League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Well I've been playing for about a week now, and I think because I understand the game a lot more I'm really starting to enjoy it.

Anyway my username on LoL is Pieffot and I'm going to add everyone that left their username in this thread since I think it'll be nice to play some games with the same group of people

Lol Mundo? Ok id like to try him out.
And LoL is one of those games you have to stick to and play abit before you can get good enough to understand tactics amd gameplay.
Ill try to play with you if i have time im pretty noobish so its unlikely ill be a lot better than you.

oh ya, I'm called Intronaut in-game (lvl 16 at the moment) and I'd gladly play with any of you. I'm not really that good, though.

The only reason Mundo is OP on Twisted is because his healing was designed with 5 people in mind. In threes, it's nearly impossible to out-damage him, while his Cleaver has insane damage anyway.

i have 405 rp. the only thing i can buy with this is soraka or a crappy yi skin. tango twisted fate is on sale. i require about 90 more rp to purchase tango twisted fate, the only remotely good skin i can afford. however, the smallest transaction that will achieve this costs $3.50. i need to get rid of my rp. help.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just save it for another purchase.

So I wanted to try Sona. She came out this week, I played her, she is awesome. I went 12/6/12 in a game about a 30/45 game (lost sadly, but I carried like crazy, got full stacks for Menaj).

Thorns, you should probably just save up for another purchase, a crappy Yi recolor is definitely not worth your money. Buy Chosen Master Yi if you must get a Yi skin.

Sona used to be ridiculously OP until Riot nerfed her a lot, now she needs to get fed to be relevant. Still, a multi-target stun is always useful.

Anyways, my favorite champ is Udyr, as Thorns probably knows. I play him a lot in both ranked and casual games. In ranked games, I'm a tank that dies a lot, gets lots of assists, and does his duty as a jungler. In casual games, I roll out DPS builds, get fed, and carry my team.

There are really huge differences between experienced ranked players and players who only have around 200 games, from looking at our enemies as I play with Thorns.

For example, everyone knows how to build a champion. But the newer players don't know to pull back in the lane at 4 minutes, because that's when a jungler finishes his initial path to Level 4. They don't know about getting sight wards or using them properly. They don't know that dragon is worth 3 kills, and that once your team takes an advantage in a teamfight, you should immediately force a dragon. They don't know that First Mid Tower is the most important tower in the game, since it grants the most map control. Once it falls, you need to do your best to take down the enemy's mid tower.

There's a lot of things that go beyond simply learning to build and play your champion, and that is the beauty of LoL.

new rotation <(^_^<)

yi, renekton, and lux in every game I guess

will try out all of them because I havent played a majority of this schedule so this will be a busy week

Master Yi is a really underrated champ. I've been playing him a lot (own him), and think he's a good character if you're sure to itemize a tanky item down the line. He can jungle or lane, but don't try jungling him if you aren't level 30 with fully optimized jungling runes. The first build is my favorite.

Pure DPS Yi Build:
Doran's Ring
Berserker's Greaves
Youmoo's Ghostblade
Stark's Fervor
Banshee's Veil

Tanky Master Yi Build:
Doran's Ring
Mercury's Treads
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler
Stark's Fervor

Jungle Yi Build:
Wriggle's Lantern
Mercury's Treads
Youmoo's Ghostblade
Phantom Dancer
Banshee's Veil

every time i play that tanky master yi build i can't help but think that warwick does the job better. then i remember alpha strike.

i've been playing a bit of sona vonfiedler (in fact i bought her last week ~_~) and i like to build the following. i usually end up getting them all since sona does well in long games

ionian boots of lucidity
soul shroud
aegis of the legion
will of the ancients
mejai's soulstealer/rod of ages
rabadon's deathcap

i want locket back just as much as any other sona player but you can make it work. sona players need to rely on a leveled hymn of valor to get those stacks up midgame, so she can roll onto lategame. i can't help but feel that janna is a better support though, because sona's crescendo has a long cooldown and howling gale has a short one comparatively, and both are the main crowd (literally haha) control skills of those heroes

sona is a lot prettier though i guess that's why i haven't bought janna yet 9.9

Okay, I downloaded the game, it's decent, but if your playing with people who play defense all game, its boring. I have no clue what level I am, but if you want to play with me, my name's Charblade111.

any thoughts on the new patch?

only noticed when I surprisingly couldn't buy a health potion after doran's blade in the beginning

hope it solves the incredible stalemate that was early game and switches it towards a more aggressive early game.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Dear Riot,

No Rammus Nerf you ever will try will work until you nerf the freakishly long 3 second taunt. I know you have some kind of weird fetish for spiky armadillos, and that's okay by me, but seriously, it's getting old when a single CC lasts 3 seconds. Adding more cooldown on it did nothing, and slowing his powerball did far less. Let's try and at least pretend that you understand something about the game you created.

Love, Valk.

i'm gonna try out renekton when i have time. jebus mcazn wrote a renekton guide that seems alright. obviously i'll do my own thing but i need the basics first

I'm looking into buying Vlad, and I have noticed two things before even buying him. Rylai's really looks like it owns, and there definitely needs to be an item that builds from Haunting Guise...

I'm looking into buying Vlad, and I have noticed two things before even buying him. Rylai's really looks like it owns, and there definitely needs to be an item that builds from Haunting Guise...
Vlad is probably the least fun champion in the game. He's not OP by any stretch of the imagination, but he's just not fun to play.

(Actually scratch that Alistar is less fun.)

i bought vlad. i actually find him fun because you have to remember what order to press your keys in, which keys not to press at all, etc. doesn't sound fun until you do it. as well as hemoplague basically guaranteeing a kill one on one. i find that what seperates good vlad players from bad vlad players is how they utilise pool. some pool to initiate which is actually incredibly dumb

my build is

amplifying tome
mpen boots/cdr boots (depending on enemy team)
got at least 2 kills/assists? get soulstealer. if not, build rylai's
deathcap
rylai's if you didn't before, otherwise void staff (haunting guise is just pretending to help you)
abyssal scepter if they stack mres otherwise another deathcap

sometimes games get really long and when that happens i replace every single item with deathcap
never ever build warmog's. every ap item gives you health which boosts your pool. the only tanking item i find acceptable on vlad is force of nature

u vlad bro?

i'm gonna try out renekton when i have time. jebus mcazn wrote a renekton guide that seems alright. obviously i'll do my own thing but i need the basics first

I don't want to sound like a complete jerk, but how does a level 28 write a guide on a hero? And second, trinity force, on Renekton? Why, he does not gain anything from extra mana, he does not scale with AP either. Zeal is marginal on him, and so is phage. Id be ready to wager that a fury boosted ruthless predator yields more DPS with a Black cleaver than a trinity force.

Dude you dont have to be pro to work on a guide. Guides are always works in progress and will change as the player improves or the metagame or game changes. But you DO NOT have to be super pro to write a guide

? Did i kill the thread?
Anyway i wanna use rammus and i probably need some tips for him. Hes still imba riggt? :P.
But yeaaaaa he looks good. I kinda dont understand defensive ball curl tho. Can he still walk while in defensive ball curl?

Rammus is still imba, yeah.

Sigh, my rating has gone from 1500+ to 1350, and on my last match I fed 0-4 and ragequit. Sometimes ranked games make you go on tilt, then everything goes to hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)