League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

I'm intrigued...but....uhhh.....who the hell is Zyra?
Morello's nature mage girl thing. He leaked her personally, with a teaser pic too.

Morello said:
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(Hint, she's not made of flesh):

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=92065&d=1341599513
The name of the file is zyra.jpg. I don't know where, but I believe it was confirmed her name is indeed Zyra.

ETA: Never mind, it wasn't deleted; my link just didn't work anymore, for some reason. You can view the post here. Confirmation of her name here.

I want Zyra so badly. She will be the first champion I buy on release, unless she is a conventional assassin, in which case I will reevaluate the situation as I am godawful at assassins and don't enjoy them (though I like Akali, still suck at her though :( lol).

Basically, I just like playing champions with pretty particles, and what else can flower girl be?
she could be viny like a tangrowth

Upcoming free week:

Amumu
Cho'Gath
Heimerdinger
Kog'Maw
Master Yi
Miss Fortune
Morgana
Renekton
Sion
Ziggs

I might not even play ARAMs this week. Riot is trolling.

I've only ever seen a Heimerdinger lose an ARAM twice, and I've been playing a lot over the last month. In the first one, my friend was Warwick and I was Ahri, and we focused everything on killing him. In the second one, Heimerdinger was on our team and kept walking in front of everyone, whereupon he would promptly be burst down.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I played a marathon of ARAM games last night and kept getting those champions that everyone has because they're cheap (specifically Ryze and Yi). Not a fun experience, though I appreciate the new official support for it with the map and whatnot. When did that happen?

My back is too weak. Playing blind pick normals with a level 20 friend. I was Jayce and went bot with an Alistar. At the 12 minute mark I was 10/0/0 and the enemy lane of Skarner and Jayce were 0/8 and 0/2. I was about to type gg in all chat when I tab and realize that our top lane of Sion and Teemo were a combined 0/12. We lost.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Teemo always move quick and beat Mundo to front of bar line. Mundo no like waiting! You take for 292 RP.

mundo and teemo confirmed for drinking buddies

wikey do you ever actually enjoy league of legends

Now that I've started playing ARAMs on PG, yes. But I just picked up Jayce and so am screwing around in Blind Picks so that I can use him. Blind Picks always end in sadness.

Also, squeaky wheel gets the oil or some shit.

Now that I've started playing ARAMs on PG, yes.
This. Proving Grounds is so fun :) I haven't enjoyed LoL so much in awhile. Maybe it'll wear off and then I'll stop playing, I don't know :/ but I kinda got tired of Summoner's Rift after a particularly sour losing streak (which has been continued ever since I resumed playing again), so I've been playing a lot of PG.

Blind Picks always end in sadness.
Also, this... (Not relevant to my first paragraph. I play draft.)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Zyra, Rise of Womanisier.

I don't really like how Proving Grounds ARAM plays more like Crystal Scar ARAB than Summoner's Rift ARAM. :[ I put up with it because the map automatically enforces all the rules so it's just impossible to cheat.

rise of thorns :)
hue

She looks like an awesome champion. Probably a lot more interesting then the League of Beefcake we've seen over the past month or so.

And apparently she's Morello's creation (thanks Jumpluff), so she should stomp all over Irelia. That's good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)