Resource LC Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oops. Let me say that Slowpassing is more beneficial for the recipient and that's another boon Togepi has over Aipom. Yeah Aipom is faster and prolly wont get taunted as easily but does anyone switching into Toge wanna take a +2 Gleam / FBlast ? No they dont. Also What will Aipom be using against it's switchins?

Slowpassing is only beneficial when the boosts have a good chance of being passed. Togepi has nice defense, but terrible HP that's low by lc standards. When you bring it in on a Fighting type, good luck taking the jab. It cannot set up properly on the most common pokemon around, making me question whether or not the lot of you are overhyping Nastypass.

Btw fury swipes/low kick/nasty plot/bp is legit

Slowpassing is only beneficial when the boosts have a good chance of being passed. Togepi has nice defense, but terrible HP that's low by lc standards. When you bring it in on a Fighting type, good luck taking the jab. It cannot set up properly on the most common pokemon around, making me question whether or not the lot of you are overhyping Nastypass.
It's funny how you think every Fighting type pin the tier carries Fairy coverage. Mienfoo rarely does, Timburr doesn't unless it doesn't want to sweep, Scraggy does sometimes but Togepi has STAB Dazzling Gleam to smack it. The only real Fighting type Togepi should be afraid of is Croagunk.

EDIT: Here are some calcs:
vs. PJab Scraggy:
36 SpA Togepi Dazzling Gleam vs. 36 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Scraggy: 24-28 (109 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
156 Atk Scraggy Poison Jab vs. 76 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Togepi: 10-12 (47.6 - 57.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO
(10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 12)

Togepi has no problem with Scraggy, as it can OHKO in return and most likely even switch in on jab.

vs. PJab Timburr
36 SpA Togepi Dazzling Gleam vs. 76 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Timburr: 12-14 (48 - 56%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO
(12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 14)
196 Atk Timburr Poison Jab vs. 76 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Togepi: 10-12 (47.6 - 57.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO

I guess PJab Timburr beats it, but only it's only run around 30% of the time, and if you're paranoid you can always scout.

vs PJab Foo
36 SpA Togepi Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 12-14 (57.1 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Mienfoo Poison Jab vs. 76 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Togepi: 10-12 (47.6 - 57.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO

Togepi has no problem dealing with the most used mon in the tier right now, seeing as it can always 2HKO with leftover investment.

Of course, it can't deal with Gunk, but it can Nasty Pass on every other Fighting type in the tier, which is pretty impressive for something too lazy to get out its shell.

Last edited:
Reactions: zbr

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Btw fury swipes/low kick/nasty plot/bp is legit
What the actual hell are you talking about? Do you realise how uncommon PJab Foo is? Most opt not to run it because Acrobatics/Taunt/2nd fighting STAB is preferred on most sets. I can see merit in the Scarf set running Poison Jab, but let's face it, most Mienfoo just aren't opting to use it.

Timburr? Yeah, I suppose Timburr can run Poison Jab, and it's not particularly rare, but that also means it's not running Bulk Up.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why sticky a thread that's permanently at the top of the forum anyway...

Togepi -> D
Carvanha mid A -> low A
Vulpix high B -> Low A

I'm actually leaning towards moving fletchling down atm. it's just not the centralising force it once was, and it just doesn't have the pure power to sweep. However, it's role as one of the best revenge killers in the meta keeps making me think it could still be S

Does the fact it can function as both a revenge killer/check to many things, and sweep make it enough for S? can it do both of these roles well enough?

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
In my opinion Fletch could just drop to A+, Fletch+Dig is simply not seen anymore, I don't think anyone could say that's any better as a sweeper then Timburr, for instance. Besides, Fletch doesn't have a great influence in the meta as foo and pawn, at least in my opinion. Fletch is still the best revenge killer in the meta and provides a great option for any VoltTurn team, but the meta seems way too adapted to Fletch, the amount of flaws it has fits for an A+ rank mon rather then a S rank one.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Max Carvalho said:
I don't think anyone could say that's any better as a sweeper then Timburr, for instance... Fletch is still the best revenge killer in the meta and provides a great option for any VoltTurn team
So by this reasoning, Fletch would need to be the best sweeper AND the best revenge killer in the meta to be S-tier? I mean it's pretty centralizing, it takes down the things it needs to, and it can still pull off a lot of sweeps against weakened teams. Saying "its worse than timburr at set-up sweeping therefore it sucks" isn't true at all because Timburr might be the best set-up sweeper in the meta, possibly tied with tirtouga. You want to know why those two are considered the best? Because they dont lose to Fletch, the bird's influence is still massive and therefore still should be S-tier on any set of standards that aren't ridiculously high like "be the best at literally two distinct roles in the tier"

Now that we got the ORAS updates in the LC ladder and after playing several battles on it and having an idea about some Pokémon that got some buffs I thought it'd be wise to post my thoughts about them here and also say my opinion on which rank they'll be fitting in:

Pancham from C to B+/A- : This thing is as strong as we all predicted it'd be with a wide movepool after all the cool moves it got in ORAS allowing it to hit kinda all of the meta super effectively: its long time wanted Drain Punch, has Gunk Shot to deal with Fairies, Zen Headbutt for Poison-types, Knock Off for Ghost-types, Elemental Punches that are boosted by Iron Fist, Circle Throw and more.. it also got some other moves like Parting Shot that lets it work as a great pivot that allows set-up sweepers to come in more reliably and also has Bulk Up. It also has a good 67/62/48 bulk and good abilities which are all viable and cool to use (not to mention that it has Mold Breaker Knock Off that can remove Sticky Hold Pokémons' items). All of this makes it worthy of being B+ if not A-.

Pumpkaboo from B- to B+: Pumpkaboo got the only thing that it always wanted which is a reliable recovery in Synthesis that allowed it to preform its support role even better. With its wonderful 49/70/55 bulk that allows it to take on a lot of super effective hits, great typing that allows it, and wide support movepool with moves like Will-o-Wisp, Destiny Bond, Trick Room and finally Synthesis and not to mention its wide collection of attacks (Fire Blast, Rock Slide, Sludge Bomb..) it became clearly one of the best supportive mons in the meta that can fit easily in any type of teams (tried it in a stallish and an offensive team and it did well in both).

So yeah, I only mentioned these two as they're only one I tried out and got an idea of and I didn't want to base my post and my reasoning on theorymoning.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Now that we got the ORAS updates in the LC ladder and after playing several battles on it and having an idea about some Pokémon that got some buffs I thought it'd be wise to post my thoughts about them here and also say my opinion on which rank they'll be fitting in:

Pancham from C to B+/A- : This thing is as strong as we all predicted it'd be with a wide movepool after all the cool moves it got in ORAS allowing it to hit kinda all of the meta super effectively: its long time wanted Drain Punch, has Gunk Shot to deal with Fairies, Zen Headbutt for Poison-types, Knock Off for Ghost-types, Elemental Punches that are boosted by Iron Fist, Circle Throw and more.. it also got some other moves like Parting Shot that lets it work as a great pivot that allows set-up sweepers to come in more reliably and also has Bulk Up. It also has a good 67/62/48 bulk and good abilities which are all viable and cool to use (not to mention that it has Mold Breaker Knock Off that can remove Sticky Hold Pokémons' items). All of this makes it worthy of being B+ if not A-.

Pumpkaboo from B- to B+: Pumpkaboo got the only thing that it always wanted which is a reliable recovery in Synthesis that allowed it to preform its support role even better. With its wonderful 49/70/55 bulk that allows it to take on a lot of super effective hits, great typing that allows it, and wide support movepool with moves like Will-o-Wisp, Destiny Bond, Trick Room and finally Synthesis and not to mention its wide collection of attacks (Fire Blast, Rock Slide, Sludge Bomb..) it became clearly one of the best supportive mons in the meta that can fit easily in any type of teams (tried it in a stallish and an offensive team and it did well in both).

So yeah, I only mentioned these two as they're only one I tried out and got an idea of and I didn't want to base my post and my reasoning on theorymoning.
I agree with this, but based on all the benefits the new stuff has given both Pancham and Pumpkaboo, I think they should go higher than what's mentioned above.

Pancham to A-/A
Pumpkaboo to B+/A-

Also, Skrelp from D to B+. Adaptability wasn't implemented on Showdown when tested it a bit, but I've run some calcs and had some in-battle experience (mostly with QuoteCS who can vouch for Skrelp's capabilities) and its combination of solid bulk and newly-buffed offensive capabilities definitely merits it rising from D-rank. Sludge Wave and Hydro Pump in tandem with a Life Orb are fucking ridiculous, and even a bulkier RestTalk set has enough power with Scald to put solid dents in opposing Pokemon. Plus, Water and Poison coverage is really nice.

Last edited:

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I agree with this, but based on all the benefits the new stuff has given both Pancham and Pumpkaboo, I think they should go higher than what's mentioned above.

Pancham to A-/A
Pumpkaboo to B+/A-

Also, Skrelp from D to B+. Adaptability wasn't implemented on Showdown when tested it a bit, but I've run some calcs and had some in-battle experience (mostly with QuoteCS who can vouch for Skrelp's capabilities) and its combination of solid bulk and newly-buffed offensive capabilities definitely merits it rising from D-rank. Sludge Wave and Hydro Pump in tandem with a Life Orb are fucking ridiculous, and even a bulkier RestTalk set has enough power with Scald to put solid dents in opposing Pokemon. Plus, Water and Poison coverage is really nice.
I disagree with pancham moving to A- or A. While it definitely got a lot of new tools, it basically only has one REALLY viable set that isn't outclassed by something else, which is the parting shot pivot set. It has a good niche, but it's not good enough for A. B+ is the perfect rank for it.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I disagree with pancham moving to A- or A. While it definitely got a lot of new tools, it basically only has one REALLY viable set that isn't outclassed by something else, which is the parting shot pivot set. It has a good niche, but it's not good enough for A. B+ is the perfect rank for it.
Pancham can run either a bulkier Eviolite set or a Choice Scarf set, while Timburr (a similar Pokemon) runs practically the same set every time you see it, maybe fluctuating between Bulk Up and Poison Jab. Although Pancham doesn't have Mach Punch, it has a reliable means of pivoting out in while diminishing the foe's stats via Parting Shot. Plus, Mold Breaker Knock Off turns Trubbish, which is otherwise a solid Fighting check, into just an average Poison-type. I think A- is probably a good spot for it, at least until it becomes a standard Pokemon and people get a better feel for how it performs. B+ just seems too low for a Pokemon with all these great assets.

Yeah, A- is a good place for it currently. Although its new tutor moves give it a good movepool (Gunk shot, elemental punches, drain punch, knock off) and a great pivot role with parting shot, it is somewhat outclassed by the S Rank Mienfoo, who also gets U-Turn, High Jump Kick, and Acrobatics if it gets knocked off. While Pancham has the unique role of parting shot, it doesn't get regenerator like Mienfoo, so mienfoo can U-Turn and get health back, unlike pancham, which has No reliable recovery. Regenerator would be a godsend on Pancham. But since it doesn't get it, it has no recovery.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pancham has gunk shot meaning it can break through fairies easier than any other fighter (bar croagunk). Mambo, I personally don't think scarf Pancham is that viable. However gunk shot brings it up to A for me... Still think we should wait a week or so before moving Pancham/pumpkin about

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
The meta has just been born ppl are yet learning how to play with the new toys... See Rowan just said it, we probably should wait this meta develop more.

I think that overall, large pumpkaboo might be bulkier than Foongus, who is currently the "bulkiest" grass type in the tier.
Pumpkaboo-Large=54,70,55 defenses
Foongus=69,55,55 defenses.
However, Pumpkaboo is knock off weak, unlike Foongus.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd personally like to see the meta settle down just a little before we do anything concrete. But from what these Pokemon gained, I can see these changes being feasible.

There is no problem bringing these changes to light though. I agree we should wait, maybe longer than just one week, before we start changing these Pokemon around. Although, i do see most of the Pokemon who got new moves moving up spots.

Personally I'm leaning towards B+ for Pancham because it doesn't have the same checking presence as timburr or other fighters, especially vs a portion of win conditions. That being said, Parting Shot's utility for a wide variety of mons means that Pancham is almost always an option for them. So, my opinion's rather on the fence.

Also, aumara to B. it's now got a whole host of viable coverage moves that prevent it from sucking versus everything. that being said, it still sucks against a lot of mons, only really checking fletch. ice pressure is nice, especially when you can threaten chou and pawn, but people will realize that it's not as good as they hyped it to be

Also, aumara to B. it's now got a whole host of viable coverage moves that prevent it from sucking versus everything. that being said, it still sucks against a lot of mons, only really checking fletch. ice pressure is nice, especially when you can threaten chou and pawn, but people will realize that it's not as good as they hyped it to be
I think B- for Amaura, personally, if that. I am using it on a sand offensive team with a Choice Scarf, and while it does help keep the momentum, it is easy to play around. It cant really do much of anything against special walls, and it still has the same shitty typing it did before. It is a great bird counter though, and I love using it, but sometimes it definitely leaves much to be desired. Honestly, for now, I am leaning towars keeping Amaura in C+. Also, when did anybody hype Amaura? I don't recall this ever taking place...

As for Pancham, I definitely think it is worthy of being dropped into A-. Parting Shot support is invaluable, Gunk Shot is an amazing addition tomits movepool, and, while it may not be as good as other Acarfers, I definitely plan on testing this out on a more Hyper Offensive team. Sounds really fun. The only drawback to Parting Shot, really, as the fact that it does not break Sturdy nor Focus Sashes like U-turn or Volt Switch. However, the support provided for something like a Shell Smasher, Pawniard, Fletchling, Zigzagoon to set up is still very nice to have.

So writing all my nominations for the buffed mons, even if you aren't gonna consider changing them for at least the next couple of days.

Pancham to A: Agree

Pancham is probably the biggest winner from ORAS. Not only did it get a reliable STAB in the form of Drain Punch, it also got arguably what was holding it back the most: Knock Off. Not having Knock Off in this gen is definitely a negative factor for any mon, especially a Fighting type. Furthermore, it gets access to enviable coverage for any fighter in the form of Gunk Shot, which lets it hit the Fairies that resist both Knock Off and Drain Punch, meaning that Croagunk is the only Pokemon in the tier Pancham cannot hit at least neutrally with just these three moves. It also got access to the elemental punches, which let it break through Foongus, Ferroseed, Cottonee, and others, as well as Stone Edge, which lets it hit the birds it can lure in, as well as providing great coverage with Pancham's STAB Fighting type moves (on the topic of moves, this little guy should really get Play Rough imo tbh but oh well I guess I couldn't expect GameFreak to do smart things D:). 18 Attack means that Pancham can 2HKO all but the bulkiest walls in the tier. We also can't forget that Pancham has access to three great abilities in Iron Fist, Mold Breaker and Scrappy. Iron Fist means that it will be hitting harder with Drain Punch, which means it will recover more, while also makes the elemental punches stronger, which are good coverage on Pancham. Mold Breaker means that it can Knock Off even Sticky Hold abusers like Trubbish which would normally check fighters (although it can't do much else other than check Unaware Wooper lol). Scrappy is also a really good ability, meaning Pancham doesn't have to predict as much around ghosts like the newly buffed Pumpkaboo, but it's probably the least useful of its abilities.

Pancham is no slouch offensively, but where it really shines is as a bulky support. It can use Mold Breaker Knock Off to cripple walls and Drain Punch to recover, and is slow enough that it can usually get a teammate in with Parting Shot. Parting Shot is definitely Pancham's biggest niche, because it lets it cripple it opponent and provide momentum at the same time. This is incredibly useful, and means that Pancham is a boon to VoltTurn teams, one of the best playstyles in the metagame. It also has access to a usable support movepool, with Circle Throw and Roar to phaze, Toxic, Sunny Day, and Rain Dance, which let it support a wide variety of teams. Pancham also has the bulk to take strong hits and Parting Shot, hitting 23/21/21 defenses after Eviolite with a spread of 0 HP / 100 Def / 212 SpD. Look at it this way: Fletchling, with a 110 BP STAB Acrobatics coming off of 15 Attack, has a 6.3% chance to OHKO 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham after Stealth Rock. Abra, with a 90 BP STAB Psychic coming off of 20 Special Attack, has a 6.3% chance to OHKO 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham after Stealth Rock. Two of the hardest hits in this metagame fail to OHKO Pancham, and Pancham can OHKO both back with the appropriate coverage (assuming it hits Stone Edge) or Parting Shot on out into the appropriate check/counter/trapper/pornstar/sweeper.

One argument that I've been seeing for Pancham to B/B+ is that it can only run one set, the bulky Drain Punch/Knock Off/Gunk Shot/Parting Shot set. However, this isn't at all true. While that is most likely Pancham's most viable set, it is by no means the only set it can run. It can serve as a great scarfer, not needing to run Jolly to hit the essential 14 Speed, with a fast Parting Shot that provides excellent momentum and a high 18 Attack and powerful moves like Drain Punch, Knock Off, Gunk Shot, Stone Edge, and Storm Throw. Pancham can also viably run a Swords Dance or Bulk Up set, as it has the bulk to set up quite easily and can recover easily with a boosted Drain Punch. It can even run a Sub+Iron Fist Focus Punch set that can sub up on Pokemon that it forces out, like Pawniard, and which can destroy almost every Pokemon in the metagame after Fairies are gone, OHKOing mons as bulky as max Defense Impish Ponyta. It can work really well on hazard stack teams (which I think are going to be much more popular with the buffs to Skrelp and Chespin), phazing with Circle Throw and/or Roar.

196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 18-24 (78.2 - 104.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 18, 18, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 24)
236 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 19-23 (82.6 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 23)
+2 236 Atk Life Orb Pawniard Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 19-23 (82.6 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 23)
236 SpA Abra Psychic vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham: 18-24 (78.2 - 104.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
232+ SpA Chinchou Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham: 10-12 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 236 Atk Mold Breaker Drilbur Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 18-22 (78.2 - 95.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 22)
240+ SpA Magnemite Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham: 9-12 (39.1 - 52.1%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 12)
196 Atk Timburr Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 7-9 (30.4 - 39.1%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9)
+2 236+ Atk Tirtouga Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 15-18 (65.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)
188+ Atk Croagunk Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 10-13 (43.4 - 56.5%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(10, 10, 10, 10, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13)
+1 236+ SpA Porygon Psychic vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham: 18-22 (78.2 - 95.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 22)
12 SpA Spritzee Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham: 14-18 (60.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 18)
196+ Atk Life Orb Carvanha Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 9-13 (39.1 - 56.5%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(9, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13)
0 SpA Cottonee Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham: 12-14 (52.1 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Diglett Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 9-13 (39.1 - 56.5%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(9, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13)
196 SpA Life Orb Gastly Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham: 13-18 (56.5 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(13, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)
236+ SpA Gothita Psychic vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham: 14-20 (60.8 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(14, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20)
+2 196+ SpA Omanyte Surf vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham: 18-22 (78.2 - 95.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 22)
196+ Atk Snubbull Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 18-24 (78.2 - 104.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
156 Atk Vullaby Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 18-24 (78.2 - 104.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

180 Atk Archen Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 24-30 (104.3 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 30)
76 Atk Ponyta Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 10-13 (43.4 - 56.5%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(10, 10, 10, 10, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13) pony can wisp :(
+2 236+ SpA Vullaby Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham: 24-30 (104.3 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

180+ Atk Pancham Stone Edge vs. 156 HP / 92 Def Fletchling: 22-28 (95.6 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(22, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 28)
180+ Atk Iron Fist Pancham Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 9-12 (42.8 - 57.1%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180+ Atk Iron Fist Pancham Drain Punch vs. 236 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Pawniard: 28-40 (116.6 - 166.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(28, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 40) I DIDNT REALIZE IT COULD OHKO PAWNIARD :O
180+ Atk Pancham Stone Edge vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Archen: 12-16 (48 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(12, 12, 12, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 16)
180+ Atk Iron Fist Pancham Drain Punch vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Drilbur: 12-15 (52.1 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 15)
180+ Atk Pancham Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Ponyta: 12-16 (57.1 - 76.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
180+ Atk Iron Fist Pancham Fire Punch vs. 244 HP / 188+ Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 20-24 (83.3 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 24)
180+ Atk Iron Fist Pancham Fire Punch vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 12-16 (48 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180+ Atk Iron Fist Pancham Drain Punch vs. 236 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Porygon: 14-20 (53.8 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180+ Atk Pancham Gunk Shot vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 14-18 (51.8 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(14, 14, 14, 14, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)
180+ Atk Pancham Gunk Shot vs. 116 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Cottonee: 28-36 (127.2 - 163.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(28, 28, 28, 28, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 36)
180+ Atk Pancham Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 236 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Gothita: 12-16 (50 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(12, 12, 12, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 16) most run scarf, not this stupid shit
180+ Atk Iron Fist Pancham Drain Punch vs. 236 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Omanyte: 14-18 (60.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 18) idk what this runs
-1 180+ Atk Pancham Gunk Shot vs. 116 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Snubbull: 12-16 (50 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180+ Atk Pancham Stone Edge vs. 116 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 10-14 (40 - 56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(10, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 14)
180+ Atk Pancham Stone Edge vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Vulpix: 12-16 (52.1 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(12, 12, 12, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 16) idk what vulp runs

180+ Atk Iron Fist Pancham Drain Punch vs. 76 HP / 212+ Def Eviolite Chinchou: 9-12 (36 - 48%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180+ Atk Iron Fist Pancham Drain Punch vs. 76 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Timburr: 9-12 (36 - 48%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180+ Atk Iron Fist Pancham Fire Punch vs. 132 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Dry Skin Croagunk: 8-10 (34.7 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10)

TL;DR: Pancham hits hard and with great coverage, has great bulk, and a wide movepool that lets it run many sets. Pancham to A.

Pumpkaboo to B+: Agree

With the second coming of Christ Gen 6, Pumpkaboo has earned the title of best spinblocker in the tier. Now that it has Synthesis, it can beat the best spinners in the tier with ease (except maybe Knock Off Sandshrew lol). Neither Ice Beam Staryu nor (lol) Shadow Claw Drilbur have good chances to 2HKO it.
200 SpA Staryu Ice Beam vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 10-12 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Mold Breaker Drilbur Shadow Claw vs. 44 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 10-12 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236+ Atk Sandshrew Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 44 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 12-16 (52.1 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Staryu: 18-24 (90 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 8)
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Drilbur: 18-24 (78.2 - 104.3%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 124 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Sandshrew: 18-24 (78.2 - 104.3%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 8) can ko these two with sneak afterwards:
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Drilbur: 4-6 (17.3 - 26%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
(4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 6)
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 124 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Sandshrew: 3-4 (13 - 17.3%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock
(3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4)

Pumpkaboo is a really good Pokemon, with access to Leech Seed, Will-O-Wisp, and a new toy that ORAS gave it: Synthesis. Synthesis means that it now has reliable recovery, which is a godsend for a bulky Pokemon like Pumpkaboo. Pumpkaboo is now very viable because of this, as anything that can't 2HKO it has almost no chance of beating it, and many things can't, seeing as it hits 23/24/24 defenses with Eviolite and a spread of 44 HP / 196 Def / 236+ SpD. The only real competition it faces is Foongus, who is also a bulky grass. Foongus does have Spore and Regenerator which makes it generally better, but on teams with hazards, Pumpkaboo is probably better for its ability to block hazard removal. Pumpkaboo also has access to Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp, which Foongus does not. Pumpkaboo also has much more offensive presence, meaning it is not total set up fodder for many mons, whereas Foongus is. All in all, Pumpkaboo has all the qualities necessary to cement itself as one of the best bulky Grass types in the tier, but it may be outclassed by Foongus. As you can tell from the following calcs, Pumpkaboo can beat about half of S and A Rank Pokemon. Incorporate into that the fact that it can't run Rock Slide, Shadow Sneak, Bullet Seed, Will-O-Wisp, and Synthesis, and Pumpkaboo doesn't seem to deserve A Rank. That being said, it's still a very good mon, and it's far and away the best spinblocker in the tier. B+ seems like the perfect rank for Pumpkaboo.

196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 14-20 (60.8 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 13-18 (56.5 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(13, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)
236 Atk Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 14-20 (60.8 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(14, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20) pump can live long enough to burn all three, which severely decreases their usefulness. team player imo.
236 SpA Abra Shadow Ball vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 10-14 (43.4 - 60.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180 Atk Archen Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 20-26 (86.9 - 113%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(20, 20, 20, 20, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 26) keep in mind that rocks + sneak put arch into defeatist.
232+ SpA Chinchou Ice Beam vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 10-12 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Mold Breaker Drilbur Shadow Claw vs. 44 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 10-12 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
240+ SpA Magnemite Flash Cannon vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 7-10 (30.4 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(7, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10)
236+ Atk Tirtouga Stone Edge vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 9-12 (39.1 - 52.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 12) tirt cant set up with pump still around anyway but i guess ill include the +2 calcs also
+2 236+ Atk Tirtouga Stone Edge vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 16-21 (69.5 - 91.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21)
236 Atk Life Orb Diglett Shadow Claw vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 10-13 (43.4 - 56.5%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 13) mrw shadow claw diggy is used enough to show up on calc
236 Atk Life Orb Diglett Sucker Punch vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 13-16 (56.5 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 16)
236+ SpA Gothita Shadow Ball vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 10-12 (43.4 - 52.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
196+ Atk Snubbull Play Rough vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 7-10 (30.4 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(7, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10)

76 Atk Ponyta Flare Blitz vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 18-24 (78.2 - 104.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 18, 18, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 24) its k bc i can burn it while it blitzes ;)
196 Atk Timburr Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 10-14 (43.4 - 60.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(10, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 14) its going timburrrrrrr (i had to. it's a fucking tree (not really but pumpkins are trees imo))
188+ Atk Croagunk Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 10-14 (43.4 - 60.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 188+ SpA Croagunk Shadow Ball vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 16-20 (69.5 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20)
+1 236+ SpA Porygon Shadow Ball vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 14-18 (60.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(14, 14, 14, 14, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18) i dont understand how a duck can beat a tree in a fite but k.
196+ Atk Life Orb Carvanha Crunch vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 18-26 (78.2 - 113%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 26)
196 SpA Life Orb Gastly Shadow Ball vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 18-26 (78.2 - 113%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 26)
+2 196+ SpA Omanyte Ice Beam vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 22-26 (95.6 - 113%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 26)
156 Atk Vullaby Brave Bird vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 14-20 (60.8 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236+ SpA Vullaby Dark Pulse vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 14-18 (60.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
196 SpA Vulpix Fire Blast vs. 44 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super in Sun: 24-30 (104.3 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Rock Slide vs. 156 HP / 92 Def Fletchling: 12-16 (52.1 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 9-12 (42.8 - 57.1%) -- approx. 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4) does more than foo's knock roflol
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abra: 18-21 (94.7 - 110.5%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
(6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7) with sneak i guarantee ko but i have to break sash first
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abra: 14-20 (73.6 - 105.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Archen: 6-7 (26 - 30.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7) puts it in defeatist after rocks
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 76 HP / 212+ Def Eviolite Chinchou: 18-24 (72 - 96%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 8) sneaky sneaky tree
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 76 HP / 212+ Def Eviolite Chinchou: 3-4 (12 - 16%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Drilbur: 18-24 (78.2 - 104.3%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Drilbur: 4-6 (17.3 - 26%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 92 Def Tirtouga: 36-48 (171.4 - 228.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 16) lol at sturdy
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Diglett: 24-36 (133.3 - 200%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 12) it can ko diggy, it must be rly strong
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Gastly: 14-18 (73.6 - 94.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 200 Def Eviolite Gothita: 9-12 (42.8 - 57.1%) -- approx. 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 156 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Omanyte: 12-36 (54.5 - 163.6%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 12) all 4s except a 12. fucking little cup rolls.
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Vulpix: 14-18 (70 - 90%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(14, 14, 14, 14, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Pawniard: 6-9 (27.2 - 40.9%) -- approx. 17.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3)
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 236 Def Eviolite Ponyta: 8-10 (38 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 10)
196 Atk Timburr Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 44 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 10-14 (43.4 - 60.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 76 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Timburr: 9-12 (36 - 48%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
warning: pump loses to every a rank mon lol
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 132 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Croagunk: 4-6 (17.3 - 26%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 244 HP / 188+ Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 3-4 (12.5 - 16.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock
(3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4) ferro cant beat it tho
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Rock Slide vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 4-5 (16 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
(4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5)
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 236 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Porygon: 9-12 (34.6 - 46.1%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 9-12 (33.3 - 44.4%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 116 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Cottonee: 3-6 (13.6 - 27.2%) -- approx. 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
(1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2)
-1 0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 116 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Snubbull: 3-9 (12.5 - 37.5%) -- approx. 1.1% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
(1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3)
0 Atk Pumpkaboo-Super Rock Slide vs. 116 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 6-8 (24 - 32%) -- 17.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

TL;DR: Pumpkaboo can beat maybe half of S and A Rank mons, and suffers from 4MSS. It's outclassed by Foongus as a bulky grass, but does have more offensive presence and the ability to spinblock. B+ for Pumpkaboo.

Will edit in Skrelp later, but right now I want to go use FOCOSU PUNCHURU PANCHAM-SAN.

On the topic of pokemon benefited by ORAS, I would like to nominate Skrelp for B rank.

I've been testing Skrelp out a lot lately, and I've got to say it's a powerhouse with Adaptability. It has great bulk to compliment its eight excellent resistances. Hydro Pump becomes a deadly move with Adapatability and almost nothing that doesn't resist or is immune to water in this meta is going to like taking a lot of damage from it with Stealth Rock support. With Stealth Rocks up, Hydro Pump can OHKO Fletchling and have a 99.6% chance to OHKO the standard Porygon set. You can also use Scald as another water STAB to fish for helpful burns onto your opponent. Sludge Wave is also an excellent STAB that will get benefited by Adaptability and will wreck teams. Skrelp can also use this to hit grass types such as Chespin for super effective damage. Sludge Wave can also hit Foongus on the switch if it wants to spore you, but you can proceed to Sludge Wave again for a KO. For the last slot, you can have Hidden Power Fire for 2HKOing Ferroseed, Hidden Power Psychic for Croagunk, or Thunderbolt for Frillish and other Skrelp. All options are all of course your preference and what your team needs the most.

Albeit Skrelp has a lot of potential with its excellent typing and Adaptability, it does need a little team support. Chinchou and Abra are a big problem for Skrelp so Foongus or Stunky can help a lot . Other good teammates for Skrelp are Drilbur, Spritzee, Mienfoo, and Pawniard. Drilbur or any hazard setters are very important because Stealth Rocks will ensure KOs with, as stated in the first paragraph, Foongus, Fletchling, and the standard Porygon. Spritzee can also be a very useful partner because it can improve Skrelp's longevity by Wish passing and they both provide some coverage for each other. Mienfoo is always reliable and can always pivot with U-Turn to get Skrelp out on the field safely. Pawniard also has Knock Off support to soften your opponent by knocking off their Eviolite, Berry Juice, Choice Scarf, or Life Orb so Skrelp can have a better time. These teammates are just optional, but these mons will really help Skrelp be more effective in battles. Having a hazard setter is almost a must though.

Overall, ORAS has given Skrelp amazing capabilities. I think it perfectly fits in B rank, as its positive traits outshine its flaws and it does need a little team support.

Last edited:
Pancham for A-

Now that we know about the SD set and its capabilities, we should probably place Pancham higher than where it is. Simply put, Pancham has become one of the best wallbreakers in the game, smashing through the likes of Spritzee, Pumpkaboo, Pory, Ferro, ect. Only reason I am not putting it higher is it cannot afford a burn, unlike Timburr, its most significant rival. still, it hits unbelievably hard and still has Bucky the same options as Timburr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)