League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

okay so while we wait for day two of the quarterfinals let's play a small trivia game

name small nuances about the game that other people are likely not to know (the more obscure the better)

for example TIL that if you throw a spear as nidalee and then pounce away from the direction you threw it, the increase in distance from your target causes the spear to deal more damage

rip gambit ;-; they were def nervous as fuck, especially voidle

im really interested to see the probably njswd vs skt though. old korea best vs new korea

just like the game vs vulcun w9, c9 getting trashed when they have bad lvl 1

royal vs omg is prob gonna be hot, it'll happen too late for me to watch though :(

I thought Voidle had a good group stage but that was really unfortunate for him vs NJBS. Time to go for Fnatic, the current Korean and Chinese teams seem quite humble but I still don't want Asain dominance. Ozone got cocky, much like the CJ Entus teams.

TIL charm hits through playful/trickster.

if u throw an auto in human nidalee form then transform to cougar and takedown before the auto lands u get the aa modifier

source: i main nid and feed many with her

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I am sad but I know that the Russians have proven their superiority to the evil Americans. Mother Russia will continue to reign supreme, even in their loss.

pray mains the triforce champions and is still one of the best AD carries in korea

expession is known to singlehandedly carry games on irelia and jax

literally nothing is known about nagne but it's rumored that between him and SSONG, NJBS can play every single mid champion in the game bar a few fringe champions

they have a lot of potential and nobody knows anything about them which means that they could end up sweeping the rest of the tournament
late because i just got home from exams (game 3 was played during my exam ><)

pray is regarded as best AD world among most asian pros (even chinese) for a good reason - he plays everything to a good level. he's just all around really solid, he's not a never-die never-dive carry like score, he's not a balls to the wall carry like imp, but if he leans to one side of that spectrum, he comes pretty damn close to either of those players in terms of ability. those two have obvious weaknesses though score is starting to patch them up, pray doesn't

expession is one of the few carry top laners remaining in korea. the only other notable carry top laners are shy and nonamed if you're a ctu fan

'literally nothing' is only true if you don't follow the korean scene in-depth (which i have to do as part of my role on tl). he's the antithesis to gbm though he used to jungle for gbm's old team. they have a bit of a rivalry, he mains assassins (ahri is his signature champion but apparently gambit didn't know/realise that until game 3) while gbm mains ranged farmers like ori and karth. nagne is incredibly cocky and it's not even his personality that he puts on for the camera, he does really disrespectful shit in pro games all the time and gets away with it. i wouldn't say he's faker #2 but faker, gbm and nagne form the shining ray of hope for the korean mid lane after recent disappointment from dade and ryu (and going back further, rapidstar, ambition and ezhoon)

i am actually going to say outright that the only reason sword lost game 1 was because nagne disrespected alex too much, backing to get a dring which ended up losing him the lane and costing him the roam opportunities that he usually takes to snowball his team

the only televised footage of them is nlb where you can see the nagne/watch combo just demolish everyone. playcalling switched from maknoon to be more balanced between expession and watch, it really shows in watch's improved play imo. honestly sword's outcome at worlds was going to be:
  1. get shit on because they haven't improved since champions summer
  2. demolish everyone because on paper the only other team in korea that matches them blow-for-blow is kt bullets and their main problem is drafting/indecisiveness
i am actually confident they will give skt t1 a good shake-up, they will be excellent practice and i predict the winner of the korea vs korea semi to win the entire tournament unless china gets their shit together

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
name small nuances about the game that other people are likely not to know (the more obscure the better)
- Tryndamere's ult heals him to 3% HP at the end of the duration if his HP was less than that.
- When Diana ults a champion, she immediately performs an autoattack upon hitting, essentially making the ult deal bonus dmg and applying onhit effects (hi there Lich Bane). This prob happens with some other gapclosers.
- At lv.18, if you have more than 84 hp/5 as aatrox, you can charge Blood Well out of combat (you'll recover more HP from your health regen and Blood Well's ooc loss).
- Riot recommends 3 dfgs on Eve
- Screw Korea

been rooting for njbs since the 3 korean teams were revealed and none of them were KTB. They are one of the team that actually seems entertaining on paper, with a carry top laner, versatile mid(s), and overall good adc. plus watch is cute as fuck.

i'm still crying over the fucking nunu pick though WHY NUNU WHY.

dunk dunk dunk bang

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
WELP GUESS I GOTTA ROOT FOR THE ONLY WHITE PEOPLE LEFT IN THE TOURNAMENT

two-time champs let's get it

Lavos

Banned deucer.
the spellvamp on lee sin's second w cast (iron will) works with smite, so you can bait an enemy into a duel then smite a nearby minion for ~100 free hp

there are a couple places on the map where j4's demacian standard can be thrown so that the follow-up dragon strike won't actually reach the flag. hilarity ensues

everyone knows that riven can hop walls with the third cast of broken wings, but on the wall separating purple side tri bush from dragon pit, all three casts can jump it

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If you stay long enough in a bush with skarner without moving, he'll say "Skar skar skarner" (like a pokemon), funny that no one brought this one up yet

tons of stuff are refering to DotA like Nashor (= Roshan in DotA, the opposite) the Rylai referring to the Frost Maiden etc

You lose the game if you surrender right after the other team surrenders

Wukong's weapon is the "Doran's stick"

idk if this was posted already, i know jib always talks about it, but lulu can kill wards by sticking pix (which gives true sight) on enemy minions and drawing them near the ward. did they change that yet

most people know this but if you walk past a brush and there's nothing in sight but starcall isn't greyed out, someone's in the brush. similar to how you can (i think you still can) watch for fiddle's passive in the buff icons and know he's there

here is a topical reminder: if you're sona and your jungler is ganking, don't heal (or use e i think) if they're lower than the ad carry (or the ad carry isn't near) b/c they'll see your ribbon go into the brush and the gank will be ruined. lol...

True Sight still works that way actually, you can do the same with cait's traps and probably nid's(which works on minions!!) as well.

That reminds me, if you can pull lane creeps before your own minions get to them you can lead them anywhere on the map that you want as long as they keep sight of you. This is useful for scouting out wards without true sight(or before you place a pink) and for pissing off your jungler

EDIT - when farming wraiths you can hug the wall and soak experience if your tower is firing off. I like doing this if my mid gets forced out and shoved early sometimes because wraiths give the most experience out of the small camps and you can remain MIA with double buff.

Last edited:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If you're rammus and you use zhonyas mid powerball, you'll still be spinning, and anyone who runs into your statue will be hit by the powerball.

Source: my friend is a dumbass

Lavos

Banned deucer.
you can smite zac blobs but not anivia egg

i guess thats a more obvious one but i tried hitting smite on an almost dead anivia today and was mildly surprised to find it didnt work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)