Move Knock Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Houndoom: 81-95 (27.7 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Losing a third of your health and a weakness to sr isn't pretty, especially if you no form of recovery.
It's not pretty but at least you don't lose your item. Only those with Mega evolution can take the risk of switching into a knock off while avoiding losing their item, and out of all mega's I'm aware off, only T-tar, Mawile and Houndoom resist dark attacks.

Knock off is really an ugly move to face, especially if your team depends on knock-able items like I do.

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 52-62 (15.2 - 18.1%) -- possible 6HKO

Mega Tyranitar doesn't care too much about Knock Off.

The problem is, like other guy in the previous page said, the amazing distribution this move has. It's everywhere, you can't just have an anti Knock Off mon in your team and call it a day. You are going to lose multiple items on a given match. Usually the only think you can do is suck it up, send in the proper counters (which cannot be weak to Dark) and try to keep momentum. For example, if my opponent has a Conkeldurr, I already know my Clefable won't have a leftovers in that match, because it will have to eat a few Knock Offs to stop the Conk.

Don't forget Terrakion, who resists and has Justified to nail an Attack boost, which is stronger than using a LO without recoil, and the same power as Choice Band but can switch moves, or simply with Air Balloon which would have gotten popped anyway.

Gyarados with Gyaradosite is a great switch with Intimidate which will really soften the blow, and Mega Gyarados resists it naturally.

Mega Venusaur is still one of the bulkiest things in the metagame and eats Knock Offs even without the resistance and is a phenomenal switch into AV Conk any day of the week.

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 52-62 (15.2 - 18.1%) -- possible 6HKO

Mega Tyranitar doesn't care too much about Knock Off.

The problem is, like other guy in the previous page said, the amazing distribution this move has. It's everywhere, you can't just have an anti Knock Off mon in your team and call it a day. You are going to lose multiple items on a given match. Usually the only think you can do is suck it up, send in the proper counters (which cannot be weak to Dark) and try to keep momentum. For example, if my opponent has a Conkeldurr, I already know my Clefable won't have a leftovers in that match, because it will have to eat a few Knock Offs to stop the Conk.
True. If you don't have a mega, the best thing is to send out someone who can afford to lose the item and fight back. Biggest mistake I ever did when facing Knock off is switching, and I ended up losing most of my items.

Is there a way to get knock off on a weavile with good iv's? as the breeding process for white 2 looks horrendous.

It's not pretty but at least you don't lose your item. Only those with Mega evolution can take the risk of switching into a knock off while avoiding losing their item, and out of all mega's I'm aware off, only T-tar, Mawile and Houndoom resist dark attacks.

Knock off is really an ugly move to face, especially if your team depends on knock-able items like I do.
Mega Absol also resists the Knock Off and can do a clean 76-91% with a fire blast. The only problem is that it is basically a coinflip if it can live the sucker punch to do it. Though in a pinch if you have nothing else it can work.

Not losing your item is a double edged sword since knock off will keep 97 base power if an item isn't removed.

Krookodile is, for stall, a very good Knock Off user. I don't know if anyone have said that before, but that's my point. With intimidate, "ok" bulk and good utility like Taunt and Toxic, is a beast and very viable in the current OU metagame.

Krookodile is, for stall, a very good Knock Off user. I don't know if anyone have said that before, but that's my point. With intimidate, "ok" bulk and good utility like Taunt and Toxic, is a beast and very viable in the current OU metagame.
I'd rather use scrafty if I was looking for a bulky pokemon with STAB Knock off tbh. Better bulk, and it has access to intimidate as well. Plus, you can actually recover health with Drain punch or by using Shed skin instead in conjunction with rest.

T-Bolt Well, Krookodile has 95 base HP; and is pretty much faster for using Taunt/Toxic. He also has 115 base atk wich is very nice having earthquake to hit Aegislash and Heatran that are everywhere.

Scrafty, for example, would be taunted against Mandibuzz when Krooko would taunt it and then toxic or so on.

Or you could use...

Me personally i feel like knock off has become a staple in the meta game being able to simple have that upper hand on your opponent so early in the game is devastating. Items are too crucial of an aspect in battling.

sticky hold ability mons if holding a item that can be knocked off will always be hit by 97 BP knock off since sticky hold prevents the removal and most sticky hold mons have bad physical defense or their physical defense is their worse defense which means they won't withstand multiple knock offs and all of these are RU/UU worthy at best.

sticky hold is not a answer to knock off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)