LC's SPL Coverage

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think if Arte sacked Mienfoo on turn 34 and kept meditite alive instead then he probably would have won. The situation would be exactly the same but with Meditite>Mienfoo in the end game, allowing him to FO + BP for the win.

also Prem's team contained, Teshiido, Spritzee, Carvanhe, Itemless BP Gligar and Scraggy... who would've thought it?
well CLEARLY i use the things i hype lol

prem - Artemisia

I like this match, I have seen that more than once. I was really surprised by Misdreavus (thinking about a topic where we talking about Missy and his new role in XY); I think his use is decisive: WoW on Porygon (turn 18) after a good baton pass between Glicar to Scraggy, good succesful switch-in on a top-mons like Meditite (turn 34) taking advantage from that

I think if Arte sacked Mienfoo on turn 34 and kept meditite alive instead then he probably would have won. The situation would be exactly the same but with Meditite>Mienfoo in the end game, allowing him to FO + BP for the win.
[....]
and another WoW on Snover (turn 35).
A bonus (if he needs that) to use Misdreavus too.

Corkscrew already explained the teams really well, so i'm gonna skip that

This battle literally took hours, and as such you can expect mistakes to be made. Ray Jay had about 5 oppurtunities to kill Mienfoo early on, which would have allowed Pawniard to put much more pressure on Catcher's team, or even completely sweep it. Instead, he kept on trying to knock off, while it was clear that Catcher wasn't planning on losing his eviolite. I don't think the gligar vs magnemite play was a bad play, considering Catcher already outpredicted Ray Jay twice (first volt switch, then thunderbolt), and if that thing was Knocked Off, Tirtouga would have a much easier time sweeping. Although Gligar would've been useful in order to Knock Off Slowpoke, this wasn't a bad play per se

ray jay using morning sun as swirlix used belly drum wasn't a bad play, gtfo

what i'm mostly wondering about is if Catcher ran Thief on Swirlix. cause if he did, we are witnessing a 100% choke, as Catcher could have used it the turn Tirtouga set up, steal tirt's berry juice, and since Swirlix was at exactly 50% hp, it would consume it immediately, which means Aqua Jet would not be able to KO while Swirlix would still be faster (so swirlix would have swept). I'm really hoping Catcher ran something like Flamethrower....

Chieliee, I was not using Thief, unfortunately. I wish I was. and the Calc that i did said that +6 Return did less than half which i was relying on. but oh well.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Blara is the fucking best.
Predicted that flamethrower burn on his guts timburr
Predicted the roar => wish passed to his injured ferro

Blara is the god thinking one million moves ahead.

Long live the cyronicles

My little cent. It's only a simple thounght (without maliciousness to anyone at all) but I believe to play vs a skilled and expert player like blarajan with a passive behaviour it's a difficult way to try a victory.

P.S.: Where is HP Fire in turn 67-68?

I've noticed that Eo is a very erratic player with no real game plan. It seems like all he does is rely on Gligar speed ties and deservedly loses them. I think that if he wants to win a match for the Raiders, he has to be more creative with his sets in order to overcome his flaws as a battler. He doesn't really make any predictions which causes him to be read like a book. If this keeps continuing, the Raiders should probably look for other options.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
team analysis:

prem's team is weak to Belly Drum Swirlix.
lol i wouldnt say my team was exactly weak to bd swirlix.... provided i fucked up by letting hippo die. technically, hippo and lileep can both take a hit from swirlix, while scarf missy lets me revenge it. and then if i wasnt bad i would rely on gligar hax instead of forgetting it exists so maybe that miss woulda been useful.

prem

failed abortion
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-lc-786

lets discuss how me and blara played an lc game with knock off being used twice only and i didnt even have knock off on my team. lets also discuss how there was not one speed tie in that game and that game is how every lc game should be. fuck im so bad for the dgleam and the bs dbond

Okay now that 4 weeks of SPL have gone by already, if there was any match that you felt was particularly good, feel free to nominate it as a highlight match. I'm not gonna impose a limit for now, but don't nominate every other match please lol.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
lol i wouldnt say my team was exactly weak to bd swirlix.... provided i fucked up by letting hippo die. technically, hippo and lileep can both take a hit from swirlix, while scarf missy lets me revenge it. and then if i wasnt bad i would rely on gligar hax instead of forgetting it exists so maybe that miss woulda been useful.
tl;dr prem is bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)