J's ou team

Hey, this is one of my teams i made awhile ago and it's working really well.
Feel free to comment on it or add any ideas.

scarf trick (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Surf This guy's just amazing, as most people know. I run him mainly to check most things like slower dragons, gliscor, he's also my dragon type user and a good blissey counter because not many people expect him to use psyshock. He really shouldn't be OU imo because he's just so good, but he can generally kill anything slower than him, and take hits pretty well. Nattorei kind of does wall him, but scizor and victini generally handles him most of the time, surf is just for coverage for stuff like heatran, also specs draco meteor hits like a tank, it 1hkos or does what darm does to pokes lol, even resisted.

Trololo (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave
I've been looking for a good rocks user, without much luck, and bliss does it really well ;), just switch in on a satk, rocks then keep u turning/volt changing with rotom and victini. It tanks special attacks like a monster, and works very well with gliscor, t wave just to hit sweepers or fast pokes. The only down side to her it is that it can't really take a physical hit too well, stuff like u turn, and weak pokes like gliscor tho it can wall all day :P, the 24 sdef ev's just to take hydro pumps in the rain better.

EDIT: I USED TO RUN VICTINI NOT APE

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
I've been looking for a good fire type and infernape is really good at being one lol, with stab CC and stab flare blitz it tears through stuff neutral or weak to them. U-turn just to get advantage, and hp ice for gliscor and those pesky dragons. I don't run fire blast because i don't want to share satk/att ev's and sdef rachi trolls special ape. The only real counter is stuff faster than it, which isn't much outside of latios and scarfers lol, and if there is i have blissey/gliscor to take the hits. All around though he's really good.

im so LO (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Rotom is amazing, he's my main water user, he can do a nice chunk to a lot with hydro pump, or just volt switch and do some dmg from rocks and volt, trick for walls and set ups, hp ice is just to kill the dragons and gliscor. He walls excadril pretty well, he can take 1-2 rock slides from him, or a return if they run it, and 1hko the excadril. The only thing that walls it is nattorei, but i normally will just volt change or trick it, and switch into scizor and set up on it, or victini and v-create.

banded (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
My priority user and also a very good sweeper. Scizor can take a hit from reuniclus very well even at +1 and finish it off with bug bite after a SD, super power for coverage. Scizor takes a +1 reuniclus with max satk and leftys with about 30% i'm pretty sure, and that lets me set up a swords dance, or if i'm not sure i'll just go for the safe bug bite and do a big chunk, and if i survive i'll bullet punch it. The main counters are heatran though, but usually i just predict the switch into it and super power, or let rotom handle it for me.

toxic heal (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Protect

Finally gliscor, he's my my physical wall, and my earthquake user. He's amazing with bliss, and with the u turners and volt changers i can just keep sending him in to activate or heal him if he's low hp, he also handles a lot of problems with a 110 base power acrobat with stab lol. I needed a STAB earthquake user, so i decided to run him, he 1hko's heatran, and 2hkos sdef rachi. He's my status and electric absorber, he just takes the wil o wisps, or volt changes and sends a poison orb at them, then continues to do a lot of damage with acrobat. He has a lot of other uses as well, like taking tricks, if my scarfers are gone, and flinging the tricked item off, or just scouting.

Also about the names, they actually do trick people sometimes and beat people XD, whether it be because they think some are real or fake, because some are real, most are fake.

This is a very good team with no obvious weaknesses that I can find.
For Latios, I would run a Specs set over a Life Orb because you don't have something that can go in and hit like a tank (V-Generate is close but not there). I would also personally run Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse to hit even harder but that is just me.
Blissey looks fine.
For Victini, I am pretty sure that V-Generate is not out yet and the way to obtain it is frowned upon by many on this website, but the set looks fine, although move the SDef EV's to HP.
For Rotom, I would run Thunderbolt over Volt Switch because of the power, but that is just me.
Scizor is fine, and Gliscor is fine too.
Overall, a very good team, good luck.

yeah, i used to use t bolt, but volt change is very useful :P, and i might run draco and pulse since i don't need t bolt, seeing as how i alrdy have 2 electric users.

Hi J

Okay, I know you got some good success with this team so I won't suggest anything drastic. But I have some small suggestions.

First off, you could try Draco Meteor and Expert Belt on Latias. You have good enough coverage to abuse it and it will allow you to fake a Choice item. Draco Meteor is a hit-and-run move and it's nice of you want to get rid of something fast.

I also suggest slightly different EV spread on Scizor. A Careful nature and a spread of 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SDef allows you to set up on weaker special attackers and sweep from there. If you want you can also run Roost instead of Superpower for more survivability.

You might also give Gliscor a slightly different EV spread. An Impish nature and a spread of 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe will suffice. This allows Gliscor to check the main phsysical threats.

Hope these suggestions helped and good luck with the team!

a very solid team, although on latios the speed ev notation is "spe" "spd" is special defence which may confuse some people

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hello, this team seems to be quite solid but Ferrathorn could be problematic as it can set up layers of spikes on almost your entire team. With your two choiced Pokemon, this will play a large role as pokemon such as your Scizor will be worn down too quickly and the other team will be able to use powerful sweepers to abuse the spikes for large amounts of damage. Sub Swords Dance Garchomp is bound to give you trouble. It gets free setup on more than on Victini locked into the wrong move and can KO a few of your team members. Not to mention that Gliscor is not really investing in enough defense to take +2 boosted attacks. Also, past Latios or Rotom [which are both easily countered by common teammates to Garchomp], nothing really can do much to it. First of all, I think that your Gliscor set could be switched in order to more effectively check Garchomp. The one you're running right now is effective; however your team is in need of more coverage against Substitute Garchomp. The standard Swords Dance Gliscor set should work much more effectively in this position.

It seems that Victini is the weakest link in this team. You have a decent choice scarfed Pokemon in Rotom-W, Victini just doesn't seem to fit as it seems to be setup fodder with the lower speed from V-create anyways. I would try and replace Victini with another fire type in order to try and remedy your Ferrathorn weakness, as Victini will not always be locked onto V-create. A Balloon Heatran would work very well in this situation as it would allow you to take Stealth Rocks off of Blissey and run Flamethrower or Ice Beam instead. Also, Heatran is a really nice secondary check to Excadrill and has the ability to check other Gliscor, which is always really useful. Also, you could try opting for Hidden Power Fire over Thunderbolt on Latios. This allows you to hit Ferrathorn so it will not be able to spike all over this team. Finally, try running Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse on Latios as the raw power of Life Orb Draco Meteor makes it so that your will be easily punching holes in your opponents team, making it easier to sweep with something else easier later in the game.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish 252 HP | 176 Def | 80 Spe Poison Heal
Swords Dance | Earthquake | Ice Fang | Taunt

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid 4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe Flash Fire
Stealth Rocks | Fire Blast | Earth Power | Dragon Pulse

Overall this is a really solid team, gl.

Good idea, but i don't like heatran much, too many weaknesses, i don't need more steel types, and it's just so slow. Also i'm running ape over victini now cuz you're right lol, it's not so good, and i didn tneed it as a scarfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)