't wall it. Jellicent can't damage Kyogre carrying Rest either which is the only variant Jellicent can wall.
    As a wall it is outclassed by Giratina completely who has much better defenses and can actually phaze+damage things. Being slower than every Uber and unable to touch Forretress, Ubers top spinner is also a major hindrance.

I am sorry, but Jellicent just isn't fit for Ubers.

QC REJECTED (2/2)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)