Languages

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
English (given as i live in michigan) I'm a natural-born punjabi speaker educated by my father in reading, writing, and speaking. I also have the equivalent of 2-2.5 years of high school spanish, and I can write it decently well.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
For those who think that Americans don't have to learn another language, here's an article that should change your mind.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-changes-your-view-of-the-world-10212854.html
Just as regular exercise gives your body some biological benefits, mentally controlling two or more languages gives your brain cognitive benefits. This mental flexibility pays big dividends especially later in life: the typical signs of cognitive ageing occur later in bilinguals – and the onset of age-related degenerative disorders such as dementia or Alzheimer’s are delayed in bilinguals by up to five years.

My advice on learning a language would be to learn it sincerely. Just do everything that you can in order to master it as quickly and efficiently as possible. And also, try to apply it wherever you can. For example, if you're learning Japanese you can try:

1) Reading Japanese manga, these usually have furigana which helps with pronunciation.
2) Playing games in Japanese. Some have the script in boxed text + voice so you can follow along.
3) Adding the capability to type in Japanese. This is quite useful and helps a lot in understanding.

You can also try other things too, the only limit is your creativity. For example, I renamed all of my Pokemon on Showdown using their Japanese names because a) I was interested in learning them for their own sake and b) to improve kana recognition.

As long as you put your heart into then there's no reason why you can't learn a language, even if it is a difficult language like Japanese.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)