Kanto can be Vexing

Gotta say, Vex, that in the same way pokemon have a niche in battles, you have a warstory niche. No one can quite do the same job as you. And I'm glad!

The manner in which you are able to analyze a situation is still phenomenal.
Vex: you should consider battle tutoring. Or Warstory tutoring. Or Team Building. A lot of people have problems with at least one of the three when Warstorying.

I didn't grow up in the glorious DPPt era (although I did play come the release of Platinum), but so far you haven't disappointed in the slightest. One of your stories (at the very least) will be archived.
Personally, I don't like ready wall of texts when they're not broken up, but you do a good job of managing the layout, humor, thought process, and necessary information. It's outside my personality to actually follow the "1-10 out of 10" guidelines (i.e. 9001/10, etc.) but given the quality I see, how about 10/10?

I really need to figure out how to quote multiple people in one post x-X ANYWHOS

Next to the quote button is the multi-quote button. Click it on the original post of all except the last post you want to quote. Use the normal quote button for the last.

I'm a fairly average player and I lose just as often as I win.
Vex, you may have a 50-50 win-lose ratio, but your though process is above average. I'd call 50-50 above average, but then I'm at the lower end of the ladder. Call me Yertle.
Other than the bolded and the stuff between the quotes, the battle did feel like it was one-sided, which could be a good or bad thing (bad opponent, good control on your part), but I did enjoy the theme of Kanto Pokemon that were UU in Gen 4. Overall, keep (up) the good work; publish the awesome work.

I'm not here to get 10/10s all I'm here for is to give people something to read that I hope they'll enjoy. If I can make an average battle interesting to read, then I've accomplished what I wanted to do. I don't want to look like some massive amazing player who is a god of pokemon; because I'm not. I'm a fairly average player and I lose just as often as I win. Also, these are much more about the writing to me (being an aspiring writer if you read my other stories) and to be honest the log is just added bulk to a story I could have written without it. If there was a fiction section for straight up prose, believe you me I would be posting there instead of warstories. I mean there is Smeargle's Studio but I believe that's only for visual art unfortunately.
If you were a pkmn, you're two available abilities would be Writing and Humility. We appreciate both so much, it's hard to choose which to run! I'd go:
Vexatious(M) @ Laptop
Writing
252 Style/ 252 Humor/ 4 HP
Hasty (+ Warstories, - Editing)
-Trick
-U-turn
-Frustration
-Taunt

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I almost said this when I read your first warstory, I almost did when I read your second, but now it's official. My goal in life is to battle you epically, Vex. And if I end up in one of your war stories, then bonus.

If you were a pkmn, you're two available abilities would be Writing and Humility. We appreciate both so much, it's hard to choose which to run! I'd go:
Vexatious(M) @ Laptop
Writing
252 Style/ 252 Humor/ 4 HP
Hasty (+ Warstories, - Editing)
-Trick
-U-turn
-Frustration
-Taunt
I try not to post to often in my own warstories (to avoid constantly bumping them up and pushing newer fresh stories down from readers eyes), but I really needed to respond to this one because I laughed really hard when I read it (I do read every comment posted in my stories regardless if I respond to them or not). I find it funny that the spread is 252 style/252 humor/4hp because I use an HP laptop so it makes sense...haha

Also that moveset is definitely accurate especially Frustration and U-turn. Story of my life.

Off topic, but I believe you mentioned some typos in another one of my stories. On that matter, if you ever catch a "did you mean___", you're probably right. Unless I'm writing something for my workshops in class or something I intend to post on my deviant art, my only priority is to get a thought down and out. Feel free to rip anything apart, I know there are errors there and I'm glad there are people who can pick them out. Bad writing annoys me; people who can't tell when something is bad annoy me even more.

Vex: you should consider battle tutoring. Or Warstory tutoring. Or Team Building. A lot of people have problems with at least one of the three when Warstorying.
I've definitely considered doing this, and to be honest if anyone ever wanted help I'd offer it, but I feel like there are plenty of people on this website better suited to helping in these fields than I am. To be honest, I need some RMT help myself for this crazy new gen.

Here's hoping that Vex has an epic battle in the next few days.
Not likely. Between my fiction writing workshop needing 15 page short stories ever week, my young adult literature wanting a book read a week, my world literature class 50 pages reading a week, and my poetry class multiple poems a week, I don't have much time to play Pokemon.

Also, thanks to MvC3, my dedicated video game time is currently occupied. The other issue is I really want the metagame to settle (and to get a solid OU established ect) before I try to get any more into the game. You can expect another warstory (if at all) once the English release comes out and everything calms down.

Don't fret though, you can also expect another addition to Project: New Island this weekend when I have some free time. Also good job realizing Tyranitar is a dark type; That's a big part of what I'm planning.

gotta say while your first warstory here is great, the other two(this one and the other one with story) is downright dissapointing especialy the one with the story.

You kinda suffer the hype backlash as of now since most people were hyped with your warstory, blinded with your specially deep analytical thoughts and wall of texty writing that hide the actual battle IS really horrible(compared to standard warstory) to some with really openned eyes when reading your warstory.

Good luck in the future though

The warstory was awesome, but does this team have a plan for Stealth rock? with all the u-turning you do, im pretty sure SR /Spikes would tear it apart?

Honestly, a very annoying Warstory. 4 paragraphs after the first move? Vie never said this before, but your commentary was too much, too often. I mean, there were some good puns (where does that mail go?), but the rest was... Well, I don't know whether you'll get my point or whether I'm making it clear enough, as there is a bit of cloudy weather here, but I want you to reconsider whether the weather puns are really necessary or whether they're just repetitive and stale.

Get it? Lol

7/10 because the weather puns were awful, and there were just so freaking many of them!!!

Great war story this is the firset I've commented on and it is a 10/10 without a doubt. I love how you went threw the pros and cons to predict what he will do it seemed like you were in control except for when poli first came out. Make a jhoto team with like banded scizors, jumpluff leads and baton passing ledian(lol) and then make one for the other generations. <(^_^)> great work

8.5/10 Rock Blast on Cloyster severly hampers your score, but as usual, a top job. However, see a doctor about your U-Turn addiction. Really. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)